Doctor in Tirumala Hospital
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Tirumala HospitalYour feedback matters!
I am 39 years old male, diabetic since 2009, hba1c around 6-7 and under medication, initially one tablet glycomet 500 SR, post lunch, later 850, and since 6 years or so with Glycomet 500 SR twice post meals. In the year 2014, tookaster health check-up and discovered MVP moderate regurgitation. And advised by cardiologist to monitor every three months for 2D scan, did so after about a year later and see the regurgitation flow to be mild and did not monitor or consult any cardiologist later. Also didn't visit my diabetic and thyroid specialist since three years :(. But monitoring the diabetic tests .few days back took 60 tests with blood sample, and see vitamin D deficiency, and B12 deficiency. Out of range for normal cholesterol levels, also pre and post prandial levels are just above the normal ranges, thyroid levels are normal. I was actually asked to take vitamin D tablet every two months. But I always miss taking the tablet. I feel very low in energy and also get irritated and get upset be y soon. Many of my close family and friends said I may need psychiatric attention. As I may be victim of bipolar. I am very lethargic and hate yondi any work. Hate to go to office and take any challenges. Fear driving, fear confronting, discussing, for example in apartment people showing issues or causing issues to me or my family. Also my kids feel very upset with me, as they see I am not playing with them and always hooked on to my phone and .I feel I am really not liking the way things are going. Is it psychosomatic or just my mindset?
What are the symptoms of dengue fever? And how can we prevent it? If by chance if it happens how can we cure it?
Hi, I'm 26 year old male. I'm affected with tight foreskin. I can pull it only till halfway of glans without pain, when the penis is erect. I understand that this is phimosis. I need to know what are the possibilities for getting non surgical treatment without potential side effects? I'm also ready for any sort of exercise.
Hello Dr. Mujha thyroid hai or bp low rahta h please Dr. Kuch btayi ki mai kya karu thyoid ki wza se mera weight bhi bdha rha h.
Hello Sir my age is 29 years unmarried, I am suffering from last 7-8 years loss of libido, Not erection in penis, and also premature ejaculation. What is this diseases. Is it curable? I always depressed for this diseases. My family forced to do for marriage But I'm afraid to get married for my health condition issue. Because I can not understand myself worthy of sexual intercourse. Fear is that if the man gets married then this relationship will be broken due to my weakness. please advice me what I do. please plz help sir.
Gastritis/ acidity is usually mild and can be cured easily by following better food habits and regular healthy lifestyle. However, sometime gastritis can cause pain in the upper part of the abdomen and may lead to stomach ulcers. Few over-the-counter (otc) antacid medicines and a set of do's and don'ts can relieve gastritis.
Some of the lifestyle and dietary changes are as follows:
Lifestyle / dietary changes:
- Excess spicy food and use of painkillers, alcohol, cigarettes and acidic beverages lead to symptoms of gastritis. To get rid of symptoms of gastritis, one should follow these simple remedies.
- Eat food in smaller quantity and switch to several small meals.
- Painkillers lead to ulcers in your stomach and cause bleeding. So, avoid unnecessary use of painkillers.
- Kapalabhati, bhastrika and anulomaviloma yoga increases movement of body and organs, helpful in the treatment of gastritis.
Foods to be taken:
A healthy meal plan with low unhealthy fat, salt, and added sugar helps in relieving gastritis. Eat fruits, vegetables, whole grains and fat-free or low-fat dairy foods. Lean meat, poultry (chicken and turkey), fish, beans, eggs, and nuts are also advised to gastritis patients.
- Fruits: Fruits contain vitamins, minerals, fibers and antioxidants should be the part of the diet plan.
- Rice gruel: Rice gruel helps in the formation of watery gastric juice and reduces the acidity level within the stomach. Only rice that has been aged for one year must be used. Wheat and barley are beneficial.
- Vegetables: Garlic and onion limit the growth of bacteria. Carrot juice, spinach juice, pumpkin, bitter gourd (kaakarakaya), cucumber (dosakaya), and green banana are effective. Broccoli is effective against h. Pylori bacteria in the stomach lining.
- Dairy products: Calcium and vitamin d in milk reduce the stomach acids and gives relief to the stomach but, it should be with low content fat.
- Grains: Whole wheat chapattis, pasta, noodles made from whole grains should be included in the diet. Refined flour (maida) products should be strictly avoided. Limit the consumption of whole grain chapattis to about 2 chapattis, per day.
- Green coconut water: Drink green coconut water, as it provides the stomach with the necessary rest, vitamins, and minerals which provide an excellent and easy remedy for gastritis.
Foods to be avoided:
Several foods produce a large amount of acid in your stomach leading to gastritis. You should avoid intake of such foodstuffs in your diet:
- Salty and spicy foods
- Vinegar and vinegar based food items.
- Aerated drinks, citrus juices, caffeine.
- High fat/cholesterol contained food items.
- Beef, fried fish, and pork.
- Baked products like cookies, cakes, chocolates.
Medical therapies/ options:
Several allopathic medicines are used for the treatment of gastritis, but their prolonged use can lead to problems like weak bones, constipation, vomiting. Antibiotics are used to kill h. Pylori bacteria, which causes ulcers and gastritis in your digestive tract. Antacids normalize acid production by blocking the action of the parts of cells that produce acids. Ulcer healing agents protect the tissues that line your stomach and small intestine. Besides these, surgery is preferred in complicated cases of gastritis like pus or mucous filled infections in stomach and intestines.
Ayurvedic and herbal therapies:
In Ayurveda, gastritis is known as urdhavaga amalapitta. It is caused in people who have pitta dosha, which means disturbance in the digestion of food leading to indigestion. When the pitta dosha gets increased in such people, there are greater chances of getting gastritis. Ayurvedic preparations like dhaatriloha, sukumaraghrita, sootashekhara rasa, kaamadudha rasa, leela vilas rasa, chandrakala rasa, amalakichoorna, triphalachoornaand amalapittantaka rasa are beneficial in gastritis. If there is constipation along with gastritis, then avipattikarachoorna is taken as the medicine of choice.
Few herbs that are beneficial for gastritis patients are
- Cardamom (ilaayachee): soothes the stomach. It is especially beneficial if the gastritis causes heartburn.
- Fennel (sauph): is digestive, traditionally used by Indians. Fennel gives the soothing effect to the stomach, facilitates digestion, reduces flatulence and relieves the stomach of excess acidity.
- Ginger (adrakh): it is effective in treating indigestion that is associated with gastritis. It is especially useful for people who consume more of a non-vegetarian food.
- Amla: Amla is very beneficial in the treatment of several stomach ailments including gastritis.
- Sandalwood (chandan): helps in gastritis because it has cooling properties. It can soothe the stomach muscles inflamed by gastritis.
- Asparagus: it's roots are effective in reducing the hyperacidity of the digestive system.
- Licorice (mulethi) root powder: the root of the licorice soothes the injury of the stomach and also reduces the h pylori.
Diabetes is a known and common medical condition in which glucose or sugar levels gradually build up in a person's bloodstream. In such conditions, enough insulin is not present for moving sugar inside your cells. When such a situation arises, sugar is utilized for obtaining energy. Due to this, your body will tend to rely on alternative sources of energy in the muscles, tissues, and organs. This process continues resulting in a chronic disorder.
Symptoms of chronic or Type 2 diabetes
Warning signs of type 2 diabetes usually develop very slowly. You might have it for years without even knowing about it. Due to excessive sugar building within your bloodstream, fluid tends to come out from tissues. In turn, your thirst might increase and lead to frequent and excess urination because of additional water consumption. If you have chronic diabetes and is unaware of it, then gradually fluid might be pulled out from eyes' lenses and lead to blurred vision along with an inability to focus properly.
Some patients with type 2 diabetes also get affected by frequent kidney, skin, bladder infections. Due to high blood sugar level, such infections might take a long time to heal completely. If you possess dark patches and velvety skin especially in the folds of neck and armpits or any other body parts, then it will be a wise decision to consult your physician immediately as it is another warning sign of chronic diabetes.
Besides increasing thirst, another basic and contradictory symptom of type 2 diabetes is increased hunger along with weight loss. Despite consuming more food than usual to cope up with the increased hunger, an individual having high blood sugar may lose weight. You might also feel irritated or tired if the cells of your body are deprived of sugar. Various other symptoms including foot pain, yeast infections, itchy skin, numb feeling, etc. are also present and the signs become severe and more dangerous with the progress of the disease.
What is the perfect time to visit a doctor?
If you notice any of the above mentioned symptoms of chronic diabetes, then that is the best or perfect time to see a physician. It is not mandatory that you will definitely have this health disorder if you observe any symptom within yourself. If you have excessive work pressure for a couple of days, then for sure you will feel exhausted. But, that does not mean your fatigue is the warning sign of diabetes. For being, sure enough, it is best to consult a trained medical practitioner.
Without proper treatment, diabetes can also become threatening to life. This chronic health disorder might result in complications related to heart, and during pregnancy, it can prove deadly.Maintaining a healthy eating habit, controlling weight, performing a daily physical exercise and consuming recommended medications will help in controlling high blood sugar level.