Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Abhishek Shetty
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Abhishek ShettyYour feedback matters!
Sir my mouth getting bad smell even I brushed very well can you what is the problem? Can you suggest me for getting out of this problem! please doctor want your help.
Toothache is one of the common ailments that occur frequently to individuals of all ages. Tooth pain ranges from mild to severe and can be caused by a wide variety of factors pertaining to oral health and dental decay. The pain hightens during or post the consumption of food items that are either too hot or too cold as the tooth becomes increasingly sensitive to changes in temperature.
In Ayurveda, tooth pains are known as daantshool. Ayurveda can provide an effective remedy to tooth pains both chronic and acute. Ayurvedic treatment provides relief from the pain by dealing with the root cause of the problem in a natural and holistic manner without any side effect. It also eliminates the chances of any relapse.
Some of the most common and effective Ayurvedic remedies for sharp tooth pain are as follows:
- Garlic and clove oil: Ayurvedic plants such as garlic and clove are known all over the world for their medicinal properties and healing qualities. Clove oil and garlic can be applied to the affected area of the teeth to ease the pain and improve dental health. This remedy will surely show benefits in the form of stronger teeth that are free of any pain.
- Lime and asafoetida: The vitamin C content in citrus fruits is an effective disinfectant that heals teeth which experience sensitivity due to decay and the formation of cavities. Limes can cure sharp tooth pains as well as bleeding gums and loose teeth. A mixture of asafoetida, also known as hing, and lime juice should be slightly heated and applied on the affected for pain relief.
- Neem and babool: Extracts of neem and babool are well known for their ability to heal tooth pains and related oral problems. These Ayurvedic herbs are good anti septic disinfectants that remove dental decay and provide relief from pain by healing and strengthening the teeth and gums.
- Pepper and rock salt: Pepper, known as maricha in Ayurveda, is highly effective in treating sensitive teeth. When pepper dust is mixed with rock salt and applied on the aching tooth, it alleviates the pain and reduces sensitivity. This mixture will improve oral health and hygiene and it can also be used along with clove oil.
- Bayberry bark: The bark of the bayberry tree is a useful Ayurvedic remedy for treating tooth pains. A paste made from the bark and a vinegar base can be applied on the tooth for getting relief from the pain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Ever wondered how good it would be if a tooth lost can be placed back in place? That is just what the dental implant does. Unlike the dentures, which replace only the crown portion of the tooth, the implant replaces the crown and the root portion of the tooth.
What’s more the chances of decay are less and there is no fear of mobility. The dental implant replaces the natural tooth to the maximum extent possible, both in terms of chewing efficiency and stability of the tooth. It can take almost as much pressure as the natural tooth, with hardly any restrictions on diet.
When properly fabricated, the dental implant can last a lifetime. However, this longevity depends on two sets of factors. The first is the overall oral health of the patient and the second is the post-implant care.
Oral health: Before deciding that a person is to go for an implant, the following are considered:
The person should have very good jaw bone support: The titanium post that will be used as the root portion is placed into the gum ridge and unless the jaw bone is extremely healthy, it will not be able to support this. Also, the post will be in left in place to get integrated into the bone for about 4 to 6 months. During this phase, the oral health should be maintained extremely well.
Placement: The implant should be done by someone qualified to do an implant, not just by any dentist. Good fabrication of the implant is very essential for its longevity.
Good oral hygiene measures: This is a prerequisite for choosing, if a person is a candidate for a dental implant. If the oral hygiene habits are doubtful, then it would not be worth investing the time, effort, and money on an implant.
Post-implant insertion care: Once the post is absorbed into the bone and the crown has been placed, meticulous care should be taken to ensure there is no plaque formation in and around the implant. The gums have to be maintained healthy through regular brushing, flossing, interdental brushing and frequent mouth rinses. This will ensure the gums are healthy and can support the implant for years to come. Regular visits to the dentist every 6 months and scaling in the dental office are also mandatory when you have an implant.
The overall health of the person also ensures success of implants. Chronic uncontrolled conditions like heart disease, stress, diabetes, and smoking adversely affect the oral health and therefore the success of an implant. These are also associated with a greater risk of gum and periodontal disease. Managing these optimally also adds to longevity of dental implants. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dentist.
I am suffering from yellow teeth, while daily I clean my tooth. Some people have cleaned tooth from dentist they were complaining now they have feeling cold in tooth while drinking cold water. Please suggest how can I clean my tooth.
To keep your teeth free from dental decay just minimize sugar intake between meals.
Take sweets in meals only along with fibrous food. As fibers work best to clean teeth and make them free from dental decay. Sugar works as a medium (plaque) for germs growth. To keep teeth healthy get rid of that plaque.