Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Abeer NematYour feedback matters!
Hello Dr. I am 20 years old. I am having a tooth cavity in last 4 teeth (2-2each side) I pains alot. I am unable to eat hot and cold things whenever I ate them they pains alot and I feel painful sensations. I have never consumed more sweets or chocolates during my childhood. please tell me why it is happening so. Also sometimes I become very irritated due too bad breath from those teeth. I dnt want them to increase and affect me n my personality. Suggest me the treatment. Some of my known have suggested me of root canal or filling I am afraid of pain. My ques are 1) why it is happening? Coz I dnt consume lots of sweets or chocolates 2) a way to get rid off pain and sensitivity 3) can I repair my teeth again as I want to with any natural method? 4) what is the medical long term treatment for this? Will it be painful? 5) how can I improve my breathe? Dear Dr. I'll b very thankful to you for your concern. please help me.
One warning that most children would have heard from their parent or other elders is, 'don’t eat chocolates, your teeth will get decayed'. And, most children grow up believing this to be true. As this is a global statement thus, more and more research has been done to clarify this. (Learn more to maintain Oral Health in Children)
Let us understand in brief the basic process of tooth decay. The tooth is made of mineralized layer called the enamel that is covered constantly with saliva. There are thousands of bacteria in the mouth. Food substances gradually deposit on the teeth and form plaque (learn more about plaque problem). This combination of a moist environment and bacteria on a mineralized structure produces the ideal environment for bacteria to act and produce acids which break down the minerals in the enamel. This is the first step in the origin of decay. The acid produced attracts more bacteria which further leads to worsening of the decay.
Some of the facts correlating chocolates and tooth decay are as follows:
- Chocolates in particular do not cause tooth decay. Very often, children tend to eat chocolates in between their meals and do not rinse or brush. This leads to greater level of plaque formation, thereby, starting off the process of decay. Not just chocolates any sticky foods can lead to tooth decay. What needs to be enforced is a habit to brush or at the least rinse thoroughly after eating a chocolate bar. In fact, this could be used as a reward, and it can help food deposits formed from other foods also to be washed away. The child gets to eat a chocolate, and good oral hygiene is reinforced too!
- Eating a chocolate before the actual meal is a way to indulge. What happens is that there is no sticky residue on the teeth if eaten this way. The child gets to enjoy chocolate at the same time keeping the teeth away from decay.
- Another habit is to make sure that the child eats all of chocolate at one shot than to keep nibbling at it for hours. That way, the chocolate can be managed with one round of brushing or rinsing
- it is advisable to give the child their share of chocolate at night, as most kids brush teeth before going to bed.
- Dark chocolates contain a good amount of antioxidants and are believed to reduce the incidence of plaque formation and therefore, they counter the effect of acids produced by the bacteria.
So, the next time someone talks about chocolates causing all the tooth decay, tell them it is not that bad, you can have your chocolate and eat it too!!
Dentists: which foods help in the re-mineralization of teeth after having something sweet? -cheese -apple -carrots?
I am 40 years old and I want to remove my all teeths because I can't eat anything due to poor teeths any suggestions to remove teeth without pain.
Your teeth may be hurting your sex life without you even knowing it. A new preliminary study from Taiwan suggests there is a link between a deflated penis and poor dental hygiene. The study found that men with erectile dysfunction were 79% more likely to also have chronic periodontal disease (CPD).
If you aren?t familiar with CPD it is an infection of the gums. The gums pull away from the teeth, creating deep pockets that carry tons of bacteria, eventually spreading to the bone.
MUST READ: 5 Foods That Increase Sperm Count
The gum disease causes chronic inflammation which can ultimately damage the endothelial cells, which form the lining on all of the blood vessels, including those in the penis. Damaged endothelial cells can result in impartial blood flow, resulting in a not so satisfying night in the sack.
Urologist Larry Lipshultz, M.D. Said in Men?s Health, ?Because the blood vessels to the penis are about 25 percent the size of the ones to the coronaries, ED can often serve as an early warning sign for heart problems and vascular disease.?
Thankfully, if CPD is caught in its early stages, it can be addressed with a few deep cleanings from a dentist. Later discoveries may result in gum surgery, or even worse, tooth extraction. It?s very important that precautionary measures are taken ahead of time, by simply exercising good daily dental hygiene.
According to Sally J. Cram, consumer advisor for the American Dental Association, ?Most people who have the disease don?t feel pain until it is in the advanced stages so be sure to see your dentist if you experience red swollen gums, bleeding gums when brushing, bad breath, loose teeth, and receding gums.?
Regarding online consultation there are certain points which all should know and follow.
1) The description of the diseases should be complete in all respects, including any tests done and any medicines already taking. Just saying I have diabetes since 10 years and taking Metformin cannot help a discerning doctor a scientific advice.
2) Your place and name and mail id and phone number should be in the question. It is necessary at times to know where you stay to give a good advice. (For example if there the climate is warm or cold and many other factors)
3) It is necessary to keep in regular touch for some diseases like diabetes and hypertension. So make it a point to be in touch by asking private questions. And repeat the essential point of the previous question to give a continuing answer. All these are said with intention to give a scientifically correct answer and talk as if in a regular consultation about which I am very keen to.
4) For personalised attention and follow up ask privately and it is better to make online payment if you are asked to by the doctor. It involves his time and dedication to give you expert advice after studying your problem. Ask personally in case of doubts about any medical matter. Www.Lybrate.Com/drsajeev
If you are willing to accept me as your regular health care giver / doctor I can give you regular, prompt,
well studied and scientific answers for all your medical problems, which you ask me privately in this site. Sorry to say I will ask for a small payment for my efforts and intelligently studied answers. Regards. Www.Lybrate.Com/drsajeev
Ask privately. It is essential and useful to have a doctor answer your doubts online as it time spent in going to a clinic. Majority of diseases can be treated by online by consultation with an experienced doctor and does not need physical examination. You can use this site and ask me privately
If you smoke 20 or more cigarettes a day, you're six times more likely to develop mouth cancer than someone who doesn't smoke. So giving up smoking is important if you want to look and feel better.