Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. A.r. Aruna
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. A.r. ArunaYour feedback matters!
I am 25 years old M, I have astigmatism and myopia with combined power of 4 in each eye, I want to get LASIK surgery done. What is the success rate of the surgery.
Respected Sir/mam, My friend is suffering from severe Keratoconus disease is there any cure for it in low cost.
Hi I am 20 years old boy and my eye sight is really weak I. Do not know what to do. I can not see far can you suggest me what Should eat thanks.
Am unable to sleep during examzz. It takes for me to fal in slep 2 hours frm d tym of I close my eyes. I can't concentrate. During exams due to this wat do I do?
While red bloodshot eyes may look worrisome at first sight, it is not a cause for concern all the time. There are benign, short-lasting bouts that will disappear on their own to serious medical reasons that could require intervention. Listed below are some common causes and ways to manage red eyes.
- Conjunctivitis: The most common cause of red or pink eye is conjunctivitis- infection of the membrane covering the sclera. The blood vessels are irritated and give the eye a red hue. This is contagious and very common in children, needs to be treated with antibiotic drops based on the cause.
- Allergy: Be it pollen, dust, dander, or some chemicals, the eyes could be sensitive to it and get inflamed and take on a red colour. This can be treated with a combination of prevention by avoiding exposure to the allergen (which causes the allergy) and some antihistamine drops if required.
- Contact lenses: Extended or improper use of contact lenses is the main reason for red eyes in contact lens users. There is reduced lubrication, increased accumulation of dust and microbes if the lens are not removed at frequent intervals. Removal of the lens and visit to the doctor are important for managing this.
- Computer Vision Syndrome: With people spending a large amount of time staring at computer screens and tablets and phone screens, the dryness in the eyes increases, thereby leading to red eyes. The reduced blinking when working on computers also affects the condition. It is therefore very important to take conscious breaks to stare away from the monitors and use special glasses if required. In some cases, eye drops may also be required.
- Occupational Hazard: For people working outdoors, conditions such as dust, heat, smoke, and dry air increase the chances of red eyes. Reducing exposure as much as possible and use of protective eyewear is extremely essential.
- Dry Eye Syndrome: The tear glands produce a constant source of lubrication for the eyes and also cleanse the eyes from the minute dust particles and other irritants. For various reasons, the tears produced may not be sufficient and can lead to red eyes. Artificial tear substitute could be used for managing this.
Some benign reasons like swimming, smoking, lack of sleep, pregnancy, common cold also produce bloodshot eyes. On the other hand, corneal ulcer, uveitis, ocular herpes, glaucoma, and other medical conditions could also lead to red eyes.
If it persists for more than 2 days, is painful, associated with discharge or sensitivity to light, it is important to seek medical help, especially if associated with injury or trauma.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
How about using contact lenses? i' m fed up of glasses and want to prefer lenses? are there any drawbacks of using lenses? please suggest me what to do
Hi sir, I am suffering for eye sight -1.5. I am using eye glasses for. I don't like use glasses. Any alternative is available sir. How much cost sir,
from past 4 months ago I am suffering from eye twitching and from 15 days I am suffering from headache both are in left side, headache is not very hyper little sweet pain from Back neck to middle of head, kindly help.
There are a number of eye conditions that make the use of glasses and eye lenses mandatory for a more comfortable life where your vision is as normal as is medically possible. Poor eyesight and conditions like inward eyelids and others can lead to the prescription of contact lenses and glasses. Contact lenses are delicate optical tools that glide easily over your eyes and need a lot of care. One should also know how to wear them properly. If one does not wear and care for the contact lenses properly, it may lead to a variety of complications.
Read on to know how you can take better care of your contact lenses:
- Cleanliness: To begin with, keeping the lenses clean is of utmost importance. Since these lenses will go on to the eye and remain there for most part of the day, it is imperative that they should be clean so that no dirt comes to settle on the eye to cause complications and even possible infections in the long run. While the disposable soft contact lenses do not need a whole lot of care as they can be disposed as and when the wearer needs a new pair, the soft lenses are the ones that need regular care so as to avoid vision affecting problems in the long run.
- Clean Hands: Before you handle the contact lenses, you must wash and clean your hands thoroughly with a non cosmetic soap that is free of additives like fragrances and artificial perfumes, oils and other lotions. These may get transferred to the lens which will leave you with blurry vision. Dry your hands properly using a lint free towel.
- Makeup: If you have to wear makeup, we would suggest doing so after you have safely installed the contact lenses in your eyes. Also, you must remember to remove your lenses before you begin the makeup removal procedure. This is to be done so that you do not get any makeup on to the delicate surface of the lens.
- Disinfecting Solution: When you buy your contact lenses, you will also get a disinfecting solution as well as a set of instructions for taking care of your lenses. So ensure that you use the correct disinfecting solution, eye drops as well as the prescribed enzymatic cleaners to keep your lenses clean and free of germs with a light rubbing action. Let the lenses stand in this solution at night too so that the germs cannot travel to the surface.
Never use tap water or your mouth to clean these lenses as the microorganisms found even in distilled water can latch on to the surface.