Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Child Nutrition Management
Immunity Therapy Treatment
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Food Plan Preparation
Submit a review for Re-vive Fitness and Beauty Pvt LtdYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Her treatment suited me the best and now I am fine. I read about the Shalmali Sharma on one of the social media platform. Both Shalmali Sharma and staff were very helpful. Whatever tests the Shalmali Sharma prescribed, were very correct and the gave they gave us an exact idea about my condition. The Re-vive Fitness and Beauty Pvt Ltd is decorated very nicely and doesn't look like a hospital. The polycystic ovary synDrome was increasing day by day. She is not just friendly, but also is very motivating.
I owe her a big thanks for making me fine again. Even though the problem was not so big, but still the other doctors were not able to treat it. The I consulted Shalmali Sharma. Someone from the office, referred us that Shalmali Sharma. It was an amazing experience as everyone in the Re-vive Fitness and Beauty Pvt Ltd is so nice. The Re-vive Fitness and Beauty Pvt Ltd was equipped with various facilities. i took a gain weight treatment
Never thought I will suffer from issues with weight loss like this. The overall atmosphere in the Re-vive is very soothing. She is not just friendly, but also is very motivating. One of my neighbour's recommended Shalmali Sharma. She has so much knowledge that for everything my family takes her reference. I am so much benefitted with her treatment, that i am perfectly fine now.
i needed a good diet chart. Even after my diet program with my old doctor, I never felt so much relief, but Shalmali Sharma has helped me completley. Thanks to the expert care and guidance, I feel much better than before. The facilities available in the Re-vive Fitness and Beauty Pvt Ltd are very nice. She is so pleasant to talk to and always ready to answer your doubts.
Dr.Shalmali Sharma is not just friendly, but also is very motivating. The atmosphere in the Re-vive Fitness and Beauty in banglaore is always so positive and full of life. I am almost my normal self post the diet planning and for that my dietician, Shalmali Sharma is the reason. Shalmali Sharma has so much knowledge that for everything my family takes herreference.
She is very courteous and behaves very aptly with elder patients. My case was extremely serious, but she really handled it very nicely. They took very nice care of me, i never felt that I am in a Re-vive Fitness and Beauty Pvt Ltd. Shalmali Sharma guidance has helped me immensely and has helped gain confidence. she did my diet therapy.
I am so thankful that Dr Sharma has given me the best advice and I am now finally able to get back to my normal self. My problem was that I needed a good diet for staying healthy. The overall atmosphere in the Re-vive Fitness is very soothing. Dr Sharma certainly knows the in and out of her speciality.
I was n search of an experienced dietician as I was suffering from body weakness. I was not able to concentrate on my day to day work. One of my neighbour referred Dr Shalmali, she is a well known dietician in our city. I thank her for providing me the best suitable treatment for staying healthy.
As someone I knew, consulted Dt. Shalmali Sharma and they referred us. She is very courteous and behaves very aptly with elder patients. It was a bad case of not being able to lose weight. The atmosphere in the Re-vive is always so positive and full of life.
One of my neighbour's recommended Dr Shalmali Sharma. She never gets frustrated, even when I ask a number of queries. Shalmali Sharma has in depth knowledge and ensures that she explains the problem in detail. She did my weight loss counselling.
She is really good... Have went for weight loss session and she gave me proper diet. It really helped me in reducing my weight.
She was good, humble and a understanding person. She made me feel easy and I was easily able to interact with her.
It's lovely experience her way of consultation is very convincing.
Excessive secretion of stomach acids brings about the problem of acidity with heartburn and dyspepsia being its common symptoms. There are foods as well as home remedies that can help you to get rid of this problem. Some of them are:
1. Bananas - Being an excellent source of potassium, this fruit helps to keep acid production in balance. Moreover, certain elements in bananas aid in increasing the production of stomach mucus that helps to protect the organ from adverse effects of excessive acid production. Even its high fiber content promotes digestion, preventing the occurrence of acidity once again.
2. Ginger - Consuming ginger can help to bring about a significant improvement in digestion, superior absorption as well as proper assimilation of important nutrients. This root is helpful in protecting your body from stomach ulcers by enabling mucus production, thereby decreasing the negative effects of acid on the stomach.
3. Melons - Melons are also extremely good for fighting acidity. They have a pH of 6.1 and can be had as whole or as fruit juice. Whether it is watermelons or honeydew, these are refreshing fruits filled with nutrients. Each bite of a watermelon, for instance, contains high levels of Vitamins A, C, and B6, amino acids, antioxidants and lycopene as well as potassium.
4. Mint leaves - Even mint leaves are helpful in slowing down the acid buildup in the stomach while improving digestion. Its cooling effect can help to cut down the pain as well as burning sensation associated with acid reflux.
In addition to having these foods, there are certain home remedies that you can try for fighting acidity:
- It's wise to have your last meal about 2-3 hours before your bedtime to allow time for digestion of the food matter.
- You should always have your meals at regular fixed intervals. Keeping too wide a gap between meals can cause you to suffer from acidity.
- To curb instances of acidity, it's best to avoid spicy foods and caffeinated beverages.
- Having a glass of lukewarm water daily can also help in combating acidity. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
Special nutritional needs are often required in special circumstances. Unlike adults from 20 to 60, children and elderly people have specific needs as their physical requirements are different. Just like pregnant women need tailor-made diets for their specific needs, children and elderly people also require appropriate diets without too much variation.
The requirement for geriatric or elderly nutrition:
As the body ages, certain functions within are slowed down and thus, the processes are not able to completely recuperate and replenish what was lost. Certain functions are affected more than others and hence, need specific nutrients to regenerate.
Tips for Geriatric Nutrition:
Let's take a look at some of the specific diet requirements as well as certain items, which should be avoided.
1. Consumption of calcium rich foods - Bones are a part of the human body that tend to suffer a lot of wear and tear and they start showing signs of weakening after 60. It is thus, important to replenish calcium in the body to help the bones get their building blocks. Some examples of calcium-rich foods are almonds and green leafy vegetables like kale. Dairy products are also good as long as the fat content within them is low.
2. Keeping the body hydrated - Although physical activity reduces with age, dehydration can still occur within senior people and thus, it is important that they remain hydrated. Simply drinking water may not be enough and juices or other water-rich foods such as watermelons should be used to supplement for hydration.
3. Lessening sodium within the body - The presence of excess sodium in the body can cause blood pressure to shoot up and result in high blood pressure, which may then further result in more ailments like strokes. It is pertinent that foods rich in sodium such a red meats be lessened or cut out of the diet altogether.
4. Lessening sugar consumption or any other foods that may exacerbate diabetes - Another factor to consider is the consumption of sugar and sugar-filled products. Not just for diabetics, but elderly people have a tendency to develop high blood sugar and hence, it is prudent to reduce sugar intake.
Believed to be used by even Christopher Columbus on his discovery voyage, papaya is known as the angel of fruits. While it is not a taste that most usually enjoy the very first time, it can grow on you slowly and then stick on forever. The raw ones are used in salad and curries, the ripe can be eaten either in solid or liquid form, alone or in combination with other fruits.
Some of the wonderful benefits of papaya are listed below.
- Anti-inflammatory: The various minerals and vitamins (A, B, C, K) in papaya help improve immunity and prevents infections. It also promotes healing of burns and wounds.
- Cholesterol control: The antioxidants, flavonoids and fibre help in cholesterol/plaque accumulation in the arteries. The lipid and triglyceride content can also be reduced with regular consumption of papayas.
- Digestive benefits: The enzyme papain contained in papaya is quite effective in reducing the damage caused by eating junk and oily foods. It helps in breaking down proteins and is, therefore, useful as a home remedy for indigestion. It is also rich in fiber and helps relieve constipation.
- Diabetes: The high fiber content in papaya combined with the low calories (a medium sized fruit contains about 110 calories) is a boon to diabetes patients. They can eat to their full content without feeling guilty of the sugar levels. Some people also consume the flowers (sautéed in oil) to control diabetes.
- Arthritis: The various minerals (potassium, calcium, sodium, and magnesium) in papaya can help keep a check on arthritis and bone and joint pains in the long run.
- Weight loss/ cleansing/ detox: The various minerals and vitamins along with the rich fiber content ensure you get a good detox of the system. Papaya is one of the widely used fruits in people who want to lose weight.
- Antiaging effects: The antioxidants which reduce the rate of inflammation and the multiple vitamins help in looking younger by improving skin, hair, and overall immunity levels.
- Stress buster: Again, the antioxidants and vitamins (C in particular) is a good way to refresh your energy after a long tiring day.
- Anti-cancer effects: The flavonoids, phytonutrients, and antioxidants help to prevent free radical damage which is the main cause of cancer. They also contain beta carotene which helps control prostate and colon cancer.
- Eye health: The beta carotene, vitamin A, and lutein help in improving moisture in the eyes and controlling macular degeneration.
- Hair health: The scalp produces sebum which is rich in vitamin A. Papaya when applied to the scalp gives the same effect as sebum, which keeps the hair shiny, silky, and lustrous. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
In India, we move from one festival to the next. Lohri is the first major festival of the year and is celebrated in most parts of North India to mark the waning of winter and the harvest of Rabi crop. Lohri celebrations are characterised by blazing bonfires, folk dance and songs and trays filled with rewri, peanuts, popcorn, gajjak, sarson ka saag and makki ki roti. Unlike traditional mithais that go along with all other festivals, these foods are in fact healthy. Here are a few of their health benefits.
- Rewri and Gajjak: Rewri is a hardened toffee like sweet made from jaggery and sesame seeds. Jaggery helps regulate digestion and internal temperature, cleanses the blood and helps prevent problems like acne, joint pains and menstrual problems. It is also a rich source of iron and has anti-allergenic properties.
- Sesame seeds: Sesame seeds are rich in copper, zinc, iron, calcium, phosphorus and manganese. These nutrients help promote healthy bones, boost immunity, reduce stress and fight free radicals. This can help reduce chances of osteoporosis and slow down the ageing process. Sesame seeds are also said to have the ability to reduce the risk of many types of cancer.
- Peanuts: Peanuts are a rich source of folate, manganese and essential amino acids like tryptophan. This helps regulate blood sugar, metabolise fats and carbohydrates and helps the body to absorb calcium and promote healthy joints. Pregnant women can benefit from peanuts as the folic acid in them can help reduce the risk of giving birth to a baby with congenital defects. Peanuts can also help prevent gallstones and help regulate mood swings. Peanuts are also great for the brain as the vitamin B3 and niacin in them helps boost memory. These nutrients also help reduce bad cholesterol and increase good cholesterol levels. Hence, peanuts reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Popcorn: Unlike the popcorn you enjoy at a movie hall, popcorn that is eaten at Lohri celebrations is free from butter and added flavouring. On its own popcorn is a rich source of fibre and has a very low calorific value. This makes popcorn a good snack to eat between meals. Popcorn is a whole grain snack and is rich in anti-oxidants called polyphenols. This can help protect the body against cancer, heart disease and other diseases caused by free radicals.
To make your Lohri even healthier, don’t just sit around the bonfire and warm your hands, Get up and dance to the beat of the dhol and burn all the calories you’ve been eating.
5 Diet Tips For Youthful Skin
A beautiful, radiant and glowing skin is every girl's dream. So follow these tips and get a great youthful skin.
1. Eat lots of vegetables: vegetables will also provide you with plenty of fiber and antioxidants. For example roast parsnips can bring up our blood sugar more than pure table sugar. Good fruit options are berries, as they are relatively low in sugar and high in antioxidants.
2. Cut out the sugar: the less sugar we eat, the better it is. Artificial sweeteners such as aspartame should be strictly avoided. Not only are they nasty chemical substances, but they have also been connected to obesity and diabetes.
3. Eat more healthy fat: one of the crucial things our body and our skin needs for long-term health is fat. The increase in fat consumption has to be done in conjunction with sugar and grain reduction.
4. Don't forget your daily protein: protein provides important building blocks for our entire body. However, our body has little capacity to store protein. So, to supply our body and skin with all it needs, we have to provide it with sufficient amounts of protein on a daily basis.
5. Spice up your life: herbs and spices including rosemary, garlic, curcumin and cinnamon are a great addition to any skin health and longevity eating plan. Not only do spices greatly add flavor and variety of our food, but they also contain bioactive substances with positive effects on general health, skin and life span.