Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Aarthi SundarrajanYour feedback matters!
I am 30 years old. And got cavities in my teeth what should I do now if your answer is filling. Which filling is batter.
Hello, sir m apne ap m kamjor feel krta hu na hi active feel krta hu or baccho ki tarah thakaa hua feel krta hu. Or tension m zyada rehta hu choti choti baat ko lekar or m khoob paani peeta hu lekin daanto se khoon at a h please help sir.
My front teeth (lower right lateral and lower right central and lower left central) are shaking little bit I am not experiencing pain or something but its shaking little bit what are the treatments that I have to undergo to make the shaking tooth strong and firm again?
My son is 3.5 year old and having cavities in his teeth. I consult to local dentist. He suggested to do 3d scan of jaw. So we do the test. After checking the report doctor told to do root canal of 8 teeth. Four no of front and other 4 are rear tooth. So my worry is that, can we go for root canal treatment and there is no effect of this treatment on his permanent teeth later. Please suggest. There is no child specialist at my town.
What you must know before you get root canal treatment
Root canal treatment also known as endodontics is performed to treat and heal an infected or badly damaged tooth rather than removing it. When your teeth start decaying, you do not feel any pain for a very long time. However, gradually the darkening of your tooth color may become prominent which could mean that the tooth nerve is dying or has died. That's the time you will need root canal treatment which involves cleaning of the canals inside the roots of your tooth.
Why you may need the root canal treatment
Teeth consist of a soft core known as dental pulp. This pulp goes beyond the crown and the noticeable part of your tooth to the root tip inside your jawbone. The pulp contains blood vessels, nerves, and connective tissue. So when your tooth is damaged or has a severe cavity, bacteria can easily make their way through the pulp. Symptoms and signs of a sore tooth include a hole in your tooth, a swelling around the regions of your face and neck, gum swelling, tooth pain or a toothache and temperature sensitivity. If it is left untreated, the decaying material and bacteria can cause a tooth abscess or severe infection, resulting in a bone loss, pulp death and even loss of the tooth itself. The root canal treatment is the best way to save the damaged teeth and escaping the painful process of extraction.
What does the treatment involve?
The purpose of the treatment is to free your root canal from every possible infection. The root is then cleaned and filled to avoid any further infection.
Root canal treatment is a skilled procedure which is time-consuming and usually requires from 2-3 visits to your dentist.
In the initial stage, the infected pulp is isolated to drain out abscesses (if any), followed by the cleaning of your root canal which is then prepared for a temporary filling.
Your tooth is then left to settle down.
In the next visit, your tooth is checked to see whether it’s free from all forms of infection so that it can be permanently filled.
Related Tip: Only 6 Basics That Beat Bad Breath
I am facing problem with sensitive teeth. I used different tooth pastes like sensodyne and colgate sensitive nothing could solve my problem. What is the reason. If loss of enamel is the reason then how to restore it.
I am Suffering from Gum Bleeding , Soiling, and Gum pain since Nine to 10 month and I am also concert with my dentist from time to time but no permanent relief. When I am take medicine just relief for week or month.
Hi; I get blood out of my gums when I brush my teeth every morning and due to this I get bad breath problem What is home remedy to cure this?
Sir mere teeth bahut he dirty colour k dikhte hai aur smell bhi bahut buri aati hai jab ki mai colgate toothpaste daily karta hu, fir koi asar nahi hai sir kaise bhi ye problem dur kijiye sir.
I have been through root canal for one of my tooth. It was ok when it was done but after two days I got pain there which lasted for 3-4 days and it itself got cured ,I mean without any use any tablets I've got relief from it. It's around 6 months from the date I have done root canal, suddenly it started to pain from yesterday. The outer look of cap was perfect. Pain was uncontrollable even after taking pain killer it's paining after 5 hours. Can any one tell me the reason and precautions, what should be followed.
Hii sir. I have a problem in facing blood coming from gums and full teeth is visible and bleeding is coming a lot. I went to checkup but they gave tooth paste name senquel-f but it's not solve what should I do for the bleeding please help me.
He have ache in the teeth and doctor told that only one solution is the remove the teeth from mouthe.
Plaque is a film that forms over the teeth. This film is sticky in nature and it is also colorless. It is formed due the presence of bacteria and materials secreted by the bacteria. Plaque has the potential to damage the enamel of the tooth. If plaque is not treated within a reasonable amount of time, then it becomes hard in texture and causes even more damage.
Reasons that cause plaque:
1. Failure to brush every day: This is the chief reason behind the formation of plaque. Teeth must be brushed twice every day in order to keep them clean and healthy. If food particles remain stuck in the groves of the teeth, they can lead to many problems, like cavities and plaque. Each area of the teeth should be cleaned with a suitable toothbrush. The insides of the teeth should not be neglected.
2. Failure to floss every day: Flossing is unfortunately not so common in India. Brushing helps to keep the teeth clean overall but it does not reach some of the spaces between the teeth. Flossing is therefore required to make sure that the plaque on the gum line and other problematic areas are removed.
3. Excessive consumption of sweet and sugary food: Foods like cakes, muffins, sweetmeats, cold drinks, ice creams etc contain carbohydrates which the bacteria tend to feed on. In the process of creating the film of plaque, they turn the sugar into acid, which causes damage to the tooth. Such foods should, therefore, be avoided as they cause plaque.
4. Avoiding natural foods that improve teeth: There are many natural foods which keep teeth healthy. Failing to include such foods in one's diet could lead to the formation of plaque. Fruits and vegetables like guava or carrots can serve this purpose.
5. Failing to visit the dentist regularly: Since dentists are experts when it comes to taking care of death, everyone should make sure to get dental checkups regularly. Even if one flosses and brushes regularly, plaque may still form. A dentist should be consulted regularly to check if any such formation has occurred. Failure to this may cause the formation of even more plaque and more damage.
Related Tip: The Chemistry between Calcium and Teeth?