Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. A.S. Shylaja
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. A.S. ShylajaYour feedback matters!
She cares alot.. she explains solution for each and every problem which v are experience during and after pregnancy..
1) if label says fat free then it is low in calories.
Usually fat free foods are high in sugar calories and also in sodium. It may also contain maida or some other unhealthy ingredients so pls check label carefully.
2) 100% fruit juice is a good substitute for fruit
None of the commercially available fruit juices have 100% fruit. Mostly they contain not more then 10% fruit and that to of poor quality. It is loaded with artificial flavorings, preservatives, sugar.
3) avoid citrus fruits when you have cold as they are cold foods.
Some people may be sensitive to them but not all. In fact they are rich in vitamin c which helps fight cold.
This is my question for gyanec that me and my girlfriend has sex last month on 22nd august. That was unprotected but if I remember I did ejaculate outside so there were no chances of pregnancy. But she did not get on her periods which should be on 9th September but after 4 days late we did a pregnancy test and it came negative And we did another test after 4 days of first test and it also came negative. So is it possible that she missed her periods this time as she was diagnosed with jaundice problem on 27 august and even take heavy dosage of medicines to eliminate that It was 14 days late on her periods so she went to a lady Dr. For that and told her about everything on 24th September Dr. Checked her and said you r not pregnant and gave her a medicine by saying that take this daily once and you will get on your periods soon but she did not get on her periods yet. And she is having vomiting and stomach problem so it any kind of symptoms. What should I do to check accurately about that and what to do make her get on her periods. We can check by visiting to clinic or hospital in delhi this is not an issue I am so tensed for her please resolve it.
Geriatric psychiatry focuses on the psychological as well as biological aspects of normal ageing, the effects of chronic and acute physical illness and the psychosocial considerations of the primary psychiatric disturbances of older age. The medical practitioners of this branch of psychiatry focus on early intervention, offering continuous care, applying new therapies and also accessing clinical research protocols.
Importance of geriatric psychiatry
The rising number of senior individuals, indicates that we need better understanding of how the process of aging affects the mental health of a person. Common ailments like depression, dementia and stroke are likely to affect a person as he grows old. Such people become helpless in the face of odds and struggle to function normally or to cope with.
Common signs of a mentally affected aged person
Most people over the age of 65 become susceptible to a host of mental and physical illnesses, therefore it is important that we must know the signs of geriatric psychiatry so that we can prevent both patients and caregivers. Signs which can help you indentify such an issue
- Threatening the safety of the caregivers with objects at their disposal.
- Thinking about and even trying to end their lives
- Behaving in such a manner that it becomes challenging for the family members and the caregivers.
- Showing symptoms which become hard to diagnose as well as treat.
- Constantly interfering in the activities of other people.
- Shouting and becoming violent.
- Saying that they do not require any help even though they are ailing or are in an unsafe condition.
The geriatric psychiatrists are professional experts dealing with the health conditions of such affected elderly people. They aim to help those suffering from chronic depression, anxiety, schizophrenia, late life addiction disorders and many other problems which may even include physical problems.
Ways to treat the affected individuals
- Older people may have different social, mental and physical needs than younger people. The geriatric psychiatrists understand this and aim to offer a comprehensive solution to all the problems faced by the affected individuals.
- The treatment plan include medical treatments for the underlying physical conditions and also gives support for the mental issues by listening to as well as responding to the needs and demands of the sufferer.
- A comprehensive treatment program typically comprises of medications, family support, social help, environmental concerns and other things as applicable to help the person live as healthily as possible.
If any of your loved ones is suffering from these problems, you should immediately seek medical aid. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I have thyroid during pregnancy but before pregnancy it was not there .so is it necessary to check it after delivery? My son is 8 months old I did not checked.
I have been tested as Positive for HSV. And got a genital herpes a few days ago. Doctor has prescribed medicine and advised me too have that again if same occurs again. As for now I am okay. I am going to marry soon, can not I able to have unprotected sex in my life? How it can be cured? How can I get my kids if I can not have sex.
What r the causes of less flow during menstrual cycle, does it because of less endometrium thickness. If yes then how it can be cured.
Urinary tract infection (UTI) is usually caused by inflammation or bacteria in the urinary tract. Pregnant mothers are most susceptible to this infection, especially after the sixth week and before the twenty fourth week of pregnancy. This usually happens due to the alterations that take place in the urinary tract during pregnancy.
Also, a growing uterus can block the urine drainage from this part of the body, leading to the accumulation of bacteria which causes infection. The symptoms are uncomfortable and even painful. These include pain and burning sensation, frequent urination, fever and chills. So how can you prevent UTI during pregnancy? we have a few tips for you!
- Hydration: The best thing you can do to both prevent and treat a urinary tract infection is to start drinking at least six to eight glasses of water in a day. Another good way to prevent and treat UTIs is with the help of cranberry juice which has powerful antioxidants that flush toxins out of your system effectively. You will, however, need to ensure that the cranberry juice is fresh and natural, without any sweeteners.
- Hygiene: Keeping yourself clean is one of the most important ways in which you can avoid UTI. It is best to clean from front to back, rather than the other way, so that you drive away bacteria and dirt. Also, make sure that you wash your private parts with warm water infused with a few drops of normal liquid antibacterial, so that you can be sure that the bacteria do not get a chance to thrive and affect your system. Also, remember to use soaps, washes and creams that have a mild formula, rather than a harsh chemical concoction. Hygiene for this area of the body includes keeping it dry.
- Diet: Your diet should have plenty of fluids and lemons or other citrus food that are rich in vitamin c, as this is a good vitamin to keep bacteria at bay. Also, you should eliminate sweet and refined products to ensure that you do not contract UTI. Other foods to avoid include caffeine and alcohol.
- Clothing: Wear airy and cotton based undergarments that are breathable and have a soft texture. This non abrasive type clothing can also help in keeping the area dry, so that bacteria does not get a chance to develop, as they typically need a damp environment for growth. Change your undergarments twice a day, if need be, and avoid wearing trousers and shorts that are too tight.
These tips and many others including urinating as soon as the urge sets in, can help in fighting the risk of contracting UTI during pregnancy.