Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Abhilash
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. AbhilashYour feedback matters!
I have pains in legs for about 2 months. When I walk for sometime pain starts. Is mastubration is cause.
In Ayurveda, joint pain is known as 'Sandhigata Vata'. Arthritis and Joint pain are among the most prevalent problems faced by adults, mostly old people. As per ayurveda, 'vata dosha' Is responsible for joint pains and other discomforts associated with it. Natural remedies and proper lifestyle techniques can be utilized to balance the 'vata' to lessen the occurrence and severity of joint pain. Factors including,old age, obesity, injury and strenuous physical activities (that require a lot of joint movements) are responsible for disturbing the balance of your 'vata'.
The following are some ayurvedic home remedies that can be utilized to treat joint pain:
- Massage therapy: Warm coconut, castor, mustard, olive or garlic oil can be utilized to massage the affected areas to lessen the intensity of pain. If you massage the affected joints with natural oils, it improves blood circulation and relaxes the swelling and stiffness in the region.
- Hot & Cold Compress: Cold and hot compresses can be utilized to ease your joint pain effectively. Heat compression decreases the pain, increases the blood circulation and relaxes the swollen joints and muscles. On the other hand, cold therapy lessens the inflammation of the affected joint. Place hot and cold towel alternatively on the affected area to achieve immediate relief from persistent pain.
- Fenugreek: Ingest a teaspoon of ground fenugreek seeds and drink a glass of lukewarm water. Fenugreek has anti inflammatory and antioxidant properties that make it effective for joint pains.Follow this remedy every morning on a regular basis to achieve optimal results.
- Turmeric: Add a pinch of turmeric and a teaspoon of honey in a glass of lukewarm water and drink this solution on a regular basis for a week. Turmeric contains anti inflammatory and antioxidant properties, which makes it an excellent remedy for treating joint pains.
- Apple cider vinegar: Add 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar and a little honey to a cup of lukewarm water. Drink this solution twice daily, before your meals. Apple cider vinegar has alkalizing effect, which makes it an effective remedy to remove the toxins that are responsible for causing joint pain.
- Healthy diet: A balanced diet that comprises a lot of green leafy vegetables and fresh seasonal fruits is good for your joints. The uncontrolled intake of fatty food, dairy products, and high sodium diet must be avoided in order to avoid arthritis and joint pain.
Prevention is better than cure and in order to follow that it is always beneficial to get your complete body check up done from time to time.
Related Tip: "Why Do Women Face Joint Pain Problems More Than Men?"
If you are experiencing joint stiffness in your hip along with pain and tenderness, you could be suffering from hip arthritis or osteoarthritis. Osteoarthritis accounts for being the most common form of arthritis. It is referred to as degenerative joint disease and old-age arthritis and usually, occurs because of age-related issues. The condition occurs when injury and inflammation of a joint lead to the breakdown of the cartilage tissue, causing pain, swelling, and deformity.
How hip arthritis affects the hip joint?
People who are affected by osteoarthritis of the hip may have difficulty in walking properly. Diagnosis in the early stage is difficult as pain may occur in various locations such as the thigh, groin, knee or buttocks.
The underlying causes
The factors responsible for osteoarthritis include increasing age, joint injury and excess body weight. Some other factors may also be responsible. They are as follows:
- When the joints have formed improperly.
- In case of inherited defects in the cartilage.
- When a person puts excess stress on the hip joint because of being overweight or due to certain activities and motions.
How it can be detected?
The different symptoms of hip arthritis or osteoarthritis are as follows:
- Joint stiffness, especially after waking up in the morning.
- Joint stiffness after sitting for a long period.
- Swelling, pain, and tenderness in the hip joint.
- A crunching feeling or sound of bones rubbing against one another.
- The inability to move the hip for carrying out daily activities.
The aim of osteoarthritis treatment is to improve the patient’s ability to move about so that his regular life is less affected. The function of the hip and pain management are other targets of treatment for this condition. The different treatment plans are as follows:
- Proper joint care and rest
- Using a cane while walking for taking weight off your hip
- Losing excessive weight
- Non-drug pain relief measures for controlling pain
- Regular exercise
- Several medicines, including NSAIDS and other prescribed pain medication
- Alternative therapies
Hip replacement surgery
This is a surgical procedure used for osteoarthritis treatment when all other treatment plans fail. The damaged ball of the hip joint is replaced with a metal ball in this surgical procedure. The hip socket is resurfaced by using a plastic liner and metal shell. Apart from the mentioned treatment procedures, hip resurfacing is another surgical option for osteoarthritis treatment, which helps in giving relief when a hip replacement surgery is delayed. In this procedure, the affected hip joint surfaces are surgically removed and are replaced with metal. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.