Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. AbhijithYour feedback matters!
A generation ago, we would not see so many adolescents with braces as we do currently. Orthodontics, the branch of dentistry involved in the use of braces to align and move teeth to form that perfect arch, has seen rapid advancements in the past few decades and continues to grow at a rapid pace.
The fundamental principle is that the teeth is held in place by surrounding elastic tissues, and minor constant forces can be applied to align them better. Small metal brackets are applied on the teeth and a wire is passed through them so that there is a constant force on the teeth. The amount and direction of force is managed by the doctor. The younger the age, the more elastic the tissue is, the easier it is to move teeth.
There are two main things to understand in terms of your options, relation of age with orthodontic treatment and the choices of braces.
Firstly, correlation with age. Over the years, more people in their 20s and early 30s are choosing to have braces. Though the teeth and more importantly the surrounding periodontium become less elastic with age, the amount of force exerted is increased and therefore tooth movement is enabled. Also, in older patients, tooth removal may be required more frequently to make space for proper alignment.
Secondly, the choices of the braces:
- In the earlier days, bands were placed around the teeth and a wire was then connecting all these bands to enable tooth movement. Gradually, this made way to small brackets being placed on the front surface of the teeth, and a wire running through it and elastic bands connecting the bracket and the wire. This is the most effective way of moving teeth, though not esthetic. To make it look different, the ligatures could be colored.
- For people who are constantly in the public eye, the metal braces were a deterrent and so lingual braces became popular. The brackets are applied on the inner surface of the teeth and are not seen easily. The amount of force here varies from the earlier one, and not all conditions can be treated by this method.
- The next development was the development of ceramic braces, which are also applied to the front surface of the teeth and can be used in most cases. These are more expensive than the metallic braces.
- Removable aligners is another option, which are trays which need to be worn for close to 18 hours a day to induce tooth movement. This is esthetic and no metal shows during talking or smiling.
So, if you want to improve your smile, visit your dentist and find out how!
How I can solve the problem I e our teeth can not smell? Why teeth can smell sir/mam. I am 20 years old.
What dental floss should I use? And how many times in a week should I floss my teeth. How to use dental floss?
I want to clean my teeth because it is so much dirty by chewing tobacco like rajniganda n tulsi. So I want a good suggestion for to clean my teeth?
I am 20 years old, I got blood from teeth while brushing and chewing hard materials and my teeth became yellow. Wat is the problem? Their is any solution to stop.
Hi, im 25 years old male I had a road accident and broke my lower jaw and had a frature manddiable -b/l condylayer fracture I had a surgery of IMF and arch bar fixation and ORIF done 1.I want to know in how many days I can have normal food and when can I start eating hard food items? 2.what is the best excercise for increasing my jaw opening?
Your teeth may be hurting your sex life without you even knowing it. A new preliminary study from Taiwan suggests there is a link between a deflated penis and poor dental hygiene. The study found that men with erectile dysfunction were 79% more likely to also have chronic periodontal disease (CPD).
If you aren?t familiar with CPD it is an infection of the gums. The gums pull away from the teeth, creating deep pockets that carry tons of bacteria, eventually spreading to the bone.
MUST READ: 5 Foods That Increase Sperm Count
The gum disease causes chronic inflammation which can ultimately damage the endothelial cells, which form the lining on all of the blood vessels, including those in the penis. Damaged endothelial cells can result in impartial blood flow, resulting in a not so satisfying night in the sack.
Urologist Larry Lipshultz, M.D. Said in Men?s Health, ?Because the blood vessels to the penis are about 25 percent the size of the ones to the coronaries, ED can often serve as an early warning sign for heart problems and vascular disease.?
Thankfully, if CPD is caught in its early stages, it can be addressed with a few deep cleanings from a dentist. Later discoveries may result in gum surgery, or even worse, tooth extraction. It?s very important that precautionary measures are taken ahead of time, by simply exercising good daily dental hygiene.
According to Sally J. Cram, consumer advisor for the American Dental Association, ?Most people who have the disease don?t feel pain until it is in the advanced stages so be sure to see your dentist if you experience red swollen gums, bleeding gums when brushing, bad breath, loose teeth, and receding gums.?
Regarding online consultation there are certain points which all should know and follow.
1) The description of the diseases should be complete in all respects, including any tests done and any medicines already taking. Just saying I have diabetes since 10 years and taking Metformin cannot help a discerning doctor a scientific advice.
2) Your place and name and mail id and phone number should be in the question. It is necessary at times to know where you stay to give a good advice. (For example if there the climate is warm or cold and many other factors)
3) It is necessary to keep in regular touch for some diseases like diabetes and hypertension. So make it a point to be in touch by asking private questions. And repeat the essential point of the previous question to give a continuing answer. All these are said with intention to give a scientifically correct answer and talk as if in a regular consultation about which I am very keen to.
4) For personalised attention and follow up ask privately and it is better to make online payment if you are asked to by the doctor. It involves his time and dedication to give you expert advice after studying your problem. Ask personally in case of doubts about any medical matter. Www.Lybrate.Com/drsajeev
If you are willing to accept me as your regular health care giver / doctor I can give you regular, prompt,
well studied and scientific answers for all your medical problems, which you ask me privately in this site. Sorry to say I will ask for a small payment for my efforts and intelligently studied answers. Regards. Www.Lybrate.Com/drsajeev
Ask privately. It is essential and useful to have a doctor answer your doubts online as it time spent in going to a clinic. Majority of diseases can be treated by online by consultation with an experienced doctor and does not need physical examination. You can use this site and ask me privately