Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Agnes C SelvarajYour feedback matters!
My daughter is38 years old and doctor also. She is unmarried and working as MO incharges of hospital. The employees under her used to come twice a week before her. She goes daily so they does not co-operate her. Due to stress she is not having periods in time.
I am 34 weeks pregnant women. Want to know abt delivery status. Through Sonography report. Kindly pl help.
I just missed my periods in january and still 'im waiting for it. My so many friends told me to eat iron tablets ,chukandar, papaya. And recently I just lost 2 kilogram weight ,but i'm gaining some fat on my stomach. And the most important thing is I don't have any kind of sexual contact with any one. And from 2 years i'm getting some cough problems but according to my report it is normal but I don't thing so. My blood group is o and my mom is patient of thyroid and she had some ovary problem also. So I don't know what to do with MY PERIOD PROBLEMS KINDLY SUGGEST ME FOR IT please. And also suggest me that should I go for thyroid checkup.
Hello mam, Week 4 preg confirmed on aug 28th 2015 On sep11 th, 2015 (6weeks) Oct 16th 2015 (11 week) Dec 18th 2915 (20weeks) Feb 17th 2016 (27 weeks) March 7 th (33weeks) Delivered a baby on april 2016 (36 to 37weeks duration) Pls let me know who is father for my baby did the new guy dna? Or my husbands. I was with my husband for the hole month of august n only on sep 4th 2015, this incident happened. Pls let me know im confused.
Sir please tell me what I eat. I am pregnant for two months please me diet diet plan for pregnant women.
I am 22 yrs old.Last two days are stomach paining and white colour is bleeding in urinal area and this two days are my hip is paining. And my last sum date is 11.
Persistence of pain even after full healing of an affected area after injury or ailment is known as chronic pain. Chronic pain can also occur due to an undiagnosed underlying condition within the body. Any form of pain which lasts for more than 6 months can be categorized as chronic pain. Chronic pain might be continuous or episodic, excruciating or mild, totally incapacitating or merely inconvenient.
Symptoms of Chronic Pain include:
1. Light to severe pain that keeps occurring from time to time and cannot be relieved easily.
2. Occurrence of pain that can be described as burning, shooting, aching or even, electrical.
3. Constant feelings of discomfort. This includes stiffness, tightness or soreness in the affected area.
Chronic pain usually does not occur alone and is often accompanied by other problems such as:
1. Lack of sleep
3. Weakened Immune System
5. Mood Swings that include depression, fear, hopelessness, anxiety, stress, irritability, etc.
Reasons behind it
There are a number of different factors that can cause chronic pain. Some of them are:
- Aging: Common conditions associated with normal aging can have an effect on joints and bones, giving rise to chronic pain.
- Incorrect treatment and improper healing: Bad diagnosis or incorrect medications or procedures may cause improper healing of injuries as well as damage to nerves leading to chronic pain.
- Underlying disorders or diseases: Diseases are also capable of causing chronic pain. Conditions like osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalgia are some well-known diseases that cause chronic pain. However, persistent and chronic pain might occur due to sicknesses like multiple sclerosis, cancer, AIDS, stomach ulcers as well as gallbladder disease.
In most of the cases, the reasons behind chronic pain can be rather complex. Sometimes, even though the chronic pain begins with an illness or an injury, the ongoing pain is capable of developing into a psychological aspect even after the physical issues have been healed, thus making treatment tricky.
Chronic pain is usually managed using a combination of physical therapy, medications and exercises, which helps in reducing the pain. Examples of pain relieving medications include ibuprofen and aspirin. Day-to-day activities can be performed only if this pain is adequately controlled. Additional techniques include:
- Radiofrequency Ablation (RFA): The target of this technique to address the nerves that are responsible for sending pain signals to the brain. This is achieved by placing the heated tip of a needle in a region which is extremely close to the nerve. The heat renders the nerve incapable of sending the pain signal.
- Pain Shots: This is used to deliver medications to the exact site of the pain. Nerve blockers are also used to block signals from reaching the brain.
- Alternative approach: These include acupuncture, massages and yoga along with other treatments from alternative medicine.