Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Santhosh HospitalYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from palm cracking since 1 year. I took medicine at that time and I feel better. Now it become more painful. At the centre of palm of to hands I have the crack. please help me to cure it I can't able to eat also.
Sir/madam I am suffering from palm crack. At the middle of my palm it is increased day by day. Could you provide medicine to cure it. I can't able to eat also sir please help me. My exams is there. I can't able to write. Is there any serious.
Are you looking for ways to deal with chronic urticaria? This is an uncomfortable skin health condition which is featured by red, itchy welts appearing on any part of your body. The cause of this condition is unknown to us most of the times. When the cause of chronic urticaria cannot be determined, the condition is called chronic idiopathic urticaria. There are several ways of dealing with this condition.
Here is a list of the top ways to deal with chronic urticaria:
Try to Avoid Known Triggers: Avoiding known triggers is the best way of controlling chronic urticaria. You should consult an allergist for determining the triggers which might affect you. The most common triggers include foods such as eggs, shellfish, peanuts, and several food additives. Several pain medications, physical stimuli like temperature, exercise, pollen, and certain bacterial infections and viral infections are common triggers.
Take Your Medicines Regularly: You should regularly take your medicines prescribed for dealing with chronic urticaria. Antihistamines are commonly used. The use of corticosteroids or epinephrine infections may also be required.
Soothe Your Skin: Scratching is bad for your chronic urticaria and should be avoided to prevent the hives from being aggravated. Dry skin triggers scratching and so you should keep your skin well moisturised. Take frequent baths, and use moisturising creams and ointments.
Wear Loose Clothes: Friction and pressure on your affected skin may worsen the hives. You should abstain from wearing tight belts, constricting clothes, and shoes which do not fit well. Choose soft fabric material clothes.
Vitamin D Supplements: Adding vitamin D supplements may help in reducing the symptoms of chronic urticaria. You should consult your dermatologist before taking vitamin D supplements on your own.
Alternative Therapies: Stress accounts for worsening this health condition. You should practice techniques which relax your mind and soul, such as meditation, yoga, and deep breathing. These are effective in stress relief. Some studies state that acupuncture may also be associated with decreasing the symptoms of chronic urticaria.
Manage Your Symptoms: If you are suffering from chronic urticaria, all your efforts will be directed towards managing all the visible symptoms. However, you must also deal with the invisible symptoms such as depression and anxiety. Living with this condition is a challenging and painful task, which often results in depression, and emotional imbalance. Emotional stress, fatigue, and emotional distress are triggered by chronic urticaria.
It is important for you to consult a dermatologist if you experience any symptom of chronic urticaria. Early diagnosis and an early treatment will prevent the condition from worsening further.
Sir I am 26 years old boy, my facial skin looks very aged and dull, rest of skin is in good condition. please suggest how much dose of glutathione (?mg) should I take twice a day. And for how much time. Jai Shree krishna.
We all love that perfectly glowing skin that has no marks or signs of ageing like moles, tags, fine lines, dark circles and many others. However, for most of us, this remains an imaginary picture that we have in mind. What stares back at us in the mirror has some of the above noted features, in various combinations. However, the desire for that blemish-free skin without any of these continues and is actually not far from reality too.
Some major irritants causing skin scars are as follows:
- Vascular marks including thread veins and broken capillaries.
- Spider nevus is a spider-web like structure with a central vessel and surrounding capillaries dilated radiating away from it. Similarly, blood spots are red, vascular spots that come with ageing.
- Skin tags or milia or warts, these are harmless but esthetically concerning and can irritate if found in an area where it interferes with the garments
- Age spots or brown spots that occur due to sun exposure are also harmless but are esthetic concern.
With esthetics attaining such importance, new ways are constantly being identified to help people improve their looks. While there are various creams and lotions and serums with promises of various chemicals that can do wonders, there actually are procedures that have a scientific basis and can produce results more quickly and effectively.
The following are some popular advanced cosmetic procedures (ACPs) that can help clear these blemishes and produce a spotless, clear skin.
- Chemical peels: This is an exfoliation process done in the clinic, by removing the top layers of rough skin, thereby, making space for new skin to grow. It stimulates growth of collagen and elastin, and promoting new skin growth. It can also be combined with topical antioxidants such as tretinoin and vitamin C, which are proven beneficial for the skin.
- Dermabrasion: Used in a variety of conditions (acne, wrinkles, blemishes), it works on layers that are far deeper than a chemical peel. A rotating brush is used to remove the upper layers of the skin, leaving the underlying layers open. The removed layers of the skin may form a scab, and can be mildly painful. The doctor may decide to use a mild local anesthetic if required.
- Laser skin resurfacing: The skin has an upper thicker layer and an inner thinner layer. A small amount of laser is applied to the underlying layers to stimulate them to produce collagen. The top layers are kept cool with a gel. The extra collagen produces improves elasticity and produces younger looking skin, removing all blemishes.
All these are equally proven ways to treat blemishes. The decision of choosing one particular method should be completely based on your expectations.
There is a small swelling just on one side of my anus. It doesn't cover the hole in any fraction. It doesn't hurt. When I touch, I feel a "ball like thing" What is that? Is it scary? What kind of treatment will be given to me? Is there anything I should do?
I am mother of two kids, and have dark circles around eyes from past few years. My hemoglobin is always well within the required range and do not have any health issues otherwise. Recently I consulted kaya clinic and they recommended me filler treatment. I want to know if it is a safe procedure and what are its side affects?
Am in my early 30s. I have issues regarding sun exposure n dust. Soo I must have to cover up my face whenever I go out. Another issue is my facial skin is chemical porn, Its been 7 years I had not used a single face wash even. Am cleansing my face with natural honey n neem mask. Still my face is dull n having little acne issue. Now what to do? Please advise
Though most may not admit, all women have hair on their face and body. It is often masked by home remedies or clever make up tricks or frequent visits to the beauty salon. If you see a sudden spike in coarse or dark hair, especially on your face, it can be an embarrassing social condition. Here are some insights into the condition and what you can do to get rid of it.
Blame it on your hormones:
In most cases, you can easily blame this condition on your hormones. Male hormones called androgens are responsible for the development of certain 'manly' features like deepening of voice or production of sperm. And the one hormone behind all this is called testosterone.
But women produce testosterone too- albeit in smaller quantities. If, for some reason, this hormone's level increases in women, it leads to increased sex drive, irregular menstrual cycle and yes, excessive facial and body hair.
One of the main causes of high levels of male sex hormones in premenopausal women is Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS), a condition which causes cysts to grow around the edge of the ovaries (the organs which produce eggs and sex hormones). PCOS also results in excessive hair growth, acne and weight gain.
Some women are stuck with this condition in the post menopause stage too, when the hormonal imbalance fails to rectify itself after menopause has passed.
Besides blaming it all on the hormones, here are some other causes you can explore:
- Being obese (weight gain is a side effect of PCOS too, so this is a slightly tricky one)
- Side effects from blood pressure medication
- Hereditary condition: Blame your genes
- Cushing's Syndrome or Acromegaly - rare hormonal disorders
- An Ovarian tumor
Usually, cosmetic remedies are enough to get rid of unwanted or excess hair. So you may not have to go out of your way to handle this problem unless you have a special case. Most cases can be treated with
- Shaving: Not the most womanly thing to do, but it is quick and easy. Mind the stubble between the shaves
- Waxing: This is a pretty much standard procedure
- Bleaching: Can work for areas you don't want to shave
- Hair removal creams: Try and test out to see which one suits you
- Laser treatment: A powerful beam of single color light is used to destroy the hair from its root
If you are not sure what to do with an excessive facial hair problem, consult our experts today for a quick and easy remedy.
Dermal fillers (also called injectable facial fillers) are soft tissues injected into the skin. This is done to help fill up the hollowed and flattened facial features, smoothen folds and wrinkles, fatten the cheeks, correct bumps on the nose and forehead and increase the elasticity of the skin.With advancing age, your face loses firmness and volume of the facial muscles. A facelift is a non-surgical procedure which helps to restore and create healthier and more youthful features. Here are the things you should know about getting a liquid facelift with dermal fillers:
- The typically used dermal fillers are Juvederm, Reyslatine, Emervel, Radiesse and Belotero. There are several different kinds of fillers that are of different consistencies and volume.
- Fillers are composed of collagen fibers and hyaluronic acids (these come from organic sources) and a few biosynthetic compounds.
- A single treatment session takes about half to an hour.
- The swelling takes about 2 - 3days to subside and in many cases leaves no swelling.
- Depending upon the choice of dermal filler, the results of the facelift can last up to two years.
- The type of filler used, the depth to which they are introduced, the schedule of the sessions and the nature of the treatment - are all discussed and the factors are customized to fit your specific needs because each human being ages differently. Some people get facelifts to shape and sculpt a particular facial feature like the cheekbones. Facelifts are also done for sagging skin of the neck or drooping eyelids. They help tighten the loosening skin tissue layers of the jaws and chin.
- The fillers are not permanent and this is why they are completely safe. They can be broken down and expelled by the body naturally after a given period of time without any health risk.
- Restylane fillers can be used to treat dark circles, drooping eyebrows and remove bags from under your eyes.
- Defective structure of the lips can be corrected by dermal fillers.
- The advantage of a facelift using dermal fillers over a surgical treatment is that they can be altered with advancing age. Surgical solutions look fixed and artificial because they tighten the aging skin permanently.
Hello ma'am, My complexion is light brown and I have taken one chemical peel which didn't affect much. I want to go for glutathione or any treatment which can rejuvenate my lost skin under tanning.
Hi I am Married no kids. 3 years completed. I am having scars & pits in my face. One of the beauty centre told me to take derma roller treatment for this issue. Dermatologist only recommend this. This treatment is best or not. Is there any side effects? Kindly tell me the solution.
Any ointment to remove white scar after she got injured her injury is healed but white scar is left. Whenever she got hurt she got scar white after that is this common or need to worry. I apply aloevera which makes it dull.
Hi sir/madam, I'm Mahesh. 21 years, height-5.6,weight - 72. 45 kgs, My face is looking very aged like (30 years uncle), I'm having large pores on skin which also make me looks older. Sometimes my skin becomes dry and sometimes it becomes oily. Please suggest me how to get rid of this problem (large pores+old aged face and how to look younger like my friends) please suggest me doctors The foods to have. And what the medicines to be used. I will be very thankful to you sir/madam.
How many days it takes to cure or heal fully after fissure surgery & why puss like substance is coming out from anus?
As we age, the fat volume on our face slowly starts decreasing. This results in the skin hanging loose and sagging down. Wrinkles also appear on the surface of the skin. This phenomenon is purely natural and happens to every human being with age. Maintaining freshness and everlasting youth is quite a tough task. Loosened skin does not look good and cuts down your appeal. However, there are some natural ways of skin tightening, which may make your skin maintain its tightness for a longer time period. Nowadays, surgeries for skin tightening are popular, but sticking to natural means is always best for your body.
Here are some common ways of skin tightening:
- Facial Masks. Facial masks are effective in removing extra oil from the skin. Accumulated dirt on your skin pores is also cleansed by using facial masks. They are pocket friendly and as an outcome, you look fresh and glowing.
- Facial Massages. Good quality moisturizers and special lotions are good for skin tightening. These have to be massaged onto your face in a circular pattern. Due to rubbing of the lotion on your skin, it reaches the inside and provides nourishment. You should preferably apply these creams or moisturizers before going to bed as new skin cells replace existing ones during the night time. The skin is very delicate and proper care must be taken.
- Exercise. Exercising on a regular basis is a healthy habit, and it also helps in skin tightening. Women in their pregnancy stages, experience sagging or loosening of the skin. Inversion exercises help in increasing blood flow to a great extent and are recommended for tightening of facial skin. Performing a headstand rejuvenates skin cells. This is because, while doing a headstand the blood flows in the direction of your head.
- A balanced diet and plenty of water intake. If you want to maintain tight skin tissue, a proper balanced diet is quite essential. Your diet should comprise of every vital nutrient. Ensure that you are including a sufficient amount of proteins, minerals and vitamins in your diet. Fresh fruits and vegetables account for natural skin tightening. Fibers must also be consumed. Intake of plenty of water is very important for healthy skin. You should drink more than 4 liters of water a day. In case of hot and humid days, the amount should be increased even more.
If you maintain the stated points in your life, you will be able to naturally maintain your skin tightness and keep away from surgery.
Botox is a wrinkle treatment, but is used for treating a range of medical conditions. It has been in use for well over 18 years and is considered to be safe when performed under the guidance of a medical practitioner. Apart from aesthetics, a range of other facial, migraine and dermatological problems can be addressed by Botox.
Botox limits facial expression: The primary objective of a Botox treatment is to enhance the look of a person and not the contrary. When administered by a skilled physician, you can still smile and animate like before. Botox in no way affects the sensory nerve. The muscle beneath the point of injection gets relaxed and remains active. The apprehension of limited facial activity is baseless.
Botox travel through your body: This again is a myth. Botox diffuses not more than 1cm into the skin. Due to its localized nature, it does not affect any other parts of the body other than the intended area.
Botox has toxic content: Botox, like any other drug, is safe when taken under supervision. Like other drugs, it too gets scanned by the drug regulatory authorities. It is neither dangerous nor contains any toxic substance.
Dermal fillers involve intense pain: Dermal fillers are not as painful as advocated by many people out there. It does have its fair share of discomfort but a medical practitioner always uses a topical anesthetic and other anxiety related medications during the treatment.
Downtime for Botox is fairly long: Botox is known as the afternoon injection for its convenience and easy procedure. Botox procedure has no downtime at all. Doctors often suggest against lying down for a good 2-3 hours after the injection. Dermal fillers might result in minor swelling but there are medicines to counter that too.
Botox is permanent in nature: Botox effects lasts for 4-6months. For people who take Botox shots regularly, it tends to last longer.
Dermal fillers and Botox are the same: While people these days use them interchangeably, they are not the same. For instance, Botox lessens the effect of wrinkles by relaxing the facial muscle whereas dermal fillers add volume to the tissue and restores the muscle.
Botox is applied only when Facial lines are visible: This is not necessarily true. If the family of an individual has a history of facial lines, it makes sense to start Botox for facial line prevention. This delays the actual facial line appearance and requires fewer Botox shots going forward.