Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Homeopaths in India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Viral Fever Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Abida AneesYour feedback matters!
I am 26 years old n I have very dry skin, sometimes skin get cut due to dryness and bleeds. Whole body gets dry and its make me feel embarrassed. Kindly suggest me.
I have undergone bypass Surgery 3 yrs Back. I am on Telesatin 40 Nebicard 2.5 Daily with Ecosprin 75 and Atavastatin 10 daily. Pulse 50 /mnt BP 130/80 Lipid Normal. I feel tired if I step up 3 story building without Breathlessness. Is it due to stain or Betablocker? My Physician wann to put me on Hydrochlorthiazie instead of Nebicard. What is your advice. I am a Gynecologist.
Adding to cauliflower’s appeal is its extreme versatility. You can eat it raw, add it to salads, or use it in your cooking. Cauliflower can even be seasoned and mashed for a healthier version of “mashed potatoes.”
8 Top Health Benefits of Cauliflower
Because of its beneficial effects on numerous aspects of health, cauliflower can easily be described as a superfood. Ten of its most impressive benefits follow:
1. Fight Cancer
Cauliflower contains sulforaphane, a sulfur compound that has also been shown to kill cancer stem cells, thereby slowing tumor growth. Some researchers believe eliminating cancer stem cells may be key to controlling cancer.
For instance, research has shown that combining cauliflower with curcumin (the active compound in the spice turmeric) may help prevent and treat prostate cancer.1
A study published in Carcinogenesis also found sulforaphane may reduce the incidence and rate of chemically induced mammary tumors in animals.2 It also inhibits the growth of cultured human breast cancer cells, leading to cell death.
Other compounds in cauliflower also show anti-cancer effects. According to the National Cancer Institute:3
“Indoles and isothiocyanates have been found to inhibit the development of cancer in several organs in rats and mice, including the bladder, breast, colon, liver, lung, and stomach.”
2. Boost Heart Health
Sulforaphane in cauliflower and other cruciferous vegetables has been found to significantly improve blood pressure and kidney function.4 Scientists believe sulforaphane’s benefits are related to improved DNA methylation, which is crucial for normal cellular function and proper gene expression, especially in the easily damaged inner lining of the arteries known as the endothelium.
3. It’s Anti-Inflammatory
You need some level of inflammation in your body to stay healthy. However, it’s also possible, and increasingly common, for the inflammatory response to get out of hand.
If your immune system mistakenly triggers an inflammatory response when no threat is present, it can lead to significant inflammation-related damage to the body, a condition linked to cancer and other diseases, depending on which organs the inflammation is impacting.
Cauliflower contains a wealth of anti-inflammatory nutrients to help keep inflammation in check, including indole-3-carbinol or I3C, an anti-inflammatory compound that may operate at the genetic level to help prevent the inflammatory responses at its foundational level.5
4. It’s Rich in Vitamins and Minerals
Most Americans are seriously lacking in nutrients their body needs to function. Eating cauliflower regularly is a simple way to get these much-needed nutrients into your body. For instance, one serving of cauliflower contains 77 percent of the recommended daily value of vitamin C. It’s also a good source of vitamin K, protein, thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, magnesium, phosphorus, fiber, vitamin B6, folate, pantothenic acid, potassium, and manganese.
5. Boost Your Brain Health
Cauliflower is a good source of choline, a B vitamin known for its role in brain development. Choline intake during pregnancy “super-charged” the brain activity of animals in utero, indicating that it may boost cognitive function, and improve learning and memory. It may even diminish age-related memory decline and your brain’s vulnerability to toxins during childhood, as well as conferring protection later in life.6
6. Detoxification Support
Cauliflower helps your body’s ability to detoxify in multiple ways. It contains antioxidants that support Phase 1 detoxification along with sulfur-containing nutrients important for Phase 2 detox activities. The glucosinolates in cauliflower also activate detoxification enzymes.7
7. Digestive Benefits
Cauliflower is an important source of dietary fiber for digestive health. But that’s not all. According to the World’s Healthiest Foods:8
“Researchers have determined that the sulforaphane made from a glucosinolate in cauliflower (glucoraphanin) can help protect the lining of your stomach. Sulforaphane provides you with this health benefit by preventing bacterial overgrowth of Helicobacter pylori in your stomach or too much clinging by this bacterium to your stomach wall.”
8. Antioxidants and Phytonutrients Galore
Eating cauliflower is like winning the antioxidant and phytonutrient lottery. It’s packed with vitamin C, beta-carotene, kaempferol, quercetin, rutin, cinnamic acid, and much more. Antioxidants are nature’s way of providing your cells with adequate defense against attack by reactive oxygen species (ROS).
As long as you have these important micronutrients, your body will be able to resist aging caused by your everyday exposure to pollutants, chronic stress, and more. If you don’t have an adequate supply of antioxidants to help squelch free radicals, then you can be at risk of oxidative stress, which leads to accelerated tissue and organ damage.
Cauliflower Is Only One Type of Cruciferous Veggie
If cauliflower isn’t your favorite vegetable, don’t worry. You can get many of these same benefits by eating other members of the cruciferous vegetable family. Broccoli is one of them, but there are others too, including:
The more vegetables you eat from this list the better, as each offers unique and wonderful benefits to your health. For instance, just one cup of kale contains over 10,000 IUs of vitamin A, the equivalent of over 200% of the daily value. Cabbage, meanwhile, is rich in vitamin K1 and B vitamins, which many are deficient in, and has been shown to help heal stomach ulcers and offers benefits to digestion. Additionally:9
100 calories’ worth of cruciferous vegetables can provide you with up to 40 percent of your daily fiber requirement
Cruciferous vegetables contain protein, as much as 25 percent of the daily value in three cups
Cruciferous vegetables, especially kale and collard greens, provide high amounts of vitamin K, which may have benefits for fighting cancer and inflammation
Dr. Varinder Singh Chandhok
Hello Sir/Mam, I work in IT from 4: 30 pm to 4: 00 am. Can anyone please suggest a proper time for sleep, diet,exercise so that this timing will not affect my health much in future. Im literally confused about how to maintain my time. Would be very glad and thankful and open for suggestions. Thank you.
I eat a lot of raw rice. I can not resist myself. Can you tell whether its harmful? And what is the treatment for it?
My sister has to affected with white skin patches on leg and it looks like in smaller in size and she have take treatment for us our doctor suggest for Loprolif cream and melonovit tablet and some one tablet I can not mined it. What is my question is. 1.if this white patches are cure or not? 2.my sister age is 20 unmarried future my sister children also affected same problem of vitiligo diseases if this possible or not? Please explain clearly I have no idea of this types of diseases and also give suggestion to cure completely.
I am 25 year old and I have a problem is that whenever I walk then my bones make noise of just like cracking. Please let me know is it good or bad signal for health?
He has dark skin but colour of neck differ from other which is light .how to reduce tanning an sunburn.
Homeopathy is a system of alternative medicine, which is readily gaining popularity nowadays. The system being relatively uncommon, people did not generally opt for this medicine system earlier, but here are reasons why you should opt for Homeopathy.
- Natural: The medicines are completely gentle on your body because of being natural. Homeopathy works by strengthening the natural defense mechanism of your body, which keeps you protected from infections and creates a long lasting and powerful healing impact.
- No side effects: Homeopathic medicine is absolutely harmless and it does not react with other bodily elements to cause harmful side effects that can harm your body in the short or long run.
- Permanent cure: Although Homeopathic medicines take longer periods of time to work as compared to allopathic medicines, the cure is powerful and long lasting. It tends to uproot your problem in such a way that it has a minimal chance of reoccurrence.
- Cost effective: Homeopathic medicines are mostly inexpensive and readily available. These medicines are mostly available in powder, liquid or small spherical sugar pill form and are easy to manufacture and transport.
- Efficient relief: In case of your day to day medical problems like cold, cough, mild fever, cuts or bruises, insect bites, gastric problems, etc. you can readily depend upon Homeopathic medicine for a quick, cheap and long lasting relief.
- Complementary medicine: Homeopathic medicines, if taken in combination with some other conventional form of therapy can help you to alleviate the side effects of that conventional medicine. These medicines act as excellent complements in some cases like chemotherapy to treat cancer.
- Environment friendly: These medicines are totally environment friendly in nature and they do not degrade or pollute the environment in any manner. The manufacturing of Homeopathic medicines does not release any toxins into the environment and the medicines themselves are totally biodegradable in nature.
- Absolutely safe: Unlike conventional forms of medications, Homeopathic medicines are tested on healthy human beings rather than dummy animals. In this way it is ensured that the medicines that you consume are 100% safe for human consumption.
I have been loosing weight since months, rather I would say my body is shrinking. What can be the reason? also I am on neuro medicines, can that be the reason?
Peas are really little powerhouses of nutrition that are a boon for your health and the whole planet. Read all their benefits, how to use them properly, and some easy recipes. We start with the benefits of this tasty powerfood.
1. Weight Management:
Peas are low fat but high everything else. A cup of peas has less than 100 calories but lots of protein, fiber and micro-nutrients.
2. Stomach cancer prevention:
Peas contain high amounts of a health-protective polyphenol called coumestrol. A study in Mexico City determined you only need 2 milligrams per day of this phytonutrient to prevent stomach cancer. A cup of peas has at least 10.
3. Anti-aging, strong immune system, and high energy:
This comes from the high levels of anti-oxidants including:
- flavinoids: = catechin and epicatechin
- carotenoid= alpha-carotene and beta-carotene
- phenolic acids = ferulic and caffeic acid
- polyphenols = coumestrol
4. Prevention of wrinkles, Alzheimer’s, arthritis, bronchitis, osteoporosis and candida
These come from peas strong anti-inflammatory properties. Excess inflammation has also been linked to, heart disease, cancer, and aging in general. These properties include:
- Pisumsaponins I and II and pisomosides A and B are anti-inflammatory phytonutrients found almost exclusively in peas.
- vitamin C and vitamin E, and a good amount of the antioxidant mineral zinc
- omega-3 fat in the form of alpha-linolenic acid (ALA).
5. Blood sugar regulation:
High fibre slows and protein slows down how fast sugars are digested.
The anti-oxidants and anti-inflammatory prevent or reverse insulin resistance (type 2 diabetes)
All carbohydrates are natural sugars and starches with no white sugars or chemicals to worry about.
6. Heart disease prevention:
The many antioxidant and anti-inflammatory compounds support healthy blood vessels. The formation of plaque along our blood vessel walls starts with chronic, excessive oxidative stress and inflammation.
The generous amounts of vitamin B1 and folate, B2, B3, and B6 reduce homocysteine levels which are risk factor for heart disease.
7. Healthy for the environment:
- Peas work with bacteria in the soil to ‘fix’ nitrogen from the air and deposit it in the soil. This reduces the need for artificial fertilizers since one of their main ingredients is nitrogen.
- After peas have been harvested the remaining plant easily breaks down to create more organic fertilizer for the soil.
- Peas are also able to grow on minimal moisture so they are a perfect crop in many areas not needing irrigation or using up valuable water supplies.
8. Prevent constipation:
The high fiber content in peas improves bowel health and peristalsis.
9. Healthy bones
Just one cup of peas contain 44% of your Vitamin K which helps to anchor calcium inside the bones. It’s B vitamins also help to prevent osteoporosis.
10. Reduces bad cholesterol:
The niacin in peas helps reduce, the production of triglycerides and VLDL (very low-density lipoprotein, which results in in less bad cholesterol, increased HDL (“good”) cholesterol, and lowered triglycerides.