Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Facial Cosmetic Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Abubakar SiddiqhYour feedback matters!
I am working in RBI Mysore and my area of working is very noisy and dust free My problems are 1. Due to shift change on every alternate days is it effects on my health 2. Due to heavy noise wht will be the effect on my ears I will get enough time to sleep only thing is I fear of noise there is no other option for me Rajendra.
In my ear some pain in outer body of ear .And kuch sujan bhi h jisse karan pain ho raha h to kuchh solution bataiye.
Ear infections are a common ailment that people suffer from during the monsoon season. These can infect any part of the ear including the external ear, middle ear and inner ear.
Symptoms of ear infections:
Whether it is the outer, middle or inner ear, some of the common symptoms affecting users are:
You may feel acute pain in the infected ear.
There may be some discharge from the ears.
Some people also suffer from decreased hearing Acute infection can also cause dizziness.
Along with the ear pain some people may suffer from severe headaches.
In case of children, they may cry and refuse to feed as well as constantly tug their ears.
Fever can also be a sign of ear infection.
It is important to keep things in mind for preventing ear infections:
Keep your ears clean: It is important not to put anything in the ears to clean them- this may cause injuries and infections It is important to clean your outer ears with a clean cloth to avoid a fungal infection while using a hairspray, swimming or if you are out in the rain.
Clean earphones once a week to avoid infections of ear canal
Avoid putting cotton in your ears: Avoid putting cotton swabs in your ears as it can lead to trapping of bacteria within.
Don't ignore a warning sign: If you suffer from any of the symptoms of ear infection it is wise to get tested by an ENT specialist.
An ear infection may need treatments and procedures or in some cases even surgery. The common treatments for ear infections include:
- Cleaning of the Wax: If there is a wax buildup in your ears, which leads to an infection, a professional cleaning may be required by a doctor under a head light with specialized micro instruments.
- Ear Drops: Using ear drops can also dissolve the ear wax and clean out the ear infection.
It usually takes a week to clear out an ear infection, but if still doesn't get better it is advisable to consult a medical practitioner. Sometimes ear infections may also require surgeries like Myringotomy, Tympanoplasty or Mastoidectomy, which can be an OPD procedure or might need a day's stay in the hospital.
- Homeopathy is one of the popular alternatives that have proved successful in the treatment of both mild and severe snoring.
- Extra tissue in the throat can vibrate as you breathe in air in your sleep, causing you to snore. People who are overweight, obese often have extra bulky throat tissue. Genetic factors that can cause snoring include extra throat tissue as well as enlarged tonsils, large adenoids, long soft palate or long uvula.
- Most of the homeopathic cures for snoring break down the mucus, reduce the inflammation in the nasal passages, clear up the lungs and prevent colds that can have an adverse effect on snoring. Most of the herbs used in the preparation of homeopathic snoring cures reduce the swelling in the throat and nasal pathways helping you breathe better and sleep well.
- You can easily take an online consultation for further treatment guidance and permanent cure without any side effects.
Hi, I will be frequently getting throat pain, every 4months. Later I will be taking 3-4 days course to solve it. Nice 100mg, Cipro500mg, Hexigel, Hot drinking water. Do we have any other permanent solution?
Ear aches are a common complaint for many children. An ear infection can be explained as an inflammation of the middle ear. Unlike other aches, this one cannot be soothed by scratching or applying pressure and hence makes children cranky. Ear infections are usually triggered by bacteria or viruses. This causes inflammation that narrows the tube in the ear and allows fluid to build up. This fluid buildup is responsible for the pain.
However, not all ear infections need to be treated with medication. When it comes to treating ear aches in children, picking a natural remedy is a much better option ,since it has no side effects and can address the root cause of the infection. Here are a few natural remedies for earaches:
- Compress: Hot and cold compresses are very effective ways of treating pain and can be used for earaches as well. Place an ice pack or a warm, moist compress over the ear to soothe the ache. Heat relaxes the muscles and stimulates blood flow while ice controls inflammation and swelling. Hot and cold compresses should not be applied for over 20 minutes at a time.
- Water: Some actions can help open up the eustachian tube to the middle ear. Swallowing is one such action. To encourage your child to swallow, offer him lots of fluids.
- Oil: Before using oil to treat an earache ensure that your child is not suffering from a ruptured eardrum and there is no fluid leaking from the ear. Pouring a few drops of warm olive oil or sesame oil can help soothe the pain by opening up the eustachian tube. It can also prevent the buildup of excessive ear wax and form a protective layer on the outer ear against bacteria and other infections.
- Elevate the head: Elevating a child's head can help improve sinus drainage. When it comes to children, instead of using a pillow below their head, place the pillow below the mattress to create a gradual slope.
- Onion: Onions can be used in many different ways to treat earaches. You could either juice an onion and put a few drops of the same in the ear or slice an onion in half and heat it before placing it over the ear like an ear muff. Onion contains anti inflammatory and antibacterial properties that help soothe earaches effectively and quickly.
If the earache does not reduce or if there is a discharge from the ear, do not continue to self treat it and consult a doctor immediately.
My Son is 4 years 11 months old and he keeps falling sick very frequently. Right now he is suffering from a throat infection and getting temperature occasionally. Please suggest to boost his immune system and also the treatment for his current situation.
Dear doctor, my left ear is having tinnitus type of sound occassionally since a couple of years. No pain and no secretions in the inner ear. Also no obstruction of wax. Intensity of sound is more after taking headbath. Audiotests are normal for my age. Iam 66 years old and diabetic also hypertensive. Suggest me suitable treatment. Thanks and regards, mallikarjun rao. R.
I have sore throat from one month. It started with cold but cold cure in one week. I have sore throat but no cough no cold no runny nose. What should I do?
Rhinitis is an irritable medical condition where the mucous lining of a person's nose swells up. The term is more of a category and less of a definitive way to describe something specific. Rhinitis involves a host of other conditions that affect the mucous membranes of your nose. If you were not aware, common cold is also a kind of rhinitis. Rhinitis can cause acute touchiness in the inner lining of the nose leading to continuous discharges from one's nose. It can also lead to clogging of your nose or inflammation of the internal tissues.
Rhinitis can be divided under two main types; allergic and non- allergic rhinitis. Allergic rhinitis, popularly known as hay fever is caused due to contact with allergens that are usually undamaging. However, in case of non- allergic rhinitis the symptoms take after that of the allergic type but no particular causal factor can be identified.
Factors that can increase your propensity to suffer from rhinitis of any kind are:
- Pollen from flowers
- Inhaling certain substances can be harmful; smell of certain chemicals is bad too.
- Both active as well as passive smoking can be detrimental
- High levels of air pollution contributes to the risk
- Weather conditions affect your health; a windy yet humid weather can aggravate rhinitis.
Common symptoms of rhinitis can be listed as below:
- A person suffering from this condition might catch a cold all of a sudden.
- People, usually little children, might even face high fevers.
- Your nose tends to be runny. After the infection subsides, chances of a thick, sticky discharge are more.
- Exhaustion is also felt in combination with headaches and teary eyes.
- The nature of your nasal discharge tells the doctor if you are suffering from an allergy or from a viral infection.
A few preventive measures to aid you against rhinitis:
- Rhinitis can be communicable and in most cases it is so. Therefore a person should not share his or her utensils and other personal things such as towels or handkerchiefs with any other person.
- One should not be in close proximity of another infected person.
- Hands are the most common sources of infection. One must wash his or her unclean hands before touching the face. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ent Specialist.