Find numerous General Surgeons in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Surgeons with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. A Shekaran
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. A ShekaranYour feedback matters!
I am 18 year old but but coming could then my body scratches how to remove scratches please tell me.
Sir Ji meri wife ko skin problem h. skin me white patch much Java h. Age 24 year h .sex ka bad wife Mara veer pee jati h.kya is sa koi problem to nhi ho GI. Weak me kitne bar sex kar na ache ho ga.
I am 25 year old . I have dark circles since a long time. I have tried many home treatments still no effect .
Sir in month of September 2015 I was diagnosed having DEEP VEIN THROMBOSIS (DVT) i. E below my left leg knee till my ankle I was hospitalized for 9 days initially I was advised to take Acitrom 2 mg then 3 mg now I have been advised to take Acitrom 4 mg for last three months till June end to maintain PTI/INR between 2-3, I have also been advised to wear a stocking but during this period my weight has increased by almost 15 kgs and als both of my feet swell if I walk long distance (to reduce my weight) or if I stand for long duration, kindly advice till when I should continue medication also inform the side effects of Acitrom 4 mg.
What are the causes of white patches on face? Can it be cure by eating vegetables or fruits. If yes, can you please name them.
I am 22 year female. I had black heads on my nose and unwanted hair on upper lip. I watched video on tube to remove black heads and unwanted hair with veet wax strips. Is there is any side effects if I do the same?
When skin is infected by a fungus, the resultant infection is called tinea corporis (ringworm). It is most common in athletes and children. The infection may appear on the scalp, beards, groin, in between the toes and other places.
Tinea corporis can be caused by:
- Skin contact
- It is contagious, so if you use towels, bed linens and clothes of an infected person, you will get infected too.
- Touching a pet infected by tinea corporis.
Signs and Symptoms:
- The rash starts as a scant area of red, bumpy pimples and spots. Then the rash forms a ring, with raised, red borders and a clear middle. The border might look scaly.
- The rash may show up on face, legs, arms or other body areas which are exposed.
- The area feels itchy. It might also be flaky and dry. You might even experience hair loss in the infected area.
The skin in the area will be gently scraped off and the sample will be collected. Then, the sample will be viewed under a microscope. That will help discerning, which type of fungus is causing the infection.
The following treatment regime must be followed:
- The skin must be kept dry and clean.
- Fungal creams are best. Creams that contain miconazole, ketoconazole, clotrimazole or oxiconazole are excellent for fungal infections.
- Only apply the cream on clean skin. You can use it twice in a day. Bandaging the infected area is not recommended.
- To prevent the infection from spreading, wash your towels in warm water and use clean towels every time you bathe. Also, clean the bathroom and wear freshly washed clothes.
- If pets are infected, treat them as well.
The infection usually goes away under 4 weeks. The infection may branch out to the nails, groin, scalp and feet. Self-care is effective, but if symptoms persist, then do consult a specialist. Ringworms have certain complications, such as scratching the skin too much causes skin infections and other skin disorders, which may need further treatment.
PRP is a latest, state-of-the-art technology that employs non-surgical methods to stimulate hair growth in case of hair loss.Advancements in research have enabled scientists to make new inroads in the field of wound and tissue healing. The result of these researches is PRP, which is a natural way to rejuvenate your scalp, skin and stimulate your hair growth.
How PRP works?
The presence of mesenchymal stem cells and autologous blood products in human blood contain specific growth factors that assist in tissue regeneration and healing. PRP has been used to heal skin and wounds for over two decades now. Apart from this it finds use in oral surgery, cosmetic surgery and neurosurgery as well. It is also the promising treatment to promote hair growth.
- It is a progressive healing treatment that doesn't require surgery
- Simple, rapid and highly effective system
- Autologous (from patient's own blood)
- The system is biocompatible and xeno-free, so there shouldn't be any safety concerns
- Increase in the concentration of platelets can be observed
- It helps in the elimination of undesired erythrocytes, which significantly decrease the fibroblast proliferation
- Contains growth factors that help in the stimulation of growth of the hair follicles
- Can be performed preoperatively, intraoperatively, or post operatively
The Science of PRP
There are special cells called platelets used in PRP, that have been theoretically proved to stimulate hair follicles growth by stimulating stem cells and other important cells in the ecosystem of the follicles. They are instrumental in promoting the healing ability and regeneration of cells, formation of new cells and response to injury. PRP stimulates inactive or newly implanted hair follicles, and makes them active by inducing them into a growth phase.
Platelets are known to contain various structures, which are crucial for blood clotting and cell regeneration, and are released during the repair process by the body. Some of these structures are: glycogen, alpha granules and lysosomes.
Who should not have PRP treatment?
Those with heavy drug and smoking issue should avoid PRP. Also those who drink a lot of alcohol should avoid PRP. Those suffering from platelets related ailments, sepsis, chronic liver disease, thrombocytopenia, hyperfibrinogenemia, systemic disorders and cancer should also stay away from PRP.
At length, PRP is a boon for all those who aren't fans of surgery or the ones who prefer a more aggressive but non-surgical approach for treatment to their ailments. The results might vary from patient to patient, but it is certainly one of the most promising technologies to stimulate hair growth and rejuvenate your skin, and the results are quite convincing. So decide wisely! Consult an Expert & get answers to your questions!