Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Assistive Walking Device Training
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Brain Suite Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Cerebral Vascular Surgery
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Procedure
Decompression Microvascular Surgery
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Paralysis
Submit a review for Dr. A V Shailesh RaoYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from migraine from 2009. Sometimes the pain is very severe and unbearable. Please help me out with a permanent cure for it.
Getting good sleep is important in maintaining health. There are several things that you can do to promote good sleep, and ultimately Get Better Sleep.
What is sleep hygiene?
Sleep hygiene is defined as behaviors that one can do to help promote good sleep using behavioral interventions.
Sleep hygiene tips:
Maintain a regular sleep routine
- Go to bed at the same time. Wake up at the same time. Ideally, your schedule will remain the same (+/- 20 minutes) every night of the week.
Avoid naps if possible
- Naps decrease the ‘Sleep Debt’ that is so necessary for easy sleep onset.
- Each of us needs a certain amount of sleep per 24-hour period. We need that amount, and we don’t need more than that.
- When we take naps, it decreases the amount of sleep that we need the next night – which may cause sleep fragmentation and difficulty initiating sleep, and may lead to insomnia.
Don’t stay in bed awake for more than 5-10 minutes.
- If you find your mind racing, or worrying about not being able to sleep during the middle of the night, get out of bed, and sit in a chair in the dark. Do your mind racing in the chair until you are sleepy, then return to bed. No TV or internet during these periods! That will just stimulate you more than desired.
- If this happens several times during the night, that is OK. Just maintain your regular wake time, and try to avoid naps.
Don’t watch TV or read in bed.
- When you watch TV or read in bed, you associate the bed with wakefulness.
- The bed is reserved for two things – sleep and hanky panky.
Drink caffeinated drinks with caution
- The effects of caffeine may last for several hours after ingestion. Caffeine can fragment sleep, and cause difficulty initiating sleep. If you drink caffeine, use it only before noon.
- Remember that soda and tea contain caffeine as well.
Avoid inappropriate substances that interfere with sleep
- Cigarettes, alcohol, and over-the-counter medications may cause fragmented sleep.
- Exercise before 2 pm every day. Exercise promotes continuous sleep.
- Avoid rigorous exercise before bedtime. Rigorous exercise circulates endorphins into the body which may cause difficulty initiating sleep
- Have a quiet, comfortable bedroom
- Set your bedroom thermostat at a comfortable temperature. Generally, a little cooler is better than a little warmer.
- Turn off the TV and other extraneous noise that may disrupt sleep.
- Background ‘white noise’ like a fan is OK.
- If your pets awaken you, keep them outside the bedroom.
- Your bedroom should be dark. Turn off bright lights.
- Have a comfortable mattress.
If you are a ‘clock watcher’ at night, hide the clock.
Have a comfortable pre-bedtime routine
- A warm bath, shower
- Meditation, or quiet time
I am 70 years old suffering from diabetes for last 20 years and hypothyroid. My h1bac is 6.1. I have undergone angioplasty in jan, 2010. My lipids and kft & lft are normal. I am suffering from unbearable pain, numbness and tingling in my feet. My nerves of feet get stretched and it appears that there is some padding at the bottom of feet. I am generally constipated and taking triphla at night. I find difficulty in walking fast and long distances as I feel weakness in thighs. I am on allopathic medicines for diabetes and heart problem. Please advise. .
I am a 21 years old girl. I am suffering from migraine. When I take some stress a strong pain starts. It makes me irritating. From a month I am not getting proper sleep also. Is there is any connection between this?
I am Subham 21 year old and I have problem related to my head. When I am trying to concentrate on anything e. G studies, playing video game my head starts crushing me from all side. I think its a special type of migraine which was affecting me from past one year. So I went to the doctor clinic.
Hi I'm 73 years old I have been suffering from hand shivering around 2 years it has been increased now I have tried many medicines the doctors say it is like Parkinson's disease what should I do to stop shaking my hands? The I forget thing very often Is there any way to increase my memory?
Hello Doctors, I consulted a homeopathy doctor for trembling / shaking of legs & hands. He gave me tranquil tablets - SBL are they good for the my condition. Thanks
I am feeling numbness on my right hand for 3-4 days. Please help me understanding what could be my problem. Thank you.
My wife's upper body, stomach, chest, both hands & arms has gone kind of numb since 2 days now. What do we do? Which specialist should we see?
Autism is a condition that afflicts many children around the globe and continues well into adulthood, with far-ranging and lifelong repercussions. While there is no permanent cure for this debilitating condition, one can turn to a number of treatments and management methods in order to take care of the symptoms and suppress the onset of the same. Let us find out more about the causes of the condition as well as the diagnosis, diet and homeopathic treatment for the same.
This is a neurological disease that children are usually born with. It may arise due to genetic or environmental factors. This is a complex ailment that has a bearing on the social and communication skills of the child and it affects his/her development as the child grows into an adult. Intake of drugs and other kinds of harmful medications during pregnancy are the most notable causes of this disease, while a faulty carrier gene could also bring on this condition in many cases. Exposure to many kinds of chemicals may also lead to the onset of this condition.
While there are no lab tests that can determine the presence of this condition, doctors usually conduct the diagnosis on the basis of the symptoms, including constant tantrums, repetition of words as well as slurring, and over sensitivity towards pain. Further, a clinical evaluation based on the milestones touched by the child in the development process will also be studied carefully in order to make the right diagnosis. Screening tests can help determine the presence of this condition.
There is a large body of medical practitioners who hold the belief that the diet of a patient can have a large bearing on how he or she reacts to autism and its symptoms. As per many medical studies, it is known that these patients are not able to digest gluten and casein very well, which is why they should eliminate the same from their diet. Therefore, the patients must stick to gluten-free food like rice, vegetables, corn, soy and even fruits. Further, they should even try to avoid casein-rich food like dairy.
These medicines should always be prescribed by a doctor. There are about 20 different types of medicines available to treat and manage the symptoms, especially if they arise due to genetic reasons. These may be prescribed for a period of six months to one year at a time, depending on the severity of the symptoms. The Houston Homeopathy Method has been known to give relief to over hundreds of children suffering from this ailment. Constitutional homeopathy can also be used in such cases so as to bring some respite from the symptoms.