Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. A Rajendra Prasad
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Facial Cosmetic Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. A Rajendra PrasadYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from cold running nose and nose blocking especially in the night disturbing sleep for the last one and half months. Recently I went to Denmark stayed there for two months and returned 15 days back I thought that my returning may solve the problem but not so though a it reduced. I used for 10 days acrivini to used not more than 10 days also used okacet allegro also now I started again allegro now in India 3 days back and using nasal drops klaricare sinomarin and flixonase in the night I am 68 yrs old. Please advice me.
Sir his nose is curved and a hump like projection at the dorsum of the nose. It irritates him and feels ugly. Is rhinoplasty a better cure. What is its expenditure and where it is practiced well? In india is it common?
I am 38 year old Male, I have a phlegm/mucus problem which is continuously gets accumulated in my throat. I am suffering from this problem from last 7 - 8 years. Please help.
Hai sir. Is there any problem on using wet ear buds on ear cleaning. I had a problem sometime it get blocked. Why it happens.
Hi Doc, i am having soar throat since 3 weeks , ENT doctor suggested me for CT scan plain neck.i am having report of CT scan . I want to attach my report, so that i can get a better understanding of my reports.
Respected sir I am getting dry nasal passage from a last 3 months I have some digestive problems but I want to know the reason behind dry nose because some times I get shortness of breath due to dry nose sir please answer in detail with solution.
I hve itching n pain in my ears from nearly 3 months. It increases when I use headphones. Please suggest some ear drop to stop itching n pain.
Ear discharge is the phenomenon of fluids being expelled from the ear. This condition is also known as otorrhea.
The kinds of fluids that can be discharged from the ear range from blood to pus and other forms of bodily secretions. It is caused by a number of factors, which determine the exact nature of the condition and the diagnosis for treatment.
What are the causes of ear discharge?
Some forms of ear discharge are natural, such as ear wax which is produced by the body as a form of defense against external particles that may enter the ears. Other forms are unnatural and result from anomalies in the health system.
The causes of these include the following:
- Infections: This is the most common cause of ear discharge and occurs when bacteria and viruses infest the inside of the ear and lead to the secretion of fluids, which builds up in the middle ear or at the eardrum
- Swimmer’s Ear: This condition is also known as otitis externa and is caused by staying in water for prolonged periods. It results from excessive exposure to moisture that makes the walls of the ear canal to break down allowing bacteria and fungi to enter and infect the ear.
- Trauma: Excess pressure on the eardrum can cause it to rupture and discharge fluids. This happens due to a number of reasons such as exposure to loud explosive sounds or pressure from flying in aircrafts and scuba diving.
- Skull Injury: Damage to the bones behind the ear as a result of injury can also lead to ear discharge due to infection.
- Tonsillitis: Inflammation of tonsils may cause pain or a repeated infection in the ear leading to fluid discharge.
What are the symptoms associated with ear discharge?
Some of the symptoms of otorrhea are as follows:
- Abnormal and unusual secretion of fluids from the ear
- Swelling of the ear
- Partial or complete loss of hearing
- Pain and throbbing in the ear
- Accompanying signs such as fever and migraine
Diagnosis and treatment of the problem depend on the exact cause and nature of the condition, which also determines treatment and recovery time.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!