Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
My mother has been suffering from thyroid from over 3 years. Also she has a skin problem which develops a pinkish red coloured patch on her skin with a little bit touch.
Who is the vitamin in banana fruit? And high uric acid patients take this fruit and many fruit can take?
My husband masturbating since 10 years. My question is that .does hi able to get me pregnant .and is his sperms are able to produce child .does he become father. please reply as soon as possible.
I am 52 years old & a diabetic person to control blood sugar which drugs I should I take after all my sugar level is around 280 to 350 pl. Advice.
I am 50 years old I am suffering with sugar last 10 years. At present I am unable to sex like previously. How to improve the stamina for sex for long time with hot rod. Kindly give suggestions.
What is thyroid and how much does it affects a human (ladies aged 50 and above) what are the treatments available?
Lipicure tablet is given to a diabetic can non diabetic use it for what it is given and it is a atorvastatin and fenofibrate combined.
I am diebetic for last 12 years, despite taking oral medicine of all sorts, combi drugs, metformin, pioglitasone etc etc my fasting sugar remained at high level of 140-180 range, almost equal or more to the PP level, but recently both the level showed around 280 while the Hb1C was 8.9, which is the highest till date. What should I do?
Hi I am 35 years old and married , , I got diagnosed type 2 diabetics one year back, I am under medication taking 2 tablets daily, my sugar level is 140 and 200, I am suffering erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation, I am unable have sex, please suggest the medicine and best treatment. Should I go for allopathic or Ayurveda.
Sir, my mom is having diabetes type 2 she is in great depression because of that can you help me to solve her problem.
I am a diabetic patient suffering from 3 years and 2 months back gall bladder was removed from my body. What type of precautions should I take to keep good health and what type of food habits should I follow. Please tell me.
I am 55 years old male having problem of high uric acid since many yrs. I am pure vegetarian non smoker non drinker person still having this problem. Generally level is between 6 and 7.5. Is there any homeopathic medicine for this. My cousin also have this problem. I am in prediabetes condition.
I am 31 year and 48 days pregnant. In blood test report my thyroid level is 11.6 so I am suffering from hyperthyroidism. Is it dangerous for my pregnancy? which medicine can decrease my thyroid level?
I am 32 year old suffering from diabetes disease, using only glimstar m2 forte 2 times a day, kindly suggest what should I do ?
Are you suffering from diabetes? If yes, then it’s time for you to be extra careful about your health. Diabetes may cause several other diseases as well. You must check your lifestyle and take medical efforts to get rid of diabetes as soon as possible.
You are at risk of developing nerve damages (neuropathy), vascular injuries and other heart diseases, regardless of your age, sex or other external or internal factors. Diabetes patients must strive to maintain fasting blood glucose levels less than 110 mg/dL and hemoglobin HbA1C level less than 7%. Also, diabetes patients should keep a check on blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
Here’s how diabetes can affect your overall health:
1. Check your heart: There is a correlation between blood pressure, cholesterol levels and diabetes. Researchers have found that high bad cholesterol levels act as a hindrance to insulin regulation. People with diabetes are more likely to develop heart-related diseases. About 60% diabetes patients die due to heart attacks. Diabetes is responsible for hardening of arteries or atherosclerosis. This situation is dangerous and can cause heart attacks, strokes or other chronic diseases.
2. Neuropathy: Diabetes leads to impaired nerve function. This is called neuropathy. This condition is of two types: Peripheral (which affects toes, feet, legs, hand and arms) and Autonomic (which affects digestion, bowel, bladder, heart and sexual activity). Symptoms of neuropathy include tingling, weakness, burning sensation, numbness in the limbs, digestive disorders, infection of the bladder and erectile dysfunction.
3. Nephropathy: Diabetes is responsible for causing damage to the kidneys as well. This is called nephropathy. In this condition, the filters in the kidney or glomeruli get damaged. As a result, there is a leakage of protein in the urine. Consequently, kidneys get damaged. Urine showing small amounts of protein is an indication of kidney damage. About 20-40% patients suffering from diabetes die due to renal failure. The symptoms of renal disorder due to diabetes include itching, fatigue, urine with protein, swelling of feet and ankles and pale skin colour.
4. Foot ulcers and amputations: Diabetes causes non-injury amputations as it affects the nerve in the limbs, especially foot. Usually, minor infections in the foot may lead to ulcers and later require amputation. In rare cases, Charcot joint or Charcot foot may also occur. This is called neuropathic arthropathy. The symptoms include swelling and reddening of the foot. The bones of the affected foot have a tendency to develop cracks, deforming the entire region.
5. Retinopathy: Diabetes leads to blindness in adults. The eye disorder caused due to diabetes is called retinopathy. Patients with diabetes develop cataract easily. The capillaries and blood vessels in the retina get damaged or obstructed, resulting in damage to the entire retina. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.