Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Abraham ThakekarYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from fungus infection in my private part from past one year is there any permanent cure for this disease kindly suggest.
I am suffering from dry cough for the last 2 weeks and I have chest pain whenever I cough hard can you suggest what should be done.
My penis is 1.7 inch in flaccid and 3.7 in erect. Is it ok for a satisfying sex. Or I cannot do with this penis? my girth about 3.8 inches. Please give a detailed information.
Diabetes is often referred to as diabetes mellitus by physicians, which is used for describing a group of metabolic-related diseases. Diabetic patients have high blood sugar (blood glucose) in the blood, the cause of which might be either the inadequate production of insulin or because the body is unable to use the insulin properly. Diabetes might also be a result of the combination of both.
There are three types of diabetes:
- Type 1 diabetes which was formerly known as insulin-dependent diabetes or juvenile onset diabetes due to the fact that the symptoms are typically diagnosed in young children and children in their teens. Approximately 10%diabetic patients are Type 1 diabetic where the body is unable to produce insulin.
- Type 2 diabetes was also known as non-insulin-dependent diabetes or adult onset diabetes, as it occurs mostly in adults. Approximately 90%diabetic patients worldwide are Type 2 diabetes, which occurs because the body is unable to produce the required amount of insulin for proper functioning. Overweight and obese people suffering from central obesity or abdominal obesity are more at risk of developing Type 2 diabetes than people who have a healthy body weight, as obesity forces the release of chemicals which may destabilize the cardiovascular and metabolic systems of the body. The risks of developing Type 2 diabetes also increases as one grows older.
- Another type of diabetes is gestational diabetes, which mainly affects pregnant women who have high glucose levels in their blood. The bodies of these women are unable to produce the required amount of insulin to transport all the glucose to their cells leading to the progressive increase of glucose. Studies have revealed that women who have animal fat and cholesterol-rich diet before pregnancy are at more risk of developing this type of diabetes.
Symptoms of diabetes include excessive thirst, dehydration, increased urination and hunger. Symptoms may also include fatigue, skin problems, slow healing wounds, blurred vision and tingling in the feet.
- Patients who are afflicted with Type 1 diabetes will have to take insulin injections for life. Proper blood glucose levels have to be maintained throughout by following a strict diet and regular blood tests need to be carried out.
- Patients with Type 2 diabetes need to keep their weight in check. They are generally treated with tablets, but sometimes insulin injections are recommended. These diabetic patients need to follow a healthy diet strictly, exercise regularly and keep monitoring their blood glucose levels. Another option for obese people to reduce symptoms is Bariatric surgery.
- While gestational diabetes can be controlled with proper diet and regular exercise, there are 10 - 20%of diabetics who will need medications to control blood-glucose. Undiagnosed and untreated gestational diabetes raises the risks of complications during childbirth and may result in a baby who is bigger than he / she should be.
Acute complications of diabetes may include hyperglycemia or hypoglycemia while chronic complications may include diseases of the blood vessels which could damage the eyes, nerves, kidneys and the heart. If you think you have symptoms which suggest diabetes, consulting a doctor at the earliest would be your best option.
How to remove pubic hair, I tried with trimmer but end up in cutting skin, feel shy to go to salon for this. Suggest something.
What precautions should be taken if someone in family is having cold? If possible suggest some homemade recepies?
I am suffering from cough and Asthma, and also have knees problem and I am having so much of weakness and I am not able to sit. Please consult me what should I do to become healthy and so that cough is removed.
I am 35 yrs old, I tested hba1c on 20 mar 2015 my glucose level was 13.9 at that time now (22 may 2015 after two months tested again the same test now my glucose level is 8.8, without medication with exercise, yoga, home remidies and diet control. My question is that should I go to alopathic treatment or ayurvadic treatment or should I go to with the same pattern (as mentioned above) without medication. Please advice.
Dear sir, What is kegal exercise. How its helping for erection? And is any other exercise for improve the penis strength and erection. One more question- I'm suffering from sheegarptan, even after seven month of my marriage. Can you please explain briefly.
I've got regular throat infection. Although i'm so health conscious I have tried many doctors i'd I get a good remedy ill donate. Thanks for your reply.
I had intercourse today, 1st and 2nd round with condom, and 3rd round for 3-4 minutes. I withdrew before releasing sperms. Her periods were exactly 1 month back and she has irregular periods. Please advise what are chances of She getting pregnant.
I am suffering from dry cough for the last 2 week and l have chest pain whenever l cough hard. Con you suggest what should be done?
Hello doctor. I want to ask that I masturbate every day. So I wanted to know whether it would affect me in the future. I do it on a regular basis and has been doing it since 8 to 9 years.
My father has a problem of 2 stones in his gall bladder, one of them one stone is on the way of gall bladder. So the doctors shifted it on the gall bladder through ercp. But after that he has started a problem of high breathing. He can not take breath properly.
My mom is suffering from migraine since last 5 years. What are the best remedies and how to cure migraine.
When can HIV test done, after first contact with HIV positive person sexually, and can it be done in Imphal, Manipur, if yes which hospitals.
1. Do exercise/walk daily atleast for 1/2 hr (but not late evenings)
2. Fix a routine time for sleeping and getting up (preferably sleep by 11 pm or earlier if possible)
3.Avoid lying in bed while watching TV and Reading
4. Dont drink Tea or Coffee before going to bed
5. Sleep in a peaceful and dark room with comfortable clothing and bedding 6.Avoid eating very heavy meals at night
7. For some people a warm water bath and glass of warm milk helps in relaxing before going to bed
8. Avoid reading/watching very exciting content before going to bed because the chances are ur night will be filled with dreams related to that content causing non-refreshing sleep