Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
What are the symptoms, side effects, precautions of malaria, typhoid tube, rculous &tb, diarrhoea, cholera, jaundice, aids, piles, pneumonia, small pox, chicken fox, chicken guinea?
What we I have do in summer taking care from sun rays and masturbates effect on health in summer day.
Hello doctor! My father has diabetes (type 2), high cholesterol and high blood pressure. He is of 56 years old and of 5'5 height and 67 kgs. Can you please suggest a diet chart for a day for him, I'm really worried about him. And what other things which needs to be done to keep him healthy. Thank you doctor.
I need some ayurvedic medicine which acts like viagra or cialis or any other sexual enhancing drug. My penis starts to become soft as soon as I enter the vagina with a condom. Please help.
Facts of Sodium
1. Sodium is a component of salt which is an essential ingredient of our diet. It is also known as sodium chloride (NaCl) in which sodium is 40% and chloride is 60%.
2. Sodium is an important mineral which maintains water balance in our body.
3. Sodium regulates the blood pressure with potassium.
4. It is involved in the proper functioning of both nerve impulses and muscles within the body.
5. It is added for flavour enhancement and to increase the self-life of certain food.
6. Processed and preserved food e.g. Cheese, condiments, fast foods, pickles, sauces soup, some frozen vegetables and canned food usually have high sodium content.
7. It is used as dressing for salad etc.
8. The body needs only a small amount of sodium to function properly. I. E, 500 milligrams /day. Usually. Fda recommends 2300 milligrams /day.
9. The sodium portion of the salt is associated with high blood pressure.
10. In India, hypertension disease burden which in the year 2007 was 125 million is expected to become 214 million by 2025.
11. It is essential to control the sodium intake which plays an important role in hypertension.
12. Salt sodium conversion will help us to reduce the sodium content
A. 1/4 teaspoon salt = 575 mg sodium
B. 1/2 teaspoon salt = 1, 150 mg sodium
C. 3/4 teaspoon salt = 1, 725 mg sodiu
D. 1 teaspoon salt = 2, 300 mg sodium
13. For optimal heart health, the American heart association recommends people aim to eat no more than 1, 500 milligrams of sodium per day i.e. approximately tsp salt daily