Find numerous Geriatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Geriatricians with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Geriatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Abdul Rahim KhanYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from cold and cough from last 3 months and when take medicine it reduces for 2 days and again creates a problem.
I am 25 year old mom with two month old daughter to whom I am breastfeeding. As I am having severe cold from two days ,my little one is also getting it. Please suggest any tablet for my cold so that I can protect my daughter.
My mother is 93 yrs. Old. She is physically ok but have dimensia. Nowadays she refuses to get up from the bed and some time refuses to even drink water for whole day. Please give your suggessions for handling her.
Dear Doctor Since two days when I sneeze or cough I get terrible pain on both sides of my ribs. How to stop this pain? Can I try hot foment Arion on the ribs. Please suggest some medicines to relieve the pain. I have no cold. When severe cold comes this usually comes which I know. If I do not sneeze or cough I do not get pain.
I have this sneezing and constantly running nose problem even when I don't drink or eat any cold things like ice- cream. I have tried each and every medicine. Help me. Due to the sneezing and running nose, my eyes have also started running.
Hi doctor. I has some problem regarding my health I has suffer from cold and cough. sir give me suggestion how to improve my health.
I am feeling cold during summers and having cold and cough. I am 46 years old boy. My sugar has increased and is coming 145. please tell me some medicines and treatments. Please help me. I am also having much body ache .
I am suffering from chronic cough please give me best treatment method for complete cure of cough and cold.
Due to climatic changes I suffer from many problems like cough, cold etc What the remedies I apply to ruined this problem.
Cough and cold is one of the most common health issues that can occur to anybody and everybody at any point of time. Nasopharynx is one of the leading causes of common cold. Cold symptoms highly affect your body's immunity power. It is always better to rely on natural products rather than medicated drugs so that speedy results can be gained and on the other hand, side-effects can also be prevented.
Common cold is the most common dosha disorder affecting human beings. Everyone has suffered from common cold at some point or other in their lives. Its symptoms are too well-known. In Ayurveda, this very ordinary ailment is called as Pratishyaya.
All the three doshas are responsible for the occurrence of common cold. Vata dosha common colds have dry coughs, little mucus discharge, hoarse voice, headache problem and a runny nose. People with pitta dosha who have common colds will have fever, sore throat, yellowish nasal discharge and continuous blockage of the nose. People with kapha dosha common colds have thick mucus discharges with dull headaches and heaviness of the head.
Major Ayurvedic products for treating cold:
Ayurveda is the ultimate solution for all kinds of health issues. There are few Ayurvedic products that can efficiently deal with cold symptoms, and they are as follows:
- Karpooradi thailam: It is for direct application over face and chest. Few drops need to be put in water and then the solution should be boiled so that you can take the steam. The solution not only reduces inflammation, but chest congestion can also be well treated.
- Thaleesapathradi choornam: excess cough can be easily released if you take it along with honey.
- Agasthya rasayanam: It is equipped with potential anti-histaminic properties, and thus it acts as a valuable decongestant.
- Fluvin capsules: These capsules are now treated as one of the excellent Ayurvedic solutions that can efficiently treat all kinds of cold symptoms. These capsules are enriched with anti-inflammatory and antiviral properties as a result of which cold symptoms can be easily cured, and you can get utmost relief. You also get increased immunity by having these capsules.
5 homemade solutions for dealing with cold symptoms:
- Drinking ginger tea: It improves taste buds and digestion can be stimulated as this tea is a decongestant.
- Having lemon juice: Both honey and water can be mixed with this juice in order to soothe the sore throat. Excess cough can be driven out and vitamin C intake is also boosted.
- Taking garlic: This ingredient is highly enriched with antiseptic properties and thus infectious elements can be eliminated. Garlic can be used both in supplements and soup and thus you can choose any of these forms.
- Drinking ginger juice: Water, Amla juice and honey can be mixed with ginger juice in order to create a magical solution that can treat all signs of cold. It not only plays the role of decongestant, but your immunity can also be improved by the same.
- Make tulsi preparation: Pepper and tulsi together create the most powerful combination, which drives away both toxins and infectious elements as a result of which suffering due to cold symptoms can be reduced, and you can get instant relief.