Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Hi. I have many dental problems. 1) my 2 lower molars are missing due to cavity. I lost them 3 years back. 2) my front teetch is arched outside, so I want to add clip. Smiling is not a good idea for me. 3) my upper pre-molar is decayed, it is paining everyday, pain killers doesnt even reduce the pain. So, now I need either to fill it with amalgam or remove it as well. I need your suggestion. Thank you.
I used gutkha. Now my mouth is not opening completely. What should I do at home (without going to hospital)? Please help me.
From last one month I suffered from tooth pain. When I consult with doctor. He did RCT of teeth. But pain remain same. After that pull out this teeth. (20 days ago). But the pain is again same. doctor said now its dry socket of teeth. I have take medicine of dry socket. And rinse my mouth with salt water daily. But there is no relief. Then wht should I do please tell?
Regarding my re rct I have got 2 opinions, one dentist is suggesting re rct, crown lengthening, post and core and then cap, another dentist is saying to leave it as it is for now as there is no pain, just put a cap on, I am confused pls advise, the x ray showed one white root not touching the bottom and some black accumulation at the bottom also.
From last 1-2 months my mouth bleeds (cavity) And there is also a bad smell which comes from my mouth. Kindly suggest what precaution should I take.
One of the main reasons of a severe headache is a prolonged toothache. Toothaches are extremely painful and can prevent you from enjoying your food. It becomes difficult to speak if toothache is unbearable.
Causes of Toothache:
Tooth fracture resulting from an accident.
A painful infection at the root of your teeth or your gums. This is known as tooth abscess.
Chewing gum continuously and grinding the teeth.
How does toothache cause headache?
Sometimes, a tooth becomes very inflamed and since the nerve endings are connected to the brain, this, in turn makes the pain travel to different parts of your head. Generally, people with bad cavities or caries have major headaches and migraines.
The inside of a tooth consists of a pulp. This pulp can get infected. If this tooth happens to lie in the upper jaw, then the pain is transferred to the head which can cause a severe headache.
Headaches can also be caused by TMJD (Temporomandibular joint dysfunction). This usually occurs spreading from the face, jawline and neck right up to the head. In extreme cases, the jaws might be locked up and it makes clicking or grinding noises. Misalignment of the teeth can be a cause by TMJD which in turn affects the head greatly.
- If you are detected with TMJD, your jaws need to be healed, first thing you should do is to visit an expert dentist in order to get the underlying cause of toothache treated. It is always recommended to get a proper treatment started, do not emphasize the use of self-medications.
- If the headache persists due to toothache, it is advisable to take a painkiller as prescribed by your dentist.
- Use an ice pack or a towel dipped in cold icy water, and hold it against the area of toothache. Do not put ice directly on your tooth as it might increase the pain ten folds due to tooth sensitivity.
- You can also apply numbing gel so that your tooth stops hurting. This in turn, will make your headache reduce.
- Toothache is also caused by small amounts of food which get stuck inside your teeth or between your gums, so it is necessary to clean your teeth thoroughly and floss it regularly to avoid toothache.
- Avoid chocolates and sweets. If you still get a cavity, you should visit your dentist immediately.
- Dental abscess also causes headache. In this situation, a root canal treatment is recommended.
Our baby is 10 mths old and four teeth has emerged. Could you please tell us if we need to brush his teeth as we feel it smells?
When I drink cold water after that my all teeth feeling hard sense and I can't eat any food for 1 hrs please help me.
Hello sir, I often get a headache and my teeth are also becoming black day by day. Please tell me what should i do?
Also putting a lot of pressure on the teeth can cause good amount of wear and tear of the teeth as well as the gums