Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Sparsh Ortho Derma ClinicYour feedback matters!
Unani is an ancient medical practice of the Middle East that people sometimes use to try to help alleviate conditions of psoriasis. It involves incorporating a special diet, use of herbal compounds and other additional supportive medical practices.
What is Psoriasis?
It is a common immune-mediated skin disease that is characterized by chronic and inflammatory scaly deposits on the skin called plaques. The dry flakes and skin scale deposits occur due to rapid build-up of skin cells. It has a substantial impact on the quality of life with reported impairment in physical and mental functioning.
Causes and symptoms of psoriasis
Heredity is a crucial factor when it comes to psoriasis. There is no definite cause of this skin condition, but consuming opposite foods, trauma on the skin like bruises, cuts, skin irritants, excessive smoking/drinking and mental stress can be some reasons causing it.
Here are some common symptoms of psoriasis:
• Silvery scales on skin
• Itchy and burning skin
• Pus-filled skin bumps
• Dry skin patches and skin redness
• Bleeding patches in skin
• Restricted joint motion
• Inflammation and pain in skin
The Unani view
There are several topical drugs, phototherapy and systemic medications available for psoriasis. However, according to studies, almost 50% of the patients were dissatisfied with their treatment. In the absence of satisfactory cure in modern medicine, the traditional system of Unani medicine is highly beneficial in treating Psoriasis. According to the Unani view, psoriasis occurs due to burnt melancholic humour that has an irritant nature. As a result, it destroys the skin and produces intense itching, roughness and scaling. The unique formulations of Unani aims to eradicate the skin disorder.
How can Unani help treat psoriasis?
Under the banner of the Unani system of medicine, physicians emphasize to apply emollient over the affected part in the form of ointment (Margham) or oil (Rogham). In addition to this, they also advise avoiding sweet or sour items in the diet. Herbal formulations and natural ingredients are used in these topical applications. When applied to the skin lesions over a prescribed course of time, it eases the skin and gets rid of psoriasis.
Risk and safety considerations
There are several studies undertaken to prove the effectiveness of Unani medications to treat Psoriasis, most of which are positive. The Unani medicines have not shown much side effects and can be taken for a prolonged period of time to yield positive results.
Unani medicine has been proven to have a positive effect on the PASI score of the patients, which assesses the severity of psoriasis. A proper diagnosis at an early stage followed by the appropriate treatment under Unani medicine yields remarkable results.
- Poor lifestyle choices and stress: Late nights can give you under eye dark circles. When we sleep, our body starts to repair the wear and tear that occurs in our bodies through the day. Certain substances are released into the blood stream that our involved in building the immune system to enable our body to deal with the stress. Late nights can slow this process of repair and contribute to darkening around the eyes.
- Anaemia: Iron deficiency is the most common cause of dark circles.
- Chemicals: Chemicals such as mercury and silver can lead to increase pigmentation around eyes.
- Allergies, asthma and eczema: Any condition that leads to itching around the eyes, can lead to skin darkening.
- Heredity: Dark circles in most cases are genetically influenced and run in the family. Skin transparency around the eyes is inherited. Deep set eyes can also contribute to dark circles.
- Acute Illness: Some illness like viral hepatitis, typhoid and sinusities could contribute to dark circles.
- Age: Prominence of dark circles increases with age because of collagen loss which leads to the thinning of skin around the eyes.
Chemical peels: different type of peeling agents (lactic peel, glycolic peel, arginine peels) are in use. Resistant under eye pigmentation response to a mixture of alpha and betahydroxy acids followed by a mild retinol cream but this may cause some visible peeling of skin post treatment. Hence, it is important to apply moisturisers frequently after this peel with sunscreen.
Jet Peel Technology: In this procedure, specific technology is used to cleanse the skin with saline water under pressure through very fine nozzles (jet technology). The same technology can be used to enhance lymphatic drainage, which would help reduce the puffiness around the eyes.
Lasers: Lasers around the eyes after using protective eye shields followed by sunscreen application regularly.
PRP (Platelet-Rich-Plasma): The procedure is gaining popularity as an enhancement treatment. Your own blood is used to extract growth factors used in the treatment. The growth factors help in collagen and elastin generation, which leads to tautness of the skin and wrinkle reduction.
Skin Care and Under eye creams
Over the counter creams: Creams containing Vitamin C or K, elastin, collagen, AHAs and kinetin.
Prescription creams containing dilute glycolic acid, kojic acid, arbutin, nicotinic acid, mild low potency cortison creams.
Eye care tips:
- Drink lots of water
- Sunscreen around eyes
- Sunglasses when outdoors
We all desire for long, voluminous, lustrous hair and often crib about our hair not growing long enough or taking ample time to grow. But, we tend to forget that the secret behind beautiful hair is healthy hair. To maintain a long and healthy hair you must follow a rigorous regime. The following are a few tips to keep your hair long and healthy.
- Get to know your hair: This is the primary step to attain your goal of having a long and beautiful hair. Knowing your hair type (dry or oily; fizzy or straight etc.) and figuring out a meticulous hair care routine is of utmost importance. You may also consider professional help.
- Choose the correct products: This step needs attention. Make sure you do not get lured by advertisements. Choose products that suit your hair type. Once again for this step too, if you are unable to decide for yourself, do seek professional help.
- Learn to clean your hair in a proper manner: Message the shampoo on your scalp and rinse it properly with sufficient water. Remember to use a conditioner every time after applying shampoo, as it helps to seal the hair cuticles and restore protein and lipids. Use a towel gently to dry your hair.
- Pamper your hair with an oil message at regular intervals: Massaging your hair with oil will help it to grow faster. It also prevents your hair from dryness and being frizzy. You may also consider massaging your hair with hot oils the night before a shampoo.
- Go for regular trimmings: Trimming your hair at regular intervals will prevent your hair from split ends. Split ends hinder hair growth. So by avoiding split ends, you can make your hair grow longer.
- Avoid dryers and use a proper comb: Dryers may turn out to be very harmful for your hair. Using a dryer at close proximity to your hair may damage your hair. Try to dry your hair naturally. Also, use a proper comb that will not hurt your scalp. Combing in the right direction is also essential. Start combing from the tips to the roots.
- Use hair revitalizers: Revitalizers, Vitamin E capsules and other essential oils may also boost your hair to a desirable length. But, make sure you consult an expert to find out the needs of your hair.
- Eat a healthy diet, exercise and have a good night's sleep: These are the key factors necessary to maintain healthy and long hair. Incorporate Vitamins such as Vitamin A, B Complex and vitamin G in your diet as these will help your hair to grow long. Exercising and sleeping will is also crucial for maintaining healthy hair. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
Hair loss can happen to anyone. Men suffer from genetic baldness and women lose hair due to hormonal shifts and life events that affect hormones like pregnancy and menopause. Once gone, hair is very difficult to call back. We may try out home remedies, apply expensive oils and creams and use special hair rejuvenating shampoos. But do they really work? No, or very little.
So, for if you are one amongst the sea of humanity looking for the perfect way to grow back hair, this article is for you…
We shall be telling you sure-shot homeopathic cures for alopecia, medical term for hair loss, right here.
Homeopathy is an alternative healing system that cures ailments by minute doses of natural substances that in larger amounts would produce symptoms of that ailment.
Apart from different causes of hair loss, there is also something called patterns of hair loss that a homeopath considers before he starts the treatment.
Almost all of us have heard of male pattern baldness which occurs due to genetics and causes hair loss in patterns on the head. Apart from this Alopecia areata is a form in which hair loss occurs due to an autoimmune disorder. The body attacks hair cells here.
Hair loss is seen in spots and patches and usually occurs in people below 20. Complete baldness where the entire scalp loses hair uniformly is another pattern. And then there is the Telogen Effluvium pattern where hair enters the telogen or the maturity stage prematurely.
Female pattern baldness also exists where there is thinning of hair on the top of the scalp. Homeopathy can treat all these patterns of hair fall effectively.
Before the homeopathic treatment can begin, the homeopath studies the case history of the patient. The cause of hair loss has to be determined and the site of alopecia identified. Homeopathy also pays a lot of attention to constitutional symptoms like eating habits, lifestyle, mental make-up level or thirst of the patient. These are important for the treatment to succeed.
After the case has been properly evaluated, the treatment can begin.
Homeopathic medicines for hair loss due to -
Fungal Infections and Eczema: Psorinum and Mezereum are both very helpful in treating eczematous skin lesions which cause profuse hair loss. Mercurius Solubilis is also excellent for treating eruptions on the scalp.
Dandruff: Thuja occidentalis and Kali sulphuricum.
After Childbirth and Menopause: Natrum muriaticum and Pulsatilla pratensis. Sepia officinalis is excellent for menopausal women.
Anaemia: Borax, Cinchona officinalis and Calcarea phosphorica are all good.
Alopecia Areata: Flouricum acidum, Phosphorous, Calcarea carbonica and Vinca minor are best.
Alopecia Totalis: Silicea, Baryta carbonica, Sulphur, Lycopodium clavatum are all good.
These homeopathic medicines treat baldness due to different causes. But we suggest that you don’t use them off the shelf but consult a homeopathic doctor who will take in mind your constitutional symptoms to prescribe a medicine that’s just right for you.
Laser hair removal is a permanent hair removal method that makes use of laser beams to reach the hair follicles before the light from the beam is absorbed by the same. This method is preferred by people who do not want to go in for traditional methods like waxing, tweezing and epilating as these require regular sessions and may not always be convenient.
So, here's all you need to know about laser hair removal:
- Precision: The laser beam that is set on to the skin gets absorbed by the pigment present in the hair follicles. Each pulse of this laser will take a nano second to treat many follicles at one time. The areas like the upper lip and the bikini line can be treated in a matter of minutes.
- Duration: Most people going through this treatment will require at least five to seven sessions so as to attain permanent hair loss.
- Preparation: The procedure does not merely consist of a process that zaps the unwanted hair. Considerable preparation has to go into it, especially since it a long term treatment method. Avoid waxing or electrolysis at least six weeks before the treatment as this may make the skin tender. Also, since the laser beams affect the hair roots that it can catch, it is best to have them grown out so that the procedure is more effective. Also, you will need to limit your time in the sun before going in for the procedure.
- Trimming: Before the procedure actually starts, the hair will require trimming. A few millimetres will be removed, just above the surface of the skin.
- Adjustments: Once the trimming is done, the laser equipment will be trained on your skin for a process of adjustment which will involve studying and adjusting as per the colour, thickness and the site of hair removal. Also, the adjustment will be done in terms of the skin colour.
- Protection: Before the laser pulses are administered, the expert will need to wear eye protection and cover the site of hair removal with a cooling gel that will protect the skin. Also, a test pulse will be administered on to a small patch first, in order to see if there is any reaction or inflammation.
- Aftermath: After the procedure, the application of anti-inflammatory creams and lotions will take place, following which the next session will be scheduled. Usually, the next session will be three to four weeks later.
You must make sure that you going to a well-known clinic where the laser hair removal process is conducted by an expert. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
Hives is a very common condition and about 20% of the world has got it at some point in their lives. There are many causes to it ranging from blood transfusions to certain allergic reactions to food. It starts off as an itchy patch of skin but slowly swells and turns into red welts. There are certain factors which makes the itching worse including stress, alcohol and scratching the area of skin which was itchy in the first place.
Here are all the causes and symptoms of hives:
- Food: Allergic reactions to foods such as nuts, eggs and shellfish are a common cause of hives.
- Medications: Certain medications also have a side effect of causing hives. Penicillin and sulfa are two of the antibiotics, which can cause hives. Ibuprofen and Aspirin are also two other medications, which are commonly known to cause hives.
- Infections: Both bacterial and viral infections can lead to hives. Strep throat, urinary tract infections, common cold and hepatitis are some of many bacterial and viral infections, which may cause hives.
- Stimuli: Certain factors such as temperature, pressure, sun exposure and other physical stimuli may cause hives as well.
- Plants and animals: Dander in animals are the flakes of skin in their fur. Moreover, coming into contact with certain poisonous plants may cause hives.
- Insects: When insects sting or bite you, you may get hives.
- Latex: Latex is a type of rubber used in many types of clothing. It has been said that wearing clothing made out of latex can cause hives.
- Pollen: Pollen is a light powdery substance produced by plants such as oak trees. It travels through the air and may cause hives if it comes into contact with your skin.
- Bumps: Itchy red bumps appear on the skin when you have hives. Sometimes, the bumps can be skin-colored as well.
- Blanching: When the bumps turn white after you press them, it is known as blanching. Blanching is the only clear symptom of hives. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
Ayurveda is an age old life science, that is known to work medical marvels. The best part about this field of medicine is that it blends the everyday remedies that touch the root cause of the issue before curing the same. Aging is an aspect that plagues one and all with its various signs hitting the skin, senses, body and hair.
So how can you use Ayurveda to turn back the aging clock of your system? Read on to find out!
- Herbs and Vayasthapana: Vayasthapana or the anti-aging effect is a herbal formula with herbs like Gotu Kola, which are known for their anti-aging properties in the field of Ayurveda. Ashwagandha is also used in this concoction. Other herbs like Amla, ginger, turmeric and Galanga are also used to create this anti-aging effect. The oil of cloves can also be used on the massage table for anti-aging.
- Radiance and Varnya: Varnya is the Ayurvedic effect of maintaining or bringing out the glow or radiance of the skin. The Varnya herbs include flame of forest, silk cotton tree, rose petals and Indian redwood. This concoction can help you retain a youthful glow on your skin, which will also keep fine lines at bay.
- Deep Healing and Branropana: With the help of Gotu Kola and other sensitive herbs, one can heal the body deeply and also enhance the skin. The herbs used here can also help in strengthening one's digestive system so that there is no Ama or toxin build up. The other herbs one can use here are turmeric, rose petals and cotton silk tree.
- Yoga: Yoga is a known method of keeping the body and senses vital and well functioning. There are a number of Yogic postures and poses that can help in the anti-aging process. These include equal standing for better balance, the tree pose, the squat pose, the downward dog pose, the plank pose for core strength and the seated twist.
- Diet and Lifestyle: Ayurveda is a science that touches every day in order to effectively heal and prevent. So, it is important to follow the Ayurvedic tenets of following a proper balance of eating, resting and activity even as you ingest regular meals at a set time with all the food groups in perfect balance.
Ayurveda can be used in order to take good care of the body even if you are not suffering from any ailments. The herbs can be ingested on a daily basis as seasoning for your food while Yoga can be practiced routinely. This will help you in delaying the aging process.
Growth and development of hair is a cyclical process. After attaining the full maturity, considering its length and thickness, the hair fall out naturally and is replaced by the growth of new one and the process goes on. If the follicles start falling out at a much faster rate then you may be suffering from a condition called Alopecia. This may result in complete or incomplete baldness which can be patchy, irregular or regular, showing a certain pattern. Pattern and frequency of loss are typically different in both men and women. Medications, care and nutrition may help prevent hair loss to some extent, however, in some cases, patients may opt for hair transplant.
The hair transplant is a process wherein hair follicles from a part of the body called the 'donor site' are moved to a bald or balding part of the body known as the 'recipient site’. It requires medical expertise and involves a dermatologist, plastic surgeon and anaesthetist along with other trained technicians. Hence the most crucial choice in reestablishing mane is the doctor or centre for HT you pick.
How do you choose doctor or centre for HT?
Who you choose will determine how natural and full your new hair will be for the rest of your life. In general, the best way to find a physician is through a referral, either from your dermatologist, general practitioner, or another patient. Perhaps, the worst way to choose a doctor is through infomercials or aggressive marketing campaign. Let us analyze a few factors you need to keep in mind before you make this choice….
- Qualification - In choosing a hair transplant surgeon, the first thing you need to know is the doctor’s speciality. Ideally, he or she must be certified as a dermatologist or plastic surgeon.
- Experience – Check for how many years has the physician been dedicated to doing hair transplantation? The skill, talent, and experience of hair restoration physicians vary widely, as do the end results.
- Approach – Check whether the physician takes a holistic approach to hair loss treatment and also offers advice or directly suggests HT? Make sure to have a thorough examination, including having your density checked with a densitometer and your scalp assessed for laxity (looseness). Make sure you are not being rushed into surgery.
- Procedure - Perhaps the biggest decision to make once you have decided to have a hair transplant is whether to have the doctor harvest the donor hair through a long, thin strip via Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT) or as individual follicular units using Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE). The doctor can help you decide which is best for you.
- Trust but verify review patient results - Can the surgeon provide a list of names and phone numbers of patients willing to discuss their personal experiences? Patient testimonials will say a lot.
When choosing any kind of health care practitioner, doctor or centre for HT you should go with your gut. If you feel uncomfortable with a doctor, it is usually a sign that you are in the wrong place.
Psoriasis is a skin disease, which develops in men and women often during middle age and above. Although tests and researches are being carried out in various laboratories around the world, the exact cause of this condition is yet unknown. Psoriasis is not infectious. In other words, it does not spread by coming in contact with someone suffering from it. In case you see that you are just developing psoriasis or it is in its early stages, then you can opt for some simple and natural methods of curing it. These home remedies fall under Ayurvedic treatments and help you in getting rid of this disease before it spreads further into your body.
- Moist skin: Apply lots of moisturizer on your body. This is done to keep the skin moist and supple. The more your skin becomes dry, the chances of it bleeding and causing infections increase. It is often recommended to apply body oil or sesame oil before taking a bath as it softens the skin.
- Use natural body soaps: Sometimes the body soaps that you use are made of harsh chemicals. These chemicals come in contact with your body and aggravate the infection furthermore. You can use home made natural soaps, which are made of natural ingredients and are gentle on your skin.
- Avoid skin injuries: Skin injuries like a cut, bleeding, blisters etc. can be harmful for psoriasis. They can aggravate the inflammation and cause more damage. In fact, it is recommended that you apply moisturizer and sunscreen every time you step out of the house in order to protect your skin from further damage.
- Use medicines after consultation: Certain medicines have the ability to flare up the effects of psoriasis. Thus, when you develop this disease, it is advised that you meet a general physician and discuss your medicines with him/her in order to control the same.
- Reduce stress: Stress levels contribute a lot to psoriasis. Thus, you need to relax as much as possible. You can try out yoga and meditation to keep the stress level down and in turn control this disease as well.
- Wear cotton clothes: Wear clothes that you are comfortable in and those which do not cause irritation on your skin. Synthetic clothes sometimes cause a lot of irritation and rashes on the skin. It is something that should be avoided.
These are some of the quick and natural remedies to cure yourself of psoriasis as early as possible. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.