Find numerous Neurologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Neurologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Achar V S
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. Achar V SYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor, I'm 25 year old male. 5" 11 height, 90kg weight, not married, from 1 week I'm eating full sweets in relatives homes from that time I'm getting full hungry at noon times my body is shivering I'm unable to control. If I do a small work also I'm getting full sweat, my heart beat also running fast I can sense when I touch my heart area. I think this is diabetics problem, So can I know the reason pls? Is it possible to get in early ages? My parents also diabetic. What type of doctor, tests I need to take to find all these problems?
I am 43 years old I am suffering from Neuropathy and also I have back pain since three months (L3 l4 Mild disc Bulge. I am not able to sit and stand 5 to 8 hours any permanent solution is there please help me and also submitted my Medical Reports.
I masturbate 4-6 times a day on regular basis. Is that the reason for my chronic back pain, insomnia,weakness and tiredness? What should I do to prevent such things and overcome these symptoms? The main problem that comes is I can not bend properly. What are the solutions?
Sleep disorder is the condition where a person loses his night sleep completely or is able to sleep only for few hours or minutes. They feel a sudden restlessness when they go to sleep, or they naturally do not get any good sleep. Sleeping disorders can be of various types and they are not just only about the person's inability to fall asleep.
Some common types of sleeping disorders are:
- Sleep apnea
- Restless leg syndrome
- Loss of sleep due to excessive snoring
- Insomnia and sleep deprivation
All the disorders have one thing in common. They generally make the person feel tired all day long, due to complete or partial loss of sleep.
Sleeping disorders cannot be identified from the day one. The slow build up of symptoms are the only clue to the fact that one is suffering from this condition.
Some of the very common symptoms that would help the person to identify the problem are:
- Falling asleep during the day and during work
- Irritable sensation all throughout the day
- Loss of patience during work
- Loss of concentration during the day
The homeopathic remedies involve the use of natural herbs and their extracts. All these are recommended by the doctors in prescribed dosages.
Some of the commonly used homeopathic remedies are:
- Chamomilla: People suffering from sleeplessness due to pain and irritation prefer this.
- Coffea: This particular herb is considered to be ideal for coping with sleeping disorders. This is more commonly suggested for people, who find it difficult to fall asleep due to over excitation, or else due to sudden mood swings.
- Belladona: This herb is used in cases where the person has trouble falling asleep due to nightmares or headache. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am 53 yrs old. I have foot drop problem on left side numbness, tingling. My MRI Report shows that there is depression on L-5, S1, pain is there on Lower Back.
Sir I am suffering from migraine what should I do for felling relax. I there is affect cigrate on migraine. It too much affect my daily routine.
I got bells palsy 6 days ago and I shown myself to the neurologist doctor and physiotherapist, both of them has given me the medicines and facial exercise but its getting worse day by day. In the beginning I can close my eye but now after 5 days I could not close it fully. And also my half face is also getting worse. So I want to know that after taking so much of medicines from the day 1 and doing physiotherapy, it should be getting good but that's not happening. Its getting worse day by day. So is it normal to get worse even after taking medicines and exercise?
Dementia cannot be singularly regarded as a specific disease, but rather indicates a group of symptoms associated with your memory, cognitive thinking, and social abilities, up to the point where daily functioning gets affected. In most cases, dementia steadily worsens over time (progressive dementias). Dementia is not to be confused with memory loss alone; because it is natural with old people to experience memory loss, but that does not necessarily mean they have dementia. If the reason is dementia, then you may require medical treatment.
Dementias are generally caused either by damage to or changes in the nerve cells operating in the brain. The causes can be grouped differently based on the type of dementia experienced and the part of the brain affected. While some causes can be reversed with effective treatment, others, unfortunately, cannot.
The most common causes of dementia which cannot be reversed include:
- Alzheimer's disease
- Vascular dementia
- Parkinson's disease
- Frontotemporal dementia
- Dementia with Lewy (dementia which is neurodegenerative and progressive in nature) bodies
- Severe head injuries
Other irreversible causes which are relatively rarer than usual include:
- Huntington's disease (breakage of the brain's nerve cells)
- Creutzfeldt-jakob disease (irreversible and fatal brain disease)
- Multiple sclerosis or amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
- Infections like syphilis
- Leukoencephalopathies (diseases affecting the brain's'white' areas)
- Brain injuries
- Multiple system atrophy
Causes of dementia which can be treated include:
- Heavy metal poisoning
- Certain brain tumors
- Chronic alcoholism
- Vitamin b12 deficiency
- Medicinal side effects or abnormal drug reactions
- Normal pressure hydrocephalus
- Certain cases of encephalitis
Symptoms of dementia include:
- Memory loss
- Difficulty finding the right words
- Difficulty exercising judgments, especially during emergencies
- Inability to recall particular events or to recognize people and places
- Depression or other mood disorders, in addition to symptoms like uncontrolled aggression or constant agitation.