Weight Management Counseling
Nutrition Assessment Service
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Asthma Treatment & Management
Weight Loss Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Therapeutic Diets Treatment
Immunity Therapy Treatment
Food Plan Preparation
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Child Nutrition Management
Healthy Heart Diet
Weight Management Treatment
Submit a review for SHIFA DIET CLINICYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Dr Khalid Shariff
I have known Dr Ayesha for almost 16 years, she is a very dedicated professional and has in depth knowledge of the subject. She has a vast experience in managing patients of Diabetes and it's complications. She puts her heart and soul when it comes to dealing with patients. I wish her all the very best in her endeavours.
I found the answers provided by the Dt. Aysha Khadri Umraz to be very helpful and nurturing. Sorry I haven't understand the answer
Dt. Aysha Khadri Umraz provides answers that are prompt, practical and very helpful. thanks. what about kidney donation?
Ideally, dinner should be the lightest meal of the entire day, so it is important to consider only healthy food items when you are deciding on your dinner plate. Eating a diet where the majority of food is healthy, helps in reducing the risk of various lifestyle disorders such as diabetes and obesity.
If you are unable to decide, worry not. Here are 10 healthy food choices for dinner:
- Whole wheat bread: If you are the type of person who prefers white bread, then it is time to rethink your choice. Refined grains do not have high nutritional content when compared to whole grains. Refined grains also cause blood sugar spikes which may lead to obesity and diabetes.
- Plain chicken soup: A very delicious treat for long nights in the winter season, chicken soup is one of the healthiest dinner choices you can come across. It is simple to prepare and is light on the digestive system. You may add seasoning such as coriander and parsley to add flavor.
- Stir fried vegetables: Stir fried vegetables are healthy as they involve very little oil and time. Stir frying helps the food to retain its nutrients and keeps it calorie free. You may pair it with whole wheat bread or brown rice to add some complex carbohydrates to your diet.
- Chicken pasta: Chicken pasta is another dish that is easy to prepare, it contains a healthy mix of protein and complex carbohydrates. Avoid adding butter or oil to keep it light, you may use herbs to add to the flavor.
- Sweet potatoes: Sweet potatoes are a good source of carbohydrates that provide a steady stream of energy to the body. You may pair them with whole wheat pita bread and some scrambled eggs to make it more filling.
- Brown rice: If you like rice, make sure it is of the brown variety. Brown rice contains complex carbohydrates that do not spike your blood sugar levels. Add some stir fried vegetables and chicken for protein and vitamins. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
I am 28 years old and 150 cm. My weight is 62 kgs. I want to lose weight rapidly. For that I started with 30 mins brisk walking and found results very slow. Therefore decided to do aerobics at home but my concern is of calories. If I have to take 2500 calories per day. If I am burning 100 calories per day in a week I can burn 700 cal that's it. That means my weight loss plan will be very slow. I am little confused as in if I take calories more then I burn. How will lose weight. Please help so that I can follow a correct diet plan. Exercise for 30 mins is possible for me not more than that as I am heavy.
On my face 3 month ago there are more pimples occur. I take homeopathic treatment and I am fine now. But on my face some dark spot are remain. Can you tell me some solution or any type of treatment or any cream. First of all I am telling you that my skin is not support oily substances. So please give me the best solution.
Hello doctors out there. How to get rid of acne problems? Em 23 years old obviously not in my teen age. But my acne keeps on displaying over and again. And sometimes vanishes. Mainly my forehead is area of concern. These are of two types one kind is, it hurts when I touch them. And other kind is, they are small and doesn't hurt on touch.
I'm a sailor in Indian Navy and our service demands fit & healthy body. But I've always been underweight. I'm a regular smoker & a frequent drinker. I even tried protein powders & tabs to gain weight. But none of them worked on me. I don't feel like eating when it comes to meals. I don't even feel hungry most of the times. Can you suggest me on how to put on some weight.
Junk food is something you should generally avoid, courtesy to the health problems that they may cause. However, in some cases, when you are hungry you tend to go for junk food items as they are easily available. The other reason is that you don't know what you should opt for if you avoid junk food.
Outlined below are some healthy food options that you may replace junk food with:
- Replace ice cream with frozen yoghurt: Ice cream is considered to be laden with sugar that will add a sizeable number of calories, so you may replace that with frozen yoghurt. Yoghurt does not contain sugar and contains probiotic bacteria and protein that are good for your body. The probiotics in yogurt will help in enhancing your digestive system.
- Replace caffeine with fresh fruit juices: Caffeine is a known vasoconstrictor, which means it tends to narrow your blood vessels. This leads to problems in blood circulation and can lead to problems, such as erectile dysfunction. Instead consume fresh fruit juices as they are much healthier than coffee. They contain antioxidants that protect your body from free radical damage.
- Potato chips with bananas: If your cravings for salted food, such as chips increase then it points to a deficiency of potassium in the body. Instead of reaching for the packet of chips, eat a few bananas. They contain good amounts of potassium which helps to regulate fluid balance in the body.
- Eat nuts instead of chocolate: Instead of gorging on chocolates, a healthier option would be to opt for various kinds of nuts, such as almonds and cashews. They contain magnesium which tends to reduce chocolate cravings. They also provide the body with healthy fats and protein which help in building lean muscle mass in the body.
- Replace cookies with dry fruits: Cookies contain sugar in large amounts, which has the potential to create havoc on your body. From increasing blood sugar levels to obesity, it can cause serious complications. Opt for dry fruits as they are rich with important nutrients, such as vitamins and minerals that are essential for the human body. Add food such as dates, almonds and apricots to your diet. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
She is having severe headache and vomiting and she is unable to walk because of that while she goes to sleep she got headache while she wake immediately she got an headache what to do.
I have few pimples; more of spots and pores. Also dark circles on my face please suggest me some homeopathic medicine for that.
Im losing my hair daily, I know it because of heavy dandruff .I loss my hair up to >100 daily. Please give advice.
While it is common news that alcohol consumption leads to weight gain, recent studies have made a startling discovery, wherein long term moderate drinkers have shown symptoms of maintaining an optimal weight, even losing excess fat more than those who abstain from drinking at all. While harder alcoholic drinks are more likely to affect the liver and hence the level of fat in the body, weight gain because of alcohol is also dependent on a number of other factors like how often you drink or how much you drink in one session. This is compounded by each individual's capability to metabolize the alcohol, or work it off.
It is important to know how many calories your drink accounts for:
- Tequila, whiskey, rum and their other variations have more or less the same amount of calories.
- Beer constitutes a little more calorific value than those mentioned above, while wine and champagne have the least amount of calories among proper alcoholic drinks. This is why wine should be the preferred drink for those more susceptible to weight gain.
- Cocktails like margaritas or pina coladas have at least four times the number of calories than unmixed drinks. So, one must proceed with caution while ordering endless free cocktails at a party.
- If cocktails are your thing, opt for a Bloody Mary, it has lesser calories. People more prone to consume a high calorie diet on a regular basis, or are already overweight, tend to put on more weight even after moderate alcohol consumption.]
- Also remember that drinking small amounts frequently leads to weight loss rather than the misconception of drinking copious amounts at long intervals.
- Doctors even prescribe a daily glass of wine with and after dinner nowadays. Studies stipulated the optimal number of drinks per week to four, maximum five.
- One drink per day in case of women, and two for men is a good regimen to get you started with losing weight through alcohol consumption.
- You must also be careful about the food you accompany your drinks with; make sure their high calorie value does not unsettle the entire process.