Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Aftab Ahmed
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Aftab AhmedYour feedback matters!
My daughter is 14 years but her completion is dark. How to make her skin fair with home remedies. She uses Vaseline Aloe Vera lotion.
If a person has heag nonreactive hap be anti bodies mildly reactive is he contigouse for hap b and viral load is 543 iu/ml my father is just diagnosed I am worried if I am contaminated as I am breast feeding.
My 4 year old daughter has suffered with severe chronic constipation since birth. When she was born she was admitted in the neonatal for 9 days due to abdominal distention, feed intolerance, suspected sepsis, vomiting bright green bile and Meconium Ileus. She did not pass her meconium for 33 hours and it was passed due to a paediatrician giving her a suppository. It's now getting worse as she is getting older. She suffers with abdominal distention, leakages, agonising pain, passing a lot of gas and cannot walk sometimes due to the pain. She has been on 5 different laxatives (lactulose, movicol, docusate, sodium picosulfate and sennakot) now of them have worked and she has also had 2 enemas that did not work also. She has had a biopsy done for Hirschsprung's disease and it came back normal and all her bloods are normal as well. She is missing a lot of school due to this and her doctors don't seem to think it's serious but after all the medication she's had I think differently. She used to pass a stool and get some relief for a few weeks now it's just days till the pain starts all over again like she isn't getting any relief at all anymore. It can be 3 weeks before she passes a stool. I've done some research and seen that meconium ileus can be related to cystic fibrosis and I've seen that you can have it in the digestive system also. Could this be a possibility for her?
My new born baby 21 days old. For last 2 or 3 days he is crying whenever gets breastfeeding and it seems he stomach is very tight and does potty. Is it normal or should is consult with child specialist. He is crying a lot. Please suggest.
My son got an episode of febrile seizure (30sec to 1 min duration) at 18 months. Later, the doctor advised for immediate fever medication and tepid sponging whenever he develops fever. Now, at 21 months, we took him to the hospital because of fever again (no seizure), doctor adviced to give him frisium also whenever he develops fever. Frisium 5m bad as divided doses. I want to know if there are any side effects for frisium and will it effect the extremely active nature of my son.(read online). Also, do febrile seizures cause any permanent problem and will he become more prone to epilepsy later in life? kindly help!
My daughter has around 2 years (1 year 10 months). She is suffering from loose motions. Can you please suggest syrup or medicine.
I m 27 years old my baby girl 4 months old actually I am allergic, earlier when I was feeding my baby she's fine even after delivery I ws also fine from. My allergy but now itz again started and my baby also having cough inside what should I do she's not taking bottle milk want my milk only what to do, any medicine for her cough problem I can listen when she's breathing and any substitute of my milk her 5th month started.
My 3 month baby till recently used to poop at least 3 times per day. But from past 15 days he poops once in 4-5 days. He becomes extremely cranky n does not sleep properly during that time. He is only on BM. Please help.
Sexual abuse of children may sound very scary and degrading, but the truth is it is a very prevalent problem. As much we may not want to believe, the number of boys and girls who are sexually abused, and that too by close family and friends is very high. This may be difficult to digest, but is the truth. The sexual abuse in male and female children is 50% in each group which is again unbelievable but true.
What is considered child sexual abuse?
Child sexual abuse includes touching and non-touching activity. Some examples of touching activity include:
- touching a child's genitals or private parts for sexual pleasure.
- making a child touch someone else's genitals, play sexual games or have sex putting objects or body parts (like fingers, tongue or penis) inside the vagina, in the mouth or in the anus of a child for sexual pleasure.
The thing to ponder, however, is that people who abuse children have a deeper problem. This could be due to a combination of social and psychological issues that the person is facing. Often helping identify the underlying problem could be a solution to the problem too, but this is rarely done. If you think a child could be subjected to abuse, look out for the following symptoms.
- A feeling of guilt or shame.
- Irritability and anger with minimal reasons.
- Mood swings, often uncommon in children.
- Feeling very isolated and sad.
- Very anxious and angry.
- Symptoms of withdrawal, not wanting to be left alone.
- Fatigue and pain in the back, legs.
- Loss of appetite, energy.
- Bruises (look out for these, which may not be in visible areas).
How to handle?
Given the fact that the offender is in close family and/or friends circle, the suspicion levels are quite low.
- The first step, therefore, is to open up and talk with either your parents or someone close.
- Look for support groups which can be very helpful.
- Do not be isolated though the urge is very strong.
- Build a daily schedule to ensure your routine continues (studies, work, etc.).
- Focus on exercise or other passions as they help you deviate your mind.
- Be sure to not be alone with the offender, stay in a group.
- Give out a strong message saying it is not acceptable, and do not keep quiet.
Homoeopathy can come rescue of the offender all well as the victim. If we see according to the point of view of who committed the crime, many reasons may come to the light and we can be treated accordingly. Usually, these criminals have a very painful and sad childhood. This could lead them to commit a crime like child abuse.
The following are the medicines to treat such people with anti-social behaviour-
- Nux V.
There are certain homoeopathic medicines which are helpful in the treatment of children who are victimized. The most common symptom is nightmares.
For treatment for actual physical and mental symptoms of the victim child, following homoeopathic medicines may help:
- Nat. mur.
Homeopathy is a safe and effective way to treat the victims as well as the culprits of sexual abuse. It focuses on the way patients have reacted to events and the personality of the patient. It helps to bring complete harmony of physical, mental and social well being.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
If you are experiencing a whizzing sound while you breathe or having difficulty in breathing, you are suffering from asthma. It is a medical condition characterized by paroxysmal wheezing respiration dyspnoea. There is no definite way to prevent asthma, but by following a step-by-step daily plan, you can prevent asthma attacks or keep them in check. Here are some important measures to follow to prevent asthma:
- You need to strictly follow your asthma action plan. The plan should be laid down after a detailed discussion with a doctor or healthcare team. All the medicines you require to prevent the asthma attacks will be written down for you.
- You should get vaccinated for pneumonia and influenza. This will prevent these conditions from triggering asthma attacks or flare-ups.
- You need to identify the asthma triggers and stay away from them. Several outdoors irritants and allergens from pollen to cold air can trigger asthma attacks.
- You have to monitor your breathing. By recognising the warning signs of an attack like wheezing, slight coughing or shortness of breath, you can prevent an asthma attack. You need to measure and record your peak airflow regularly using a home peak flow meter.
- By acting quickly, you can identify a fatal attack and prevent it from occurring. When the peak flow measurement decreases, you need to take your medicines immediately and abstain from any activity which may have triggered the attack.
- You need to keep taking your prescribed medicines, even if your asthma symptoms have improved. You should not change your medication schedule without consulting a doctor. It is recommended that you to bring along the medicines you take at your doctor’s appointment as he will be able to tell whether you are taking them right.
- If you use your quick relief inhaler a lot, the asthma is not under control. You need to visit your doctor as soon as possible and he/she will make some modifications to your treatment.
- For prevention of asthma, you should use allergy proof pillow covers and mattresses. You must wash your bedding every week in hot water to eliminate dust mites. You may use a dehumidifier for reducing excess moisture to prevent mold.
- Do not allow your pets in the bedroom and on the furniture. Pet dander is a common trigger of asthma and it cannot be avoided by people who own pets.
- You can also fit an air filtration system in your home. It will help in the elimination of asthma triggers such as pollen, dust mites and other allergens.
Many doctors suggest immunotherapy for asthma prevention in the form of allergy shots. Immunotherapy aims at altering a person’s immune response by making it less sensitive to asthma triggers.