Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Abdul RazakYour feedback matters!
Sir, My son is 9 years old. His weight is 34 kg. He is suffering from fever since last 5 days. I am giving cefpodoxime 100 twice a day Since Sunday night but till 99 to 100 degree temperature comes at night. So now what will we do. Please reply.
My son is entering middle school in the fall. What advice can I give him if he finds himself on the receiving end of cyberbullying?
My daughter 2y 6 months. And for pass 2 weeks she passing loose tools just twice in a day. She gets tummy pain and then she pass loose tools. Doctor told me it's due to taking lot of milk and bad food habits. That's true she takes per day 1 /2 milk more then food. She doesn't nt chew her food so I have to give her smashed rice which she swallow it. She doesn't take any vegetables and non veg. When every she feels hungry she crys fornmilk. What food I should give her to stop this loose tools. I'm so confused. Food quantity small bowl. Help me.
My baby is 3.5 months old and his appetite is very less. He is not consuming proper milk. He is just consuming around 350 ml mother feed. His weight was 4.9 at 3 month old. Can I give liv 52 drops to increase his appetite? I am already giving him calcium, vitamin d and iron drops. Please suggest.
My wife delivered baby girl. Girl born within 8 month due to hypertension to my wife. After 1 year we r planning for baby. Same situation will prevail for next baby also due to this hypertension. How to avoid hypertension for next baby. Please advice.
Hi, My son is 3.5 years of age. He had 3 minor blood Dysentery in 2 months interval. Every time after a viral infection/fever. Stays for 0.5 to 1.5 days only and then with application of antibiotic goes away. My child specialist said it is normal. Is this really nothing to worry? We recently started fruit juice to him. Is it anything to do with Dysentery? Please advise.
Hi my baby is 1 year 7 month I left breast feed at 1 year 6 month. Back 3 days she suddenly vomited at afternoon then she start to vomit continue on that day then I showed doctor he told light fever is there then gave omit medicine then it stopped after 2nd day yesterday she stated to do motion 5to 6 times then today she passed motion 4, times and at night again she omitted let me know any solution why she is vomiting and motion whether she get new teeth so may be? Reply urgent please.
My two and half years old daughter sucks thumb. Is it safe to use female lotion to stop her to suck thumb?
Is it possible for my 9 month old kid to loose 500mg of weight in 1 month. She weighed arround 8.2 kgs one month back now she is 7.5 kg. She is active in all aspects crawls, giggles, baby talks, but is very fussy about eating. We struggle to make her feed. Hence we are worried. She passes stool almost everyday and urination is fine. Is this loss of weight normal.
My son is six years and eight months old. He is having problem of bedwetting, I have tried but still he has not overcome with this problem, kindly suggest what should so that he can overcome this problem.
Coughing is a common problem of the respiratory tract and often indicates a deeper problem. It can be very irritating and can affect eating habits and socialization. A cough which persists for more than 4 weeks is believed to be chronic in nature. Tuberculosis (TB) is the most common cause of chronic cough in India. TB is an airborne bacterial infection caused by the organism, 'Mycobacterium tuberculosis', that primarily affects the lungs, although other organs and tissues may be involved. Cardinal features are:
- Chronic cough with or without sputum.
- Fever more in the night time.
- Poor appetite.
- Unintentional weight loss.
Read on to know about other common causes of chronic cough and how to manage them.
- Allergies: People with allergies usually have a chronic cough, which gets aggravated when exposed to the allergens such as pollen or environmental dust. Staying away from allergen provides relief. Antihistamines are also useful, which most people detected with allergies keep in handy. Inhalers might be required, if there is associated congestion or shortness of breath.
- Asthma: This is a very common chronic condition, caused by inflammation and swelling of the lungs, in addition to wheezing and shortness of breath. Asthma patients often suffer from a chronic cough. An asthma attack usually happens during the night or early morning, and is triggered by colds, cigarette smoke, air pollutants or allergens, which can even include certain foods. Most asthmatics usually carry their steroids, inhalers, and bronchodilators, as the onset of attack can be unpredictable.
- Bronchitis: This condition of inflammation of the bronchial region is very common among smokers and among the elderly. There is excessive mucus accumulation, which the body tries to clear via coughing. The lungs are weakened and therefore, the coughing is painful.
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD): This is a problem of the digestive system, but regurgitation of food into the airway induces cough. GERD is a chronic issue and so most people also end up with a chronic cough. It is worse with sitting up than with sitting down. Treatment includes H2 blockers to suppress acid production and dietary changes including small, frequent meals and avoiding spicy food items.
- Upper airway cough syndrome: There could be multiple problems in the upper airway, which leads to a constant postnasal drip. Here, there is constant dripping of the sputum into the air passage, which can lead to a chronic cough whenever there is impaired air flow. This can be caused by various forms of chronic sinusitis and rhinitis. People diagnosed with this condition usually resort to antihistamines and decongestants for relief.
- Other causes: There are a number of other causes as noted below. Smoking, tuberculosis, congestive heart failure, pertussis or whooping cough, foreign body in the airway, cancer in the airway passage, chronic aspiration of foods, etc. can all lead to chronic cough.
The key is to identify the reason that is causing the chronic cough. Most people who are diagnosed are educated to handle it and carry the required medications including steroids, bronchodilators, and inhalers. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.