Doctor in Sri Sai Clinic
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Sri Sai ClinicYour feedback matters!
Ulcerative Colitis is a chronic inflammatory disease that affects the lining of the intestine and the rectum. It is located just above the anus. Patients suffering from ulcerative colitis tend to have small ulcers in their rectum and the colon. These eventually flare up leading to diarrhea, bloody stools, anemia and abdominal pain. The inflammation starts from the rectum and eventually, spreads to the colon. Ulcerative Colitis tends to flare up and remit in an alternate phase. The remission can last from few weeks to few years.
Methods adopted to diagnose Ulcerative Colitis-
Ulcerative Colitis is very similar to an inflammatory bowel disease known as Crohn’s disease. The only differentiating factor is the fact that, ulcerative colitis affects the colon whereas, Crohn’s disease affects the digestive system and the small intestine. A doctor might prescribe certain tests such as the colonoscopy, blood tests, CT scan, pill camera, stool sample tests etc.
Why is surgery necessary to treat Ulcerative Colitis?
An estimated 40 percent of all Ulcerative Colitis patients need to undergo surgery to recover completely. The reason surgery becomes necessary to treat ulcerative colitis are the following:
- Drug therapy and medication become ineffective.
- Without undergoing surgery, the condition might increase the risk of developing cancer.
- The colon has the risk of getting ruptured if surgery is not performed on time.
- There could be excessive bleeding.
- Toxic megacolon might set in.
Types of surgery available to treat Ulcerative Colitis
A procedure where the entire colon is removed is known as the colectomy. In case both the colons are removed, the procedure is termed as proctocolectomy. In this procedure, an external pouch needed to be attached to the stoma that collects the stools. There is another method known as pouch surgery.
Pelvic pouch or ileal pouch is also termed as IPAA. This procedure doesn’t involve permanent stoma. In this procedure, both the colon and the rectum are eradicated from the body. The small intestine is then used to form a J-shaped pouch, that serves as the new rectum. The pouch is then connected to the anus. The whole procedure is done via two surgeries.
What are the surgical complications of this procedure?
- There could be an excessive bowel movement.
- There are instances where an inflammation of the pouch is observed. This condition is known as pouchitis.
- There could be a situation of intestinal blockage from adhesion due to surgery.
- There could be pouch failure that can happen inside within 5 few years. This is observed in 4 out of 100 patients who are treated. In this case, the patient should go for a permanent ileectomy.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Vertebroplasty means shaping the backbone i.e. vertebra for backbone and plasty is related to shape. This is an outpatient procedure done to treat compression fractures of the spinal cord. The backbone is made up of multiple small bones which are stacked one on top of the other with a filling material in between that is known as vertebrae. The stack of bones are held in place by the soft, elastic vertebral material.
Vertebroplasty & similar procedure called kyphoplasty is a non-surgical procedure where collapsed vertebrae is brought back to shape by injecting medical bone cement under fluroscopy / image intensifier in OT, thereby relieving pressure on the spinal cord or spinal nerves with special canula directed to the core of vertebral body. Indicated in osteoporotic vertebrae, spinal fracture, metastatic tumour or primary tumour of spine. This technique has replaced major surgery done earlier to reshape & fix vertabrae.
Technique: Bone cement, in a semisolid state, is injected into the weakened or fractured bone space. Once this solidifies, it provides additional support to the spine, enabling normal movement. It also helps in reducing the pain significantly and improves the overall mobility.
In what takes about an hour, the following steps are done. Earlier, a few decades ago, this would be an open surgical procedure. However, with advance technology, now it is done using a small incision
- Local anesthesia is given in the area that needs to be operated
- A biopsy needle is inserted into the fractured space with the help of an X-ray
- The acrylic bone cement is injected into the bone space with a needle to fill up the space, once it solidifies, it stabilizes the vertebral space
- The needle is removed and the incision is covered with a bandage
- Usually the patient is sent home in an hour’s time unless the overall condition is really bad
- There could be some soreness at the site where injection is given, but one can notice a significant reduction in pain from the day of the procedure
- There is also improvement in mobility while doing daily chores
- The pain relief can last up to 3 years after the procedure
- Returning back to normal activities takes about 3 to 4 days after the procedure
When to use this procedure?
Vertebroplasty is usually done in case of non-radicular pain that is intractable. In most cases, they do not respond to traditional therapies including physiotherapy, pain medications and even surgery. The pain could be due to:
- Cancer metastasis
- Spinal hemangiomas
- Traumatic fractures
Benefits of using vertebroplasty for managing pain
- Minimally invasive
- Effective way to get relief
- Improves mobility
- Reduces need for long-term use of painkillers
- Stabilizes the spine and prevents further collapse
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am running 61 years age. No sugar and for BP I am known to keep 70by100. On 16/2/2018 I had taken 2 glass of lukewarm water in the morning, done routine light home exercise on ground and a cup of tea and had done free motion and left for office in company bus 25 kilometers as usual. At about 8 AM I felt giddiness so taken to company hospital and I had developed vomiting sensation and had done vomiting 4/5 times, but nothing expelled except saliva and little engulfed cough, as the stomach was empty and BP this time was 90by140 and blood sugar was 108. By 2 PM the giddiness reduced to almost 90% but feeling of silence clubed with some heaviness in the brain continued till next day. After this incident feeling of, heaviness in the brain, I am feeling daily in the morning. I want to know probable cause for the same and what precautions are suggested so sa to avert its recurrence. Kindly advise D.T.Choudhari, VIZAG.
3 Penis Workouts That Will Stretch Your Manhood and Make It Longer in No Time
If you are looking for penis workouts that will give you a longer penis size in no time at all, then you have come to the right place. This article will teach you 3 easy penis workouts that you can do stretch your manhood and make it longer.
Workout 1: The A-Stretch
The A-stretch will require you to get a semi-erection to start and to prepare yourself to do 5 repetitions each time. Most penis workouts will require nothing but your hands; for this particular one, you will need both of them.
To start, grab your manhood an inch below the glans and then pull it straight out. After that, place your second arm under your stretched manhood and grab the wrist of your first arm with it. To add more force, try pushing up with your second arm. Hold the stretch for around half a minute. Finish the exercise after doing 5 complete repetitions.
Workout 2: The Assisted A-Stretch
There are quite a few modified penis workouts that you can follow out there, as well, one of which is the assisted A-stretch. The assisted A-stretch is basically just a modified version of the stretch mentioned above. As with the regular A-stretch, the assisted A-stretch will require you to get a semi-erection to start and to prepare yourself to do 5 repetitions each time. Aside from your hands, however, you will also need a cylindrical object to help you out with the exercise, like a soda can or a PVC pipe with a thick diameter.
To start, grab your manhood an inch below the glans and then pull it straight out. After that, place your choice of cylindrical object under your manhood and stretch your penis over it while pushing up onto the object at the same time. Hold the stretch for around half a minute. Finish the exercise after doing 5 complete repetitions.
Workout 3: The Internal Stretch
The internal stretch concentrates on stretching out the inner penis, which refers to bit of your penis that can be found inside of your body. To do this exercise, you have to get a semi-erection to start and prepare yourself to do 5 repetitions each time.
Most penis workouts will require nothing but your hands; for this particular one, you will need both of them. To start, sit down with your legs spread and make an OK sign with one of your hands. Place that sign onto the base of your penis, with your actual penis and your testicles hanging outside of your grip. It would be important not to grab your testicles while doing this particular exercise!
Then, stretch your manhood straight up while grabbing your penis with your other hand an inch below the glans. Hold the stretch in place for about half a minute before resting and then doing another repetition. Finish the exercise after doing 5 complete repetitions.
Penis workouts are actually very common nowadays and men from all over the world follow them to get the penis size that they want. If you happen to be interested in penis enlargement yourself, though, then these exercises would be the best method for you to follow to get the job done. After all, they will ensure that you get your dream size in the end, but in the safest way possible.
Since penis workouts mostly use nothing but your hands in the process and don't involve ingestion of different chemicals or the use of harmful devices, you can be sure that you won't harm yourself unintentionally by following them.
Appendicitis is a chronic or acute medical condition where the appendix gets inflamed and causes severe pain. If left untreated, the condition can prove to be fatal. The appendix is a small tube shaped sac at the end of the large intestine. In humans, it is typically not known to have any functional value although some studies suggest that it helps digestion by creating a conducive environment for friendly bacteria. Surgical removal of the appendix is suggested as the most common treatment for the ailment.
One of the key causes of appendicitis is believed to be the partial or complete obstruction at the mouth of the appendix. The common causes of obstruction include accumulation of fecal matter, worms, enlarged lymphoid follicles, trauma or tumors. It is also possible that an infection in the stomach could have extended into the appendix.
Appendix is commonly detected because of its progressive worsening pain in the stomach which narrows down to the lower right side of the abdomen called McBurney point. Half of the patients though do not have this typical symptom and instead come in with a complaint of gastroenteritis, urinary tract infection or even a kidney stone. Further blood tests, urine tests and MRIs or ultrasounds are used to pinpoint the area causing the pain.
In most cases of advance appendix, a surgical intervention is necessary. The type of surgery will vary on a case to case basis.
Homeopathy can be tried in early stages and is especially useful to treat chronic and recurrent cases. It works with the principle of 'like cures like' which means that the elements that cause the problem are a key to its solution too. It employs a holistic healing methodology getting rid of the signs and symptoms and restoring complete health. While other treatments focus on curing the 'problem', homeopathy also deals with the basic reason of the problem and the individual's susceptibility to it. Here are some of the remedies:
1. Arsenicum album: This is used when the appendicitis has resulted in sepsis and the patient also suffers from diarrhea.
2. Belladonna: This is an early stage remedy for cases where appendicitis is accompanied by headache, fever
3. Bryonia alba: This is an effective remedy when the pain aggravates with movement.
4. Colocynthis: This is a recommended remedy when the patient experiences spasmodic or entwining pain which worsens with indigestion. Applying warm pressure over the area helps in such cases
5. Rhus Tox: This remedy is also called the 'homeopathic knife' to treat appendicitis. It is used when the pain is constant and the patient is never free from pain.
To customize the selection of the remedies according to your specific symptoms, it is best to consult with a practitioner. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Sciatica refers to the pain one experiences due to the irritation or compression of nerve roots contributing to formation of Sciatic nerve. The sciatic nerve is the longest and widest nerve in the body, running from the lower back, down to the back of each leg. The pain can occur in the lower back and spread to the hips, buttocks and leg. Sciatica generally affects one side of the body. There are numerous causes of irritation of the sciatic nerve and sciatica.
Some of them are:
- Spinal Stenosis: The narrowing of the spinal canal caused by natural wear and tear of the vertebrae (individual bones in the spine protecting underlying nerves) of the spine is known as spinal stenosis. The narrowing may put pressure on the roots of the sciatic nerve, causing pain.
- Herniated Disc: A disc is made up of cartilage and acts as a cushion between vertebrae, allowing flexibility of the spine. A herniated or slipped disc occurs when a disc is temporarily pushed out of place, putting pressure on the sciatic nerve.
- Spondylolisthesis: It is a condition where one of the lower vertebrae slips forward over another. This also causes a collapse of the disc space between both, causing the nerve to get pinched. This may cause sciatica.
- Piriformis Syndrome: Piriformis is a muscle found deep inside the buttocks, which connects the lower spine to the upper thighbone, running directly over the sciatic nerve. Spasming of this muscle can pressurize the sciatic nerve, triggering symptoms of sciatica.
- Sacroilitis: Sacroillac joints are the place where the lower spine meets the pelvis and inflammation of one or both of these joints causes sacroilitis. This can give rise to symptoms of sciatica as it causes pain in the lower back, buttocks and legs.
- Spinal tumors: Very rarely, tumors growing inside or along the spine may put pressure on the sciatic nerve.
- Infection or injury: Muscle inflammation, infections, fractures or any other spinal injury may lead to irritation or compression of the sciatic nerve.
- Pregnancy: Pregnant women may suffer from sciatica due to weight gain, expansion of the uterus or increased fluid retention or other changes occurring in the body, which put pressure on the sciatic nerve.
- Other causes: Osteoarthritis and fractures caused by osteoporosis may also affect the sciatic nerve, producing symptoms of sciatica.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
How to Boost Testosterone With Foods and Supplements?
Do you have energy and stamina that you had in your twenties?
Trust me, you are not alone. Men begin losing testosterone once they cross 30 and the effects of low testosterone become apparent by the time they reach 40.
Some of the most common effects of low testosterone include reduced libido and energy, erectile problems, weight gain, loss of lean muscle, weaker bones, irritable behavior etc.
However, it is possible to boost testosterone levels in your body with the help of some simple changes in diet. Listed below are some foods that can help elevate your testosterone levels:
1. Red meat - I know it is high in cholesterol but it is also high in protein. Foods that are rich in protein can help increase testosterone production in the body. The key is to have them in moderation. So, just enjoy your steak!
2. Fish - Fish is not just a great source of protein but is also rich in essentials fats like omega 3 fatty acids. It is important to know that your body needs essentials fats to produce steroid hormones like testosterone. Apart from this, such fats also keep your arteries well oiled to ensure better blood circulation. This can help boost your libido too.
3. Nuts and beans - including a small serving of nuts and beans in your daily diet can help ensure a testosterone boost for your body. Nuts and beans are a rich source of essential fats and minerals like zinc that help stimulate testosterone production in the body.
4. Oysters - I am sure you are already aware of this one. Oysters have long been used as a libido booster. What makes them great for increasing testosterone is that they are rich in zinc.
5. Cut Down on Carbs - You must also try to avoid foods that are rich in simple sugars. This is because they tend to spike Insulin levels in your body that tends to interfere with testosterone production. Thus, you must avoid or cut down on chips and potatoes.
7. No More Beer - Alcohol is proven to slow down testosterone production in the body. It can also give you a belly bulge, which again tends to be counter productive for testosterone production in the body.
Testosterone Supplements - Apart from the above foods, a natural testosterone supplement can help boost your T-levels. Some of the best supplements include natural ingredients like tribulus terrestris, ginseng, ginkgo biloba, zinc etc. They are proven to be a safe alternative to testosterone injections. They do not have any side effects and have been getting more and more popular.
Nowadays, drug abuse is a universally condemned action such that selling certain drugs are illegal. Children are not allowed to take drugs until they reach a certain age such as 21 for most states in India. Lots of problems start occurring when you are addicted to a certain drug. It is also nearly impossible to stop since the nerve cells change the way they function due to drugs.
These nerve cells overstimulate the 'reward circuit' of the brain. This means that your brain constantly needs to be 'rewarded' and this reward comes in the form of drugs. There are many reasons why people become addicts and here are some of them.
- People want to get high: This is perhaps the most common reason why people become drug addicts. The moment they take in one drug, they love the feeling they get so much that they keep wanting to go back to it.
- People want to fit in: This is also a very common reason. When all your friends and perhaps even your bosses and other superiors are taking drugs, you do not want to feel left out or ostracized by your friend group. This is why many people start taking drugs.
- Unintentionally taking drugs due to injuries or medical conditions: Sometimes a doctor prescribes a medicine for a certain time period but it does not work or works too well and so you keep taking the drug so that you will feel better. This happens more often than you think.
- People take drugs to relieve stress: This is another very common reason why people take drugs. You may easily rationalize with them thinking that taking drugs is a good way to relax from work and family pressures. However, the long term effects of taking drugs are much worse than the stress.
- Boredom from daily life: In young teens and adolescents especially, life can be so boring that they want to try something new and thus resort to drug abuse. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
The trouble with recovering from most illnesses is that we begin to treat the illness too late. Although you cannot expect your body to announce the arrival of a virus, recognizing the signs of falling sick can help treat it earlier. For example, if you can't stop sneezing and can feel the onset of the flu, getting some extra sleep may make you feel better. Here are a few signs that can predict an illness
- Reduced appetite - A slight decrease in appetite during the summer is normal but if the sight of food makes you nauseous or you stop enjoying your food, it may be a sign of an oncoming illness. These illnesses could range from a simple cold to gastroenteritis or strep throat. A diminishing diet can be a result of the production of cytokines by the body as part of its inflammatory response to infections. Lesser food takes lesser time to digest thereby using lesser calories and diverting energy towards fighting the infection.
- Swollen neck glands - Feel your neck glands, just below the jawbone to check for infections. Swollen neck glands are the body's way of letting you know that you may be falling ill. These are usually a sign of ear infections, cold, dental problems or skin infections. Neck glands are storehouses for white blood cells. When these are activated into fighting infections, the collection of dead cells, bacteria etc result in swollen neck glands.
- Fatigue - There's a difference between being tired at the end of a long day and being exhausted throughout the day. The latter is a way your body is telling you to slow down and conserve energy to fight an oncoming illness.
- Muscle aches - Aching muscles can also be a sign of the oncoming flu. One of the main reasons for this is the body's production of antibodies that release histamines and cytokines in the bloodstream. When these travel to various muscles, they can trigger pain receptors leading to body aches.
- Low fever - The ideal body temperature is 98.7 degrees. If you have a higher temperature that persists for a few days, you may be coming down with an infection. Fever is your body's way of fighting infection by raising its internal temperature. A low fever is a sign of colds, allergies, and even stomach infections.
There is a fine line between being a hypochondriac and recognizing signs of falling sick. To differentiate between the two, pay attention to the type, duration, and intensity of symptoms. If you feel like you're on the verge of falling sick, rest your body and take some multivitamins. If you experience a sudden or severe change in symptoms, consult a doctor immediately.