Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Aftab AhmedYour feedback matters!
My daughter aged 16 years has been suffering from Idiopathic Urticaria from the age of 3 years. She currently takes levocetirizine 5 mg when skin itching starts. The effect of the medicine remains for 2 days and again it reoccurs. Like to know the cause and the treatment. Also mention that she undergoes periodic de-worming. We tested with different foods to understand the cause like eggs, brinjal and others but no caused could be ascertained.
Need a diet list for 15 year old boy. The list should be of north indian food and it should be routine Monday -friday.
Diarrhea is a disorder that affects people of all age groups. Medically speaking, Diarrhea is a mechanism that the body uses to eliminate germs from the body. Usually this disorder lasts for a few days to a week. It is usually accompanied by nausea, fever and dehydration.
Children can be affected by diarrhea in a number of ways, some of them are:
- Infections: Various infections, such as the ones caused by rotavirus and salmonella bacteria can lead to diarrhea. Usually diarrhea in children is caused by viruses; if it is viral in nature, then it can also cause stomach cramps, headache and vomiting. It also leads to loss of fluid from the body. Hence, the child's fluid intake should be compensated accordingly. Usually oral rehydration solution that contains nutrient such as potassium and sodium are preferred.
- Medications: Intake of certain medications, such as antibiotics and laxatives can cause diarrhea in children. If the cause is due to antibiotic intake, then you should consult a doctor. The doctor may alter the dosage or ask to increase the child's water intake. Yoghurt may also help ease the symptoms of diarrhea if it is caused by antibiotics.
- Food poisoning: Diarrhea may also result from food poisoning; symptoms of this type usually disappear quickly. Along with loose and watery stools, the child may vomit frequently.
The major complication that results from diarrhea is dehydration. Severe dehydration may lead to severe brain damage and seizures. It may also cause symptoms of dry mouth, fatigue, dizziness and dark yellow urine.
Certain preventive measures are:
- Use your good judgment while eating outside. Do not consume food from places which use unhygienic modes of preparation.
- Make sure your child does not drink contaminated water and there is access to clean and filtered water all the time.
- Your child should be eating a balanced diet that primarily consists of vegetable and fruits. They also help in adding fiber to the diet that keeps your bowels healthy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Hi my son is almost 6 yrs old and has been suffering from fever on and off for the last 2 and half months. We took all tests including urine test, blood test, chest x ray, ultrasound on the abdomen. All tests were normal but the blood test alone showed that crp count was raising every time the test was taken. He has been on antibiotics (amoxicillin, pencilin, augmentin, pencilin iv) for the last 2 months and still falling sick almost every alternate week. While the doctors say there is some infection that is causing the crp count to increase they are not able to say what is causing it. Should I be worried? should I take him for a full medical checkup for thorough examination? please note that for the last 2 months they were diagnosing as tonsillitis, viral infection, bladder infection, possible pneumonia but nothing came out positive in the tests. He does complain of eye irritation and pain in testicles sometimes. Please provide your insights.
My six year old daughter occasionally suffers from cold and cough. I want to give her something to boost her immunity. Kindly please give me direction as of which homeopathy medicine should I give her and will it be for lifelong?
My son is 7 years old. He has one problem wo sota (sleeping) bhot kam karta hai aur khelta jyada hai aur sulane par rota hai. Uska weight 9 kg hai. Humne use doctor ko dikha kar sleeping drops bhi diye par kuch fark nahi pada pls aap koi upaye bataye jise wo jyada soye.
Hi My Daughter is 2 years old she got full rash kind of thing around her head like above the forehead, behind her ears and above the neck wt is the natural way to get rid of that. She feels more itching.
I feed my baby for over 3 years as she didn't took other milk products. Now am 31 and my breasts were sagged please recommend any good remedy without side effects.
My newborn boy baby 7 days old. Sometimes his breath is too strong and fast. I could feel his stomach go up and down fast and strong sometimes. Though its not continuous it happens often. Is this something I need to be worried about.
My baby is 5 and half months old. Her eyes are reddish color. Her weight also decreasing day by day.
Toothpicks can be an alternative to use for flossing if dental floss is not available. Remember not to be too harsh while using it.
My daughter who is 2 years and 8 months is suffering from boiled watery pimples which r getting burst n becoming black again new r starting, she is also feelings itching. She had the same problem earlier also twice I had given her azithromycin 200 on doctors prescription, so now also from 3 days I have been going the same syrup but she is not recovering pls suggest what to do.
Hello Dr. My baby is 8months old. Can we give every home made item to her like (rajma, change, chapati, cheese, besan)?
Hi want to increase my lactation I am already taking methi water everyday morning. My baby is 2 months and I supplement her with enfamil.
Meri sister ko 30 days pahle baby hui per ab usse dudh nahi nikal raha hai bahut pain ho raha hai please help koi upay bataye. Thanks.
A baby should be breastfeed for at least the first few months after birth. Breastfeeding has a number of benefits for both the mother and child. Apart from being the best source of nutrition for the baby, it also helps the mother and child bond.
Here are a few benefits of breastfeeding your baby.
- Nutrition: No formula can be compared to the nutrition provided by a mother’s milk. The first milk produced by a mother’s breasts is known as colostrum which is rich in antibodies and proteins. Breast milk is made up of the perfect mix of proteins, vitamins and essential fats. It is also easier to digest as compared to formula feeds.
- Immunity boost: A mother’s milk is rich in antibodies and helps strengthen the newborn child’s immunity. These antibodies also help lower the baby’s risk of developing asthma or allergies later in life. Babies that are breastfed are also said to have a lower risk of suffering from ear infections, respiratory problems and diarrhoea. It also plays an important role in lowering chances of sudden infant death syndrome. Breastfeeding is also said to protect babies from certain types of cancer in infancy and later stages,
- Bonding: While being breastfed, a baby is held close to the mother and has skin to skin contact. This makes the baby feel secure and helps him or her to bond with the mother. For the mother, this process can also help fight postpartum depression and help reconnect with the baby.
- Healthy weight: Babies who are breastfed are said to be less likely to develop obesity. This is because breast milk has lower levels of insulin as compared to formula and babies who are breastfed have higher level of appetite and fat regulating hormone called leptin. As they grow, these babies put on a healthy amount of weight, but refrain from overeating and have healthier eating patterns. This helps maintain a healthy BMI and prevents diseases like diabetes etc.
- Boosts intelligence: Studies show that babies who were breastfed for the first six months have a higher IQ than those who were not. Thus, breastfeeding is said to play a significant role in cognitive development. There are two main reasons for this. Firstly, breast milk is said to fatty acids that are not available in formulas, Secondly, the emotional bonding between mother and child is also said to contribute towards boosting IQ levels.
Coughing during the night can really wreak havoc for your sleep and cause inexplicable discomfort in the throat and chest region. Thankfully, you can manage it by soothing your tickling throat as well as sensitive airways before you go to bed at night.
- Drink herbal tea: A mugful of non-caffeinated tea mixed with a teaspoon of honey before going to bed can help you to a considerable extent. This is because any warm liquid has the power to break down the formation of mucus in the throat region and with a bit of honey, the herbal tea becomes even more powerful.
- Try to sleep in an inclining position: Gravity is your greatest enemy while combating night-time cough. When you lie down flat on your back at night, all the mucus and dust particles, which you have swallowed all through the day, would accumulate in the throat area and aggravate it making more cough. But you can easily defy gravitational force by piling up some pillows and prop yourself on them while sleeping. You may also keep a wooden block of 4 inches height under your head, which would keep the acids in the stomach so that they don’t come up to irritate your throat.
- Make sure you use the steam cautiously: When your airways are dry, it can make you cough harder. Therefore, you may find relief if you take a warm shower or a bath before going to bed. But you have to be sure that you don’t have asthma as steam can prove harmful for you.
- Check the level of humidity: Humidifiers are known to soothe the problem of persistent coughing when the surrounding air is dry. But too much of moisture during the night can also make you cough. This is because dust mites, mold and other allergens thrive well in the damp air and they could conspire to make your cough even worse. So, pick up a cheap hygrometer from a hardware store and see that the humidity level stays within 40 to 50 percent.
- Equip yourself at night: Keep all the things from drops to water to cough syrup or anything that soothes coughing at your bedside so that you can help yourself in case you wake up in the middle of the night and start coughing.
By following these few tips every day, you can manage the night time cough and have a good night’s sleep without any interruptions. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.