Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Agam KumarYour feedback matters!
My papa is suffering from back pain from last 3 years. They have consulted with many doctors and all have given there own opinion. The pain occurs at very bottom of back bone. Tell me some home made remedies which could reduce pain. Or give some medical ways to reduce pain. thanks.
I think my spinal bone rubs together. If I do some exercise where I turn around like that I can hear some rubbing noise, I can feel it. What should I do. Thank You.
I feel pain in my right knee at slight right side. My age is 31. I walk a lot. Does walking causes knee pain. My X-ray report is normal. It pains more while sitting or standing.
We had done few marks and x-ray scans and after consulting few doctors, they said she is having a lesion in the dorsal spine, due to which there is an acute/chronic pain in the lower back which radiates till the leg, because of that she is not able to walk and sit properly as the pain persist in pelvic area as well. We had consulted some 2 months back in october 2016 to Dr. B.S. Singhal (Neurologist) and he gave some medications (shelcal 250 and Gabapin 300) after seeing blood test and mri reports, but that too is not helping at all in cure or relaxing the pain as per his prescribed period of 3 months medication to be undertaken. The pain started from 2012 and we went through several medications, but that also didn't help as well. Please advise or suggest some treatment as she is not able to bear the pain,
I am suffering from cervical pain from last few days what should I do to get rid off from this problem.
I have back pain. When I sit that time I feel pain. But when I was walking or sleeping that times I did not feel that kind of pain so please help me what can I do?
My friend having a continuous back pain for last few months and she is quite healthy as well.She had a survical as well.She had a asthma problem as well.Please recommend some exercise or else to live smooth life. Regards,
Having Arthritis for last one year.Taken Allopathic Ayurvedic and now taking Homeopathic for last 7 months . No relief Presently problem confined to hand and fingers.
Hi I am 25 year of age having pain in neck and back. sometime head ache also. Eyes sometime become blurred. Is this due to weak eyes. Plzz tell me the symptoms of weak eyes.
I am 23 years old and I am suffering from backache and I used several pain killer but still it persists so what should I do?
I am suffering from extreme neck pains. I consulted a doctor and he said my muscles are weak. How can it be cured by natural ways?
I have been having a serious sharp pain in my right hip whenever I sit on a hard chair or something.
Iwas taking glycomet gp2 forte 2 tabs and one galvus 50/500 and my sugar was controlled fasting under 100 then my doctor switched to trivolib 2 instead of glycomet gp2 forte, and Zetin m instead of galvus 50/500 then my sugar levels shot to 200. Now the doctor has switched back to the old but still taking time. I am 60 years male Suggest.
Dear Doctor I am 13 years old. From past 4 months I am getting irritation in my shoulders. So,I am Pushing it up after every 10-20 seconds. Pls can you tell me what is the problem. Thanks.
Last nyt I didn't sleep well turning ryt side to left side in the midnight. At that tym I slept at left side some how on my hand placing below the ribs. Nd whole night my ribs r bend slightly b'coz of that my ribs started paining front side nd my backside of my ribs frm 3days. I applied some oil nd medicine tablets but it no use of it so Dr. please tell me how cure my ribs pain.
I am 29 years old male and I am having back pain since more than a year what should I take precaution to reduce the pain? Please advise.
Arthritis is an autoimmune disorder wherein, the immune system of the body attacks healthy tissues within the various joints of the body. This causes inflammation of the joints, leading to multiple problems in them. One common issue with all the problems is pain. Thus, managing pain with rheumatoid arthritis is one of the most important facets of the treatment. More than the deformities or other problems, it is the pain that limits your capabilities. Some techniques for the management of pain are mentioned below.
- Pain medication: This is the obvious and first choice to avail if you need to reduce pain. There are many types and levels of pain medications which can range anywhere from being mild to very strong. However, this isn’t an option that should be considered lightly as you may have a tendency to develop a dependency which can border on addiction. Also, many of them harm the hepatic and renal system of the body if used beyond a certain period. Thus it is advisable to use this prudently.
- Weight management: In many cases, the pain is exacerbated by obesity. It has been noticed that obese or overweight people tend to suffer more from arthritis pain as the added weight tends to add pressure on the joints. Thus, one of the best ways to reduce a significant amount of pain would be to reduce weight through dieting and limited exercises that don’t strain the joints. However, it is easier said than done as a person in pain cannot usually exercise! So, the best strategy is to visit a pain specialist / interventional pain physician and get your pain controlled. Thereafter, start the exercises and reduce the weight effectively.
- Medication for inflammation: Inflammation of the joints is the primary symptom of this disorder. Inflammation is also what causes the pain within the joints. Thus, treating the inflammation with relevant medication has also been known to reduce pain. This is usually the first option to go to for relieving arthritis pain. The catch point here is also the side effect profile of these drugs.
- Changes in Diet: A few type of foods, especially certain fish found in colder waters are a rich source of omega-3 fatty acids, which are very good at reducing inflammation within the joints. There are also certain food items which may be bad for your arthritis pain as they may aggravate inflammation and it is better to avoid such items altogether. Some examples of such items would be sugar, alcohol, white flour, processed meats, gluten rich foods among others.
- Massages: Whether it is a self-massage or from a therapist, it is a great way to encourage circulation which can help reduce inflammation and work as a pain reliever. A therapist would also know certain specific techniques to relieve arthritis pain. However, most of the times, improper massage shall do more harm than good.
- Interventional Pain Procedures: These may often be the most cost effective and usually the only option to reduce pain. These include joint injections, neurotomies, radio frequency therapy, laser therapy, ozone therapy, platelet rich plasma or anti-inflammatory injections.
- Other therapies: Some other therapies include heat and cold compress, acupuncture, wearing supportive wears and braces among others to encourage circulation and reduce pain. Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation also helps to relieve pain by stimulating the affected nerves in the joints with the help of a low voltage electric current. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pain management specialist.