Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Child Nutrition Management
Immunity Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Submit a review for Nutrify... The Wellness ClinicYour feedback matters!
Wine lovers have a difficult time answering this question to others, red or white, as both have their share of points when a comparison is being drawn between the two. Too many researches have been undertaken to make a choice and the following are some points that might help you decide.
Some popular white wines include Champagne, Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Grigio, Chardonnay, Riesling, and Chenin Blanc. Popular red wines include Cabernet Sauvignon, Zinfandel, Pinot Noir, Syrah, Merlot, and Sangiovese.
White wine is made from white grapes, without any skin or seeds. Red wines are made from whole dark red or black grapes, and the skin adds to the flavour and colour. Red wines are richer, white ones are sweeter.
Though wine lovers would decide on red or white wine depending on their preferred taste, from a health point of view, red wine wins over white wine. Though they are both made of grapes, they do not provide any benefit like fruits. Through fermentation, their original nutrition is lost but newer benefits towards heart and lung health settle in.
Read on to know more:
- Red wines have less natural sugar compared to white wines, though there is no significant difference in terms of carbohydrates or calories.
- Both have equal amounts of calcium, which is good for bones.
- Red wine has more amount of iron, phosphorus, and magnesium compared to the white variety.
- Red wine has as much potassium as in a banana, so beats the white variety again.
- Carotenoids like lutein and zeaxanthin are found in good amounts in the red variety, which is good for macular degeneration.
- Red wine also is richer in choline, which prevents liver damage and overall inflammation.
- Red wines, with the skin as well, contain resveratrol which is protective against heart disease. They prevent plaque formation in the arteries, improve the immune system, and inhibit cancer growth.
- The polyphenol in them are excellent antioxidants and help in preventing cholesterol levels, reducing blood pressure, strengthening the immune system, are anti-infective and anticancer agents.
- The flavonoids in the red wines also have strong antioxidant properties and help in reducing the risk of cancer.
- White wines are more acidic, and so are proven to cause more erosion of the teeth. Red is safer, with less damage to the teeth.
Though white is sweeter, the red one is healthier. With its benefits over the white variety is almost all aspects, it wins over. A word of caution, though wine contains alcohol, which has its own harmful effects on the body. The debate here is only to prove that red wine has more benefits compared to the white variety when consumed in moderate amounts (up to 2 drinks per week). If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
A clean, clear and beautiful complexion is a rare sight today. The reason could be the pollution in the air, the ever increasing consumption of aerated drinks, packed juices and rich creamy coffees instead of cool, clean water and last but not the least is that young people, as well as adults, indulge almost daily in foods rich in fat such as snacks, pastries, chocolates and fast food. There are many who believe that food and pimples or acne have no connection, but we believe that you are what you eat and your skin reflects how much fat is consumed in your daily diet.
In some cases, medicines and external applications may be necessary to treat acne. I, however, believe that to a very large extent it can be checked and controlled by your diet. The facial skin is a mirror or a reflection of what you eat. In other words, you are what you eat. I have personally seen variation in skin connected to diet. One person may be very sensitive to cream in milk and chocolates, another person may break out into pimples soon after they eat deep fried food. You may have a specific problem like this and it is up to you to avoid these items as far as possible. I believe that no matter how wonderful your figure is if you have a pimply complexion, everything is cancelled.
So let's get to work, clean up your menu- cut down drastically on oily food-mums and maids, we need your help! please reduce oil in cooking. Everyone has to eat sabzi or play every day so please make sure they are not floating in oil. Reduce coconut in cooking and avoid coconut chutney as far as possible (prepare roasted channa and greens chutney). Avoid red meats, choose chicken or fish and avoid their gravy. Choose pulkas (dry chapati) and plain rice, avoid poori, paratha, pulao and seasoned rice.
Finally, milk must be thoroughly skimmed of cream or malai. Besides this deep fried snacks, nuts, chocolates, ice cream, rich cookies, cakes, desserts and mithai have to be restricted as much as possible. The secret is to completely avoid these for 2-3 months, till your skin heals and clears up. Thereafter you may eat these foods once or twice in a week. If you go back to eating them daily the pimples will surely come back too. A 15-year-old gorgeous girl came to me recently, her figure was perfect, and her nature adorable but her face was covered with pimples. we eat lunch in a cafe everyday-its coffee and cake, croissants or pies. it's crazy, I exclaimed -that's not a meal! but this is the trend today. Bad news young ladies before prince charming appears we better do some serious cleaning. Cafe's & treat's and treats are o. K. Once or twice a week but not every day and certainly not cake and coffee for lunch. If you have to eat out daily find a place that will give you roti, dal, and salad or idli and sambar, curd rice and sabzi or start carrying food from home.
Besides all the dont's there are some do's. You have to fit in a walk of 20-30 minutes into your daily schedule. Bad skin can be a result of sitting at a desk in a closed office or at a college and at your computer all day. This gives you a very poor circulation so whether thin or fat you have to walk.
Everybody has to drink 8-10 glasses of water every day. You are sitting and sitting, you hardly sweat and never feel thirsty and as a result, young people drink only 2-3 glasses of water per day. This is criminal to your body. It's dehydrated and deadly toxins are piling up inside daily. Bathe your system with plenty of water from inside keeping it fresh and clean and your skin will glow. 2 glasses of warm water first thing in the morning is a tonic for the good skin.
Finally, 2 fresh fruits like an apple and orange and 2 - 3 servings of vegetable- a cooked sabzi for lunch and a huge bowl of fresh salad with lunch and dinner are a must in your daily menu. Look after your body and may your face reflect the glory of your creator god.
I want to loose my weight in 1 month. I tried all the ways all the ways like running, skipping n cycling but not getting good result. Give me any other idea.
I have wheat allergy .how I increase my body weight .i eat regularly eat rice but for 1 year my body weight is 49 it not increasing or decreasing. My TTG level is 146.
My mother is 80 years old, suffering from Type II diabetes and High blood pressure. She is on regular medication for last 20 to 25 yrs. Sugar remains around 110/ 172 and BP around 155/70. Kindly suggest remedy.
I am not able to loss my extra tummy fat even after a exercise and and deit food together I regularly do hard exercise bt stil my tummy fat is not decreasing plss tel me what shld I do?
I am using lasuna for reduce belly still today nothing happened give me best sugition to reduce soon.
I am so fat. And my weight is so high please give me medicine to improve my health my weight is also so high it is 80 kg.
Why do we fail in our attempt to lose weight in spite of putting our best efforts?
- The most important guideline is that we can't get the desired result just by restricting one thing. We need a set pattern of exercise, water and diet, and remember all 3 are equally important. More often than not people do any one or at the most two things well at the same time, when they should be focusing on all three things together. Some people do exercise with great enthusiasm but they are not strict and committed with the water and diet regimen. On the other hand some are able to be so disciplined with their diet but cannot manage to do their exercise on a daily basis or they don’t exercise at all. Most of the people hardly drink 4-5 glasses of water per day. Here's what we need to do on a regular basis
- We need to exercise daily as we eat daily. 4 hours per week is non negotiable.
- We need to drink at least 2.5-3liters water daily.
- We need to avoid fatty foods and eat small frequent meals.
- We must spread the calorie intake through the day. Basically we need to eat well throughout the day and eat less at dinner as we are going to sleep thereafter. All 3 meals should be balanced and in between we must take fruits / nuts / green tea etc.
Even if you are eating only healthy, The equal distribution is very crucial and a light dinner is very important too.
- Calorie in and Calorie out or Energy balance is another important aspect. If you are burning 1000 calories in a day and consuming 1500 calories then your body will add 500 calories to alrady excess fat stored and show an approx gain of 500gms and vice versa. If you follow this energy balance for all the 7 days of the week you would have pulled out or added 3500 calories and accordingly it will show a 500 gm weight loss/gain on your scale.
So on a weight loss journey your mantra should be "WED" i.e. Water , Exercise and Diet!
Stay healthy :)