Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Agnes C SelvarajYour feedback matters!
Mam I just want to know about green tea. Few days earlier I have taken green tea on regular basis but recently one of my relative told me to avoid green tea as this is not good for girls health. They warned me that if I will not stop to take this then I will face lots of troubles in future. According to them green tea is not good for girls and after some time they may be face problems in pregnancy.
Hi, as I will be travelling on my expected period start(20 days from now), and there will be hectic week ahead, I want to delay it by a week. Pl suggest something having least side effect.
Hello sir meri age 23 he y marriage date 18-02-2016 he 6 month hogaya lekin abhi tak meri wife pregnant nahi huyi he last 6 month se hum try kar rahe he but still she is not pregnant also me ovulation tank periods ke 10 se lekar 18 days beach me sex kartehe what problem I don't understand sir jab bhi me 5-6 days baad sex karta hun mera semen jaldi nagar aajatahe any problems and regular sex pe 4-5 minutes hota he I am doing gym also.
Me and my husband are planning for child from last 4 months .but I couldn't conceive. Yesterday I got periods again and my menstrual cycle is regular of 28- 30 days. please suggest me when should we copulate to conceive and should I use ovulation predictor kit? And what other things or deficiencies I can have that hinders my conception.
I'm having sex vth my bf often. It's been over 5years that we're having sex. I just wanna knw that would it be something wrong for my future about conceive I mean when I'll be pregnant or it would be harder for me to get pregnant after having that much sex. Actually we're in daily routine.?
Hello I'm 16 years and 11 months old. I started my periods at 12. I have developed very little bust size (maybe an A). I want to know if some foods or exercises can help me improve my bust size.
Im 7 month pregnant and my blood level is 9.1 gm. If my blood level will not increase there is any complication during cesarean delivery. Plzz answer.
Dear Sir, Mam, Yesterday doctor collected my wife's egg from the tubes and on the time of egg collection there is little bleeding. Doctor said its normal. I provided my semen also and doctor says come again after two days and she put these combination in the tubes for final IVF process. Its harmful or not because my wife feeling pain in that area.
Hi sir I am married first night with my wife she wasn't bleeding let me me now she's virgin or not please answer me.
I suffered from TB 15 years back & that got cured after 9 month course of medicine. Now I am 30 and trying for pregnancy from the last 4-5 months. My follicular study was normal. Is that TB treatment (which was done 15 years back) is creating problem in conceiving?
Adhesive capsulitis: an overview
If you are taken aback by the very mention of this condition, you must know this is something you face every now and then. The problem is not too serious until it persists and hence people do not bother to look up terrifying medical terms for the case. Adhesive capsulitis or frozen shoulder is a condition that could arise from a host of reasons. It is usually characterized by a marked stiffness in and around the shoulder blade felt either in the middle of the night, early in the morning or while trying to move a hand close to the end of its reach. Frozen shoulder might become a chronic problem in which case remedying it takes a minimum of one or two years.
Factors leading to Adhesive capsulitis
- This condition is prevalent amongst patients of diabetes.
- Lack of movement of a limb, either of the two hands, due to a fracture or a surgery can result in the same.
- Adhesive capsulitis occurs when the capsule of connective tissues ensconcing the ligaments and bones of your shoulder joint tightens around them hindering free and easy movement.
How is Adhesive Capsulitis Treated?
There are various treatments for adhesive capsulitis. Even though the condition usually gets better on its own, improvement can take two to three years. Over 90% of patients improve with non-surgical treatments, including the following:
- Physical therapy
- Corticosteroid injections
- Anti-inflammatory medications
Surgery can be performed for patients who see no improvement after non-surgical measures are taken.
How is subacromial bursitis different from Adhesive capsulitis?
While a frozen shoulder affects your entire shoulder area, subacromial bursitis affects a single point in the shoulder blade. The topmost boney part of the shoulder blade is referred to as the acromion. The acromion is placed above the ball- and- socket joint without touching the bones directly. The subacromial bursa is a soft cushion like thing that prohibits friction between the muscles or tendons of the shoulder joint and the acromion. An irritable subacromial bursa is referred to as subacromial bursitis.
How is Subacromial Bursitis Treated?
Subacromial Bursitis can be treated in a number of ways, including:
- Avoiding activities that aggravate the problem
- Resting the injured area
- Icing the area the day of the injury
- Taking over-the-counter anti-inflammatory medicines
- What do you mean by rotator cuff tear?
Rotator cuff is a group of tendons and muscles located on top of the upper arm bone or humerus. The cuff helps to hold your arm in place allowing easy movement. Acute stress or physical exertion can lead to muscle cramps or might even make the tendons tear apart. Tennis players, swimmers, or people lifting heavy weights are prone to Rotator Cuff Tear. This condition leads to excruciating pain and tenderness in your shoulder blade.
What's the Treatment for a Rotator Cuff Tear?
As bad as these injuries can be, the good news is that many rotator cuff tears heal on their own. You just need to give them a little time. You also should:
- Rest the joint as much as possible. Avoid any movement or activity that hurts. You may need a sling.
- Ice your shoulder two to three times a day to reduce pain and swelling.
- Perform range-of-motion exercises, if your doctor recommends them.
- Consider physical therapy to strengthen the joint.
- Use anti-inflammatory painkillers, or NSAIDS, like Advil, Aleve, or Motrin.
More serious rotator cuff tears require surgery. One procedure is shoulder arthroscopy, usually an outpatient procedure.
Pain in the joint is an eventuality that only few can escape. It is an ailment that comes with age and promises to stay despite continued attempts at eradicating it. Being a problem that many are battling, it has provoked attempts at treating it. Various disciplines of medicines have tried in their own ways in dealing with this problem, but Ayurveda with its strict reliance on natural products and aversion to chemicals has been most preferred.
The various ways by which Ayurveda treats joint pains are:
- Massage: Ayurveda focuses on massages as a remedial measure. Using few herbal oils and using them to massage regularly on the affected joints has been an accepted remedy for joint pains. A massage promotes blood circulation and creates a calming effect.
- Hot and cold compresses: The effectiveness of this form of treatment has remained prevalent through generations. Extremely convenient and easy to use, you can use hot and cold compresses alternatively to ease the pain.
- Fenugreek: Fenugreek seeds have a long standing reputation of relieving you of pain. Boasting of antioxidant properties and the ability to reduce swelling, they must be finely grounded and swallowed with lukewarm water to enjoy best results.
- Turmeric: In the hierarchy of Ayurvedic medications, turmeric probably ranks the highest. It is packed with multiple benefits. Not only does it take care of the skin, it also helps in reducing joint pains. The most common way of having it is by mixing turmeric in a glass of warm milk and honey.
- Apple cider vinegar: Apple cider vinegar reduces joint pains by effectively eliminating the accumulated toxins. It is rich in magnesium and phosphorus and owing to its alkalizing effect, it has the ability to cure rheumatism.