Doctor in Dr. Shetty's Cosmetic Centre
Patient Review Highlights
My brother wanted male breast treatment for which I took him to Dr Sahebgowda. Thanks to the expert care and guidance, my brother feel much better than before. The doctor has a broad knowledge in Plastic surgery. The atmosphere in the Fortis Hospital is always so positive and full of life. I owe him a big thank for providing such a beneficial treatment.
Due to my baldness, my daily activities were suffering. The hair growth treatment for hair growth has helped me greatly and now I am perfectly fine. It was an amazing experience as everyone in the Shetty's Cosmetic and Skin Clinic is so nice. Many people gave very positive feedback for Dr Sahebgowda Shetty. He is not just friendly, but also is very motivating. Dr Sahebgowda Shetty is well aware about innovative techniques to treat problems. Even though my problem was very big, the entire experience of undergoing hair growth treatment was very relaxing.
It has been quite some time that i was suffering from hair on face. Overnite my hair on face aggravated. He is so nice that they even at odd hours one can call him in case of emergency. I must say the hygiene was maintained very nicely in the Shetty's Cosmetic and Skin ClinicSahebgowda Shetty has so much knowledge that for everything my family takes his reference. The waiting area in the Shetty's Cosmetic and Skin Clinic is very comfortable for elderly patients. I feel so great after the completion of treatment.
Due to my lack of beard i was feeling very depressed and had no hope. He is not just friendly, but also is very motivating. My boss referred me this Sahebgowda Shetty. Even though there was a long queue, still the staff was very pleasant. I was quite concerned but due to my Sahebgowda Shetty and the growing beard treatment I didn't lose hope. I owe him a big thanks for making me fine again. Sahebgowda Shetty has expert knowledge in the field.
I am so much benefitted with drSahebgowda Shetty's cysts treatment results.I searched him online and saw herreviews.The facilities available in the Shetty's Cosmetic and Skin Clinic in Bangalore are very nice.he definitely is aware about the latest and advanced ways to treat serious cases. they can handle all types of emergency cases.
I was suffering from Vitiligo for which I consulyed Dr Sahebgowda. I was amazed that other doctors before him were not able to even diagnose my problem, but he did it immediately and started the vitiligo treatment for it. His treatment suited me the best and now I am fine.
I was in search of an experienced cosmetic surgeon. One of my colleague referred Dr Shetty. I consulted him for my breast surgery. i am quite benefitted with his treatment that I am perfectly fine. I thank him for the treatment.
dr Sahebgowda Shetty of Shetty's Cosmetic and Skin Clinic in Rajajinagar is one of the best Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeon I have ever come across. He solved my acne problem so easily. I would definitely recommend him.
It is often seen that the people are unhappy with the appearance of their chin and cheek. Some of them may feel that their cheekbones are too less projected or that their cheek are too flat. Well, if you are one of them and want to enhance your appearance, it can easily be done by chin and cheek enhancement surgery. This is a cosmetic procedure and utilizes a specially manufactured material which is compatible with the tissues for augmentation of your face's physical structure. Chin and cheek enhancement gives your face a better balance and harmony to your facial features.
Chin Implants: Chin implants help in enhancing the size and projection of your chin and make it proportionate to your forehead and mid face. A recessed chin seems like it has disappeared into your neck instead of appearing as a distinct facial feature.
Cheek Implants: Cheek implants help in increasing the projection of your cheekbones. They also add volume to areas of your face, which are recessed and flat.
Procedure: Before undergoing the surgery, a proper implant of the correct shape and size must be chosen according to your requirement. The implants are made of a soft, flexible and rubbery material, which gets inserted via an incision. Solid silicon is commonly used for cheek or chin implants. General anesthesia along with a sedative is used during the surgery on the patient.
A cheek implant requires 30 to 45 minutes to be carried out. It is performed in conjunction with other procedures like a facelift or a forehead lift, and the implants are incised through an incision. Sometimes the implant is inserted through an incision on the upper lip or the lower eyelid. For a chin implant, the procedure takes about an hour. The implant gets inserted through a pocket made in front of the jaw bone. For creating the pocket, an incision is made inside the mouth in the lower lip or under the chin.
After the surgery is complete, the affected areas are taped in order to decrease swelling. The sutures in the skin are removed within five to seven days. In case the sutures were made intra orally, they dissolve slowly. You need to make certain dietary changes and lifestyle modifications after the surgery. Some discomfort and swelling are likely immediately after the surgery.
Cheek and chin enhancement offer effective improvements to your facial appearance. It results in plump and youthful cheeks with an enhanced volume. The implants are considered to be quite safe. If you feel you require a chin or cheek enhancement, you should consult a doctor before taking this decision and then only choose the accurate implant.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Breast lift surgery or Mastopexy is a form of plastic surgery used for lifting or raising sagging breasts in women. The size, contour and elevation of the breasts are modified or corrected using this procedure.
The position and shape of the breasts in women change after pregnancy, breastfeeding, suffering weight loss or with age. A breast lift surgery is effective in treating sagging breasts.
During a breast lift surgery, extra skin is removed from the breasts, and the surrounding tissues are tightened for reshaping of the breasts. The nipples and areola are also reshaped to a better location. A breast lift surgery may involve the procedures of liposuction and abdominoplasty for an even better rejuvenation.
Breast lift surgery is undertaken by many women for different reasons. Some women do not like their breast shape or volume after pregnancy and have this surgery done.
A breast lift surgery offers various benefits. They are:
- A breast lift surgery improves the body image of a woman and also boosts her self-esteem. Women feel their breasts have been affected negatively after pregnancy and undergoing this surgery enables them to have satisfactory breasts again. A breast lift surgery does not cause the breasts to increase in size. They appear bigger because they are higher in position and firmer than before.
- Having a breast lift surgery can push you to make better and healthier choices about your lifestyle. For undergoing any form of surgery, it is recommended that you stay as healthy as possible. This includes proper diet and eating habits along with regular exercise.
- A breast lift surgery improves the quality of life in women. Body image is improved, and the woman feels good about her breasts and body as a whole. According to studies, 92% of women having a breast lift surgery had improved self-esteem and a better, healthier life than before. Women become less conscious about their breasts after the surgery, as the breasts become satisfactory.
- As a result of this surgery, some clothes may fit better, and a woman can experiment with trendier outfits, and may also not wear a bra at times.
- A breast lift surgery gives women a better proportion between their breasts and buttocks. The contrast is better and makes a woman more attractive. More cleavage is created, and the breasts get more projected.
A breast lift surgery is an efficient procedure to improve the breasts of women. Sagging breasts are corrected by a surgery which gives certain benefits to women.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Moles are the most common form of physical identification proof, but are often unwanted. Moles and freckles are common skin irregularities that make a person consider cosmetic surgery. Moles can be described as non-cancerous skin lesions that develop when dark skin cells are bound together in small clusters. Almost everyone has one or more mole on their body. However, freckles are simply skin discolorations that appear on light skinned people. There are a number of ways in which moles and freckles can be removed.
- Dermabrasion: This is a procedure where a small wheel is run over your skin to remove the top layer. Dermabrasion is performed under anaesthesia and is a very effective way of removing freckles and flat moles.
- Laser Surgery: Laser surgery involves the use of concentrated beams of light to remove the topmost layer of skin. As this top layer is removed, freckles and light, flat moles are also destroyed thus leaving you with a clear complexion. In some cases, multiple sessions may be required to completely remove moles and freckles. Laser surgery is not recommended for large moles or moles that protrude out of the skin.
- Shave excision: This is a surgical procedure that involves cutting off the raised section of a mole with a sharp scalpel. It does not require any sutures, but may not remove the entire mole. This surgery is often suggested in cases where a mole had grown to protrude from the skin but the discolouration itself does not bother the person. There is a very low risk of scarring associated with this procedure but the mole may recur.
- Punch Excision: Small protruding moles can also be removed with a punch excision procedure. Here, a doctor will use a small cutting apparatus in the form of a small, cylindrical punch to twist and remove the entire mole. One of two sutures may be required to close the skin in this area.
- Surgical Excision: This procedure is suggested in cases of large moles. In such cases, the surgeon will remove the entire mole and close the skin with sutures. This procedure may leave a scar behind, but in most cases, this scar is not very prominent.
In rare cases, moles can be malignant and hence it is not recommended to try removing a mole at home. For this reason, you should always a consult a surgeon if a mole appears suddenly appears or begins to look suspicious.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Are you thinking of undergoing a facelift surgery? It is a common form of cosmetic surgery which is undertaken for enhancing certain features of the face. Although the procedure is considered to be safe, several complications and side effects are likely. You can expect complications such as scarring. It is very important to choose an efficient and experienced plastic surgeon as the success of the surgery depends a lot on him.
The major side effects of a facelift surgery are similar to the side effects of any kind of surgical procedure. However, there are some distinct complications which are associated with a facelift surgery. They are as follows:
- Pain: Although most patients experience minor pain after a facelift surgery, a pain medication is usually prescribed by your surgeon for easing any kind of discomfort you experience. Skin numbness is likely after the surgery, which fades away on its own within a few days.
- Swelling: A lot of swelling occurs right after a facelift surgery is completed. However, this is nothing to be worried about as swelling is a part of your body’s natural reaction to any kind of injury. It subsides on its own as the body starts healing itself. The major swelling goes away within a few days, but some swelling may be experienced for several weeks after the surgery.
- Bruising: Similar to swelling, bruising is also a natural aspect of the body after a facelift surgery. It occurs as the body reacts to the changes. Bruising is most common during the first few days after a facelift surgery, and it is most likely to occur in the eyes. It takes some months for the bruising to heal completely. Improvement in bruising can be observed with each passing day.
- Scarring: Scarring is likely to remain pink for some months after a facelift surgery, after which it turns whitish and less noticeable.
Apart from the risks associated with any surgical procedure, other risks and complications which are likely after a facelift surgery are as follows:
- Injury to the nerves which control your facial muscles, although this is temporary.
- Problems related to proper skin healing. This is more common in patients who smoke.
- Crusts on the incisions made during the facelift surgery are also indicated. This too is temporary.
- A numb and tingling sensation around the incisions may be experienced.
- In some rare cases, skin and hair loss are observed.
- Skin discoloration is also likely in some cases which may last for several months.
Moreover, reaction to the anesthesia during a facelift surgery procedure may cause nausea and general sickness in some patients. This is a short lasting complication, which gets solved within some hours.
There are many changes that take place in our face and body as we start ageing. While the face starts to show the signs of ageing earliest-in the form of wrinkles and fine lines as well as a sagging chin and neck, the effect of ageing on the body might be slightly late. The skin may sag or you may end up putting on weight in various parts of the body like upper arms, which may look unsightly and bring down your level of confidence as well. Signs of ageing can often make you shy away from living your life to the fullest.
For the sagging upper arms, one can always get a procedure called an Arm lift. This is also called a Brachioplasty. This is a cosmetic procedure that can be conducted to tighten the skin of the arms from the elbow upwards. Let’s see how this procedure works.
What does it do?
- Excess fat tends to accumulate in both arms togather with weight gain. Person face laxity in this area after massive weight loss or with body ageing.
- Arm Lift is a surgical procedure to tighten the skin in the arms through the removal of excess fat deposits as well as skin.
Who can opt for this surgery?
Any person who is medically fit having arm disfigurement can opt for this procedure. Patients who have signs of ageing or excessive weight gain are the best candidates for this kind of surgery. Also, it may be used by the patients who are suffering from sagging skin after losing a great deal of weight which may lead to an appearance of bat’s wings on the sides.
How is this procedure conducted?
This surgical procedure is conducted by a Cosmetic Plastic Surgeon. It’s a day-care procedure. The doctor begins by marking the various areas of concern having excess fat and flabby skin. Thereafter, the doctor proceeds to remove the excess skin so that the arms are tightened getting more youthful look. This is done under anaesthesia to make patient pain-free. The skin that is removed is usually shaped like an ellipse. In many cases, there may be a need to conduct a liposuction if the patient has excess fat as well. Once the excess skin has been removed, skin edges are approximated with meticulous sutures with various Plastic Surgery techniques.
Recovery usually takes 5-7 days. Person can resume routine activities from very next day. Sometimes you might be advised a pressure garment for better outcome. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
A chemical peel is a form of skin treatment where an acid solution is used for the removal of damaged outer layers of the skin. Alpha hydroxyl acid is used in chemical peels. Chemical peels aid in improving the skin’s appearance. The chemical acid solution makes the skin peel off. The new skin is much smoother and is less wrinkled.
Chemical peels are of several types:
- Superficial peels: In this type, alpha hydroxyl acid is used to penetrate the outer layer of the skin and exfoliates it gently. Superficial peels are used for improving the appearance of mild skin discoloration and rough skin.
- Medium peels: In medium peels, trichloroacetic acid is used for penetrating into the middle layers of the skin to remove damaged cells. Improvement in age spots, lines and wrinkles can be done using medium peels. Rough skin is smoothened. Conditions treated with chemical peels Chemical peels are used for the treatment of certain conditions.
They can be used to treat the following conditions:
- Reduction in fine lines which occur under the eyes or around the mouth.
- Treatment of wrinkles which are caused due to sun damage or old age. This is done using chemical peels.
- Chemical peels help in improving the appearance of mild scars on the skin surface.
- Several types of acne are cured by chemical peels.
- Chemical peels help in reducing age spots, freckles and dark patches known as melasma, which occur because of pregnancy or because of taking birth control pills.
- The overall look and feel of the skin are improved after using chemical peels.
After a chemical peel treatment is done, the skin becomes extra sensitive to the sun. Hence, it is recommended to use a sunscreen lotion, which also protects against UVA and UVB light rays.
Are chemical peels safe?
Chemical peels are very effective and provide perfect rejuvenation to the skin. They may result in a temporary or permanent change in the skin color, especially in women who take birth control pills. Chemical peels involve the use of chemicals or acid to improve the appearance and condition of the skin. This procedure is an effective one and satisfactory results are obtained.
In the modern times, hair removal has become very common. Most people get a hair removal done for fashion reasons, although hair removal is extremely hygienic as well. The common hair removal methods are waxing, shaving or tweezing. The latest and the most effective hair removal method is laser hair removal.
- Lasers are extremely useful to remove unwanted hair from different parts of the body like the face, the legs, the arms, the underarms, the bikini line, and any other area. Here are a few benefits of laser hair removal:
- Laser hair removal can focus on a particular portion of the skin leaving the surrounding areas. It can also remove coarse hair without affecting the skin in the area.
- It is a very fast method as each laser pulse takes just a fraction of a second. An upper lip laser hair removal takes about a minute whereas laser hair removal of the back can take almost an hour.
- Laser hair removals are mostly permanent after a series of minimum 10 sittings.
WHAT TO DO BEFORE TREATMENT:
Laser hair removal is just not a method to remove hair, it is a complete treatment. Make sure the person who will conduct the treatment on you is a professional technician or a doctor. Also try to avoid the Sun as that can create certain complications.
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM TREATMENT:
Before your unwanted hair is removed with laser, it will be trimmed to just a few millimeters right above the skin. The equipment of the laser treatment will adjust to the colour, the thickness, as well as the location of the unwanted hair being treated, along with the skin colour. The technician and you will need to wear eye protection, according to which laser will be used. Your outer skin will also be requiring a coolant gel or device before the treatment takes place.
After the treatment is done you will be provided with ice packs and anti-inflammatory lotions to relieve the discomfort. Schedule your next sitting after a month. You will have to keep going for more sittings until hair stops growing.
You might look sunburned after the treatment. Moisturizing will help ease the burnt feeling. Use sunscreen to prevent any colour change of your skin. Some other side effects can be blistering (which is usually very rare), swelling, scarring, or redness. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
As we become old, our awareness towards the puffiness around the eyes increases. We also sense the extra skin over the eyelid and the droopiness. The above-mentioned surgeries are meant for correcting these disorders. Each surgery is meant for the treatment of a different disorder or condition.
We must know about these three procedures and the major distinctions between an eyelid lift, blepharoplasty and ptosis surgery.
- Eyelid lift: This is a generic term or word, and it may refer to blepharoplasty, as well as ptosis surgery. Eyelid lift is not a technical name of any mode of surgery. It refers to the lifting of eyelids in general, for which several surgeries are conducted. It refers to any form of surgery where the tissues are lifted, repositioned or trimmed for lifting of the eyelids.
- Blepharoplasty: This is an actual surgical procedure carried out on the eyelids. In this surgery, excess skin is removed or the fat present is repositioned in order to remove the puffiness o the eyelids. In case of the upper eyelid, this surgery disposes off extra skin, which may hang over the eyelashes. Unwanted fullness is also reduced. The same thing is carried out in case of the lower eyelid. In some cases, the skin of the lower eye is not removed. Instead, it is moved to a different area such as the cheek.
- Ptosis surgery: This mode of surgery is carried out for lifting the upper eyelids. This is done by manipulation of the muscle tendon on the eyelids which have stretched out. The weakening of the tendons may happen due to ageing, LASIK or cataract surgery, or because of using contact lenses. In a ptosis surgery, excess fat and skin from the eyelids are removed as well.
It's vital for anyone to know about eyelid surgeries and the basic difference between the terms eyelid Lift, blepharoplasty and ptosis surgery. While the eyelid lift is a general term, Blepharoplasty and Ptosis surgery fall under the modes of eyelid lift surgery. Choosing the best mode for your eyelids depends on the condition and symptoms you experience, and they may vary among people. Such surgeries are performed by facial plastic surgeons or cosmetic surgeons.
Gynecomastia is a condition where the tissues of the breasts swell in a boy or men. This is caused by the imbalance of testosterone and oestrogen. It might affect one or both the breasts depending on the level of hormonal imbalance. Although not considered as a serious condition, Gynecomastia can be a difficult condition to cope up with. There are multiple treatment options and surgery is one of them. In many cases, this condition goes as abruptly as it appeared. For cases that are complicated and difficult to get rid of, doctors suggest a medical procedure get rid of the condition.
Symptoms of Gynecomastia:
Some common symptoms of Gynecomastia include tenderness of breasts, swollen breast gland, pain in the breasts, discharge from the nipple etc.
Causes of Gynecomastia:
- There could be many causes of this disease. If the condition is witnessed in babies, it could well come from the mother due to an overdose of oestrogen. Gynecomastia also appears during puberty resulting in the breast to swell up. The condition can again crop up after the age of 50 due to hormonal changes.
- Certain medications can be a reason of Gynecomastia. Some of the common medications include certain antibiotics, anti-anxiety related medications, chemotherapy shots, HIV patients receiving HAART, cardiovascular medications such as Lanoxin, anabolic steroids etc.
- Certain drugs such as heroin, alcohol, methadone, marijuana, Amphetamines etc.
- Certain health conditions such as hypogonadism, hyperthyroidism, liver cirrhosis, ageing, certain tumours, failure of the kidney malnutrition etc.
Risk Factors Of Gynecomastia-
Certain risk factors of gynecomastia include older age, use of certain steroids, adolescence and other medical conditions such as Klinefelter's syndrome, tumour related to hormonal fluctuation and disease related to thyroid.
A doctor typically checks the history of drugs along with the health condition of the patient. He might also take a look at the health of the extended family. A careful tissue evaluation of the genitals, breast and abdomen are done. This is followed by a physical exam followed by prescribing certain tests such as complete blood test.
In today’s world, females have advance techniques available for shaping up their breasts. It is a part of their overall persona and beauty. Breast augmentation is one of the greatest plastic surgery operations that is done in hospitals across the globe.
Gone are the days, when you would sit back at home and blame nature for your saggy breasts. You have the gift of plastic surgery at your rescue. Breast augmentation can enhance the beauty of your breast and uplift its features. In this process, the implant is put under the pectoral muscle so that you can still breastfeed your infant if needed.
The process is executed with the help of a small 4 cm incision. The recovery process takes a week’s time. Breast augmentation can be carried out in a surgical centre or in any hospital’s outpatient facility. It doesn’t require a hospital stay in most cases. In some selected cases only, the procedure is done using local anaesthesia. In those cases, the patient stays awake. The breast region is made numb.
What to expect during the procedure?
The woman opting this must know what all are expected to happen during the procedure. The surgeon will insert the breast implant by making a single cut in one of the following three areas:
- In the crease under breast
- Underarm (axillary)
- Around the nipple (periareolar)
After the incision is done, the surgeon will try and separate the breast tissue from the patient’s muscles and connective tissue. This will lead to the creation of a pocket either behind or in front of the pectoral muscle. After this, the surgeon will put the implant into the newly-created pocket. It will be centred behind the nipple.
Silicone implants are pre-filled with silicone gel. After the implant is over, the cut is stitched with sutures and the skin is bandaged with adhesive and tape.
What to expect after the procedure?
For a few weeks, the patient might experience Soreness and swelling. It is also possible to develop bruises. Your scars will fade away with time. It is quite possible that the scars will not vanish permanently ever in your lifetime. You must wear a compression or sports bra at the time of healing. You might be required to take painkillers, as advised by the surgeon.