Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Aditya SubrahamanyamYour feedback matters!
I am having body ache every day once I get up in the morning. Is it a lot of Gas inside the body and I want to know what are the other reasons could be.
Please prescribe the medicines for increasing libido for me and my wife. We have less libido due to mental effects such as performance anxiety and stress of sexual activity. So please prescribe those medicines (ayurvedic or allopathic or others) which have both effect i.e calm the mind. And positive effects in sex life.
Hello, my father age is 56 year old. He is suffering from acidity since many years . Now he is suffering from food swallowing difficulty. He can swallow liquid items easily. But he used to take water while swallowing chappati and other item that that can chew .earlier he ate 4 chappati. But now he ate 3 only. please suggest me something good. I am too much worried.
My memory is deteriorating. Pls suggest me effective solution as soon as possible so I can concentrate for my final exam.
I have Stomach ulcer Also called peptic ulcer and it is 5 or 6 years old. I have using the medicine tab panics d and autos syrup and livitrol and rab d. But I think this medicine is not beneficial for me please suggest me what I do for ulcer.
Hi doctor. If despite of taking regular anti-depressants, pain in the temples persist, even after increasing/decreasing the dosage or trying other medicines, what is the other possible solution besides visiting a psychiatrist. Regards.
I am suffering from headache & body pain. Which type of disease is this. Prescribe any medicine for it.
Each and every person on this planet has to deal with the loss of a loved one at some point of their life or the other. It is an undeniable and unavoidable part of the human existence. However, at times, the grief can affect the person so much that their psychological, emotional and physical health may be affected. Their normal day- to-day functioning may be affected as a result of their extreme reaction to the loss of their loved one. In such a case it is ideal to seek treatment from a certified medical professional such as a counselor or psychologist. If the condition is even more serious and the patient requires help to treat him or her, then it is advisable to go to a psychiatrist.
However, the following tips commonly given by mental health professionals may help to deal with such a loss:
- Accepting one's emotion: Sometimes an individual may remain in denial about the loss of the loved one or about his or her own reaction to it. This increases the negative emotion as it does not find a medium of expression. The person withdraws into himself or herself, and is slowly unable to conduct the usual daily activities. The first step therefore is to fully accept the reality of the event and one's own response to it. It can help to speak to a friend or family member about one's own response, or even release the grief by crying. Such cathartic avidities are the first step.
- Taking care of oneself: Often after the death of a loved one, an individual may become wary of his or her own condition and fail to look after himself or herself. This should be avoided. Normal diet, exercise and activities are required.
- Channeling grief into productive activity: Constantly focusing on the loss of the loved one can increase the trauma and stress. Sometimes it helps to focus on helping others, e.g. Volunteering at a charity or assisting others in some way. Even taking up artistic pursuits or any productive hobby proves to be beneficial.
Sir the tablets can work inside the body directly to the parts of the body and the sprays will act outside the body. Then how can be that pain killer sprays will quick act on that part instead of a pain tablet?
My daughter is 8 years. She became very slow in response as age is growing. She forget basic things also. Like washing hands after toilet. Flush after loo. She goes for brush but stand lost for long. We need to remind her everything. Is it laziness or some issue? She was very sharp kid till almost 5 years of age. Then slowly she became like this. We don't show our frustration but it is very frustrating that things like drinking water, washing hands need reminder. She doesn't use her brain at all in any activity or study. But she can play memory or brain video games very well. Can you please suggest what is the reason for this behaviour? And what we should do to correct it?
Sir my father is not mentally good he has been facing mental problems he listen to some wrong people and behave in the way he is told by wrong peoples and irritates whole family i just want to know whether that can u treat him through hypnotism nd reveal the name by hypnotysing my father that who shows him wrong path to do wrong things
Muje samaj nahi ata main kya karu main jabse bimar hua hu. Tab se meritabiyat sahi nahi rehti. Main bhaut depressed rehta hu. Meri hartime letne ka mann karta hai. Aisa lagta hai jaise hath per ki jaan nikal gayi. Muje typhoid fever hua tha monnths pehle tab se main preshan hu kya karu samaj nahi ata muje.
I am 24 yr old. I have coughing problem due to smoking. Is it a serious problem? And please help me to quite smoking.
I am male 31 years old suffering from grand mal epilepsy since my childhood. I am on medication since than I need to know whether there is any cure for it or not,
I am 29 years old unmarried. I am a regular cigarette smoker from last 8-9 yrs. From last 30-40 days I am feeling heaviness in my chest with little pain. I feel that something has been filled in my chest. I am also feeling weakness also.
You might think, as a parent, that if you behave strictly then your child will become well-behaved. But research and studies have shown that the opposite happens. Strict parenting leads to children who behave worse than others and they suffer from low self-esteem.
Some other reasons why being strict is harmful:
- Never learning self-regulation: Responsibility and self-discipline have to be learned by the children themselves. When you put harsh limits on them, they never learn self-regulation. If they think the limits don’t sound too harsh, they will learn to accept them. But the limits placed on them should never be controlling. If this happens, children see themselves as being controlled and no one enjoys being controlled.
- Instilling fear: If you are being authoritarian (parenting in which there are high demands and low sympathy) instead of empathetic, then your children will become scared of you. You are instilling the power of fear in them. This triggers a vicious chain of events. When you yell, they will yell as well.
- Anger and depression: Authoritarian parenting often leads to children believing a part of them is unacceptable. They feel that their parents would not understand. It makes them susceptible to anger management issues and depression.
- Blindly obeying those in power: Children raised up in strict households start thinking power is always right. They learn to obey blindly. This makes them vulnerable to peer pressure. They also never learn to take responsibility for their actions.
- Rebelling: Children tend to be angrier and become rebellious when they have strict parents. The need to break free and not conform to the non-empathetic limits that forces them to act out. They might even nurture thoughts about leaving home and running away.
- Lying: Strict parenting creates excellent liars. Children learn to lie when they are in trouble. They think lies will placate their parents and they can get away with anything.
- Damage to parent-child relationship: If you are strict and you don’t change your authoritarian ways, then it damages your relationship with your children. Natural empathy is lacking in strict parents. You don’t understand your child, and your child doesn’t feel like sharing their lives with you. It creates a divide between the parent and child. Children never quite get over this as they grow older. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.