Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Unani Specialists in India. You will find Unani Specialists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Unani Specialists online in bengaluru. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ahmed Farhaan Hashmi
Treatment of Joint Pain
Treatment of Gonorrhea
Treatment of Genital Warts
Treatment of Fibromyalgia
Treatment of Genital Sores
Type 2 Diabetes Treatment
Bronchial Asthma Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Gestational Diabetes Management
Treatment of Mellitus
Submit a review for Dr. Ahmed Farhaan HashmiYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Ahmed Farhan to be helped me improve my health and very helpful. Its was great to talk to him.... Its jst my second doctor nd good wisher thanku
Dr. Ahmed Farhan provides answers that are sensible. Can you suggest a proper diet?
Unani, the system of traditional medicine, has been practiced in India for a long time now. Originated in Greece and pioneered by Hippocrates, it came to India through Arabs and Persians during the 11th century. Even though it has foreign roots, it has been practiced widely and adopted in India.
Core of Unani
The Unani system of medicine believes that disease is a natural process and their symptoms are reactions of the body to the disease. The proper functioning of the body is dependent on seven key factors or Umoor-E-Tabaiya - elements, temperament, humours, organs, vital forces, faculties and functions. Also, it emphasizes the presence of four humours in the body. These are the essential fluids, which the human body obtains from food and constitutes of various hormones and enzymes.
Each of these humours carry a temperament:
- Blood – Dam: It is hot and moist.
- Phlegm – Balgham: It is cold and moist.
- Yellow bile – Safra: It is hot and dry.
- Black bile – Sauda: It is cold and dry.
A person is considered to be healthy if these four humours and their corresponding temperaments are in a state of mutual equilibrium. Every individual has their own humoural composition, which represents their state of health. An imbalance in the humours leads to diseases and ailments in the body.
Diagnosis of Unani
The balance of the humours and the overall health of the body is assessed through the pulse or nabz, urine and stool. Also the functioning of the entire body and mental health is determined with the help of the pulse, urine and stool.
The Unani Therapy
Unani takes into account the whole personality of the individual and employs the following techniques:
- Regimental therapy – It is a special technique that uses detoxification methods to remove waste materials and improve the defence mechanism of the body. Some of the commonly used therapies under this section are as follows:
- Venesection – This corrects blood-related problems and relieves high blood pressure.
- Cupping – This cleans the skin and gets rid of waste matters
- Sweating – Dry or wet fomentation, massage, warm water bath are used to remove waste through the natural process of sweating.
- Diuresis – Waste products are excreted through urine and used as cure for certain diseases of heart, liver and lungs.
- Turkish bath - Hot or cold bath is taken to eradicate waste and increase nutrition.
- Massage – It improves the blood supply and relaxes muscles.
Important components used in Unani medicine are as follows:
• Kasni or chicory
Diet therapy: Proper monitoring of the diet in accordance with the individual is prescribed. This age-old alternate form of medicine is noteworthy for its remarkable benefits.
Unani treatment is a very ancient form of curing diseases. In the old times, it was practiced in Greece and Arabian countries. According to Unani practitioners, our body is an amalgamation of the four major elements: fire, water, air, and earth. These components remain present in our bodies in equal proportion but when the balance is somehow disturbed we develop certain conditions that distort our lifestyle. However, the condition can be improved if natural products are used to restore the balance. It is almost like rectifying a natural discrepancy with a measure that is in turn, natural.
Diabetes is a condition that is accompanied by frequent urination, excessive pressure on the urinary bladder, weight fluctuation, increased intensity of thirst and hunger, tiredness and loss of sexual drive. According to Unani a person becomes diabetic when one of these disorders takes place:
- If the normal temperament of the kidneys is disoriented.
- Renal inadequateness
- Widening of kidneys and urinary tract.
Here are some of the natural treatments to help you fight diabetes. The products that we are going to talk about are easily available and using them does not require much hassle.
- Jamun Seeds: Jamun seeds have anti-diabetes qualities. Dried and ground jamun seeds can be had, twice, daily mixed along with water. A diabetic person can also chew jamun leaves to control diabetes.
- Bitter Melon or Karela: Karela is a vegetable rich in plant insulin-polypeptide-p. The extract of the vegetable can be consumed daily to reduce blood sugar level. The Karela juice needs to be drunk, twice to thrice per day for better benefits.
- Neem: When it comes to Unani or Ayurvedic medications, Neem tops the list. One can grind around 50 grams of neem and then soak the paste in 100 ml of water. After keeping it overnight the solution needs to be strained and drunk. Neem extract not only administers blood-sugar level, it also purifies the body. Add neem to your diet and get rid of numerous ailments.
- Cotton Seeds: Cotton seeds contain antioxidants, which are the foremost components to fight diabetes. 2 grams of cotton seeds need to be boiled in 1000 ml of water and the process should be continued until the water level comes down to 300 ml. After this, you need to strain the solution and drink the extract at least twice a day.
- Falsa Berry: It is another natural product that regulates diabetes. Take 10 grams of Falsa berry and soak it in water. Leave it overnight. In the morning strain the solution and drink the extract on an empty stomach for the best results.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
If a guy gets a blow job are there any chances of getting infection? Can a recipient of oral can get infections?
Hypertension is one of the most common diseases of the modern days. About 33% urban and 25% rural Indians are hypertensive. Of these, 25% rural and 42% urban Indians are aware of their hypertensive status. Hypertension is termed as a Silent Killer of modern days. 90% of the cases have no symptom of Hypertension and hence are unaware of the ailment.
Uncontrolled high blood pressure can lead to complications including:
- Heart attack or stroke.
- Aneurysm. (Weakening of the artery)
- Heart failure.
- Weakened and narrowed blood vessels in your kidneys.
- Thickened, narrowed or torn blood vessels in the eyes.
- Metabolic syndrome.
- Trouble with memory or understanding.
- Dementia. (Memory loss)
Hypertension gradually damages the blood vessels and in a span of 8 to 10 years, the damage done becomes irreversible, increasing the chances of Heart Failure by 50%, Stroke by 40% and Heart attack (Myocardial Infarction) by 20-25%.
Adding up the misery are other 3 factors that are common in today's lifestyle. Namely,
Management of Hypertension at Home:
- Losing Weight: Losing 1Kg of weight will reduce the blood pressure approximately ≈ 5mmHg.
- Diet: Cut down on Salt, Take Low-fat dairy products, Whole grain food, Fish, Olive oil.
- Say No to Red-Meat
- Increase your Physical Activity: Exercise for 5 days a week, 30 minutes a day.
- Quit/Reduce Alcohol and Smoking.
- High Potassium food: Table salt contains Sodium[Na] and Chlorine[Cl]. Sodium is a Vasoconstrictor (Constricts the blood vessels) hence it increases the Arterial pressure. Reducing Sodium and increasing Potassium intake will help reduce Blood pressure. Potassium-rich foods are:
I have vitamin D deficiency and hypothyroid too so can I eat milk products or not. I took thyroxine for about 1 year becoz I got TSH level of 7.5 but I stopped taking medication for about 10 days cause from last year to now I have grown up to 3 kg more .Can I stop like this or I should take medication please tell me?
Hi sir or madam, I had sex with my bf actually he just rubbed his penis into my vagina and my vagina is So wet at that time but he didn't release any sperm at that time he told that to me after 10 days of that work I got a period today it completed 32 days still i am not getting period is there any possibility to get pregnancy now please help me to avoid that pregnancy and tell me some home remedies to avoid this pregnancy and give me some suggestions to clarify this except test.
A condition when tiny outgrowths are formed in the gastrointestinal region or anus is known as piles. Anybody can suffer from this painful disorder as such a condition arises only if an individual follows unhealthy daily food habits, faulty lifestyle or if he or she has constipation. Excessive stress is also another factor for the occurrence of piles. A person can experience intolerable pain due to piles, especially at the time of the passing of stool.
Though people do not consider piles to be a severe health issue, those who suffer from this condition knows how difficult it is to withstand such pain and irritation. Unani treatment or Unani medicines are highly beneficial in treating and dealing with piles. It is natural, cost- effective and also with no side- effects.
Piles treatment with Unani medicines
Effective paste for external application: One of the most effective and natural remedies is by preparing a mixture of catechu and soap nut. For trying this treatment, you need to grind equal amounts of soap nut or reetha and catechu for forming a powder. Just half gram of this natural powder needs to be applied on piles. Similarly, another paste is also helpful in the treatment of piles which has to be prepared by grinding hemp or bhang leaves, and Persian Lilac or Bakain leaves. After this, the appropriately mixed paste must be applied for providing quick relief from such intolerable pain. This particular medicine of Unani treatment is known to give extensive relief to people who are suffering from piles.
Remedy using neem leaves: The importance and significance of Neem leaves are known to almost all people. Besides other helpful features of those leaves, one more advantage of neem leaves is that they are also a part of Unani treatment for treating piles. Firstly, you need to wash nearly 200 gram of neem leaves properly and then extract juice from them. After the extraction is done, you have to boil the juice and then strain it. The next step is to mix barberry leaves' extract with the extracted neem juice. After cooling down the mixture, you need to make small sized pills. Experts advise consuming a total number of 2 pills twice each day.
Butter, camphor & galls to the rescue: Another effective means of getting rid of the pain due to piles is by applying a combined mixture of camphor, butter, and galls. For preparing this mixture, 4 gram of Mazu or galls, 12-gram butter and about 2 gram of camphor is required. The first step is to grind camphor and galls and then mix it with butter. Applying this mixture for getting relief from piles is actually beneficial.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!