Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Adinarayana MakamYour feedback matters!
As the new year begins, the one fruit which is available in abundance are grapes. The black/purple and the green variety, seeded and seedless, are all over the place. Given the weather slowly changing from winter, they seem like the best thing to beat the summer heat. And yes, they are. Not just for overall health, they are also great for the skin and hair. Read on to know more.
Benefits of grapes for skin:
- When the sunscreen lotion does not help much and sunburn happens, the one of the best home remedies is to apply mashed grapes for about 30 minutes. The grapes are rich in antioxidants (proanthocyanidins and resveratrol). They reduce the damage caused by ultraviolet radiation and also reduces cell damage caused by excessive skin exposure.
- Rubbing the grape pulp on the face for about 20 minutes can help reverse and control antiaging better than any chemical treatment. It reduces the effect of free radicals which lead to fine wrinkles and dark spots.
- Grapes are also rich in vitamins c and e which helps in making the skin supple and improves skin tone and reduces scars.
Benefits for hair:
- If hair loss scares you, apply a paste of seeded grapes. The linoleic acid and grape seed oil can add strength and prevent hair fall.
- Grapes can also be mixed with fenugreek and chickpeas for use on hair to improve life and lustre of the hair and add volume.
- The vitamin e and antioxidants also help improve scalp blood circulation, fight dandruff, reduce itchiness, and improved hair health.
Benefits on overall health:
- Relieves headache: The various antioxidants in the grapes help in relieving the headache almost instantaneously. Eat them up or drink if you have a headache, even migraines.
- Improves digestion: They improve digestion and reduce digestive problems, thereby curing indigestion. They also are shown to help in controlling colon cancer.
- Good in diabetes: Diabetic patients need not be worried about the sweet grapes. The pterostilbene in them helps lower sugar levels, and in the long run, it can also prevent the onset of diabetes.
- Cholesterol control: The polyphenols help in controlling heart disease by reducing plaque formation.
- Eye health: The reduced oxidation process and controlled inflammatory process helps in improving eye health, especially in the retina, which is full of proteins.
- Potassium in plenty: 100 g of grapes contains about 200 mg of potassium, which is a treasure. It improves blood pressure (by countering sodium), and also controls cholesterol and reduces salt intake.
- Brain health: The antioxidants like revasterol help in improving blood flow and helps in controlling alzheimer’s and improving memory. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a herbal expert.
For both partners:
How do I have" good" sex?
What follows is not a set of rules. Rules about sex are impossible-- what should matter is that what you do makes you feel good. And" feeling good" should last past the sex itself-- you should not feel anxious afterwards about getting her pregnant or catching some horrible disease, so planning ahead about contraception and safe sex is part of the idea.
What time should we have sex?
When you have sex doesn't really matter. What should matter instead is that you and your partner have sex when you are both comfortable. Some people prefer to make love at the break of dawn, some in the afternoon sun, some in the darkness of night. More important than time of day is the time you have to spend. Give yourself a lot of time to have sex the first time. A weekend is ideal, but at least the whole day, including sleep time.
Should we eat or drink anything before sex?
Avoid eating a heavy meal, since that'll just make you sleepy. Eat light, don't drink too much alcohol, if any at all. It may help you shed inhibitions, but it may also make his erection much more difficult to achieve and you want to spend more time in the bedroom than the bathroom anyway, right?
Where should we have sex?
Where you have sex is probably a more important decision. Finding a place where you both can be private for up to forty-eight hours can be difficult at that age where most people are planning on losing their virginity. But it's worth it.
A bed is probably the best thing to make love in, still. Hopefully you'll have a room to yourself, with all the amenities that a bedroom affords, including heat, comfort, space, and the bathroom. Take a shower together! if you're about to have sex, you've probably had your hands all over each other before now. Get to know each other's bodies. Take your time. That's what lovemaking is about.
What do we need to bring?
Bring what you need to make you comfortable. Birth control pills, condoms.
Will we come at the same time?
Don't worry about making orgasm simultaneous. Some women do not orgasm during intercourse until they have gained experience, and even if you both are capable of climax, the odds are very much against the two of you coming together the first time. Enjoy yourselves, and rely on one another to tell the truth about what is pleasurable and what is satisfying.
What do I do first?
You can't expect him to know what makes you feel good. You'll have to tell him or show him, and that may mean taking some of the initiative, taking his hands and placing them where they make you feel good. Don't be afraid to ask him to" be gentler" or change positions. Go slow. If it's his first time, he may well be totally nervous about what you're about to do, and his penis may not respond at first. Patience, gentleness, and understanding are required to bring it back to life, and that may be hard for you to achieve, but that's why we told you to give yourselves lots of time.
Will it hurt?
You have probably heard horror stories about how much losing your virginity hurts. For a few women, it does, but with the right touch and the right partner, you should be able to take his penis into your body without pain. Have him take his time, use a lubricant, and press his fingers into you, opening you up slowly. Tell him when it feels good and when it hurts.
What position should I use?
Many women prefer to have sex the first time being on top, where they can control the first entry. Others want to be on the bottom and give their lovers that control. Choose what's best for you. Just remember to tell him to go slow, take your time, and if you feel the need, use a commercial lubricant.
What if I can't get it up?
It may sound funny, but your penis, which has worked great for years, may suddenly go on strike at your first chance at" real" sex. That's natural-- you're nervous. Take a deep breath. Do something else for a while with your hands, your lips and your tongue. Try to forget about your anxiety, and your penis will respond. It's only a temporary thing.
Should I tell her if i'm a virgin?
Many men think that because they're men, they should be in charge of the sex, regardless of who has the more experience. If you're a virgin and she's not, tell her, and let her lead if she wishes. This is as much a learning experience as a loving one. Don't be afraid to confess the truth. A lot of women would rather know that your fumbling is inexperience, rather than just sheer ineptitude, and will gratefully show you the ways of the world.
What if I orgasm too soon?
If you actually climax much too soon before you wanted to, take your time, take a nap, and try again. The second time you should be much more relaxed and ready to take your time-- so will your penis.
Am I big enough? too big? the right shape?
Size of the penis is a common concern. The average penis is slightly more than five and a half inches in length when erect, and that's more than enough to hit every major nerve center of the clitoris and the vagina, the legendary g-spot included. The vagina is capable of stretching to take a large penis, or shape itself to pleasure a small one. Size has very little to do with your ability as a lover.
Another common issue is shape. Some men become concerned because their penis bends downwards, or to the left, and assume that because they never see men like them in erotic movies that they're not normal. Others worry that a downward bend will make sex difficult or painful because the vagina isn't shaped with that bend in mind.
Keep in mind that sex can be performed in any number of positions. The penis and vagina can be matched in many different ways, and each new position can bring new pleasures to you and your partner. Some people believe that a downward-bending penis is much easier to perform oral sex upon.
Will I be a good lover?
Being a good lover doesn't happen automatically. With the right partner, time, care, and practice, you have everything you need to become a great lover. Your first times, for both you, will be fumbling and awkward, but hopefully they'll be the start of great times for the rest of your lives
I am 14 week pregnant. Almost about from 1 month I having some bleeding. My doctor prescribed me hucog 5000 injection of 4 doses per week and susten sr 200 twice everyday and I have already taken 2 of the infections. But my bleeding problem is same. I have been taking lots of rest. I am very much worried about this because last year I had a miscarriage.
Hello. M married and completed 2 years of marriage. But still I could not get pregnant. My periods are not regular. Sometime it comes after 20 days sometime 26 days sometime 30 days. Pls suggest what will I do.
My husband has a low sperm count but still I conceived but had a silent miscarriage does my chance of getting pregnant is difficult?
1. Hit the hot spots
A friction position may help you have an orgasm during intercourse. Get on top, for example, so the top of your clitoris is rubbing directly on your partner’s pubic bone. Or lay on your back with a pillow underneath your butt.
2. Talk the talk
" men really want direction. Let your partner know when he’s on the right track, either by telling him what feels great or by moaning.
3. Learn on your own
You can’t talk the talk if you don’t know what turns you on" to train your body to be orgasmic, you have to masturbate.
4. Exercise your orgasm muscles
" kegels are the classic exercise for women who want to transform feeble orgasms into fabulous ones, locate these muscles in your pelvic floor by stopping yourself from peeing midstream. Then tone them by clenching when you’re not peeing. Do kegels every day, ideally a few times a day. And keep breathing while you squeeze.
5. Get risky
Research shows that engaging in thrill-seeking behaviors together stimulates dopamine in the brain, which gets your juices flowing.
6. Delay the pleasure
" the longer the arousal buildup, the bigger the explosion. Get yourself close to orgasm, then slow to a simmer. Repeat that a few times before you climax.
7. Focus on breathing
Tantric sex may sound new-agey, but its central tenet—focused breathing—may boost your pleasure" you can use your breath to channel your sexual energy. Partners who breathe in tandem may slow the rush to orgasm and create a bigger buildup, which can intensify pleasure.
8. Explore erotic
Erotic movies and books can be tasteful and arousing, and the more aroused you are, the better your orgasm chances.
9. Try creative foreplay
If it takes you longer than your partner to warm up, fulbright says, get a head start by e-mailing or texting each other sexy messages.
10. If you’re not orgasmic, advice from a pro may be helpful. Nerve damage or low testosterone could be the problem" your doctor can do a medical evaluation" or look at relationship factors"
11. Relax, relax, relax!
I suck and fingering my gf pussy before 5 days of her periods time. Now last 4 days back her periods time also completed but still now she can't getting periods. Is any chance to get pregnancy?
There are multiple intramural posterior wall uterine fibroids largest 13×14 mm 14×9 mm 13×13 mm in the fundus the cervix is male bulky measures 3.2 cm.
My wife had her last period on 6th september we also gone through a doctor and had a pregnancy and urine test the result is negative she also completed the course of deviry 10mg tablet i. E. 2 tab for 7 days and already 7 days past of course of tablets still she did not have a periods. Suggest me doctors I am worried.
After having Sex with will be there any late of coming periods my age 20 pls help me I'm not get my periods I had sex with condom itself will be there any delay of periods after sex.
I had unprotected sex on April 30 dis year n 3 days ago I took misoprostol nasoclear doh I bleed for 3 days after taking it. Ever since den I continued seeing my normal period which is first week of every month but unusually thing I notice in my body is that my stomach will seems big @ sometimes an tight .pls I need your advice.
Whenever she got period . She get pain all the time in her legs or stomach. Is there any medicine. Suggest?
I am 20 years old. I have been on medication for epilepsy for the past 4 years and I still on medication, I am using levipil 750 mg, twice a day. Recently in the month of june I got pregnant with my boyfriend currently living in china. I have consulted a Chinese doctor there and had a surgical abortion, after the abortion I had been taking some medicines and from the 4th day of my abortion I have been taking yasmin 3mg once a day as recommended by my doctor. But due to translation problems between Chinese and English I have misunderstood the way of taking the medicine and have been taking yasmin continuously from the 4th day of my abortion, it's been 5 weeks and 3 days till now. I have experienced unusual headaches continuously in the 4th week of taking the medicine. But now since a week it has reduced. Recently I found out that I have been taking the medicines wrongly as I was supposed to take yasmin 3 mg for only 21 days and then stop for a week (which I didn't). Please suggest me what steps should I take next.
When you just came to the conclusion that olive oil is healthy for your health, suddenly, you may have read another study result that says that coconut oil is best for your health. No doubt, you are puzzled and confused which one to take. In this article, we will try to give you some idea of the healthy aspects of coconut oil and olive oil and some hard facts about them.
Let’s find them out
|1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil||1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil|
|119 Calories||116 Calories|
|14 (g) Total Fat||14 (g) Total Fat|
|1(g) Saturated Fat||12 (g) Saturated Fat|
|9.8 (g) Monosaturated Fat||0.8 (g) Monosaturated Fat|
|1.4 (g) Polysaturated Fat||0.2 (g) Polysaturated Fat|
|0 (mg) Cholesterol||0 (mg) Cholesterol|
Goodness of Coconut Oil - The Saturated Fats
- Acts as an Antioxidant and Reduces Oxidative Stress: Virgin coconut oil consists of some antioxidants, like polyphenols and flavonoids. In the process of oxidative stress, the blood vessels in our body and heart get affected that leads to heart attack. These antioxidants keep us safe from such heart ailments.
- HighTemperature Resistant: It means that, if you cook in high temperature in coconut oil, you won’t get your food smoked. Coconut oil is a saturated fat, and it is high temperature resistant.
- Reduces Hunger: It keeps you away from those irritating hunger pangs when you consume foods cooked in coconut oil.
- Improves metabolic rate: Coconut oil increases metabolic rate that ultimately helps to reduce our waist size.
Goodness of Olive Oil - The Monounsaturated Fats
- Heart Friendly Fat: Olive oil is rich in monounsaturated fats. The American Heart Association has certified these fats as a heart friendly fat.
- Lowers LDL Cholesterol: Olive oil helps in lowering the low density cholesterol level that is known as bad cholesterol in our body.
- Some Essential Substances Present in It: Olive oil is rich in vitamin E and polyphenolic compounds. These two components are antioxidants that help in reducing the systemic inflammation level in our body.
Now the point is: Which Oil Is Better for Your Health?
So, from the table and discussion, it is clear that both coconut and olive oil are good for our health. But none of them are miracle fats. You need to consume both oils in small amounts. For cooking foods that need high temperature, like roasting, stir frying, you can use coconut oil as it has high temperature resistance. On the other hand, for simple cooking, use olive oil. But don’t use extra virgin olive oil for cooking, as heat at higher levels can destroy the Vitamin E and Polyphenol compounds in the Olive Oil. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.
This medicinal herb can pretend like any other fresh salad, and it will keep free radicals away from the cells of your body.
Scientists claim that its daily consumption prevents the appearance of tumors, and it helps the work of enzymes that clean and regenerate the liver and is a natural diuretic.
Water and lemon
Lemon is an excellent source of vitamin C, and is known for being helps to burn fat and detoxify.
A glass of water with lemon every morning to help regulate digestion, refresh and refine your body.
Dark leafy greens
Vegetables dark, green leaves increases the level of chlorophyll in the digestive tract, which helps the body to get rid of toxins of the environment.
Fruits contain vitamins, antioxidants and fiber, and recommended its consumption as much as possible. Apples, pears, oranges – no matter whatever you are eating, it is only to be fresh.
Cabbage is known for its qualities of “cleansing” of the liver. You can eat it as a salad or as a veg.
Numerous studies have shown that artichokes are very good for the liver and bile bag.
They also contain high levels of cynarin that prevents indigestion of food and stimulates healthy digestion.
If you have a problem with the gall purse, be sure to eat beetroot.
Its fibers are helping production of antioxidant enzymes in the liver that help the gallbladder and liver to eliminate toxic substances in the body.
Garlic is a good friend of your liver, because it helps to get rid of free radicals that are produced in the body.
Additionally, garlic is known for its healing properties in a number of diseases.
Green tea contains high levels of catechins, which speed up liver activity and increases the production of enzymes for detoxification.
It is recommended that at least two cups a day.
Whole grains should always be your choice! As well as containing high levels of nutrients and antioxidants, they are rich in fiber and that will help to regulate digestion.
So, instead of white bread, always opt for one whole grain.
My problem is. My last period date was 20 agust. and in this month I have no period please help me what I do? I am married I checked my pregnancy test result is negative. please help me.
My wife using today contraceptive pill from last 6 years. Please tell if there is any side effects. If yes please tell any other alternatives just like today's.which has no side effects .Because today gives natural feel.
Sleep deprivation can lead to mood swings, along with decreased levels of concentration; and a person lacking sleep may easily feel annoyed or irritated. Apart from affecting your memory, health and looks, sleep deprivation can lead to decreased sex function as well. People who have trouble sleeping have a difficult time coping with their relationships as with almost all aspects of their lives.
The following are some of the ways chronic sleep disorders may affect your sex life:
1) Reduced energy levels - Lack of sleep can lead to reduced levels of energy and fatigue. Depletion of energy, in turn, can lead to perpetual tiredness, which may ultimately cause a person to have lower libido and interest in sexual intercourse. Some men suffer from sleep apnea, which is a respiratory problem that interrupts sleep. A 2002 study showed that sleep apnea causes lower levels of testosterone in men.
2) Mood swings - Sleep disorders often lead to perpetual mood swings. It can make a person grumpy and quarrelsome. If you're sleep deprived, you may get very agitated even by minor stress. This can hurt interaction between you and your partner, leading to a disruptive relationship in the bedroom.
3) Decreased social activity - Lack of sleep may decrease your likelihood of engaging in social interactions. People with sleep disorders usually avoid social engagements, as they believe it may disrupt their sleep patterns. They rearrange their sleeping patterns by avoiding social interactions, which leaves them with lesser opportunities to meet with people of the opposite sex, thereby affecting their sex lives.
4) Anxiety - Increased levels of anxiety and stress attributed to lack of sleep can lead to loss of sexual function and even sexual disorders at times. Lack of sleep generally decreases your experience of positive emotions, which may lead to pessimism and subsequently lack of sexual interest. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.