Find numerous Endocrinologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Endocrinologists online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Abhay Gundgurthi
Prevention & Treatment of Diabetes
Treatment of Thyroid Disorders
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of Underactive Thyroid
Treatment of Hormonal Imbalance
Treatment of Hyperthyroidism
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Treatment of Male Infertility or Impotency
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Growth Hormone Deficiency
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Treatment of Gestational Diabetes
Submit a review for Dr. Abhay GundgurthiYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor . My mother aged 57 had last year blood transfusion of 2 unit after severe chest pain through out 1 week (though she use to had mild pain since years but never found any heart disease in tests ) when tested haemoglobin at approx 7 . All ecg n other heart test was normal. She is patient of chronic lever disease , diabetic also. Now she again started feeling severe chest pain once or twice a day or night since last 1 week.Heamoglobin test shows is at 8.8 which is same since last 2 month. Please suggest as she has become week as since long she dont feel eating n eat very less though we try to giv her juices and other vit b12 iron rich fruit , food etc but she dont feel eating most of time. Kindly suggest best cure or if blood tranfusion requires at this level as last night she had severe chest pain twice for half an hour and use to get mild pain frequently 3 to 4 times a day.
Hi Sir, I have Hypothyroidism so please suggest treatment and Medicines to be taken. Further is this ailment controllable or some sort of Permanent nature.Also have high cholesterol levels so please suggest as to which daily exercises and low fat diet items should I take. Are there any medicines for the Same.* *Also have high homocysteine levels due to dietary or vitamin deficiencies. Hence what type of Vitamins Supplements should I take.
Unexplained infertility is infertility that is idiopathic in the sense that its cause remains unknown even after an infertility work-up, usually including semen analysis in the man and assessment of ovulation and fallopian tubes in the woman.
In unexplained infertility abnormalities are likely to be present but not detected by current methods. Possible problems could be that the egg is not released at the optimum time for fertilization, that it may not enter the fallopian tube, sperm may not be able to reach the egg, fertilization may fail to occur, transport of the zygote may be disturbed, or implantation fails. It is increasingly recognized that egg quality is of critical importance and women of advanced maternal age have eggs of reduced capacity for normal and successful fertilization. Also, polymorphisms in folate pathway genes could be one reason for fertility complications in some women with unexplained infertility. Aberrant reproductive immunology such as decreased maternal immune tolerance towards the embryo may also be a possible explanation. However, a growing body of evidence suggests that epigenetic modifications in sperm may be partially responsible.
In india up to 25% of infertile couples have unexplained infertility.
- Potential methods in unexplained infertility include oral ovarian stimulation agents as well as (IUI), intracervical insemination (ICI) and in vitro fertilization (IVF).
- In women who have not had previous treatment, ovarian stimulation combined with IUI achieves approximately the same live birth rate as IVF.
- On the other hand, in women who have had previous unsuccessful treatment, IVF achieves a live birth rate approximately 2-3 times greater than ovarian stimulation combined with IUI.
- IUI and ICI has higher pregnancy rates when combined with ovarian stimulation in couples with unexplained infertility, for IUI being 13% unstimulated and 15% stimulated, and for ICI being 8% unstimulated and 15% stimulated. However, the rate of twin birth increases substantially with IUI or ICI combined with ovarian stimulation, for IUI being 6% unstimulated and 23% stimulated, and for ICI being 6% unstimulated and 23% stimulated.
- According to oral ovarian stimulation agents should not be given to women with unexplained infertility. Rather, it is recommended that in vitro fertilization should be offered to women with unexplained infertility when they have not conceived after 2 years of regular unprotected sexual intercourse. IVF avails for embryo transfer of the appropriate number of embryos to give good chances of pregnancy with minimal risk of multiple birth.
- A review of randomized studies came to the result that IVF in couples with a high chance of natural conception, as compared to IUI/ICI with or without ovarian stimulation, was more effective in three studies and less effective in two studies.
- There is no evidence for an increased risk of ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS) with IVF when compared with ovarian stimulation combined with IUI.
Prognosis in unexplained infertility depends on many factors, but can roughly be estimated by e.g. the Hunault model, which takes into account female age, duration of infertility/subfertility, infertility/subfertility being primary or secondary, percentage of motile sperm and being referred by a gynecologist, sexual medicine specialist or N infertility specialist.
My mom is 55 years old. Last 2 year she facing acute pain in his legs and waist. Particularly when she was sitting for a while and suddenly she want to go somewhere and she facing terrible pain. She taking Gemcal Ds3 everyday. What type of food and medicine should help him?
My wife is suffering from fluctuating blood sugar,frolast 10 years,i have consulted many Doctors in Kolkata,been to,Chennai 3 times,recently visited Asian Institute of Gastroenterology,Hyderabad.Becoz Doctors in Kolkata were suspecting that insulin is coming out from a lump beside Pancreas,but doctor at AIG,Hyderabad tested it and said that Insulin is not coming out of it,i have also gone to Yashoda Hospital,where endochronologist checked it,but unable to say reason of blood sugar fluctuation,i am in regular contact with them over mail,please help me.
I have 9.6 uric acid test done before 10 days since than I am taking febuxostat 40two tab in a day n etoricoxib 90 mg but still my toes are paining and have swelling pls ans huw long pain will be there I am note taking protein as well.
Diabetes is a chronic condition where glucose level of your body rises too high. There are two types of diabetes type 1 and type 2. In case of type 1 diabetes, the body fails to produce insulin and people suffering from this condition have to depend on insulin injections for the rest of their life. In case of type 2 diabetes the body produces less amount of insulin which is not enough for the proper functioning of the body. This type of diabetes can be kept under control by following a healthy diet and practicing exercise regularly.
Why diabetic wounds can cause severe problems?
Diabetes can cause a number of complications that makes it harder for certain wounds to heal. These include:
- Nerve damage: Until a cut or blister worsens and becomes inflamed, in case of neuropathy, you will not experience the pain. Diabetics often suffer from neuropathy, making it difficult for wounds to heal.
- Weak immune system: A minor wound may even get severe and become infected if your immune system fails to exercise its natural defenses.
- Narrow arteries: Blocked arteries may cause severe wounds which becomes difficult to heal. Clogged arteries make it difficult for the blood to flow to the affected area which slows the process of wound healing.
Treating a diabetic wound
You can follow the methods mentioned below to avoid getting infected:
- Taking care of the wound immediately. If the wound is not cleaned and taken care of, letting bacteria to build up, it can lead to infection.
- Avoid using soaps and hydrogen peroxide to irritate the injury. Use antibiotic lotions to prevent infection and use a sterile bandage to keep the affected area covered.
- Consult your doctor before any minor problems turn to larger ones
- Since the bottom of the foot is a common place for developing blisters and calluses in case of diabetic people, try to keep pressure off the wound as it slowly heals
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!