Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. A C RameshYour feedback matters!
At birth my baby was fair but now she had little bit dark how can I get fair colour of my baby she is 1 & half year?
Hi, My daughter is 5 years & 6 months old, suffering from fever since last 3 hours and headache. I am from bangalore. She had taken breakfast in the morning. Little cold and cough.
My baby born on 20.04. 15. She feeding through bottle. Due to mother breast no milk. Every time she crying. So whats I do.
Hello sir, I had one doubt my kid is 4 month old we are started a cerelac rice 1st stage because mother feeding is not properly and my wife is started a course for feeding, actually in that pack starts at 6 is any problem.
My daughter is 1 year 6 month old. Her weight is about 7 kg. She is not fair and her skin looks very dull. She is very lean and thin also. Please sugest me some medicine or other things such as food schedule to make her fair a And improve her weight.
My 3 year old is sick with a temperature of 100 degrees she can not keep anything down including liquids. What should I do?
My son says that his right side nipple is paining while sleeping. What may be the reason? He has no fever, no swelling any where in body. Nothing. Is there any serious issue?
Hello doc im a mother of one month old baby girl. I want to know dat hw can I produce more milk wat shud I eat. Thanks in advance.
My son is 3.5 years old. He is taking macox zh kid for 4 months. How long will it take to stop. Whether the doctor will stop by 6 months or will he continue. I fear to ask him bec still he is having cold. Can we give curd during cold?
Hi, my daughter is 2. 5 yrs old. She was suffering from mild stomach infection, for which hey ped gave her of (7. 5 ml twice a day) for 6 days starting from fri. Since yesterday night, she is complaining from sore throat. She is not able to intake any solid without pain in the throat. Earlier her ped had prescribed droxyl for sore throat. My question is can I give her droxyl now when she is already taking oflaxin for stomach infection? please advise.
My daughter is about 4 years old. From the birth of her, she didn't do clear potty & she go behind the bed & she straighten her legs tightly & she press her toilet place. She didn't hunger, until we give she didn't eat anything with her only. please say any suggestions or tell any syrup name.
Diarrhea occurs when the body is expelling germs out of it. An episode of diarrhea can last anywhere from a couple of days to a week. Dehydration, cramps, vomiting, nausea and fever often accompany diarrhea. Usually, children tend to get diarrhoea more than adults.
Diarrhea treatment according to causes behind it
- Treating diarrhea due to infection: Some common causes of diarrhea include infection from rotavirus, salmonella (a type of bacteria) and rarely giardia (a type of parasite). In children, virus is a common cause of diarrhea. Besides watery or loose stools, viral gastroenteritis infection symptoms include fever, headache, stomach ache and vomiting. Gastroenteritis diarrhoea can last for 5-14 days. During this time, fluid loss must be prevented. In younger children, oral rehydration solution (ORS) or breast milk is enough. Just feeding them water won’t replenish the potassium, sodium and other nutrients they lose. Older children, to prevent fluid loss, can be given ORS and popsicles to counter dehydration and vomiting.
- Treating diarrhea due to medications: Antibiotics or laxatives can cause diarrhea in children. If the diarrhea is mild, make sure your child is hydrated. If the antibiotics are causing diarrhoea, you need to continue medication, but do consult a doctor immediately.
- Treating diarrhea due to food poisoning: When it comes to food poisoning induced diarrhea, the same method as countering infection-induced diarrhea should be followed. Keep your child hydrated and call your doctor.
Diarrhea and children - recognising dehydration
The most serious complication of diarrhea is dehydration, especially if the diarrhea is severe. Severe dehydration is critical as it can cause brain damage, seizure, even death. Your child may need immediate medical attention, if you notice the following symptoms:
- Light-headedness and dizziness
- Sticky, dark mouth
- Dark yellow urine
- No or few tears when crying
- Dry, cool skin
- Loss of energy
When should you visit a doctor
Diarrhea resolves within a few days, but it can have serious complications. Call your doctor if you notice signs such as:
1. Looks very sick
2. Diarrhea has persisted for more than 3 days
3. Your child is less than 6 months old
4. Your child is vomiting bloody yellow or green fluid
5. Seems dehydrated
6. The fever reads above 105 degree Fahrenheit
7. Bloody stools
9. Stomach pain persists for more than 2 hours
10. Infrequent urination