Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Prolife Multi-speciality HospitalYour feedback matters!
Most of the time I done how to explain what im actually feeling. The other person understands it wrong. Im feeling depressed.
Hi I feel really stressed. I feel im not good enough for anyone im not able to express myself properly most of the time. If I get hurt I prefer keeping it within myself and when I someone does not understand me I tend to give up easily. And I do not give up on the person I love easily im very scared what if that person leaves me and I always do what I can to make that person happy forgetting about myself. I feel im actually lonely. What am I supposed to do? What do I do when someone does not understand me. How am I supposes to react to that situation.
Dear sir. I am facing severe depression. And I am working on it by reading about CBT and now I am reading "Feeling Good - How to overcome depression book. And I want to do exercise daily. Is it helpful? And which type of exercise is good to cure depression and what type of food is good?
I am 27 years male. I had drank 2-3 peg of Vodka everyday from thi last 3 days. Now feeling totally body weakness. Still feeling like drankman. Not taken drink from last 24 hours. This has been done before 7 years before. I had drunk vodka of 4-5 pag. And feeling drankman and total body weakness still 10-15 days. I had drink many time vicky and nothing has to be done because of vicky. Is there any different in drunk vodka and vicky? Pls advise me on total body weakness and feeling drunkman.
Is every little ulcer under the tongue in mouth due to smoking a cancer? Because I have a little ulcer under the tongue for almost three years. I have leukoplakia near the ulcer area and some time I feel pain on the ulcer. I am a smoker. Will the ulcer disappears by it's own if I can leave smoking?
I am a 23 year old female. I have been struggling with some relationship stress. Ending the relationship has also been very hard, despite me being sure about wanting to end it. Please help.
Depression is a clinical, mental, and emotional condition that may give rise to feelings of hopelessness and chronic sadness. It slows down the way people process everyday activities and leads the patient to a sense of constant gloom and doom. It is a disabling mental condition as per WHO, and may be caused due to reasons like genetics, changes in the balance of hormones, stress, grief, trauma and prolonged, chronic physical ailments. Depression is also connected with food and nutrition. Do you want to know how?
Read on to see the three ways in which food and depression are connected.
- Severity and Duration: Depression is a mental illness that signifies an imbalance in the hormones and the emotional faculties in the brain. Nutrition is the fuel that keeps the brain and body in prime working condition. When a depressive state sets in or becomes emotionally rooted, then nutritious eating and a proper diet take a back seat as the patient succumbs to a state where he or she is not concerned about the food intake. As a result, the brain and hormonal balance get further affected. This can have an adverse effect on the severity and the duration of the depressive mode, which makes it all a vicious cycle of sorts. Poor appetite, not having proper meals, skipping meals, eating junk, avoiding social settings where food will be served, and even emotional eating are all outcomes of depression too.
- Eating Disorders: Many patients who have eating disorders often experience deep rooted and chronic depression. Since despondency and hopelessness are the main characteristics of depressive behaviour, the outcome is that the patient tries to behave in a way that seeks approval. And in all this, the patient usually thinks that he or she is not 'good enough'. In such a scenario, the patient may start trying out fad diets and eventually fall prey to eating disorders like Bulimia that make the patient overeat and then vomit. These eating disorders usually come with phases of binge eating, throwing up, starving and then repeating the cycle again. Eating in secrecy is also a symptom of this condition.
- Nutrition to Fight Depression: Nutrition and proper food intake can build a sense of resilience by first of all improving the overall physical condition of the patient. This can take care of a lot of angst even as the minerals and vitamins travel to the brain for better functioning in the long run.
Ensure that you eat right as a part of your therapy for depression. This is as good as taking your medication on time!
I opted for b.pharm course and now I am in my 4th year. But now I am feeling fed up of my life. I am not able to concentrate on my studies. I was a good student. But now I am feeling very low. What should I do to stay positive all the time? What exercise should I do so that I can get rid of all the negativity of my life? What should I do? I am very confused all the time. Recently I fell ill from dengue. My whole life has got messed.
Actually I love someone when I was in 8th. From 8th class I liked him alot n now it had changed to love. He was my best frend. I never told him bt he understood my feelings fr him. After my 12th I proposed him n he denied. Then a guy from my clg started liking me. I was attracted to him bt we only talked to each other bs. Sahi ni LGA kuch n I broke up. Bs baat hoti thi. Never met him alone. Uske ladke k sath baat krte Time bhi me apne best freind ko ni bhula pa ri thi. Usko sb btaya ki I was in a relationship n all. Usko dubara bola k I love him. Bt usne mana krdia. I spent a quality tym with him. Mje lagta h k he too loves me. Bt he denied it. I am unable to forget him. It has been 7 years now. Sbh uthti hu to pta chlta h k royi thi neend me. Din bhar vahi chalta hai doing m. Gussa aata h bohot aajkal n all please help him It had became impossible for me to forget him.
I'm experiencing anxiety since the past 3 days. Previously I never had an encounter with anxiety or panic attacks. I get irritated by every little things. I feel a constant pain in my head and fever. Also I feel increased heart rate and extreme sweating from palms and feet. I also have difficulty sleeping. During the panic attacks I feel like committing suicide as this seems the only option to ease out the pain. I couldn't consult a psychiatrist as none are available in my city (everyone out for diwali vacation). Can you suggest me some medications or give me some advice on what should I be doing. Most importantly why is this happening to me? I mean is this gonna be permanent or its due to some deficiency in my body (my calcium and vitamin d3 & d12 levels were very low last time I checked around 10 months ago)
Recently most of us were shaken by the death of the well-known television actress, Pratyusha Banerjee. Her sudden death has brought to light the very common yet under-addressed problem - Depression - that a number of youths are living with.
Most mental and emotional health issues are inconspicuous in nature and, therefore, cause more harm than they otherwise should, most people still live with a number of symptoms of depression without even realizing it or do little to address it. When the depressive symptoms last for more than 2 weeks and affect the individual's personal, social or occupational life, it is known as clinical depression or major depression. There is often a delay in opting for the treatment because of the social taboo associated with depression.
Although cases of depression can vary from an individual to the other, there are signs that one can look out for, to identify a depressed person:
- Low mood most of the time of day along with frequent crying spells
- Feeling of unworthiness and low self-respect are very common in a depressed person. Due to these feelings, the affected person may become very critical and disapproving about himself or herself.
- Lack of enjoyment and loss of interest in a depressed person makes them no longer derive pleasure from things that once gave him or her happiness.
- Exhaustion and insomnia are signs that one should look out for in a depressed individual. These are usually due to changes in sleep patterns, from sleeping a lot because of feelings of constant fatigue or due to instances of wakefulness.
- From indulging in comfort eating to losing the will to eat, predominantly loss of appetite characterizes a depressed person.
- Difficulty in recalling details and tendency to over generalize as also problem-solving issues can point to the presence of depression
- Unexplained bodily pains and aches are another characteristics of the condition.
What are the different types of depression?
Regarding the different forms of this mental health issue, it comes in several forms along with their distinct symptoms, effects, and causes. These are:
- Major depression
- Recurrent depressive disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder
- Bipolar disorder
How can it affect your life?
More than 90% people who commit suicide suffer from some form of psychiatric illness and depression is the most common reason. The despair that usually accompanies depression makes the thought of taking one's life as the only means available to escape the pain. In addition to suicidal thoughts, it can also affect one's functioning in day to day life if help is not sought in time.
Depression is as curable as any other illness. Both medical management and psychotherapy are helpful in treatment. Type of treatment depends on patient's condition, the severity of illness as well as availability.
How can I clean up the nicotine or the symbol of smoking over my lungs? I need some home based solutions.
As being a teenager I need to study but sometimes I get depressed due to some situations so what l should do in such time.
He is used to alcohol drinking from his college days. Not an addict but he drinks weekly once or twice. Is it good for health or ll it spoil? Please give me a proper answer. Am very much worried about his health. How to make him overcome his drinking habit rapidly?
I am in a big mess. Though all the fault are mine. The problem is I had a girlfriend with 3 years relation. Everything was going fine till last few month ago something happened and I came up with another dating a girl of my college. Practically saying I was cheating both. When I realised its wrong I said the truth to both and both breakup with me. Thats not the problem as I see both are happy moving on. The problem is with me. I can't move on. Can't concentrate in anything. Feeling reckless, etc. I wanna get out of this. Please help me. I am in great dilemma. Need to move on.
Dear Doctor I am suffering from anxiety and depression both, I always think extreme negative, I have got gastritis, constipation but when I listened that my friend sister got liver cancer at the age of 38 some disease illness I also getting worried and started thinking negative for me, kindly help.
A lot of smokers now are well aware of the dangers of smoking, but yet they find it hard to quit this habit. In fact, even repeated attempts to quit smoking fail after a few days as they tend to give in to a variety of withdrawal symptoms. In case you are searching for a permanent solution to de-focus and avoid tobacco intake, yoga is the way to venture out of the smoke and free yourself of the addiction.
Compelling well-being programs that plan to improve people and bring back their focus on things that help them lead a solid and happy life can be sought. In this manner, their friends and families get a chance to inhale fresh air as well. Yoga is one such measure which can be used.
Here are a couple of yoga poses that are helpful in getting rid of tobacco addiction:
- Kapal bhati pranayama (skull shining breathing procedure): This asana tends to enhance the blood flow, improve the sensory system, restore brain cells and quiet the mind. This pranayama likewise clears the nadis (the energy channels) and fights the temptation of smoking.
- Nadi shodhan pranayama (alternate nostril breathing procedure): Discharge accumulated stress, quiet your brain, sanitise and adjust your naadis (unobtrusive energy channels) with this pranayama. The nadi shodhan pranayama works effectively for some respiratory problems and helps you cope with your addiction of tobacco.
- Bhujanagasana (cobra posture): The cobra posture improves blood circulation and expands your abdomen. It lessens exhaustion and is additionally useful for people with respiratory illnesses. This yoga acts as a stress reliever and minimises the desire of smoking.
- Setu bandhasana (bridge posture): The bridge posture opens up the lungs and enhances the supply of oxygen to the body. It additionally extends different parts of the body, quiets the mind, diminishes tension, depression and stress, which keeps you far from smoking.
- Shishuasana (child posture): The child posture unwinds the body, quiets down the nervous system and eases the body from stress.
- Trikonasana (triangle posture): The triangle posture extends and strengthens different parts of the body. This yoga pose is an extremely powerful physical and mental balance for the body. It also diminishes nervousness and stress, and helps you fight the desire of tobacco.
- Sarvangasana (bear stand): The shoulder stand supplies the mind with more blood and also calms it down. It additionally mitigates stress and misery, thereby killing the desire of smoking.
- Shavasana (corpse posture): The corpse stance should be performed last as it releases the body into a profound, reflective condition of rest and alleviates tension. This yoga posture restores the body and diminishes stress and tension.
Yoga is a very beneficial form of releasing stress and tension as well as your addictions. It takes a long time to show results but the results are long-lasting and highly effective.