Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. AhmedYour feedback matters!
I am 34 male ,i got mostly severe runny nose during morning and during exposure to dust. I am not taking any medicine. Please guide me, thank you sir/mam.
I am feeling cough in throat for last 4.5 days and had taken some anti-biotics like azithromycin but still remained uneffected.
It's 5th day. I first got ear ache. Then I started feeling a kind of pain in throat. It's much like feel of pressing the wound of inner chick bite, with things. It's that type of feeling of pain in the right side of throat, little inside where I can't put my finger. This pain is actually causing radiating pain in ear. No soar throat, pains more while talking compared to swallowing food, no weakness. Just this pain and intern pain in ear. Highest when I get up. Any suggestion?
As in the case of most infections, the occurrence of tonsillitis is more common in children due to relatively lower immunity and habits that invite infections. Let's take a look at the first line of defence when you have a cranky child with swollen tonsils.
1. Make your child gargle with salty warm water: This treatment is most helpful in any infection in the mouth. Add half teaspoonful of salt to a glass of warm water and make the child gargle with the mixture as many times in the day as possible (to a maximum of 5 times). Continue till the condition prevails.
Make sure the child spits out the water and not drinks it.
2. Antibiotics: Consult the ent specialist and have the antibiotics if it is a bacterial cause as per the doctor. Take the alternative treatment prescribed in case of other causes. The entire course of medication should be completed even if the kid gets better sooner to eliminate all traces of bacteria.
3. Painkiller/numbing lozenges: Painkillers that are prescribed by the doctor can be given to ease the pain. Same is the case with lozenges but care should be taken that he/she should not have too many of these.
4. Allow him/her to take rest: It does help in a betterment of the condition!
5. Give warm (not hot) soothing food: Soup, ginger honey mixture, ginger tea can help soothe the inflamed tonsils in most cases. The condition, more often than not, gets better within 7-10 days.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!