Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. A V Shailesh Rao
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. A V Shailesh RaoYour feedback matters!
My daughter is 8 years fell in floor from standing condition suddenly and was hurt at her back of head. She became unconscious for couple of minutes. Advised by her paediatrician we got her Brain MRI. The report tells" shows features suggestive of small signal abnormalities in bilateral periventricular white matter - likely due to encephalomalacic lesions" Other reports such as EEG, Echo, ECG, CBC (blood) are normal. TSH is slightly elevated 4.7 and Vit D is slightly less. What is it exactly? In case there has been any damage to her brain tissue, is it irreversible? Any remedy?
My brother is 28 years old he had an accident and had head injury in right side doctor operated him and he got recovered after some days he had meningitis infection and doctors did again a surgery but after that he did not recover and still not alert just conscious only and completely bedridden. Pls help and suggest it's been 3 months now.
I have suffered from migraine. Due to this I have lot of. Pain in my head. So please solve my. Problem.
What do these symptoms indicate: Fatigue, Generalised pain especially in legs, a bit of insomnia, paraesthesia, mild depression, poor concentration, stiffness, knee and elbow pain occasional sense of imbalance.
Hi I work as a research analyst. So we deal with chemical. In spite of all precautions I sometimes face serious headache on right side. Is this migraine? Please suggest me a solution as it's effect my carrier growth.
Sleep is known to most as a period of rest and relaxation, but there are multiple disorders which are associated with sleep too. Hypersomnolence or hypersomnia is one of the most common sleep disorders. This is characterised by excessive daytime sleepiness and prolonged periods of sleep at night. They wake up fresh in the morning, but can easily go back to sleep any time of the day without feeling strained or tired. There is again no freshness associated upon waking up. Funny as it may sound, they can doze off even during a meal or in the middle of a conversation.
Causes: This condition is most common in men and in the early adolescent days.
- There is no underlying cause that has been identified, though there is a genetic predisposition.
- People with history of head trauma are more affected
- People with anxiety, depression, bipolar disorders, epilepsy, and other mental disorders are also more likely to be affected
- People with sleep apnea often are hypersomnolence
- Restless legs syndrome, narcolepsy
- Neurodegenerative disorders like Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s tend to sleep more.
- Sleeping for longer hours at night time
- Excessively sleepy during daytime
- Able to doze off anytime during the day
- Inappropriate and involuntary sleeping pattern
- Having difficulty getting out of bed after waking up, even after prolonged sleep
- Feeling of disorientation
- Feeling agitated, anxious, lethargic, and irritated
- Impaired cognition and memory
- All these lead to extreme state of drowsiness
- Increased tendency for hallucinations
- Reduced appetite and even weight loss in some people
- There is restlessness, reduced pace of thinking and speaking
- Overall reduced energy levels
- Social interactions are affected including work life, social functions, etc.
- If a person happens to sleep more at night or falls asleep during the day easily for more than 3 times a week, it is usually concerning.
- The added feature of no tiring physical activity can also lead to suspicion
- In acute cases, these symptoms are present for at least a month and in chronic cases, it could be seen for up to 3 months
- It cannot be explained by lack of sleep on a regular basis
- One or more of the above conditions could be present, which can help in making the diagnosis
Most cases of hypersomnia would need treatment only to improve their energy levels and improve the quality of life. Very often, treating the underlying condition can lead to improvement of hypersomnia. The tired, lethargic, restless feeling affects the overall performance of a person, leaving them with a lowered self-esteem. Brain stimulating drugs like amphetamines are used to improve daytime alertness and also reduce sleepy feeling during the day. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.