Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. A.b. SunandaYour feedback matters!
Had my Harmon and testosterone checkup on the reason of having no beard and mustache ,the doctor after seeing reports he said that "all your levels of Harmon and testosterone are normal" so sir whom should consult to get rid of this problem of having NO MUSTACHE AND BEARD AT THE AGE OF 22. Please suggest me. Sir please. Since it has became a great problem for me.
My age 23 .how I can regrow my hair .can you give me diet plan for hair regrowth and maintain good hair.
I am 21 year old. I have normal skin and I was born fair skin. But now I became wheatish fkin. Please tell how do I get back my pink white fair skin?
I haven't been able to sleep since 2 days and I am having a severe headache, tried multiple home remedies, but didn't work, what to do? Please help me!
I have completed chemo therapy for malignant melanoma. It was completed in may, 2016. Now I am getting thin hair. I heard about minoxidil. Does it show a good result. Please suggest me what to do to thick hair.
Nowadays I am mostly having hair fall only two three weeks are over before I was all right. When I take bath and catch my hair so many hairs come in my hand. Please give me some tips and medicines or shampoos that I should take thank you sir.
I am 26 years old women, mujhe period time to time pe ata hai per six month ho gayi hai mujhe koi pregnancy nahi hui hai,
How should I increase my Weight I tried so many ways to buildup my body, but I can not do anything. Please give me a solution fr this.
I'm 32 yrz of age n I have a year old son. My periods were regular till June 2016. Then I missed my period in July. From August I'm having periods for 12-15 days. What should I do. I only take one thyroid medicine 50 msg. Please advise.
4 Types of irregular periods and their causes
Menstruation is a cyclical process when at a certain time of the month, the lining of the uterus is shed and vaginal bleeding occurs. Sometimes there can be abnormalities in this cycle. Irregular periods in women are abnormal variations in the length, volume, duration and quality of menstrual cycle. Irregular periods aren't uncommon among menstruating women.
Abnormalities in periods can be of the following nature:
- Varying time between successive periods
- Loss of more or less blood than usual
- Varying length of your periods
Based on these categorizations, the different types of periods are:
1. Irregular menstrual bleeding - Irregular menstrual bleeding is characterized by bleeding that takes place for more than 20 days in a solitary cycle, which can lengthen over a period of a year.
2. Absent menstrual bleeding - In this type of menstrual bleeding, a woman does not get her period at all within a span of 90 days.
3. Heavy menstrual bleeding - This involves excessive blood loss that may intervene with a woman's physical, psychological and social quality of life.
4. Heavy and prolonged menstrual bleeding - This is less common than heavy menstrual bleeding and is different from in terms of duration. A different type of therapy is required to treat the condition as it is more severe in nature.
5. Light menstrual bleeding - Light menstrual bleeding is characterized by less blood loss than usual.
Irregular periods can be caused due to several reasons. Some of them are:
- Switching from one birth control pill to another or taking certain medication
- Excessive exercising
- Breastfeeding or pregnancy
- Polycystic ovary disease (PCOS)
- Uterine fibroids
- Getting an IUD (intrauterine device)
- Gradual thickening of uterine lining or the development of polyps on the uterine lining
- Scarring of the lining of the uterus can also be a possible cause
Changes in the body's level of hormones can also disrupt a woman's periods. Estrogen and progesterone are the chief hormones that play a crucial part in the menstrual cycle and influence the flow as well, thereby giving rise to abnormalities if their balance is disturbed.
When it comes to treating irregular periods, modifying your lifestyle, treating the underlying issue behind an irregular cycle, changing your birth control pills (if that is the cause), opting for hormone therapy or even surgery are viable treatment options.
Related Tip: Effective Ways to Ease Heavy Bleeding During Periods