Weight Management Counseling
Nutrition Assessment Service
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Asthma Treatment & Management
Weight Loss Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Therapeutic Diets Treatment
Immunity Therapy Treatment
Food Plan Preparation
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Child Nutrition Management
Healthy Heart Diet
Weight Management Treatment
Submit a review for SHIFA DIET CLINICYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Dr Khalid Shariff
I have known Dr Ayesha for almost 16 years, she is a very dedicated professional and has in depth knowledge of the subject. She has a vast experience in managing patients of Diabetes and it's complications. She puts her heart and soul when it comes to dealing with patients. I wish her all the very best in her endeavours.
I found the answers provided by the Dt. Aysha Khadri Umraz to be very helpful and nurturing. Sorry I haven't understand the answer
Dt. Aysha Khadri Umraz provides answers that are prompt, practical and very helpful. thanks. what about kidney donation?
I have allergy problem I consulted many doctors but I didn't get exact what's the problem I stop eating outside foods & my blood report was clear no issue in that I don't understand why Im suffering from such allergy please advice what type of medicine should I take & I have to remove allergy spots how can I remove that please give any tube name thank you.
Make a plan. A plan keeps you focused and on task, and it makes it very clear when you’ve cheated or missed a meal.
Increase liquid intake but avoid drinking water before meals and in between meals, you don't want to ruin your appetite.
It is often said that 75% of fitness and overall health comes from the diet a person maintains. ‘You are what you eat’ is something quite true. There are so many people who put in such a large amount of effort while exercising, but a lack of prudence, when it comes to their diet, happens to be their undoing. So, let’s get some ideas on how to eat healthy food and lose weight without much effort.
- Lemon love: One of the small but meaningful improvements that a person may bring in his or her diet is the inclusion of lemons. It may seem simple, but to increase metabolism of the body and to detoxify your liver, it is pretty important to have lime water regularly. All you need to do is squeeze a few lemons in three litres of water, and drink it on a daily basis.
- Read the fine print: Spending a little time making sure the food that you eat is what it seems is something which can pay massive dividends. So, when out shopping, it makes a lot of sense to look at the table on the box, which features the nutritional information, rather than taking the label on the front at face value. You never know, the food that is marketed to be ‘diet food’ need not necessarily be as healthy as it is made out to be. Quite contradictory, isn’t it?
- Splurge on salads: Many people happen to associate weight loss with salads and there is a good reason for them doing this. As a matter of fact, if a big lunch is replaced with a salad, there are multiple easy benefits such as low calorie content, high fibre intake etc. In order to make the salad tasty, there is a range of things which can be added to it. For example, nuts and avocado, both of which have health benefits. What can be better when taste and health are being added in one fell swoop?
- Make friends with green tea: Green tea is considered one of the best drinks that helps in accelerating your metabolism. Research shows having four cups of green tea every day will help you lose weight up to almost 2.7 kgs within 2 months. Therefore, if you want to lose weight effectively, say goodbye to your hot cup of coffee today and shake hands with green tea.
- Control your cravings: Avoiding binge eating is crucial in order to stay healthy. After all, who wants all the effort and care put into exercise and correct eating to be wasted, just because of a temporary departure from rationality? Well, as long as a person eats at regular times and does not allow too much of a gap between meals, this should not be a problem.
In short, a person does not have to make very radical changes or alteration to the diet he or she is on in order to be able to enjoy a good health.
The battle of supremacy between processed and whole foods has been raging on for quite some time now. Which is better? Which is more nutritional? The debate seems a never ending one. This article will tell you the benefits and drawbacks of both types of foods. It’s for you to decide which one is better for you and which isn't.
Processed foods are foods which have been altered in some way or the other to make them healthier, to make them taste better or for storage purposes. Almost every day to day food that you consume is processed. Some examples of processed foods include breakfast cereals, cheese, milks, soft drinks, bread etc.
Advantages of processed foods
Here are some advantages that you drive home from processed foods:
1. Processed foods like different types of jams and juices taste very good and last longer, making them a part of every household.
2. Processed fruits, vegetables and herbs, when stored in cans, tend to be free from bacteria and other harmful agents.
3. They are easy to purchase because they are available in all seasons
Disadvantages of processed foods
Processed foods have their own set of drawbacks. Here are some of them:
1. Some processed foods are genetically modified, which may cause a negative impact on your health.
2. Foods tend to lose their nutritional value when processed.
3. Foods that contain added sugar and fat can lead to a lot of health problems like diabetes, heart diseases and other cardiovascular problems.
Natural foods are those which don’t undergo any change in the form of added color, sugar or flavor. Natural foods go straight from vegetable farms and poultry farms to the market where you can purchase them.
Advantages of natural foods
Fresh fruits, vegetables or meat are categorized under natural foods, including a host of other foods as well which are not processed. Here are their advantages:
1. Natural foods are as nature intended them to be. They contain no added ingredients or flavor.
2. A diet comprising of natural foods keeps many diseases at bay.
3. Natural foods are free harmful flavor enhancers like MSG
4. Natural foods are rich in vitamins and minerals which are necessary for a healthy you.
Disadvantages of natural foods
There are not many disadvantages of natural foods apart from the facts that they are difficult to store, spoil after a certain period and are not available all year round. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
Hello doctor I want to know the possible side effects of dianabol. I'm thinking to take dianabol for 4 weeks to gain weight as I heard it from many that it helps to gain weight within 4 weeks. But for safety I want to know the possible side effects of these any how to overcome those side effects, and last question onces if I stop taking those pills will my gain be gone? Please reply both my question please. Thank you.
Bones weakening exposure to hazard ous chemical s in the atmosphere compromise s the body's ability to absorb and retain mineral s in the bones soooo take care of bones by drinking sufficient water everyday to help your system get rid of the pollutants accumulated due to constant exposure.
Exercising through your period can lead a release of endorphins in your body that can ease menstrual cramps and discomfort you practice it you will be relieved of aches and pains.
men have emotions too they don't express often they hate beiy ridicule or seen as weak. Sssss it's true that girl s aren't always the only victim at the end of a relationship. Men also have insecurities too. Men need me me time as well sometimes they want to be left alone needing time by themselves or just to chill out with friends.
To be legally called white chocolate the fda only requires it to have 20% cocoa. Rest is made up of sweet eners, dairy products, emulsifying agents, spices.
Becoming a mum can lay down a whole lot of stress on you. But now you know that your brain is going to help you with all the adjustment s! ah ah a relief you get when your baby gives you a hug by kissing your cheecks the joy you get is amazing and gratitude to the almighty creater
Ideally, dinner should be the lightest meal of the entire day, so it is important to consider only healthy food items when you are deciding on your dinner plate. Eating a diet where the majority of food is healthy, helps in reducing the risk of various lifestyle disorders such as diabetes and obesity.
If you are unable to decide, worry not. Here are 10 healthy food choices for dinner:
- Whole wheat bread: If you are the type of person who prefers white bread, then it is time to rethink your choice. Refined grains do not have high nutritional content when compared to whole grains. Refined grains also cause blood sugar spikes which may lead to obesity and diabetes.
- Plain chicken soup: A very delicious treat for long nights in the winter season, chicken soup is one of the healthiest dinner choices you can come across. It is simple to prepare and is light on the digestive system. You may add seasoning such as coriander and parsley to add flavor.
- Stir fried vegetables: Stir fried vegetables are healthy as they involve very little oil and time. Stir frying helps the food to retain its nutrients and keeps it calorie free. You may pair it with whole wheat bread or brown rice to add some complex carbohydrates to your diet.
- Chicken pasta: Chicken pasta is another dish that is easy to prepare, it contains a healthy mix of protein and complex carbohydrates. Avoid adding butter or oil to keep it light, you may use herbs to add to the flavor.
- Sweet potatoes: Sweet potatoes are a good source of carbohydrates that provide a steady stream of energy to the body. You may pair them with whole wheat pita bread and some scrambled eggs to make it more filling.
- Brown rice: If you like rice, make sure it is of the brown variety. Brown rice contains complex carbohydrates that do not spike your blood sugar levels. Add some stir fried vegetables and chicken for protein and vitamins. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
On my face 3 month ago there are more pimples occur. I take homeopathic treatment and I am fine now. But on my face some dark spot are remain. Can you tell me some solution or any type of treatment or any cream. First of all I am telling you that my skin is not support oily substances. So please give me the best solution.
Hello doctors out there. How to get rid of acne problems? Em 23 years old obviously not in my teen age. But my acne keeps on displaying over and again. And sometimes vanishes. Mainly my forehead is area of concern. These are of two types one kind is, it hurts when I touch them. And other kind is, they are small and doesn't hurt on touch.
I'm a sailor in Indian Navy and our service demands fit & healthy body. But I've always been underweight. I'm a regular smoker & a frequent drinker. I even tried protein powders & tabs to gain weight. But none of them worked on me. I don't feel like eating when it comes to meals. I don't even feel hungry most of the times. Can you suggest me on how to put on some weight.
Junk food is something you should generally avoid, courtesy to the health problems that they may cause. However, in some cases, when you are hungry you tend to go for junk food items as they are easily available. The other reason is that you don't know what you should opt for if you avoid junk food.
Outlined below are some healthy food options that you may replace junk food with:
- Replace ice cream with frozen yoghurt: Ice cream is considered to be laden with sugar that will add a sizeable number of calories, so you may replace that with frozen yoghurt. Yoghurt does not contain sugar and contains probiotic bacteria and protein that are good for your body. The probiotics in yogurt will help in enhancing your digestive system.
- Replace caffeine with fresh fruit juices: Caffeine is a known vasoconstrictor, which means it tends to narrow your blood vessels. This leads to problems in blood circulation and can lead to problems, such as erectile dysfunction. Instead consume fresh fruit juices as they are much healthier than coffee. They contain antioxidants that protect your body from free radical damage.
- Potato chips with bananas: If your cravings for salted food, such as chips increase then it points to a deficiency of potassium in the body. Instead of reaching for the packet of chips, eat a few bananas. They contain good amounts of potassium which helps to regulate fluid balance in the body.
- Eat nuts instead of chocolate: Instead of gorging on chocolates, a healthier option would be to opt for various kinds of nuts, such as almonds and cashews. They contain magnesium which tends to reduce chocolate cravings. They also provide the body with healthy fats and protein which help in building lean muscle mass in the body.
- Replace cookies with dry fruits: Cookies contain sugar in large amounts, which has the potential to create havoc on your body. From increasing blood sugar levels to obesity, it can cause serious complications. Opt for dry fruits as they are rich with important nutrients, such as vitamins and minerals that are essential for the human body. Add food such as dates, almonds and apricots to your diet. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.