Doctor in Panacea Hospital Pvt Ltd - Basaveshwaranagar
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Panacea Hospital Pvt Ltd - BasaveshwaranagarYour feedback matters!
Spinach is an extremely nutrient-rich vegetable. It contains high amounts of carotenoids, vitamin C, vitamin K, folic acid, iron and calcium.
Schedule time to just talk. When problems start, communication often breaks down and you may notice that you and your partner do not talk as much as you used to. To start improving your communication again, try making little appointments to chat about little things.
- For example, you could set aside 15 minutes per morning to sit and tell each other about your plans for the day. Or, you could give your partner a call on his or her lunch break to check in and see how your partner’s day is going.
- Scheduling time to talk about relationship problems can be useful as well. By setting a time limit for discussing your problem, you may reduce some of the tension in your relationship and get closer to a solution. For example, you could decide to discuss a specific problem from 7-8pm.
- Keep these conversations as light as possible and avoid discussing anything that might upset your partner during this time. The goal is to get a rapport going again. Of course, if your partner is having a bad day or is feeling stressed about something, listen and be supportive and encouraging.
Discuss problems in a public place. If you and your partner are prone to shouting at each other during arguments, try going to a public place to discuss problem topics. Got to a library, a coffee shop, or the mall to talk through the issue. The knowledge that you may cause a scene if you yell at each other should help you to keep your voices down and have a more civil conversation.
Work on active listening skills. Problems may also arise in relationships if a partner feels like he or she is not being heard. To eliminate this potential problem, practice active listening skills when your partner is talking to you.
- Make eye contact with your partner when he or she is talking. Do not look away, look at your phone, or anywhere else when your partner is talking to you. Give your partner your full attention.
- Nod your head and indicate your interest with neutral statements, such as “yes,” “I see,” and “go on.”
- Rephrase what your partner has just said to make sure that you have understood him or her.
Stick to “I” statements. Making “you” statements may cause your partner to feel as though you are assigning blame. This can lead to defensiveness and even a fight. Therefore, it is important to use “I” statements to let your partner know what is bothering you.
- For example, instead of saying, “You never make the bed in the morning,” say, “I would really appreciate it if you could make the bed if you get up after I do.”
Express your appreciation for each other. Feeling unappreciated can cause problems in a relationship as well. That is why it is so important to remember to say things like “thank you” and “I appreciate you” as often as possible.
- For example, if your partner often loads the dishwasher after dinner and tidies up the kitchen, let him or her know that you value these activities. Say something like, “I just want to say thank you for keeping our kitchen so clean and nice. I appreciate that so much.”
Think before you speak. Sometimes an argument may get heated and you may find yourself saying or wanting to say things that are meant to make your partner feel bad about him or herself rather than to solve your problems. If you feel the urge to say something hurtful to your partner, take a moment to stop and think about what the problem is and what you could say to move closer to a solution.
- For example, instead of calling your partner a mean name or insulting him or her in some other way, identify what you want him or her to do.
Career counselling can be defined as a process that helps an individual to gain an understanding of oneself and the various interests to make a firm decision about the career choice and further education plans. It helps in managing a variety of problems such as managing time, help in increasing the concentration levels, resolving various conflicts between parents and children in a family regarding what profession should a child choose.
Career counselling is required by everyone at one point in time as it helps in gaining an insight and hence illuminates us regarding our career opportunities and various improvements that a person can make. There are different roles performed by the career counsellors which are mentioned below:
- They help in making the correct assessment of aptitude, personality, interests and other aspects of an individual.
- It helps an individual to gain access to the resources and knowledge that are possessed by career expert.
- It helps in gaining confidence to cross the hurdles in one’s life and give a right direction with respect to different aspects of one’s life be it maintaining social relationships, personal life or any other career problem.
- It helps in modifying the abnormal behavioural patterns, especially in case of children. These behavioural patterns may involve the procrastination, ignorance of one’s mental and emotional health, low self-esteem etc. A career counsellor helps in correcting these behavioural patterns and makes a person indulge in more productive activities at any place.
- It helps in connecting students to the professionals having extensive experiences in life to share.
Psychology has played a very prominent role in counselling. Other than handling emotional difficulties, counselling follows a more holistic approach in dealing with various issues. Psychology is an integrated part of the field like career counselling where more emphasis is given upon the understanding thoughts and feelings of others. The roles like performing personality assessments require the knowledge of psychology where a person should have a detailed knowledge of different theoretical perspectives of personality and other underlying principles.
Hence, to work as a counsellor, you should have a professional educational qualification in psychiatry, psychology, or social work. The career counsellors have to be very effective in dealing with people; therefore they should be having good communication skills and should be able to establish rapport with the clients. They should be having the good connection with the education institutions such as schools, colleges, etc. The practitioners should be able to handle associations of large or small groups. They should be willing to take initiatives and work as a team. They should be flexible while dealing with different people and working on various aspects. They should have a good adaptability with respect to changes that take place in the environment.
Therefore, career counselling is not just a matter of good communication but a lot more than that. It involves a variety of skills and knowledge to deal with people’s problems. Also, knowledge of psychology is very much essential for being a career counsellor. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Epilepsy is a neurological disease which is characterised by recurring epileptic seizures. These seizures can be brief or can persist for prolonged periods. Vigorous episodes which last long can result in physical injuries such as broken bones. Mention that 6th February is International epilepsy day.
Causes of Epilepsy
The cause of this condition isn’t very evident; however, most medical practitioners attribute epileptic seizures to brain injury, tumours, infections in the brain or birth defects. Some doctors believe that epilepsy is caused due to genetic mutations and is an outcome of abnormal activity of cells in the brain. Other causes for this condition can be alcohol or narcotics withdrawal and electrolyte problems.
- Repeated seizures
- Impaired memory
- Bouts of fainting
- Short spans of blackout
- Sudden bouts of blinking and chewing
- Inappropriate repetitive movements
Types of Seizures
A seizure, also known as fit, is usually a brief episode characterised by uncontrollable jerking movement and loss of awareness due to abnormal neuronal activity in your brain. A collective occurrence of these seizures causes epilepsy.
There are three types of seizures an epileptic person usually encounters.
- Idiopathic: This kind of seizure has no apparent cause
- Cryptogenic: The doctors believe that there is a cause for the seizure but cannot detect it
- Symptomatic: These seizures occur due to a reason.
- Medication: Medication is the most common treatment in case of epilepsy. Drugs taken on a regular basis can stop the seizure partially. But in very severe cases, they seem to have no effect at all.
- Surgery: For symptomatic seizures which are caused due to abnormal brain function, surgery can be a way to get rid of seizures. In some minor cases, nerve stimulation in the brain and special diets can be prescribed to control the epileptic seizures.
Five facts about epilepsy you need to know:
- Epilepsy is not psychosis or madness and can be treated easily
- Popular celebraties with epilepsy include Aristotle, Alfred Nobel, Alexander the great, Sir Isaacs Newton, Martin Luther and Julius Caesar etc.
- Woman with epilepsy can have a normal pregnancy
- Newer medicines for epilepsy are effective and very safe
- Surgery can cure epilepsy in some patients.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Dissociative disorder can be described as a mental disorder that involves experiences of disconnection and a lack of continuity between the thoughts and memories of a person including a lack of awareness of the surroundings, actions and even identity. People who are suffering from dissociative disorder generally escape reality in such an extreme way that they lose focus of what is happening around them which causes involuntary and unhealthy actions that may hamper the normal way of life.
Studies have found that dissociative disorder is a result of a trauma that the person may have encountered prior to the symptoms and tries to keep the difficult memories related to that incident away from their mind. Symptoms of dissociative disorder range from amnesia to even alternate identities depending heavily on the type of dissociative disorder that the person is suffering from. Research has shown that stress is a major factor in inducing the disorder. Stress worsens the symptoms and makes the disorder obvious.
There are a number of treatments for dissociative disorder. It ranges from talk therapy or psychotherapy to medications. However, it must be noted that treating dissociative disorder is difficult and research and studies have tried to learn new and approved ways to cope with it to lead a healthy, productive life on a daily basis.
Causes of dissociative disorder
To know more about dissociative disorder let's learn about the causes of the disorder. Medical research over the years has been able to delve deep into the causes associated with dissociative disorder. The results have concluded that dissociative disorder develops in an individual as a way to cope with a major trauma that he/she may have experienced in their life. The disorder is often seen to develop in a child who has been subjected to years and years of physical abuse along with sexual and emotional abuse. In many cases, a toxic home environment is responsible for the above said abuses also results in a dissociative disorder. Moreover, the stress of war on a soldier or the effects of a natural disaster on an individual can also induce dissociative disorder.
Childhood is an important time for the development of personality. Children are more prone to emotions than a grown-up. So even if the abuse is happening on someone else, a child will pick up on it and develop their personality around it. A child may learn to dissociate in order to cope with the traumatic situation. And as a result, he employs that same dissociation in the latter part of their life to endure any traumatic situation or anything that triggers similar memories.
It is always advised to take help from a professional if the situation gets out of control. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Autism is a condition that afflicts many children around the globe and continues well into adulthood, with far-ranging and lifelong repercussions. While there is no permanent cure for this debilitating condition, one can turn to a number of treatments and management methods in order to take care of the symptoms and suppress the onset of the same. Let us find out more about the causes of the condition as well as the diagnosis, diet and homeopathic treatment for the same.
This is a neurological disease that children are usually born with. It may arise due to genetic or environmental factors. This is a complex ailment that has a bearing on the social and communication skills of the child and it affects his/her development as the child grows into an adult. Intake of drugs and other kinds of harmful medications during pregnancy are the most notable causes of this disease, while a faulty carrier gene could also bring on this condition in many cases. Exposure to many kinds of chemicals may also lead to the onset of this condition.
While there are no lab tests that can determine the presence of this condition, doctors usually conduct the diagnosis on the basis of the symptoms, including constant tantrums, repetition of words as well as slurring, and over sensitivity towards pain. Further, a clinical evaluation based on the milestones touched by the child in the development process will also be studied carefully in order to make the right diagnosis. Screening tests can help determine the presence of this condition.
There is a large body of medical practitioners who hold the belief that the diet of a patient can have a large bearing on how he or she reacts to autism and its symptoms. As per many medical studies, it is known that these patients are not able to digest gluten and casein very well, which is why they should eliminate the same from their diet. Therefore, the patients must stick to gluten-free food like rice, vegetables, corn, soy and even fruits. Further, they should even try to avoid casein-rich food like dairy.
These medicines should always be prescribed by a doctor. There are about 20 different types of medicines available to treat and manage the symptoms, especially if they arise due to genetic reasons. These may be prescribed for a period of six months to one year at a time, depending on the severity of the symptoms. The Houston Homeopathy Method has been known to give relief to over hundreds of children suffering from this ailment. Constitutional homeopathy can also be used in such cases so as to bring some respite from the symptoms. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
One of the emerging psychiatric disorder that has significant medical and psychiatric consequences is compulsive sexual behaviour or hypersexuality, is an obsession with sexual thoughts in which people cannot manage their sexual behaviour. It may involve a commonly enjoyable sexual experience as self-stimulation which becomes an obsession. The person suffering from the condition may also get involved in sexual behaviours that are outside the bounds of commonly accepted conduct like paying for sex or having extramarital affairs.
Untreated compulsive sexual behaviour damages one’s self-esteem, health, job, relationships and career. However, with treatment and self-help,
one can manage compulsive sexual behaviour and learn to manage one’s urge. Males are more likely to be unfaithful than females because they have stronger sexual impulses and weaker self-control. Compulsive sexual behaviour symptoms vary in type and severity. During intense sexual impulses, one feels as if they're beyond control. This is the first and the most common symptom as the patient uses compulsive sexual behaviour as an escape route for problems like loneliness, depression, anxiety and stress. One has trouble establishing and maintaining emotional closeness, even if one is married or in a committed relationship.
The treatment for compulsive sexual behaviour involves psychotherapy and medications. A primary goal of treatment is to help one manage urges and reduce excessive behaviours while maintaining healthy sexual activities. If one has compulsive sexual behaviour, one may need treatment for mental health condition. People with compulsive sexual behaviour often have alcohol or drug abuse problems or a mood disorder such as depression.
Counselling sessions can help one learn how to manage one’s compulsive sexual behaviour. Intensive treatment programs for compulsive sexual behaviours focus on identification of core triggers and beliefs about sexual addiction. It assists in development of healthier choices and coping skills to minimize urges and deal with the preoccupation of sexual addiction. Psychodynamic psychotherapy can prove to be very useful as it focuses on increasing one’s awareness of unconscious thoughts and behaviours, and developing new insights into their motivations. Resolving conflicts using this therapy is also recommended. The other kind of treatment program is cognitive behavioural therapy. This therapy helps one to identify unhealthy, negative beliefs and behaviours and replace them with healthy, positive ones. Family therapy and couples therapy may restore trust, minimize shame and guilt thus establishing a healthy sexual relationship between partners.
Medications include anti-depressants like selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors, mood stabilizers and anti-androgens have also been used to treat compulsive sexual behaviour. Anti-androgens are prescribed as it reduces the biological effects of sex hormones in men thus reducing sexual urges. Luteinizing hormone is also prescribed as it reduces obsessive sexual thoughts by reducing the production of testosterone. Anti-seizure medications, naltrexone, and medications which decrease male hormones have been found to decrease the compulsive urges and impulses associated with sexual addictions for some sufferers. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
In this advanced ultra modern world most of us are leading a mechanical life in which they don’t have time to spend for their loved ones and family or even to share their problems and worries. It ultimately ends up with a serious psychological problem called as depression in which the person looks apparently worthless, pessimistic and even end up with suicidal thoughts.
Lack of interest in doing any activities, loss of appetite, insomnia, diminished emotional bonds, persistent sadness, poor concentration, guilty feeling and weight loss is the common symptom noted in depression. It not only affects the mental health it also affects a person’s physical health and sexual interest also.
Homeopathy is the ancient form of medicine which helps the person to relieve from depression in a very natural way without causing any side effects and even sedation.
- Aurum met is the commonly used homeopathic medicine for depression with suicidal thoughts
- Gelsemium and caladium is the best used medicine for depression caused due to impotency and excessive body temperature.
- Arsenicum album used to treat person with excessive worries and mood disturbances.
- Aurum metallicum is best used for person with symptoms like restlessness, feeling of worthlessness and suicidal thoughts.
- Causticum is used for person with depression after a loss of loved ones or an unbearable loss in financial state and grief.
- Ignatia amara is the best homeopathic medicine for sensitive persons who often and easily get mood disturbances.
- Lachesis muta, used to treat depression caused by suspicion, guilt feel and excessive jealous.
- Pulsatilla nigricans is used for treating person with sadness, and social withdrawal.
Homeopathy also insists on several natural ways that helps to relieve a person from signs of depression. Setting a routine work, physical exercises, meditation, healthy food habits and adequate sleep helps to get rid of depression in a better way. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!