There is a problem in my shoulder. Problem is that when I throw ball or anything it give me a lot of pain for 2 minute. It is right shoulder. Please tell me what is problem and how can I get relief.
Hi, myself Aditya. I wanted to ask about my fathers foot pain in his left leg. He his actually suffering from severe foot pain from last 2 weeks and his legs are swollen up leaving behind a severe pain. So can you please guide me why is this happening to him and what steps should I take so that he gets relief.
I am 25 years old male and have shoulder pain last 4 years. Basically I am a sports man (fast bowler -cricketer) when I am in bowling shoulder does not pain but when I throw the ball that time I will feel pain. I consult ortho doctor that doctor carried all test (including MRI scan also) but there is no tear off in shoulder muscles. That doctor gives prescription of 6 months tendocare tablets. I used but no improvement still I have pain what can I do? Please consult me.
I feel pain in my right hand from previous 1 year. It is aching alot in the vein connecting from my neck, shoulder or sometime in arm. I have done x-ray of my hand. But nothing was found in the diagnosis. I consult one orthopedic doctor & he said there is some problem in my vein. He told me to take 5 injections for vein, & medicines. But all in-vain. There is no problem while doing work. But when I sleep at night by right side down, I can't raise my hand in the morning without support. There is also problem in raising my right hand to back. I do some exercise for my hand. But still I couldn't help me be cured. Please, help me to be cured.
Joint pain is considered to be one of the first few signs of aging. According to the science of Ayurveda, joint pain is triggered mainly by an accumulation of toxins in the body. These toxins can create an imbalance in the doshas which in turn can cause pain and inflammation on the joints. Along with joint pain, a person is likely to experience a loss of flexibility, weakness, tenderness and enlargement of the joints.
Unlike some popular forms of medication that focus on relieving the pain, Ayurveda addresses the root cause of the issue. Panchkarma aims at cleansing the body of toxins and clearing blockages in the body’s digestive and circulatory system. This helps the vatta dosha flow easily through the body and reduces pain associated with arthritis etc. Panchkarma can be defined as a collection of five ayurvedic techniques. These are:
- Vasti or Medicated Enema: Vasti aims at removing toxins and waste products from the body through the colon. In doing this, it cleanses the digestive channels and improves circulation of air or the vatta dosha in the body. With better circulation, joint pain is effectively reduced. An enema also nourishes the body and gives it the strength to rebuild tissues while boosting the immune system.
- Abhyanga or Full Body Massage: This technique helps I the removal of toxins from deep tissues within the body. It pacifies the vatta and nourishes the body while simultaneously reducing stress and enabling better quality sleep. A full body massage also helps calm the body both physically and mentally.
- Potli or Poultice Massage: As the name suggests, a potli involves massaging the body with medicated herbs tied together in a tiny bundle that has been warmed with medicated oils. This potli is then used to massage the entire body. This technique helps relax the muscles of the body and soothes the aggravated vatta dosha. It is very effective when it comes to providing relief from joint pains caused by arthritis, spondylitis, muscle cramps etc.
- Pizhichil or Rich Oil Massage: A rich oil massage involves subjecting the body to streams of lukewarm oil that has medicinal properties while simultaneously softly massaging the body. This type of massage helps relieve tension and stress and is a very effective remedy against joint pains. It is highly recommended in the case of rheumatic diseases.
- Svedana or Steam Bath: A steam bath helps cleanse the body both physically and mentally by aiding in the removal of toxins through sweat and calming the mind. It also helps soften the muscles and tissues and dilates the channels in the body.
I am 19 years old girl. My problem is that I keep on yawning the whole day even if I sleep for more than 8 hours/day. Be it studying or playing, I keep on yawning every time, even if i'm having interest in studies. What should I do? Please help me!
A day after a good workout session at gym, I am hearing a popping sound in my shoulder and bone/ muscle overlapping or moving one over other, though I feel a little pain when I move my hand up and down. Just curious to know is it any sign of injury or this happens? For this I got many replies and remedies like icing, low frequency exercise ,rest, it's been almost two weeks, still same condition.
Hello Doctor, I have a pain in my feet for 3 days after running with wrong shoes. Please help to cure this issue.
Hi. My grandma (65), has joint pain and foot pain. Is there any ointments, oils, treatments particularly for that. Please make sure it might very effective to her.
Hello Doctor my age 26 3 month se Jab subah uthata hu to stand hone par mere pure flat foot (Talwe) me bahot pain hota hai mostly center of ankle (Aedi) me. Pls suggests me homeopathy medicine. Thank you.
Sometimes, the joint that connects the big toe to the feet may develop an unnatural hump. This condition is known as bunions. Sometimes, it may so happen that the big toe move towards the other toes, pushing the base of the toe outward, leading to the development of bunions. There are ways, by which you treat bunions. Some of them are-
- Medication: Visiting a doctor is the most prudent step to take in case you are suffering from bunions. The inflammation and the swelling that accompany bunions can be initially treated by medicines and pain relievers.
- Heating pad: Heating pad generally treats and manages pain by applying heat on the affected areas. In the case of bunions, heating pad has emerged as an effective way to deal with bunions.
- Ice pack: Working on a principle, which is the very reverse of heating pad, ice packs uses refrigerant gel or cold water to treat injuries.
- Wearing the shoe of the right size: Bunions are generally the result of wearing ill-fitting shoes. Therefore, one of the easiest way to deal with it would probably be wearing the right size.
- Bunion pads: At the initial stages, a bunion can be treated by wearing a bunion pad. This will help to realign the toe that had deviated as well as reduce the ensuing pain.
- Foot exercises: Exercises have always proved to be an efficient way in dealing with various physical deformities, and a bunion is no different. Few foot exercises can work wonders in treating bunions.
- Surgery: This is used in the case of extreme situations. When the condition persists, then the intervention of a surgery becomes important to realign the affected toe.
Sir/mam I am 24 year old guy my problem is that I daily used to sleep at 11 pm and I wake up at 2 am or 3 am after that I don't sleep my eyes want to sleep but they can't My brain keep thinking and thinking Can you help me to get rid of this.
My mom has pain in left shoulder and the doctor has suggested her physiotherapist can any doctor tell me what more precaution can I take as she get quick relief.
I have pain in my foot ankle. This pain happens whenever I am riding the bike, during the gear change, it pains a lot. Also while using the stairs, pain comes.
Hello doc, I've a severe pain on my left wrist. It started 2-3 days before. I've a 4 month old baby. I find it difficult to lift the baby. Please revert.
Runner’s knee is a very common problem with athletes. It is definitely not something one needs to worry about. In fact, with certain exercises, it can be prevented and if you do develop a runner’s knee, it can be treated with some exercises as well.
There are special sports medical practitioners who prescribe not only regular physiotherapy, but also specific exercises to deal with specific sports injuries. To fight with runner’s knee pain, there are a few exercises.
But the four most important ones are described in detail below.
- Quads: For performing proper quads, all you need is a back wall for additional support. You need to hold yourself against the wall and keep your legs apart from each other. The legs should be folded in the knees. In this position, you have to move up till the knee position with a minimum of one minute hold time in the knee position. You can repeat this exercise 10 times at a stretch before moving on to the next exercise.
- Hamstring: This is a fairly easier exercise than the previous one. You have to stand straight with your legs apart. Bend downwards from your hips. Relax your neck and back. Ease your head downwards as well. Keep your hands behind. Join both your hands and give it a stretch. If you think that this position is straining your neck or back a little too much, then you can simply stretch your hands without joining them.
- Calves: Calves is a standard exercise that is prescribed by medical practitioners and physiotherapists for easing out the pain caused by runner’s knee. You have to stand with your hand against the wall. Put your left leg forward and bend it at the knees. Stand on your right heel. Hold yourself in this position for 20 to 30 seconds before changing the legs and doing the same.
- Lateral: Lateral is also one of the easiest and common forms of exercises. You have to stand with your legs directly below your hips. Then stretch your right leg apart. Without bending your knees, try to touch the toes of your right leg with the fingers of your left hand. Hold this position for 20 to 30 seconds before changing the position and performing the lateral with your left leg.
Thus, these are some of the very fundamental exercises that one should follow in order to get quick relief from the pains of a runner’s knee. These exercises are very easy and help in reducing pain.