Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. A D NagarajanYour feedback matters!
My three year old son is frequently having itching and rashes due to some allergy. He also getting cranky for small things also. He won't have food properly but he is so active. Could you suggest solution for this.
My son of 8 years old is not ready to write any thing or the exam and also he does not want to write. He is ready to read but not write. At home in the mothers presence he does the home work. From past 6 months he has got a habit to take any material book, box or his palm and call up to some one as a mobile. Please I am really very much worried. Give me some solution.
My son is handicapped and mentally underdeveloped and on wheel chair. He is now 18+. At the age of six months he has uncontrolled seizures and still on anti convultions. He has chest congestions repeatedly. Also his capacity to control urine is decreasing. He has repeated UTI and URI also. How we can permanentally control this. We nebulize him occasionally with duolin and budecort 1 mg. Thanks.
My daughter is 2 years old and she has persistent problem of worms. Please suggest an effective homeopathic medicine except albendazole.
My baby is 18 months old, she has low tone muscles in her body her head is control 5 min. And fell very slowly after 5 mins, she can lift her hand when she lying on bed, but when she sit on chair she never lift her hand. She lift her leg when I tie leg with ribbon. But her brain is normal she recognize her mum and dad and call her .her physiotherapy is going 3 days in weekly. But give some trips how to improve tone.
Here are a few questions which every new mother wants to know when they see a diaper rash:
1. Should the baby's diet be changed during a diaper rash?
Certain food items such as fruit juices can lead to diarrhea in babies. This can lead to a diaper rash. When new food is introduced or antibiotics are given, then that might also affect the digestion of the baby.
2. Are teething and diaper rash related?
As per dermatologists, the two have nothing in common though they might occur at the same time.
3. Which ointment should be used for a diaper rash?
Ointments that contain zinc oxide can provide relief from diaper rash. A thick layer should be applied on the skin to keep away irritants as if all of it is rubbed off then it might cause pain.
4. Can cloth diapers be an alternative?
The fact is that there is no proof that a cloth diaper might be better than the other diaper in case of a rash. In case, disposable diapers are used, then care should be taken to change them frequently as rashes can occur due to a moist environment. If the baby is allergic to a particular brand, then changing the same could prove to be helpful. Diapers induced with fragrances and dyes can cause allergic reactions. Babies who are allergic to disposable diapers, can do better with cloth ones, though they should be changed frequently. The rule is one diaper per hour, so the needful should be done.
5. What type of wipes are best for the baby in case of a sore bottom?
In case of a diaper rash a mild, fragrance free wipe should be used. Wipes which are labeled as hypoallergenic or for sensitive skin should be used. If the baby poops then he or she must be cleaned with a cloth and water and later some mineral oil should be applied to the baby's bottom.
6. What should be done if nappy rash extends to the other parts?
In case there are red spots and patches outside the nappy area, then the baby might be suffering from infection. If this happens then consult your doctor.
7. What should be done to give relief to the baby?
The best thing to do is that the baby's bottom should get some air. Leave the baby without a diaper, as this gives his skin a break from the rubbing, and germs which might be present in wet places like a diaper. Application of the cream with zinc oxide, provides relief to a baby.
8. How long does the rash last?
Maximum 3 days.
Hello Doctor, my daughter is 5 and half months old, on 19th she will start her 6th month. My baby is suffering from loose motion and vomiting. When ever she drinks milk she starts motion and after finishing her milk she starts vomiting like curd. Medicine which I give her for vomiting and loose motion are ONDEM, oral solution and VIZYLAC, dry powder. We give our baby cows milk. She becomes well for a while and again starts motion. What to do doctor, is there any best home remedy. Please reply.
Teens who are overweight or obese and even those in the high range of normal body mass index face an increased risk of death from heart disease and stroke in middle age. Obese teenagers were five times more likely to die of coronary artery disease by middle age compared to those of normal weight. This study stresses the importance of maintaining a healthy weight during childhood and adolescence. As a significantly number of overweight and Obese teens has grown substantially in recent years.
My baby is 22 days old on his 21st day we had a naming ceremony in which I was served with normal diet which everyone is eating not special diet for new mother since then my baby is passing stool several times and it is smelling foul, but he is taking feeding normally and passing stool every time he is fed what is the reason is it there any problem.
I have been suffering from cold and mucous congestion from 3 year. It could not be cured. But when I stop drinking milks and sweats it has got less. But now I have problem of block nose even if I don't have cold. I can breathe through one nose only .it is very difficult to live with one nose breathing .and also pressure is created in head I can't hear properly due to ear blockage from cold .please tell me what to do now?
My bf ejaculated there while I was wearing my panty as well as hot pant. It was done on 1st of february. Then on that month I had my periods on around 15 th of february. Everything was fine bt in this month that is on march my normal date is 25 th march bt still now my periods does not occurred! I there any chance that I am pregnant! though after that ejaculation I had my periods normally. This month was my exam month. So I am very tensed nw. Pls rely fast!
My son age now 6 month plus, we are given lactodex 2 & cerelac1 for feeding, is it sufficient to him also take from her mother, please advise?
My brother is 11 years old studying in 6 th std. Now a days he is not interested in writing notes in school. When he is writing he want to draw some scratches in book. He says that he also not interested in doing such things but his minds does not relax until he make some scratches in book . So that he can't write a single word and he feels stomach pain while does not doing this . But in home he is fine while writing and studies. Can you please give a solution for this.
My son, 5 years old, is suffering from recurring cough n cold. After every 2-3 months the symptoms repeats. Starting with running nose, it turns in dry cough, chest congestion n vomiting tendency. Please advise.
Concentration problems and trouble in focusing on one task at a time can be termed as Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder or ADHD, in rare and severe cases. While most of the cases are identified in one's childhood, it has been seen that many cases persist into adulthood while still others go completely undiagnosed. This mental health disorder comes with a number of symptoms and management methods. Read on to know more.
- Symptoms: While many patients suffering from this disorder may not display any obvious symptoms at a young age as children are supposed to be brimming with energy, the symptoms for adult ADHD, start to show up in a more obvious fashion. Wavering concentration and low levels of focus along with disorganised living with impulsiveness are the first signs of adult ADHD. Such adults also have trouble when it comes to finishing one task at a time, or even focusing on a task for a prolonged period of time. Bouts of impatience and excessive activity can also show up as symptoms, while restlessness is a quality that most of these patients seem to possess.
- Diagnosis: The diagnosis of this condition is slightly difficult because most adults may complain of some or the other symptoms related to this condition at some point in their lives. Anxiety and mood swing related symptoms can help in diagnosing the condition in a better manner. If the condition ends up disrupting your normal life, work, socialising and behaviour in general, then you may want to see a doctor regarding the same, so that proper diagnosis may take place.
- Causes: While genetic predisposition is said to be the foremost cause of this condition, especially when it continues well into adulthood, there are various environmental factors that may also have a significant bearing on the onset of the condition. Exposure as a child increases the risk of falling prey to this condition. Also, when there are problems with the central nervous system during the developing years, the patient may start to develop symptoms connected with this disorder later on.
- Treatment: Stimulants and other medication like anti-depressants, nonstimulant amphetamine are also used for treating this condition along with therapy and psychological counselling for better organisation in life.