Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. AhmedYour feedback matters!
Hello Mere gale me 2 mahine se kuchh sujan type ka or kuchh JM gya ho aisa mehsus HOTA hai but khane pine me koi dikkat nhi h bus thuk nigalte waqt mehsus HOTA h please help me ABI TK koi ilaz nhi liya h maune.
When I record my voice and listen to that so It Sounds as I am speaking through my nose and it really pisses me off. I can't speak clearly and many words stuck im mouth pls let me how can I get over on this and I have nasal allergy problem as well.
Hi my nose is always blocked due to which I am facing breathing problem specially in night I had a ct pns it says All paranasal sinuses are clear. Thickened inferior turbinate seen in the right nasal cavity could be a spectrum of nasal cycle. Mild deviation of nasal septum towards right side is observed. Doctor says I should go for surgery or laser Can it be cured by any medicines,
I have one lump or node from last 1 year in left side of my neck below ear. It was paining first time but after 1 weeks its not paining and I consult a doc and take his medicine which reduces the size but it never gone. I was thinking it was normal n I ignored it. Its size is very small n painless n no scar is in there. But now 1 very more small lump obtain behind it. Please help me. I am very scared. I am 17 year old.
Helo I am not feeling well. Sore throat, body pain, fever, unusual feeling during urination like heaviness in lower abdomen, little pain during intercourse, and sometimes mild pain on sides and back.
Sinuses are cavities in our skull behind the nose which spread out in a pattern. These cavities are lined with tissues and mucosal membranes and are essential for our breathing process. Sinusitis is a condition where the tissues within the cavities become inflamed which results in the sinus cavities being blocked due to a buildup of fluid.
What are the conditions that can lead to sinusitis?
Some of the conditions that can cause nasal polyps are explained as follows:
- Nasal polyps are small growths of tissue within the lining of the nose which may block the sinuses, resulting in sinusitis.
- Common cold is also a culprit which may result in sinusitis
- If your septum or the bridge between the holes of the nose is deviated (this condition is referred to as a deviated septum), you may be prone to developing sinusitis.
- The lining of the nose may swell in a condition known as allergic rhinitis and cause sinusitis as well.
Types of sinusitis
There are multiple types of sinusitis which may affect people and also on how long they last. The various types of sinusitis are explained below:
- Acute sinusitis: This is the most common form of sinusitis that lasts usually between 2 to 4 weeks. It starts with a cold, blocked nose and turns into facial pain that usually starts very suddenly.
- Chronic sinusitis: This is a form of sinus infection which can have a debilitating effect on your life and may last for 12 weeks or longer.
- Sub-acute sinusitis: This is somewhere between acute and chronic sinusitis and may last from anywhere between 4 to 12 weeks.
- Recurrent sinusitis: This form of sinus infections tend to be a variation of acute or sub-acute sinusitis which tends to occur multiple times a year.
Symptoms of sinusitis
The manifestation of the symptoms of sinusitis may be different from person to person and also on the type of sinusitis you are suffering from. However, there are some generic symptoms that are common to all forms which are mentioned as follows:
- Smelling senses may be dulled
- Facial pain
- Congestion accompanied by a cough
- Nose may be blocked, stuffy and may also be runny
- Other symptoms may also include bad breath, fatigue, or even dental pain
- Nasal cavity may have pus and it may drain from time to time
It is best to consult a doctor quickly, if you have been having any of these symptoms. The doctor can prescribe nasal decongestants and antibiotics which can help. If you have chronic or recurrent sinusitis, then more aggressive and advanced treatments may be required. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ent Specialist.