Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. A V Shailesh RaoYour feedback matters!
I have migraine over 6 years, I have been undergoing treatment but as of now I stopped due to multiple intake of capsules. Could you let me know how can get rid of migraine without using any capsules? Is it possible?
My mother in law has been suffering from hands shaking for a month. And today she is feeling sleeping sickness. She has been sleeping since last night with small gap. She awakes for a little while. Please suggest what should do?
Can anyone please suggest me what could be the possible reason for burning sensation and vibrations in legs? Even normal, uric acid normal, no slip disc, hlab 27 negative, anti gad negative, anti vgkc negative, haemoglobin normal, sugar level normal? Please help me? Is there any possibility of heart blockage?
Hi, I am 25 year male. I have chronic insomnia for past 6 months. I couldn't sleep for minute. Could I have pineal gland problem? Also I need to masturbate a lot this time, like compulsion. Also I feel that I am dying slowly, that my consciousness is decreasing. I have read somewhere that pineal gland is seat of consciousness. Could this all problem related to pineal gland? Which doctor should I consult? What are treatments?
Hi My uncle had Parkinson's at the age of 73. Unka dimaag kharab ho gaya tha. Woh maid ko ched dete the. Thoda character loose ho gaya tha. I I hope this character kharab hona is not the symptom of Parkinson's or its medicines. N it is not necessary I that all Parkinson's patient behave like my uncle Please give me positive reply.
I often suffer from migraine. Specially when I go to sleep. And sometimes when I be sleeping, both my nostrils get blocked. What these symptoms are about? And what treatment should I go for?
My mother is a CVA patient since 2013 June & since then she can't perform day to day activities on her own. She has got paralysis on her left side. Since then physiotherapy was regularly done with her but with no result. So I am asking if there is any medicine to treat her at this stage?
I am 35 years old female. I have migraine for last 22 years. It's affecting my day to day life. Earlier it used be only headache. Now I get headache, eye pain, numbness in arms n legs, also I see sm image in front of my eye like a thin horizontal line. Headache happens after every 5 or 6 days. Donot get relief with pain killers also. No vomiting but spinning of head is there. Can't bear loud music, sunlight and also travelling has become difficult. Its a throbbing pounding pain on one side n sometimes near the ear. Please suggest medicine.
Although surgery is considered to be the first step of treatment in any form of tumor but its feasibility depends upon the type, size and location of the tumor. It is not necessary that every kind of brain tumor might require surgery.
Indications of Brain Tumor Surgery
- Diagnosis of the type of tumor by taking a sample of the tumor for laboratory examination
- Complete resection of tumor
- Removal of the tumor as much as possible to slow down its growth and improve the symptoms.
- Remove the tumor in order to help other treatment
- Provide direct access for other forms of treatment like chemotherapy, radiotherapy etc.
- To relieve pressure caused by tumor on surrounding structures
Types of Brain Tumor Surgery
The different types of surgery that are performed in cases of brain tumor include the following:
1. Craniotomy: Craniotomy is the most commonly performed procedure to remove brain tumor along with a piece of bone. The removed bone is replaced and the tumor is sent for histopathology (biopsy). The surgery is performed using a high end microscope by any of the following techniques:
- Extended bifrontal craniotomy
- "Eyebrow" craniotomy (supra-orbital craniotomy)
- "Keyhole" craniotomy (retro-sigmoid craniotomy)
- Orbitozygomatic craniotomy
- Translabyrinthine craniotomy
2. Shunt: A narrow piece of flexible tube with a pressure regulated valve in between is called a shunt. This is used to relieve the intracranial pressure caused by obstruction of the natural brain fluid (CSF) pathway by tumor mass. The procedure involves insertion of a drainage system into the brain to remove or drain excess of blocked fluid into the peritoneal cavity.
3. Stereotactic surgery: This surgery is done by creating a three-dimensional image called stereotaxy using computers. It aims to find out the location and position of the tumor. In fact it can also be done to aid tumor removal, implant radiation pellets or for other treatments.
4. Embolization: It is a procedure used to reduce the amount of blood supply to a tumor by blocking the blood flow in the selected arteries. It is generally performed before the main surgery.
Endoscopy and endoscope assisted surgery: Endoscope is the tool which helps to closely visualize the tissue through small openings in difficult to reach areas. This tool can be used in various brain surgeries to precisely reach the target location without damaging the adjacent structures.
Adjuvant modalities to improve outcome: In addition to above mentioned surgeries, following surgeries may also be performed in relation to brain tumor treatment:
- Laser surgery
- Photodynamic laser surgery
- Ultrasonic aspiration
- Fluorescent-guided surgery
- Electrophysiological monitoring. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurosurgeon.
I have migraine problem and it higher at the time when I am in stress give medicine or treatment for it please suggest me something for that.
I suffer from head aches more often. May be because of tension or migraine. Doctors gave me dolo and stemtill. Sometimes pain reduces and sometimes not. Once I get severe head aches then drugs don't help me. Which is the best medicine for head aches and how to prevent it.
Sir I feel every time a burning sensation on my hand. So what is the advise for me about this matter?
I am suffering from severe pain in the area of neck, forehead and eyes. Actually I have got migraine from teenager but it's not the attack of migraine I am suffering now. From past days I am in confusion and as prescribed by doctor long back viz 2 years in case of headache I am taking NAXODYM 500 MG whenever I feel severe but now even my condition is getting worse and these tablets does work and again I have got pain. As I keep on taking these medicines my condition will be good. So please suggest me what to do and my condition is really worse, amd I am not getting sleep properly.
1. Sinus and Homeopathic cure: Sinusitis is the inflammation or infection of one or more of the sinuses. It can be caused by a virus, bacteria, fungus, allergies or excessive nose blowing and results in the blockage of the sinus opening. Sinusitis can be acute (lasting 4 or lesser weeks), subacute (lasting 4 to 8 weeks), chronic (lasting beyond 8 weeks) and recurring (several attacks in a year).
There are different remedies available to treat the different symptoms of sinusitis, which work together to completely cure it by boosting the body's immune system without having any side effects.
Homeopathy for Nasal Polyps: Soft growths arising from the mucous membrane of the nose or paranasal sinus are referred to as nasal polyps and causes acute sinusitis. The most common treatment option suggested by a conventional system in nasal polyps is surgical removal. In most cases, nasal polyps reappear after surgery. However, surgery is a temporary fix since it does not address the body's tendency to form polyps. Homeopathy, on the other hand, offers a permanent solution by treating the root cause.
Following six homeopathic medicines are usually recommended for nasal polyps - Lemna Minor, Sanguinaria Can, Calcarea Carb, Kali Bichrome, Teucrium, and Phosphorus.
2. Migraine and Homeopathic cure: A migraine is a headache that causes a distinct pulsating pain, usually in one side of the head. It is different from normal headaches in the sense that the pain is much more intense and it may be accompanied by nausea or vomiting as well.
Some of the common and known causes, which may trigger migraines in people are:
Dehydration is known to trigger migraines: Patients with hypoglycemia may also face migraines if the blood sugar level drops within their body. Change in air pressure due to change in altitude may also cause migraine. - Lack of sleep - Stress
Remedies for Migraine in Homeopathy:
- Glonoine: For people who frequently have migraines due to congestion of the sinuses, this medicine has been known to be very effective.
- Spigelia: To treat migraines in the left side of the head.
- Natrum Mur: This provides great relief from migraines, which may have been caused by stress. Also, if a proper dosage is taken, it can help cure it as well.
- Belladonna: This had been known to be a great provider of relief for people who regularly face throbbing headaches.