Submit a review for Mohamed RafiqYour feedback matters!
Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment for Bronchial Asthma
Lupus is an autoimmune system disease in which the body's immune system gets hyperactive and attacks the normal and healthy tissue. It is a chronic illness. Individuals with lupus may encounter episodes of a flare up when symptoms show up, and episodes of remission when the side effects are under control. During a lupus flare up one may experience side effects such as weariness, exhaustion, weight reduction, fever, and iron deficiency. Flares and remissions can happen at any time, all of a sudden.
Some of the cautioning signs of a flare are as follows:
- Weakness and fatigue
- High fever
- Increased pain
- Development of a rash or worsening of one
- Disturbed stomach
- A migraine or wooziness
Some of the ways through which one can reduce lupus flare-ups are as follows
- Figure out how to perceive the signs of a flare up and talk to your specialist regarding them.
- Keep up your physical well-being. Make sure to visit your specialist frequently, regardless of the fact that you are feeling fine. Plan customary dental, eye, and gynecological exams.
- Get enough rest. Be adaptable with your timetable of day-by-day exercises.
- Attempt to limit your anxiety and stress. Since this might be difficult to do now and again, think about creating a method of managing stress. Build up an emotionally supportive network that includes your family, companions, medicinal or nursing experts, group associations, and care groups.
- Participate in an activity or a project to help you keep up physical wellness and decrease stress.
- Have a solid and healthy eating routine.
- Limit your exposure to the sun and different sources of bright light, for example, fluorescent or incandescent lamps.
- Notify your specialist immediately regarding any damage, ailment, or infection in case you do not feel well.
- Delay elective surgery (dental surgery and teeth pulling) until your lupus is under control or going away.
- Lupus may bring about issues for a pregnant woman and her child. Thus, women with lupus need to be careful while planning any pregnancy. Try not to quit using conception prevention until you have talked about the likelihood of pregnancy with your specialist and he or she has verified that you are perfectly healthy to get pregnant.
- Talk to your specialist before you quit taking any recommended medicines.
- Check with your specialist or attendant before taking any over-the-counter prescriptions.
- Be cautious while attempting any over-the-counter medications for your skin or scalp. In case there is any redness, rash, raised areas, itching or irritation, do not use the medicine.
- Know that specific physician recommended medications might trigger a flare. up Likewise, tell your lupus specialist or doctor if any new prescriptions have been recommended for you.
- Make sure to check with your lupus specialist before accepting any vaccination. Routine injections, including those for season's flu virus and pneumonia, are an essential piece of keeping up your well-being, and you need to get them if your specialist confirms. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
Dear doctor, its 20 year old male from west UP suffering from an odd allergies. When I go out of house to a dust place or smell something spicy, I get sneeze and after the first sneeze my nose starts watering followed by lots of sneeze and eventually it results 1 week cold. And this happens once in a month. Thats y im really fed-up! please help.
I can not open mouth fully. Please suggest me. I also used some medicine i.e-lycopene 1500 mg, antioxidant and some other immunity booster medicine.
Before understanding treatment of any of the diseases, it is important to understand the disease. Ayurveda recommends knowledge. For Ayurveda treatment for Asthma, let’s understand the disease first.
- The levels of pollution are increased all around the world. We are breathing “bad” inside. Above this we ourselves inhaling a lot of bad things- do we need to discuss that! This is increasing the problems with the “lung-health”. Asthma was not that common like these days it is. It comes in attacks and leaves the body- drained and drenched, with no power of doing something, weak and febrile.
- It is clear from conventional system of medicines that there is nothing like proper treatment with them. They just have some bronchodilators, which can open the “squeezed” bronchial tree for a while and after that the same tree constrict with more power and leaves the effect of medicines reduced.
- If we talk about lungs, these are spongy structures with a lot of “ducts” inside. These ducts are interconnected with many of the small ducts and then to smaller ones. We inhale air and this air should reach to the last corner of the lungs so that oxygen can be absorbed and carbon-dioxide can be exhaled. This is a process of life. This is the oxygen which gives energy to us, a main fuel for the life. If body doesn’t get this fuel for few minutes the “survival” will be questioned and it becomes an emergency. It is same to strangulation, if somebody is strangulated!
- In asthma, the ducts start constricting and overproduction of the mucus (which is otherwise a healthy thing to moist the air and to avoid the dryness), it starts blocking the passage of air and there is no supply of the oxygen to the body and it is an emergency. We keep it in mind while planning for Ayurveda treatment for Asthma.
Ayurveda About Asthma
Patient starts showing signs of “Air -Hunger” ( Breathing with all efforts, were patient tries to inhale maximum volume of the air) and body starts giving up in this all effort, there will be episodes/attacks of cough and once the phlegm is out then only body starts feeling better.
विदाहिगुरुविष्टम्भिरुक्षभिश्यंदीभोजनै: ! शीतापानाशंस्ननराजोधूमातापनिलै: !!
व्यायामकर्मभाराध्यवेगाघातापतर्णपै: !! हिक्का श्वासश्च कासश्च नराम समुपजायते !!
These are some of the causative factors of the Asthma as per Ayurved. These are translated- taking wrong food stuff, eating so much cold food, carrying heavy weights etc. These all cause Asthma.
Ayurveda treatment for Asthma
When it comes to the treatment it is very well documented by Ayurveda that we should do the treatment in a different pattern, and here it is-
स्नेह बस्तिमृते केचिदूर्ध्व चाधश्च शोधनम ! मृदु प्रणयातं श्रेष्ठम श्वासदिनमादिशन्ति हि !!
So the first thing to do with Asthma is to get rid of the Doshas from both above and below routes (Vamana and Virechana) this is the first line of treatment. Medicines are secondary. So the first and foremost treatment of a patient is to clear all his srotas-channels and to ensure that there are no occlusions in the respiratory tract at all. Once the passage is clear, the next step is to make sure that the production of the toxins will be reduced so that there won’t be any further problems with the body.
At Sukhayu Ayurved while providing Ayurveda treatment for Asthma. We follow this line of treatment from Ayurved as it is. We have some marvelous results in treating the Asthma patients.
Panchakarma is the choice of treatment but in kids of younger age, or elderly patients we go with medicines alone and we believe to follow the text of Ayurveda in that too. All the medicines we use are according to the parameters and orders of Ayurvedic text only.
If Panchakarma will be required for the treatment, you might need to stay with us for 15-20 days otherwise a patient can leave on the same day after taking the medicines. Please make a prior appointment before you schedule to come to us. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
Can we eat non-vegetables and drink alcohol while under treatment for dog bite? Yesterday a dog bit me on my left thumb finger, it's not so deep, just one tooth mark. I took T.T and Rabipur injections, the doctor suggested me for 2 more course of injection. Tomorrow I have a corporate party at my office, my concern is whether I can eat non veg and drink alcohol by tomorrow.
Good morning sir I want be healthy and tight body like gym boy. What will I can for this. And also I want increase my immune system more strong.
Hi Dr. I have last one month one side nose block some time right some time left side three time morning wakeup blood coming nose .I go to ENT Dr. he said dust allergy giving tablet 10 days but no improve ment aft that I take pns x ray x ray report was Nasal septum is in midline bilateral inferior and middle nasal turbinates hypertrophic Bilateral ethmoid sinusitis Please what problems for me.
Hi mam I have last three weeks one side nose block and three days blood coming dry mouth I went to ent Dr. He said dust allergy I take tablet one week no improvement please tell me what can I do next.
Hi, Two month ago Dog licked my leg already small scratches and rabies vaccine started delay 5 days. But complete 5 does. Today fever dog licked leg mild pain, and shortness birth, short vomiting sense any rabies risk?
Hi mam I have last three weeks one side nose block I went to ent Dr. he said dust allergy I take tablet one week no improvement please tell me what can I do next.
Sir what does anti nuclear antibody. Report positive result means. Range -8.060. Tell me it is normal or about worry.
If we are talking health and health concerns, sneezing seems to be inconsequential. However, in reality sneezing is quite discomforting. Occasional sneezing is a natural defense mechanism of your body that helps throw out unwanted elements in the respiratory passage. This cannot be called a disease. A certain kind of sensitivity in the mucous membrane of your nose can make you sneeze repeatedly. Irritability to specific food products or weather conditions can lead to frequent sneezing. Recurrent sneezing is therefore directly linked to various kinds of allergy.
Ayurveda has been known for its efficacy in treating a vast range of diseases. Ayurveda diagnoses an ailment or a disorder in eight ways. This branch of alternative medicine examines the pulse, urine, stool, tongue, vision, speech and the touch of a person. The problem of intermittent sneezing can also be dealt with through the use of Ayurvedic diagnostic procedures and medications.
Haridrakhanda: This powder is recommended by Ayurvedic practitioners to treat sneezing. A spoonful of Haridrakhanda with warm milk or warm water can really make you feel better. The medication should be taken four times a day to achieve desired results.
Shadabindu Taila: Shadabindu taila or anu taila can be inhaled regularly to treat the condition of continuous sneezing.
Agasta Rasayana: People, who easily contract allergies from their surroundings and end up sneezing throughout the day, are also the ones suffering from acute constipation. Two or three spoonfuls of Agasta Rasayana can improve irregular bowel syndrome. It should be mixed with hot milk or water and taken only after dinner. Even if you are sneezing problems have been tackled, you may continue with this to prevent the problem from bothering you again.
Other Ayurvedic tips to cure sneezing are:
Keep away from taking a head bath in cold water. Lukewarm water is best suited for people prone to repetitive sneezing.
Dust, smoke and a rainy, wet weather could aggravate your condition.
Avoid the intake of cold items like ice- cream, iced tea, cold water, banana and curd if you wish to remedy allergies.
Garlic, turmeric and black pepper are also known for their benefits in curing sneezing. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
Asthma is a chronic respiratory condition. In asthma, the airway routes of the lungs get swollen. This causes irritation and gives rise to swelling inside these routes. For some people, a chilly climate comes with its own share of troubles and pain. Individuals who are sensitive to chilly temperatures are significantly influenced by this season. Various climate extremes and changing temperatures affect their health. For those who are hypersensitive to dust, their condition tends to rise during certain weather conditions. Their symptoms include coughing, sniffling, stuffiness and even breathing problems. It is an undeniable issue that can pose serious danger to the person’s health.
Homeopathic solutions for asthma and these allergic conditions are exceptionally powerful and can cure them during any season. Yet, these medicines must necessarily be prescribed by a doctor. Homeopathic drugs are normal prescriptions and work by directing the immune system, which generally tend to be distinctly over-reactive during allergies and asthma. These are as follows:
- Arsenic album: It is one of the best homeopathic medicines for asthma due to anxiety, especially when there is extreme anxiety and uneasiness with cough and wheezing. The person cannot find a comfortable position and continues twisting and turning. The patients experience increased thirst yet only drink a little at once. Breathing becomes more difficult at midnight and resting is troublesome as they cannot inhale and feel choked.
- Ipecac: It is one of the best homeopathic solutions for asthma with nausea. In case of vomiting with asthma attacks, Ipecac is one of the best homeopathic solutions for that. There is steady nausea to such an extent that the person may feel nauseated all the time.
- Antim tart: It is one of the best homeopathic medicines for breathing allergies with coughing. In situations where there is rattling cough as though the chest is filled with mucous, Antim tart is one of the best homeopathic medications for asthma. Even eating activates the cough. There is sluggishness and weakness. It is more suited for old individuals and young kids.
- Nux vomica: It is one of the best homeopathic medicines for breathing problems from gastric aggravation. In situations where the asthmatic attack is activated by gastric aggravation, Nux vomica is one of the best homeopathic solutions. The issue is probably going to be more terrible in the morning. There is a feeling of being full in the stomach alongside asthma. There is dry and continuous coughing.
- Carbo veg: It is one of the best homeopathic medications for asthma with blueness of the face. At the point when the face of the patient gets to be distinctly somewhat blue alongside an asthmatic attack, Carbo veg is one of the best homeopathic medications. There is coldness of the hands and feet. Stomach problems may happen with the respiratory indications. The issue gets worse at night.
These are only indicative medicines, however, one must consult a homeopathic doctor in order to, take the correct medicine.
Asthma is an inflammatory disease, which affects the airways of your lungs (respiratory tract that pumps oxygen into the lungs). It is long term in nature. It is characterized by shortness of breath, coughing and wheezing. It occurs few times a day or few times a week depending on the person it affects. Sometimes it worsens during the night.
What triggers Asthma?
- Airborne particles such as dust mites, mold spores, pollen and cockroach waste.
- Infections in the respiratory system such as common cold.
- Cold air can also trigger asthma.
- Physical or outdoor activities which make you pant such as running, skipping, jogging and jumping can cause shortness of breath, thus triggering asthma.
- Pollutants and irritants in air such as smoke.
- Some medications can also trigger asthma.
- Stress and nervous attacks (panic attacks) also trigger asthma.
How to manage asthma better by changing your lifestyle:
- Try to avoid keeping animals in your house such as dogs, cats and rabbits. Many times animal fur, waste, urine and saliva contains particles which can cause allergic reactions and make you cough uncontrollably. This in turn triggers asthma attacks. If you have pets try keeping them away from your bedroom.
- Dust mites also cause allergies which trigger asthma. So wash your carpets, rugs, bed-linen and pillowcases in hot water.
- Bugs and insects such as cockroaches are not only unhygienic, but can also trigger asthma. Cockroach droppings near your bed, kitchen and food are dangerous and you should call an exterminator to get rid of these bugs.
- Sometimes, heavy fragrance also aggravates your respiratory tract and triggers shortness of breath. Avoid using heavy perfumes, deodorants and room fresheners.
- Pollution also triggers asthma. Dust particles come out from the vehicles and mix with the air. If this air is inhaled, it might trigger uncontrollable asthma. So try to cover your mouth with a cloth when you step out of your house.
Asthma can be very severe and can bring many hurdles in your day to day activities. Changing your lifestyle and certain habits can reduce asthma to a great extent. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pulmonologist.
Asthma is a chronic respiratory disorder. In asthma, the airways of the lungs get inflamed. Due to this inflammation, there is swelling inside the airways. This also causes excess production of mucous. The combined effect of swelling and mucus production is that the passage of air gets obstructed. This makes breathing difficult. A whistling sound or wheezing is often heard in such patients. Often the patient gets cough due to this obstruction of the airways. This cough is a reflex of the body to get rid of the excess mucous in the airways. A sense of tightness or heaviness is felt in the chest. One cannot expand the chest fully while inhaling. This is a medical condition characterized by paroxysmal wheezing respiration dyspnoea.
Signs And Symptoms
- Recurrent episode of paroxysmal dyspnoea (difficulty in breathing).
- The breathing is laboured, with a wheezing sound, mainly on expiration.
- Asthma attacks often occur in the early hours of morning (when there is no immediate precipitating cause). During the attack patients often prefers to sit then lie down.
Homeopathy for Asthma-
When it comes to the treatment of Asthma, Homeopathy is much better at treating asthma. It is in stark contrast to allopathy, where inhalers and steroids are used to suppress inflammation. Homeopathic medicines do not aim at just reducing inflammation. They also intend to cure the basic cause of the recurrent inflammation. This way, not only the symptoms of asthma are treated but the incidence of asthmatic attacks is completely eliminated. With a couple of months of Homeopathic treatment, you will be able to live a disease-free and medicine-free life. It is worthwhile to mention here that all Homeopathic remedies are natural and do not contain any chemicals. That is why these purely natural homeopathic remedies do not have any side effects at all. Here is a list of the top homeopathic medicines for asthma, along with the symptoms when they are used-
Ipecac: Ipecac is used in treating asthma, where the patient experiences symptoms like heaviness and tension around the chest area. Sudden wheezing, suffocation is experienced followed by other symptoms like motions, vomiting and gagging. Cough remains constant, and the chest gets filled up with phlegm. Cold and perspiration is also likely to be experienced. A patient may feel as if a lump is present in the chest. Increased salivation is also indicated.
Arsenicum: Arsenicum is an efficient homeopathic medicine, which treats asthma attacks, which take place after midnight. The patient is anxious, restless, and cannot sleep because of the fear of being suffocated. In such cases, the patient dozes off a bit, and wakes up with great burning sensation and sore feeling in the chest. Arsenicum is prescribed during chronic stages of asthma, usually in elderly people.
Nux Vomica: Nux Vomica is used when asthma attacks occur due to gastric disorders and during simple spasmodic asthmas. People who consume an excess of caffeine or alcohol are more likely to experience such attacks. A constricting feeling in the lower chest region may be experienced. These attacks commonly occur during the morning.
Kali Bichromicum: This homeopathic medicine is used is asthmatic patients where the asthma attacks occur because of potashes. The attacks generally occur between three to four a.m. in the morning. The patient gets compelled to rise from sleep and sit up in order to breathe. A stringy yellow mucus may be produced, and the patient feels a lack of air in his chest.
Natrum Sulphuricum: This is another effective medicine for treating asthma. The symptoms of asthma treated with this medicine get worse in damp weather. Most asthma attacks occur with a rattling sensation being felt in the chest. Bowel movement may become loose after this type of asthma attack. Alcohol and aerated drinks make the symptoms even worse. Such attacks are common in the morning with the production of a green mucus.
Homeopathy has no side effects and treats the underlying cause of asthma. You should consult a homeopathic practitioner before starting homeopathic treatment for asthma.