Doctor in Santhosh Hospital
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Santhosh HospitalYour feedback matters!
Obesity is a condition characterized by the accumulation of large quantities of fat in the body. This condition drastically increases the risks of health problems. The most important cause for obesity is the intake of larger number of calories than what are usually burned through exercises or other routine activities. One with a BMI (Body Mass Index) more than 25 is considered obese. The primary ways of treating obesity are through exercising regularly and following a healthy diet.
How can Ayurveda help?
Ayurveda is a holistic system of medicine which is free from side effects, unlike conventional methods of treatment. Ayurvedic treatments focus on getting to the root cause of the disorder instead of just focusing on the symptoms. There are multiple remedies in Ayurveda that are effective in controlling obesity. They are:
- Restrict your calorie intake: While this may sound easy, it is actually difficult to implement. One of the major reasons for obesity is eating too much. The idea is to avoid overeating, so you need to be aware of your portion size. Eat frequent meals but in smaller quantities; this helps in keeping your metabolic rate elevated, that in turn is a prerequisite for greater fat burning.
- Start exercising: Exercise is a great way to burn those extra calories around your middle. The best and simple way to go about it is to start jogging. Low intensity jogging done over a period of time is a great way to burn fat. If you want to gain muscle, then do weight based exercises instead of just doing cardio.
- Meditate: The beneficial effects of meditation are well known. Apart from reducing your stress level, it also helps in boosting your focus and concentration. Being stressed can make you eat more and thus gain weight, so meditating on a regular basis can help manage stress effectively.
- Get sufficient rest: Sleeping less than 6 hours a day? You are only setting your body for obesity. Not sleeping enough brings about hormonal changes in the body which increase your appetite.
- Avoid junk food: Junk food should strictly be avoided as it can make you put on some serious pounds. Instead, opt for healthier food options, but keep in mind the portion sizes.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Everyone wants a clear, flawless skin. However, not everyone is blessed with such skin. Most of us find ourselves fighting against pimples, dark spots, acne scars, etc. from time to time. The good news is that even if you weren’t born with clear skin, there are treatments that can give you the glow you dream of. Snow Cell Therapy is one such form of skin treatment.
This type of therapy aims at removing toxins from your body and in turn whitening your skin. It can even out dark spots, lower the impact of dark lips and help treat age spots, dark circles and other such skin flaws. Additionally, it offers a long-term solution to wrinkles. However, it cannot be used to treat skin problems caused by hormonal issues such as acne. This is because it does not influence hormone levels in the body.
Snow cell therapy involves the use of glutathione that must be injected into the skin. Glutathione is a naturally occurring element that is produced by the body, but in very low amounts. It also contains minerals that boost the levels of Vitamin C and a number of other amino acids. This injection must be given intravenously. The injection is administered with quick impacts that quickly distributes the medicine throughout the body. Delivering medication in this way makes the therapy more effective than other skin whitening techniques such as pills and topical creams.
When undergoing snow cell therapy, it is essential to consult a certified dermatologist. This is because this form of therapy may have a few side effects if not performed correctly. You must ensure that fresh needles are used so as to avoid the transmission of diseases. In some cases, patients who are injected with the medication more than thrice a week may complain of stomach aches. Long-term use of this medication may also cause skin malignancy, rashes and hives.
Overall, this form of treatment has a high success rate. The results are not only quick, but are also permanent. However, to maintain the effects of the treatment, follow-up visits may be required. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
टैटू का आजकल के युवाओं में काफी ट्रेंड है. इसकी लोकप्रियता आजकल बहुत ज्यादा होती जा रही है. इसकी लोकप्रियता इतनी ज्यादा है कि आजकल महिलाएं और लड़कियाँ भी काफी टैटू बनवा रहे हैं. लेकिन इससे होने वाले नुकसान को कोई नहीं जानता है. यदि आप इससे होने वाले नुकसान को भी ध्यान में रखें तो आप इससे होने वाली परेशानियों से बच सकते हैं. इसलिए आइए आपको हम टैटू से होने वाले नुकसान के बारे में विस्तार से बताएं.
1. त्वचा की समस्या
ये तो आपको भी पता है कि टैटू आजकल के युवाओं में एक तरह का स्टाइल स्टेटमेंट बनता जा रहा है. आजकल के युवा अपने शरीर पर तरह-तरह के टैटू बनवाने का चलन है जो युवाओं के बीच काफी लोकप्रिय हो गया है. लेकिन आपको ये जानकर हैरानी हो सकती है कि टैटू से गंभीर बीमारियों की आशंका के अलावा त्वचा पर लालिमा, सूजन, मवाद आने के साथ दर्द होना, आदि तरह के त्वचा संक्रमण हो सकते हैं. इसके अलावा इससे बैक्टीरिया स्टाफ या स्ट्रेप के कारण जीवाणुओं का संक्रमण होने का भी डर रहता है. टैटू बनावाने में सावधानी बेहद आवश्यक है. यहाँ तक कि यदि आप नकली टैटू बनवाना चाहते हैं तो भी आपक सावधान रहने की जरुरत है. क्योंकि इससे आपके त्वचा पर एलर्जी जैसी समस्या हो सकती है.
2. चर्म रोग और कैंसर
टैटू बनावाने में और भी कई तरह के डर और समस्याएं उत्पन्न हो सकती हैं. जब कोई टैटू बनवाता है तब तो लोग ज्यादा विचार नहीं करते हैं. आपको जानकार हैरानी हो सकती है कि इससे सोराइसिस जैसी बीमारी होने का खतरा भी होता है. दरअसल टैटू बनाते समय जब एक व्यक्ति का नीडल दूसरे व्यक्ति पर इस्तेमाल की जाती है तब चर्म रोग, हेपेटाइटिस और एचआईवी जैसी संक्रमित बीमारियों के होने का खतरा है. यहाँ तक कि टैटू बनवाने से त्वचा कैंसर का खतरा बढ़ सकता है. लेकिन फिर भी शरीर पर तरह-तरह के टैटू बनवाने का चलन युवाओं के बीच काफी लोकप्रिय हो रहा है.
3. विषैले तत्वों से खतरा
आपको ये भी जानना चाहिएकि टैटू बनाते समय लिए प्रयोग की जाने वाली स्याही में कई तरह के विषैले तत्व मौजूद होते हैं, जिनसे त्वचा कैंसर का खतरा बना रहता है. आपको बता दें कि टैटू बनाने वालों द्वारा प्रयुक्त नीले रंग की स्याही में कोबाल्ट और एल्यूमिनियम होता है. जबकि लाल रंग की स्याही में मरक्यूरियल सल्फाइड और दूसरे रंगों की स्याहियों में शीशा, कैडमियम, क्रोमियम, निकल, टाइटेनियम और कई तरह की दूसरी धातुएं मिली होती हैं. इन तत्वों से आपके त्वचा पर एलर्जी उत्पन्न होने का खतरा रहता है.
4. मांसपेशियों को नुकसान
टैटू बनाने से हमारे शरीर की त्वचा को होने वाले नुकसान को आज भी समझ नहीं पाते हैं. कुछ डिजाइनों में टैटू उकेरने वाली सूईयों को शरीर में गहरा चुभाया जाता है, जिससे मांसपेशियों तक को नुकसान पहुंचता है. विशेषज्ञ कहते हैं कि शरीर पर तिल वाले स्थान पर टैटू नहीं बनवाना चाहिए. यदि आप अपने शरीर की मांसपेशियों को टैटू बनाने से होने वाले नुकसान को बचाना चाहते हैं तो आपको इन सब बातों का ध्यान रखना चाहिए.
5. बरतें सावधानी
यदि आपको टैटू बनवाना अच्छा लगता है तो आप इससे पहले हेपेटाइटिस बी का टीका लगवा लें. इसके अलावा आप टैटू बनवाने से पहले ये भी जरूर सुनिश्चित कर लें कि टैटू बनाने वाला इसका अच्छा जानकार हो और उसके पास आधुनिक उपकरण और साफ-सफाई का पूरा ध्यान दिया जाता हो. उस जगह पर नियमित रूप से एंटीबायोटिक क्रीम लगाते रहें. इन सब उपायों को करने और इनके बारे में जानने के बाद आप टैटू बनवाएंगे तो आपको ज्यादा नुकसान नहीं होगा बल्कि आप टैटू बनाने के बाद होने वाली परेशानियों से बच सकते हैं.
Ayurvedic Remedies For Burns
Ghee - Ghee gives a cooling effect on the skin. Apply on the affected area.
- Wash with Cucumber Water - Put the affected area under running tap water for a few minutes and wash with cucumber water or rose water. Both of these have astringent properties and help in preventing infection.
- Aloe Vera Paste You can also crush Aloe Vera leaves and apply the pulp. If fresh leaves are not easily available, you can use Aloe Vera gel available in stores.
- Honey & Coconut Oil Mix equal amounts of honey with plain coconut oil. Use this mixture on the burn area for relief. Instead of coconut oil you can use sesame oil as well.
- Plain Honey - Apart from its delicious taste, honey may help heal a minor burn when applied topically. Honey is an anti-inflammatory and naturally anti-bacterial and anti-fungal.
Is it possible to get rid of dark armpit and knees by laser treatment? Is it available in shillong? What will be the cost and how long it will take?
Im using Steroid containing fairness creams (Triglow cream and Candid soap). I have side effects of skin dryness. Please suggest me what can I use for normal skin.
I have small hairs on my cheek its not visible. Only some are visible. How to get thick and full growth beard naturally?
In order to have proper information about ovarian cysts, it is essential to discuss the anatomy of ovaries. These are basically a part of the female reproductive system and are located in the lower abdomen on the two sides of the uterus. The major functions of ovaries are production of eggs, oestrogen and progesterone hormones.
So what exactly are cysts? Cysts are fluid-filled sacks, which sometimes develop on the ovaries. These are usually painless, causing no such symptom and females develop a cyst at least once every year. However, there are various kinds of ovarian cysts like the dermoid cysts and endometrioma cysts. The most common kinds of cysts are usually the functional ones. The types of follicle cysts include the following:
- Follicle cyst: When the menstrual cycle starts, the egg grows in a sac, usually called follicle, which is located inside the ovary. In usual cases, the follicle breaks and the egg is released. However, there might be a case where the follicle may not break. In situations like these, the fluid present in the follicle may turn into cysts in the ovary.
- Corpus leuteum: After the egg is released into the uterus, the follicle ideally dissolves. However, in case the follicle does not dissolve, the excess liquid causes the developing of little sacs and these are the other kinds of cysts.
Most of these tumors are benign (non-cancerous) and never spread beyond the ovary. Benign tumors can be treated by removing either the ovary or the part of the ovary that contains the tumor.
Malignant (cancerous) or low malignant potential ovarian tumors can spread (metastasize) to other parts of the body and can be fatal.
There are some more types of cysts as well, which are as follows:
- Dermoid cyst: This is a sac-like growth, which occurs on the ovaries that can contain hair, fat or other tissues. They’re a type of ovarian germ cell tumor. Usually these tumors are benign, but occasionally they can be malignant.
- Endometriomas: These are those tissues, which should originally grow inside the uterus, but instead they attach themselves outside the uterus to the ovaries. This in turn results in cyst formation.
- Cystadenomas: These are basically non-cancerous growths that develop on the ovary surface.
Polycystic ovary syndrome
This is a condition that some women develop, a large number of small cysts form inside the ovaries, thereby causing the ovaries to enlarge. It is important that polycystic ovarian syndrome is treated soon because if left untreated for long, it may cause infertility in women. These cysts are usually not harmful, but they can cause the following:
- Hormonal imbalance, which may lead to acne or facial hair, may also cause individuals to stop ovulating or cause irregular periods
- Higher chance of getting diabetes as the body starts having insulin resistance
- Weight gain
This is not that big a deal and can be controlled easily. Also with healthy living and eating, this condition can be brought to normal. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
A tattoo has a strong emotional association with the person having it. Commonly it is the loved ones name, idols, quotes or just anything that a person feels connected to. However, over time, it may happen that the tattoo may not hold the same relevance as it used to once upon a time. It could also lose the esthetic appeal it once held. Whatever the reason, the tattoo needs to go. While tattoos were considered something permanent, there are now ways to remove it.
While the earlier methods were crude including removing the tattooed skin and grafting new skin, sanding the area, or dermabrasion; but today with the use of laser, the process has become much simpler and convenient. Laser is now the most widely used method of removing the tattoo.
A thorough evaluation to see the extent of the tattoo, in terms of depth, size and colors, is done before planning its removal. The type, strength and sessions of lasers will depend on these factors.
During the removal, the tattooed area is focused with a handheld device that emits laser light of the desired frequency and strength. This removes the colored pigments of the tattoo without affecting the surrounding skin. Different wavelengths of light are used to remove different pigments, which get broken down. These pigments are then washed out from the body as wastes.
Depending on the size and colors used in the tattoo, more than one sitting may be required. For large ones, up to 6 to 8 months may be required for complete removal. A minimum of 4 weeks gap is required between two sittings, allowing sufficient time for the skin to heal.
Professional vs Amateur Tattoos-
Professional applied tattoos penetrate deeper into the skin at uniform levels which can make it easier to treat, but not always, as the ink is usually more dense. Amateur tattoos are often applied with an uneven hand which can make the removal challenging but overall they are easier to remove.
Risks and Side Effects:
There are a handful of symptoms you might see post-treatment. Among them are blisters, swelling, raising of the tattoo, pinpoint bleeding, redness, and/or temporary darkening. Not to worry, though. These are common and usually subside within one to two weeks. If they don't, talk to your doctor.
The way getting tattoo caused some pain, the removal will also cause some pain. Topical or local anaesthesia is used to make it comfortable.
Not just the tattoo pigment but also some of the natural skin pigment is lost, so the skin can become lighter or darker than the surrounding skin.
In some cases, there could be some scarring. The scar will get better and can be treated after tattoo laser sessions.
So, if you thought a tattoo is forever, it is not so. Go ahead and plan for its removal, of course after understanding what it entails. If there is any tattoo on your body which you no longer like, meet your dermatologist for consultation and then laser to make that undesired ink fade!!
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!