Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. A. V RaviprakashYour feedback matters!
Good evening! I am having headache from about 10 days and I am not feeling well. The headache instead of reducing. Is increasing day by day. Should I consult an eye specialist or any medicine would be enough?
I have eye problem while I want to read some thing it's not to read. I am not able to read. What may be the problem?
I am 18 year old male. I had a very sedentary lifestyle for 2 years till now due to my education and I am overweight. Maybe this will help you explain the following symptoms. I have a pain sensation in my leg extending to the feet. Sometimes it is mostly a little pain sensation or weakness near the knee. Sometimes I have a burning pain in my fingers (not sure if it is finger joints) which grows and suddenly drops and is gone. I have been having a twitching left eye for nearly a week. And also I have problem of acidity mostly after junk and spicy food or if I have an empty stomach. Please tell what possibly could be the problem or is it just because of lifestyle?
Today morning I had symptoms of conjunctivitis. I consulted a doctor today .i think I am having viral conjunctivitis because I am having cold for the last one week. How many days it will take to cure.
Can you ppl please which hospital is good for basic treatment for eye and I have a question that it covers insurance or nor and cost of the treatment?
I have red eyes for over 3 days? What should I do? What is the reason for red eye? Is it a communicable disease or what should be the precautions needed to avoid it?
Who will cure my eye redness problem sir. Redness since many years 6/6 no visual problem only optic nerve pain.
Vision problem. I am 22 years old. and a doctor suggest me to wear power 1 eye glass. .will I have to regularly wear the eyeglass? Because I do not want to eyeglasses. Please suggest me any medicine or healthy food plan, and exercise for eyes. Thank you so much in advance.?
Whenever I see laptop for long time. My eyes and neck will pain so much. I consulted doc and he gave specs but of no use. Even I get water from my eyes. What should be done to overcome this.
I get headaches so often since 2 years. Doctors said its migraine. I still had some doubt cos my headache gets severe only when i spend more time on laptops and mobile. Is it related to eye strain or is it migraine ?
I have some allergy in my eyes when I walk up in the morning I always found some dandruff at the top of my eye.
I have red eyes in after 15 days but when I wash the face, so my eyes is normal I means not an red its is a true situation. please provide any tips.
The problem of baggy eyes are characterized by puffiness or swelling under your eyelids. Common factors like aging and genetics are often responsible for the development of under eye bags. It makes your eyes appear swollen due to fluid buildup in the blood vessels that are present around your eyes. Since the skin around your eyes is extremely delicate, which makes it prone to the development of puffiness.
The following are 4 ways that can restore the life of your eyes:
- To reduce the fluid retention: Drink at least 8 to 10 glasses of water on a regular basis, as water aids in flushing out the excessive salt from your system that is responsible for the development of puffy eyes. In order to reduce the risk of fluid retention, keep your head elevated while you sleep with the help of pillows.
- To treat dark circle and baggy eyes: One of the simplest homemade remedies to lessen the appearance of dark circles and baggy eyes is through the utilization of fresh cucumber or potato slices. Place the slices of either potato or cucumber on your eyes and keep it on for 5 to 10 minutes; follow the regime on a regular basis. It is proven to provide satisfactory results in lessening the severity of puffiness and dark circles.
- To reduce the swelling: Place frozen tea bags on your closed eyes for 10-15 minutes. It will reduce the persistent swelling in the eye region. Ice compresses or chamomile tea, sage broth and green tea can also be utilized to treat the swelling effectively.
- Long term prevention: A balanced diet and proper rest can help to prevent the appearance of baggy eyes and dark circles in the long run. Incorporate a lot of fresh green and leafy vegetables and seasonal fruits in your diet. Follow a diet that is low in carbohydrate content and comprises of nuts and whole grains, which are rich in vitamin C, vitamin A and vitamin E. Avoid excessive intake of sodium, especially the ones that contain different types of added preservatives. Carbonated and caffeinated drinks tend to increase the risk of developing baggy eyes therefore; it is advisable to keep its consumption to minimum. Get at least 8 hours of sound sleep to ensure proper rest for your eyes as lack of adequate rest tends to aggravate the problem of baggy eyes.
I've got my c3r done in both my eyes. But there is always an urge to rub my eyes. Can you tell me what are the ways by which I can take some precautions. And is there any thing to worry about.
Most types of eye sight problems, such as short sight (minus power) or long sight (plus power) can be corrected by these procedures.
The benefits are clear:
• First of all, It works! It corrects vision. Around 96% of patients will have their desired vision after LASIK. An enhancement, if at all needed, can further increase this number.
• LASIK is associated with very little pain due to the numbing drops that are used. The discomfort experienced hardly lasts few seconds.
• Vision is corrected nearly immediately or by the next day after LASIK.
• No bandages or stitches are required after LASIK.
• Adjustments can be made years after LASIK to further correct vision if vision changes while you age.
• After having LASIK, most patients have a dramatic reduction in eyeglass or contact lens dependence and many patients no longer need them at all.
The actual procedure:
Basically, Lasik or Laser Vision Correction can be done in different ways. The most commonly done procedure needs a thin flap to be taken from the cornea ( the curved glass like structure which makes the front of our eyes ). This flap making can be done by an automated, very thin, rotating blade (microkeratome) or by a very advanced Laser, called Femtosecond. The femtosecond laser option is the best, but also the most expensive, may not be suitable for all eyes. After creating the flap, the next most important part is the application of excimer laser, which is a must for all Laser Vision Correction procedures.
There are few side effects or complications, but most of them can be prevented by careful preoperative planning or can be overcome by treatment or eye drops after the procedure.