Doctor in Satvik Medical Centre
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Satvik Medical CentreYour feedback matters!
Homeopathy is a holistic science, whereas Thyroid is a serious endocrinological disorder. One can opt for constitutional homeopathic treatment for Thyroid.
Neurological disorders may creep in due to many reasons. It may be due to degenerative diseases, accidents, other health conditions, birth defects or genetics. The most common form of disorder occurs due to non-functional brain cells in some parts, and loss of myelin sheath in neurons, which protects the nerve signals in their complete transfer from origin to destination.
These losses are irreparable, but further degeneration can be avoided with Ayurveda. Panchakarma, the branch of Ayurveda, which deals with detoxification of the body and mind, specially helps. Over a period of time, it can bring back the lost sensation in nerves. Yoga, pranayama and Ayurvedic treatments lead to recovery and relief to a huge extent.
Important facts about Panchakarma
There are 3 important steps in Panchakarma, which are followed one after another to get the result. The main objective of Panchakarma is to detoxify the body. Virechanam, vamanam, sneha vasti, nasyam and kashaya vasti are the 5 folds in Panchakarma.
- Poorvakarma or preparing the body, followed by Abhyangam or massage, followed by Elakizhi or herbal paste massage, and finally podikizhi, or steam bathing makes the body ready for receiving further treatments.
- Njavara Kizhi is the special treatment done in Panchakarma where the body is given a rice bolus massage to improve the joint and neuro functions.
What is Njavara Kizhi?
Njavara is a variety of rice, which is specially used for Ayurvedic treatment and massages. In this treatment the rice is made into a pudding by boiling it with milk. This pudding is then made into boluses. The boluses are filled in muslin cloth, and then using these muslin bolus dabs, the whole body of the patient is massaged.
This full-body massage has excellent effects on neurological and joint functions. The deep tissues within the body are rejuvenated. The treatment is carried on for 45 minutes to 60 minutes by therapists or experts. Another form of the treatment requires the rice to be made into a paste, and then the paste is applied all over the body. But this is more preferred for beautification.
Other effective therapies
Siro Vasti, Kati Vasti, Ela Kizhi and Nasyam are all different forms of Panchakarma treatment, which detoxify the body and mind and rejuvenate the body and nerve functions. But these treatments cannot be conducted on the body on your own. You need a masseur who must be a specialist in Ayurveda to do this for you. Hence contacting Ayurvedic doctors or experts would be the best to start the treatment.
Pregnancy is one such phase in every couples' life that the partners have to face a lot of changes, both, physically, emotionally and mentally. Whether sex is safe or not during pregnancy is one of the many doubts that couples have.
It is especially the expectant mothers who feel worried the most whenever it comes to enjoying passion and intimacy with their partners. However, studies have shown that sex during pregnancy is completely safe and many couples enjoy a healthy sexual relationship till the delivery date comes, only if you follow a few precautions which are discussed below.
- Always use protection: Even during pregnancy, sexually transmitted disease or STDs can be transmitted to your baby in the womb. Hence, it’s of crucial importance to practice safe sex only. Make sure to use condoms or vaginal protection every time you and your partner engage in sexual activities. During pregnancy, having sex with partners with sex history unknown to you must be avoided as it may increase the risk of you and your baby to become infected with STDs.
- Be careful while having oral sex: It's better to avoid oral sex when you are in your advanced stages of pregnancy. However, if it's oral sex that your mind and body craves for during pregnancy, make sure that your partner never blows air into the vagina as it may lead to air embolism where the air bubble creates a blockage in the blood vessel.
- Don’t try strenuous positions: During pregnancy, due to the anatomical changes in your body, you may become uncomfortable to certain sex positions which you once enjoyed the most. In this case, what you need is to opt for alternate and safe sex positions. For example, instead of you as an expectant mother lying at the bottom of your partner, try having sex side by side or you on the top etc.
- It’s better to avoid anal sex: Anal sex during pregnancy often leads to bleeding, infection in the anal area and even increased risks of STDs. It can also cause damage to the placenta. Therefore, it's best to avoid anal sex positions and learn to say no to the sex positions you are not feeling comfortable with.
- Pay attention to sexual comfort: During pregnancy, it’s very natural for expectant mothers’ breasts to become sensitive to touch or the vaginal tissues to become sensitive and engorged as well. Therefore, while having sex with your partner make sure to opt for lubricant based condoms and water-soluble lubricants for the nipples to give them a soothing feeling.
Therefore, it can be said that if you keep the above-mentioned precautions in mind, enjoying a healthy sex life when you are expecting won't be difficult at all. However, it's always better to consult with a sexologist to have detailed knowledge about the sex positions you should try and those should be avoided for having a satisfying yet healthy sex experience.
Is it safe to take oral birth control pills for ladies. What are the side effects. Is copper T safe. Which is better safe and pain free method for birth control or to avoid pregnancy. My wife is scared of both and do not opt for any.
HI Sir, my height is 5.9 and my girlfriend height is 4.10. She is very feel pain when I do sex with her. Not dry problem but hole is small very.
HI, I had an unproductive intercourse with my girlfriend. But I had not reached my ejaculation at all. She was worried for the pre ejaculation fluid which might get her pregnant. So she took an ipill at about 50 hrs from the intercourse. And now her period is delayed by 6 days. What shall I do? Is she pregnant? Or this delay is normal? Please help.
Stop smoking- Smoking tobacco is one of the most harmful things you can do on a regular basis. It's well established that smoking damages nearly every organ of the body and causes many diseases, including all sorts of cardiovascular related problems, which contribute significantly to premature death. Smoking is estimated to increase the risk of coronary heart disease and stroke due to atherosclerosis by up to 4x compared to non-smokers. Cigarettes contain a variety of toxic compounds that damage blood vessels and poison tissues.
- Smoking is also the leading cause of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease of the lungs and lung cancer.
- Use nicotine patches or gum to help wean yourself off cigarettes.
- Try following the mnemonic START to help you get quit:
- S= Set a quit Date.
- T= Tell family and friends that you plan to quit.
- A= Anticipate and plan ahead for hard times.
- R= Remove tobacco products from. the home, car, work, etc.
- T= Talk to your doctor about smoking cessation.
Control your blood pressure. High blood pressure (hypertension) is often referred to as the "silent killer" because it doesn't often cause noticeable symptoms until it's too late. High blood pressure puts strain on the heart and damages the insides of arteries over time, which promotes atherosclerosis or clogged arteries. It also promotes stroke and kidney disease. Blood pressure can be reduced with medication, although some people experience significant side effects from it. Natural ways of reducing blood pressure include losing weight if you are overweight, eating a healthy diet based on lots of fresh produce, cutting back on salt (sodium) consumption, daily exercise and controlling your stress via meditation, deep breathing techniques, yoga and/or tai chi.
- Hypertension is defined as having blood pressure greater than 140/90 mm Hg on a regular basis.
- The DASH diet is often recommended for hypertension and it emphasizes fruits, vegetables, whole grains, poultry, lean fish, and low-fat dairy foods.
- Get plenty of potassium, which can help prevent and control hypertension, but limit your sodium intake to less than 1,500 mg daily.
Maintain healthy cholesterol levels. Although eating fat, even saturated fat, is healthy in moderation — after all, fatty acids are needed to make all cell membranes in the body — too much "bad fat" is damaging to cardiovascular health. Although saturated fat (the kind found in animal products) is often touted as unhealthy, the kind that really causes problems is trans fat, which is an artificially made hydrogenated vegetable oil found in most fried foods, margarine, cookies and chips. Trans fats raise the "bad" LDL cholesterol and lower the "good" HDL cholesterol in your blood, which increases the risk of heart attack and stroke.
- Normal total cholesterol levels in the blood should be less than 200 mg/dL.
- LDL cholesterol should be less than 100 mg/dL, whereas HDL levels should be above 60 mg/dL for optimal protection against cardiovascular disease.
- The healthiest fats are often considered to be monounsaturated and polyunsaturated plant-based fats. Foods rich in polyunsaturated fat include safflower, sesame and sunflower seeds, corn oil and soybeans; whereas great sources of monounsaturated fat include avocados, canola, olive and peanut oils.
Be more physically active. Another important factor in reducing your risk of dying prematurely from cardiovascular disease is getting regular exercise and maintaining a healthy weight. Obesity puts lots of strain on the heart and blood vessels, which leads to dysfunction eventually. Only 30 minutes of mild-to-moderate cardiovascular exercise each day on a regular basis is linked to better health and longevity, as it can reduce blood pressure and cholesterol levels, as well as trigger gradual weight loss. Start with walking around your neighborhood, if weather permits, then transition to more difficult terrain, tread mills and/or cycling.
- Avoid vigorous exercise to start with, or if you have a known heart condition. Vigorous exercise (such as marathon running) temporarily increases blood pressure and strain on the heart, which may trigger a heart attack.
- Thirty minutes of daily exercise is good for your health and an hour is even better, but much beyond that amount isn't proven to be significantly more beneficial.
- Recommendations for exercise include the President’s Council on Fitness, Sports, and Nutrition. These recommendation include doing 150 minutes (2 ½ hours) of moderate intensity exercise every week. Types of moderate intensity exercise include ballroom dancing, biking slowly, gardening, using your manual wheelchair, walking, and water aerobics. More vigorous activities are biking up hills, basketball, swimming laps, and running.
Ayurveda is a field where the medicinal properties of the various herbs used have been proven scientifically, over the years. This ancient life science also brings in a knowledge base that can help in treating a variety of ailments. Sexual dysfunction is one such ailment which can leave a person with a less than stellar sex life. The various phases of sexual activity from stimulation to excitement and gratification can suffer due to such ailments which can prevent any or all phases from occurring in the first place. The disorders can affect the ejaculation, potency, orgasm and arousal as well.
There are a variety of herbs that act as aphrodisiacs in ayurveda that can help in treating sexual disorders in males and females, as follows.
1. Nutmeg: nutmeg powder and extract can be used by men who are suffering from sexual dysfunction. It can also increase the potency and the libido of the male patients who ingest it. This herb can also be used by women who are experiencing lack of libido and stimulation. Many women in Africa have used this herb since ancient times to build better sexual health.
2. Date palm pollen: the pollen from date palms can help in increasing the sperm count of the male patient who has a low sperm count. This aphrodisiac also improves male fertility.
3. Ashwagandha: this is a good aphrodisiac for both male and female patients who are undergoing sexual disorders. It can help in sexual stimulation even as it fixes issues like lack of libido and erectile dysfunction.
4. Fadogia agretis: this herb can help in increasing the testosterone level which is responsible for better sexual stimulation and other sexual functions in male patients.
5. Lepidium meyenii: this is a herb that has originated in peru and is also known as maca. This herb can help in fixing infertility in male and female patients. It contains various elements like sterols, campesterol and sitosterol among many others that can improve fertility.
6. Saffron: this herb is known to boost the libido by leaps and bounds and is even used to garnish a hot glass of milk just before bed time, as it acts as a good aphrodisiac when combined with milk. A strand or two can work wonders, as per ayurvedic practices.
7. Passion flower: this is considered as a good aphrodisiac because it helps in reducing anxiety and stress which can soothe a person and create a better environment for stimulation and excitement. It can be used by male and female patients alike.
There are many herbs as per ayurveda, which can be used as aphrodisiacs in order to cure sexual disorders. These can be taken on a regular basis, in moderation.