Ageing is an irreversible process of human existence. With ageing, your skin will start to show problems and one of them would be the loosening or sagging of skin. While there are many treatments available to counter this problem, one of the most effective and popular methods is laser skin tightening.
In this method, a focused beam of infrared light is used to heat up the collagen under the skin. This triggers collagen growth resulting in the skin becoming tighter, thus, reduces sagging, wrinkles, lines and other blemishes in the process.
Who can go for laser skin tightening?
Laser skin tightening is targeted towards both men and women of any age. Most of the candidates who avail of laser skin tightening are within the age range of 30 to 60 years and have common complaints about skin caused due to age. Some of the problems that laser skin tightening can deal with very well are mentioned as follows:
Tightening and repairing loose facial skin
Reducing fine lines all over the body
Reducing wrinkles all over the body
However, you should know that laser skin tightening will not be able to correct loose facial skin if they form jowls or droopy sacs. In such cases you may need to avail of other surgeries, such as a face lift to correct the laxity of facial skin. You can then follow it up with laser skin tightening to eliminate the remaining wrinkles or lines.
Which of the areas of the body can be treated by laser skin tightening?
This form of treatment has been found to be very effective with skin from all over the body. Some of the areas which can be treated are
Neck among others
Laser skin tightening can treat even moderate amount of laxity in all of these areas, thus reducing the need to go for more invasive types of surgery such as tummy tuck surgery or even liposuction.
When would laser skin tightening not be applicable?
Laser skin tightening is a very commonly availed procedure all around the world and there are very few risks usually associated with it. However, it is not advisable in certain circumstances:
If one is prone to having herpes outbreaks
If anyone has suffered or is currently suffering from skin cancer
- It is not recommended for pregnant women either
Pigmentation of the skin is a medical term, which refers to the phenomena of colouring. Our skin is made up of cells that produce a pigment named melanin. The colour of the skin largely depends on the production of melanin. If more melanin is produced, the skin looks darker and vice-versa. When the melanin producing cells are damaged due to long exposure to sunlight, pregnancy or any other disease, pigmentation of the skin takes place. The skin may get dark entirely or in patches due to pigmentation. In some cases, decolouration takes place or white patches are formed on the skin.
Causes and Types of Pigmentation
The type of skin pigmentation depends on the cause behind it. Here are some of the common causes and types:
- Melanin: The skin colour varies from one person to another due to the presence of a pigment called melanin. It is produced by melanocytes cells in our body. Melanin protects our skin from damage on exposure to sunlight. When we spend long hours under the sun, the melanin production is increased. This gives a tanned look.
- Freckles: These are caused by clusters of melanin. These gets accumulated or concentrated in clusters on being exposed to sunrays.
- Liver Spots/Age Spots: These are also known as solar lentigos. This can be due to ageing or excessive exposure to UV rays.
- Birthmarks: These are referred to the irregular blemish that appears on any part of the body soon after birth or at the time of birth. These are of two types—vascular and pigmented.
- Melasma/Chloasma Faciei: This is usually found in pregnant women. It occurs due to the over-activation of melanocytes as there is a hormonal imbalance.
- Post-inflammatory hyper pigmentation: This refers to inflammation as a result of inflammation caused by trauma.
Treatment: There are several ways to treat skin pigmentation. There are medicines and cosmetics available in the markets, which help in getting rid of the pigmentation. Skin pigmentation can also be tackled by certain home-based remedies. Here are some of these remedies:
- Milk and honey face pack: Milk is known to contain lactic acid. Apply a mixture of milk and honey on the affected part of the skin. This makes the hyper pigmented skin lighter in colour.
- Vegetable juices: Some vegetables like tomatoes, cucumber and potato are effective in getting rid of the skin pigments. Cut slices of these vegetables and rub them over the affected parts. The juices from these vegetables will lighten the pigmented part.
- Avocado magic: It is advisable to peel off an avocado and apply its juice with honey over the affected area.
- Add Vitamin E to your diet: Include foods rich in vitamin E in your meals. It helps in restoring the pigmented skin back to its normal form.
- Face mask: There are several face masks available that can work wonder in curing pigmentation of the skin. You can use face packs containing oatmeal, honey, sandalwood, turmeric powder, raw milk, and orange powder.
- Sun screen: It is important to guard your skin against the ultraviolet rays. UV rays lead to pigmentation of the skin. So, apply a sunscreen lotion or cream before stepping out of your home.
- Take up some exercise: A key to a healthy skin is a good lifestyle. One must exercise regularly to maintain proper blood circulation throughout the body. Proper flow of blood keeps the skin healthy and free from pigmentation.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol and cigarettes: The consumption of alcohol and cigarettes leads to the generation of toxins in our blood stream. This is harmful to our skin.
- Cocoa butter: It has nourishing and de-tanning effects on the skin. Use a cream that contains cocoa butter extracts on daily basis.
- Oil massage: Certain oils like olive and almond are good for treating damaged skin.
I am 18 years old. My lips are darker in colour. Please prescribe me any treatment for it. Currently I am using Glomax lip gel.
I have red rashes near my upper thighs. I used fourderm cream but it comes back again and again. So prescribe me some oral drugs and some cream through which it can be cured.
What shall I apply to get rid of dark circles under and over my eyes? But suggest me home remedies please. My skin type is dry. And my T zone is getting dark. especially above lips and chin part. Please help me getting rid of these things.
Dr. for me lips are black due to so much of coffee please tell me any natural remedies to get pink lips.
Hi I have used lots of home remedies and lip balms for getting rid of dry and black lips. But unfortunately got no result. Is there any solution for dry and dark lips.
I have a big ball like structure on by right breast with black color I am 16 years old buy. What it could be. Thank you.
I am 20 years 0ld female. I have lots of skin problem like black sport which left over by pimples, uneven skin tone, suntan and fineline near my lip area. My skin is dry.
My Dad, 51 years old, is left with very less sensation and muscle power below his knee in the right leg after getting treatment for Deep Vein Thrombosis. He is unable to lift his feet especially the toes and can’t put pressure on it. The current doctor advised that the he needs to take anti coagulants for a long time and there cannot be any more healing of the leg, however I am much optimistic. The muscles below his knee on the back side are very weak and pressing on those muscles makes a pins and needle sensation on toes and below the feet. The clots are also still there, however small. Now he is only taking Pradaxa and folic acid. There is no improvement in his leg condition, he is not able to walk without the foot splint and it is impossible to drive or even walk fast, climb etc. I am very worried and thus searching for a second opinions and any alternative treatment or medicine which can help his condition History of DVT - It started with pain in his left leg two years ago in July 2014 and it got well in around 9 days. After that Doppler test was taken which suggested clotting. After some days excruciating pain started in the right leg through the hip side which shifted to front of the right leg, the whole leg blackened due to clotting. He was rushed to emergency where doctor stabilized him and gave him Acitrom. There was huge blood loss and his veins became very weak. He got referred to a neurologist where NCV test was done along with whole body test. He was prescribed Pradaxa tab. After this there was no movement and sensation below right ankle. The doctor asked him to wear a foot drop splint along with physiotherapy sessions. It would be great help if you can advise on a prognosis or about a treatment if there is one. If you think his condition can be helped I would surely bring my father to the place of your practice. I won't to him to heal and get better not just taking medicines to curb the condition.
I am 17 years old. How we get glowing face .I was anemia patient .I use very products but they don't work on my face. From my face expression me and everyone is am ill and I don't feel good.
How we get healthy body and glowing skin. I use all healthy fruits ,vegetables and irons tables but it doesn't work on me. I haven't glow on my skin and healthy body.
I have dark complexion. Is there any trick to be fare instantly? Reply me only if the remedy is both instant and reliable.
Kojic cream or glyco 6 cream? Which is better to use for skin lightning and clear skin to be used for lifelong?
I am surfing from multiple rash in arm pit, calf, bum over last few month. Also tried various anti-fungal cream for the same but all in vein. Can I have best treatment with your suggestion.
I have itching on testis with slight skin eruption. I applied clotrimazole but it is not effective. Please guide and is it affect sex life as we are planning for a baby I mean STD? Or to the fetus.
Dear sir / madam My skin on belly side and under surround infection (red type skin) tell me any medicine name.
Dear sir /madam My skin in belly side and under surround infection (red type) tell me any medicine name.
I have 3 by 2 inch permanent tattoo on my wrist is it possible to remove and how much it costs around?
Near By Clinics
General SurgeonBanashankari, Bangalore, Bangalore