Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. A. GirishekarYour feedback matters!
How to get rid of dry cough I am having a dry cough for more than a week please suggest me natural solution.
My penis is not harder and no longer and my age is between 20 to 21 so please suggest me what should I do to make my penis hard nd long.
I am diabetic from 21 years taking human mixed insulin 30/70 -32 unit in day I am diabetic from 21 years , in 2010 years we had hart stained by ballooning process in kolkata. Now taking human mixed insulin 30/70 -32 unit in day.
Hi, She is facing headache frequently, even 4/5 times a week. And the headache is coming during evening time. And the headache is also very severe. She is 26 years old lady. Please give me instant solution and also the natural way to get rid of the problem. Please. Thanks.
My 19 months daughter is having rashes on her right hand which are pimply and spread slowly around 30% of hand initially it was 5%, no redness or itching as we can see her not touching them, please advise when should we take her to hospital or is there any home remedies,
Is masturbating a lot decreases the length and thickness of penis. Is it causes weakness too. And if so tell me within how many days a normal adult can masturbate and in a day how many times.
Hi , in my urine examination RBC is showing 5-7 rbc/hpf and pus cells is showing 3-4 wbc/hpf. Please advise what this means. And is it a concern in per medical examination of rejection.
Hello sir I am 23 of age and I feel like, when having sex, my Penis is not as hard as it should be.I have to shake it before pushing it to vagina. Please help.
I am getting fever and cough from last 4 days, I also go to hospital they advice to rest, please tell me any effective medicine.
I sleep too much because of that I loss my study. Please send me the name of any pill so that I can reduce this oversleep.
Every morning I suffering from acidity .My teeth mouth become acidic. Which food should be take who have the acidity problem. What diet chart should be followed.
Q. What can be done to reduce the risk of acquiring dengue and how can we prevent epidemics of dengue hemorrhagic fever (DHF)?
Before 9 months infected by NECK lymph node tuberculosis. Just now I completed treatment. Again I got little bit swelling in my neck. My question is have to take neck lymph node CT SCAN?
Sir, I have appeared for blood donation and has been taken for NAT test how long will it take to receive the result?
Hi, I am 20 year old male. While I masturbate I ejaculate in less than 60 seconds. I never had sex till now. Am I having premature ejaculation or is it normal time.
Are you suffering from stress and sleep disorders (Insomnia)? Are you looking for Ayurvedic remedies for improving your sleep? The principles of Ayurveda state that sufficient sleep along with a proper diet, and wise utilization of energy are important for maintaining good health.
According to ayurveda, the vitiation of the three doshas either taken all together or individually may result in to insomnia. All factors, that are responsible for aggravation of vata and pitta ,along with environmental and dietary factors play an important role in sleep disturbances. High vata type of insomnia is caused by Vaata imbalance or mental stress. People, who toss and turn, unable to fall asleep because their mind is spinning, have this disorder. It results with anxiety, worry, and rushed activity during the day. Where as in pitta imbalance there is intermittent awakening. You may fall asleep quickly but wake up frequently with palpitation, body pains, and emotional disturbances such as fear, anger, and sadness. Another pattern is that you wake up before dawn and find it difficult to go back to sleep.
There are certain health principles and ways that you should follow for improving quality of sleep, getting rid of stress and boosting your body’s immune system. They are as follows:
- Maintain a disciplined sleep schedule- You should be very disciplined regarding your sleep. Try to sleep early which gives you the time to sleep throughout the night. Wake up early the next morning. Your mind is stable, slow and dull from 6pm to 10pm. This is a perfect time for getting good sleep.
- Mindful eating- It is recommended for you to have your dinner early between 6.30 to 7 pm. The digestive fire starts cooling down after the sun sets. You can improve your digestion by eating light, early meals. This is beneficial for your sleep quality. While eating, you should avoid doing other activities such as reading books, watching television, or involving yourself in conversations.
- Oil massage- Oil massage therapy is a primary part of Ayurvedic treatment for stress and sleep disorder. Oil massages on your feet are important for improved sleep. There are nerve endings in your feet, which are nourished because of oil massage. Massaging helps in stress relief, makes you feel relaxed, and improves your blood circulation. As a result of all these, your sleep gets drastically improved. You can choose from several herbal oils for massage.
- Pranayama- Pranayama is considered to be very important for improving sleep disorders and stress. Several rounds of alternate nostril breathing or “naadi shodhana pranayama” should be undertaken on a regular basis. This is effective for the mind, and calms down your nervous system. You are bound to get deeper, and longer sleep of high quality.
- Practice self-compassion- You wellness and health depend considerably on a balance among your mind, body and soul. It is important for you to keep away from negative vibes and always try to be present in a positive environment. You should be mindful over who you talk to right before going to sleep. Ideally, you should switch off your mobile, computer, television, and social media activities, two hours before going to sleep.
- Regular exercise- Regular exercise is very important for you to stay healthy and fit physically, which in turn helps you to maintain a healthy state of mind. This is vital for improving sleep disorder and eliminating stress. Keep away from all types of stimulants during the evening so that your sleep is not affected.
Ayurvedic Herbs for Insomnia
The useful herbs for the treatment of insomnia are:-
- Brahmi: It is a powerful brain tonic, which supports and improves all aspects of mental functioning. It is a calming and tranquillising herb. A cup of brahmi tea or powder or any other preparation with brahmi, taken at bedtime, will induce a peaceful sleep and its regular use will help to cure insomnia.
- Vacha: (Acorus calamus) has been used in Ayurvedic medicine for the treatment of various ailments, such as epilepsy, headache,insomnia etc. it can be taken along with Amla, Brahmi powder at bed time.
- Aswagandha: This is an overall tonic for greater vitality and longevity. It enhances coordination between the mind and senses which, according to Ayurveda, is essential for good sleep. The recommended dose is half teaspoonful of powder taken at night along with sugar+ ghee or warm milk.
- Jatamansi: It has been found to increase levels of neurotransmitters like serotonin. It is a sedative, anti-depressant, and anti-epileptic cardio-tonic and is regarded as one of the most effective remedies for neurosis.
- Valerian: Indian valerian, also known as tagar in Hindi, works on the nerve channels by clearing out toxins from the blood, joints, tissues, colon and nerves. Its basic role is to rejuvenate. However, valerian should not be taken on its own. For, it can have a somewhat dulling effect. It is best used as part of some herbal preparation.