Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Acupuncturists in India. You will find Acupuncturists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Acupuncturists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Christmas would be incomplete without a delicious Christmas plum cake. This lovely cake is rich in fresh and dried fruits and is soaked in brandy or orange liquor. Preparations for this cake often start a month before Christmas as the fruits are cut and soaked in alcohol until it is time to bake them. Here are 8 fascinating facts about this Christmas cake.
- It has a really long shelf life: Christmas cake or fruitcake can last for months and years. This may be because of the alcohol content in the cake. Many families keep aside a part of the Christmas cake to be eaten during Easter. The longevity of this cake is also why it is the perfect packed food for hunters and travellers.
- It is packed with energy: Christmas cake has a high ratio of fruits to flour and hence is packed with nutrients. On the flip side, this isn’t a cake you want to snack on as it can also increase your waistline.
- Naturally dried fruits are the key to a good Christmas cake: Christmas cake is said to be an acquired taste. However, the key to make a good Christmas cake is to avoid glazed and candied fruits and instead use naturally sweetened and dried fruits. This makes the cake healthier and much more wholesome.
- You can put any fruit into Christmas cake: Christmas fruit cake is an all inclusive cake. A Christmas cake can be made with fresh fruits, dried fruits or a mixture of the two. However, fresh fruit cake has a shorter life span than dried fruit cake.
- It gets better with time: Like wine, Christmas cake ages and tastes better with time. Christmas cake can also be revived, if it has dried out. For this, all you have to do is, steam the cake and drizzle a little more alcohol over it.
- It is a very old recipe: Christmas cake is said to date back to the Roman empire. The Romans used a mixture of pine nuts, barley, raisins, sweetened wine and pomegranate seeds to make a version of the Christmas cake known as satura. However, it was only in the 16th century that it gained popularity.
- The origins of Christmas cake lies in a meat pie: Christmas cake has evolved from the plum pudding. This plum pudding was originally a pie of mixed minced meats and fruits. With time, the meat was removed and only the fruits remained. Later, spice and dried fruits were added to the recipe to give us a modern day Christmas cake.
- Christmas cake was traditionally not eaten on Christmas day: Christmas cake was originally eaten on the twelfth day of Christmas. For this reason, it was also known as the twelfth night cake.
Hi gudevng. I am 22 years young man and for daily I will go at least twice to letrin. I think there is a problem with my digestion. My problem is am not getting strength and am so thin. I want to get fat. I want to have a great body. Can you advice me what to eat and medicine that you could prescribe. These are the two problems am facing. And this digestion problem started from last 5years I think. Can you give me an advice that could help me so that I can get a good body.
I am facing some serious issues with my hairs. They are getting drier and thinner day by day. Problem has become more prominent in recent times since I moved to Noida. Please suggest something to maintain a healthy scalp and hairs. Thanks in advance.
I am 24 years boy, slim fit athletic Body, as well as I practise Martial Arts. My question is that even having so fit and fine physic I can not practise or frankly speaking not able to do few of the exercises and activities due to my waste problem, earlier it was 30 followed by 32, 34. So, I want to know how to reduce your waste.
Hello doctor. My name is Kavya. Am suffering from under weight. My height s 5.7" & weight s 42. please give solution fr weight gain. Before I tried so many, bt all it was temporary.
I am not getting fat. I am too skinny. I have tried everything like eating lot. Exercising etc. Is there any other way?
Hello sir, I am very week. My parents are also very week. But I want to build my body. What should I do?
Dears, I'm underweight, male, age- 29, weight- 50 height- 169 cm. I have a fainting while standing, some times nausea, due to low bp. What are the dangers of low bp. Stress can reduce bp? Can I increase my weight upto 69 KGS?
Water melon is a refreshing summer fruit which can ward off sweet cravings, rich in vitamin a a veritable tonic for skin. It reduces inflammation in the body and can help reduce water retention and muscle soreness. Cottage cheese is a healthy option that can improve satiety muscle gain and fat loss