Submit a review for MEDITECH DIAGNOSTIC LABORATORYYour feedback matters!
I was not feeling good for some day body ache was there do went for a blood test and found that my eosinophil was at 09 that is high. Normal range is 1 to 04. So now what I should do. What is the treatment. K am from bombay. I had not taken any medicine till now.
I am suffering from body pain from 14 day and leave infarction which thing I eat as food and which medicine help in body pain.
When a child falls down and starts crying, the first thing a mother does is to pick up her child and console him/her and rub where you are hurt. Even when we grow older, our natural instinct when we bang into something is to rub the affected part. Even with modern medicines, the healing power of touch has made massages a popular type of alternative medication for aches and pains.
A massage helps relieve pain in a number of ways.
- First, it relaxes the body and mind and keeps the mind from thinking about the pain.
- Second, a massage warms the body and increases blood flow. This is very beneficial in cases of pain caused by sore muscles and stiff joints.
- Third, studies have also suggested that a massage can promote the release of opioids or natural painkillers in the brain. This hormone relaxes the body and encourages feelings of contentment.
A massage also reduces cellular stress and boosts mitochondrial biogenesis. This helps speed up the healing process of cellular injuries and gives energy to the cells. Many pregnant women also find a massage very helpful in dealing with labour pains. Other benefits of a massage include reducing anxiety, exercising muscles, enhancing immunity and easing a person’s dependence on medications.
There are many types of massages, but there is no clear evidence that makes one type of massage more beneficial than the others. While some people prefer a Swedish massage that involves kneading the skin, others prefer a deep massage or pressure point massages. Some of the common types of body pain that can benefit from a massage include headaches, lower back pain, arthritic knee pain, neck pain and fibromyalgia. A massage is also said to be helpful in reducing pain triggered by cancer and cancer treatment.
As compared to painkillers, a massage is typically considered safe as long as you are being massaged by a trained professional. In the wrong hands, a massage can, in fact, worsen pain. For slight, occasional pains, a massage is great, but when it comes to more chronic pains, it is best to consult a doctor before getting a massage. This is because the pain may be a symptom of a larger problem. Other instances when you should not get a massage include in cases of a fracture, deep vein thrombosis, burns or open wounds, severe osteoporosis or thrombocytopenia or if you suffer from a bleeding disorder.
I feel weakness and pain in my left side neck, solder,feet and knee down side my ear. If any solution then pleas took me.
During my Gym workout after performing deadlifts I moved to Rowing and suddenly heard a snap in my left bicep and felt some internal bleeding and it started to swell. After 2 days the swelling is still there I am able to use my left hand bit feel some pain during movement What treatment can be done Can I start Gym again.
I am getting severe inflammation at my right SI Joint, amd my age is 27y only ESR Test shows its value high i.e 17 report of x-ray is normal RA Factor also normal Please tell me what disease it may be.
I am walking 50 km per day in Rajasthan without shoes or slippers and having lot of pain I am unable to walk I am on way to walk for 610 km kindly help me with remedy.
I am suffering from body pain all time, most in my both thai. What is the reason behind it. It happens from 7-8 days.
Lower abdomen pain can originate from a range of medical issues. In some cases, the pain disappears just like the way it came, in some cases, it takes longer medical treatment to cure the pain. Once the origin and the root cause of the pain are diagnosed, there are plenty of medical options to cure the pain. In this piece, we will briefly touch upon the causes of lower abdomen pain:
- Appendicitis: This is one of the most common causes of lower abdomen pain. It typically originates from the right side of the stomach and soon diverges into the other side as well. The pain can become unbearable in a matter of hours.
- Pelvic inflammatory disease: This is an infection that is caused in the reproductive system of a woman. This is often characterized by vaginal discharge, fever, weakness, intercourse related pain and pain in the lower abdomen.
- Miscarriage: In case there is a loss of fetus on or before the twentieth week, the mishap is termed as miscarriage. It results in acute pain in the lower abdomen pain, vaginal bleeding, back pain, fluid expulsion from the vagina etc.
- Fibroids: This is a growth in the uterus that is often non-cancerous and is commonly characterized by symptoms such as heavy periods, constipation, pain in the legs and back area, pain in the lower abdomen area, frequent urination etc.
- Cancer: A cancerous growth in the lower abdomen area can lead to very sharp pain in the back and surrounding area. The pain is dull in nature and slowly spreads to other areas in a short interval of time.
- Cholecystitis: This is a disorder that results in swelling of the gallbladder area. It results in a sharp pain in the lower abdomen area. A doctor needs to be immediately consulted if a person is suffering from this disease.
- Intestinal obstruction: When the lower bowl gets blocked due to the contents of the lower intestine, a person can feel a sharp pain in the lower abdomen area.
- Salpingitis: When a woman faces stiff pain in the lower abdomen area due to an inflammation of the fallopian tube, Salpingitis is the culprit behind it. This is a sexual disease and needs a doctor’s consultation to get rid of it.
- PMS: A woman can face throbbing pain in the lower abdomen area during her monthly periods. Other symptoms include cramps, weakness, fatigue etc.
- Endometriosis: When there is an extension of the uterus tissue just outside the wall of the uterus, it leads to symptoms such as lower abdomen pain, cramps etc.
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome: This is a disorder of the hormone and can lead to symptoms such as heavy periods, a growth of facial hair accompanied with sharp pain the lower abdomen area.
There are many structures in the lumbar spine that can cause pain. Any kind of trouble to the nerves and veins that goes through the spine, joint issues, the disks themselves, the bones and the muscles - would all be able to act as a cause behind the pain.
Numerous lumbar spine conditions are interrelated. For instance, an unstable joint can lead to disk degeneration, which can put weight on the nerve roots and cause the disk to collapse at times. The following are the main reasons behind the lumbar disk pain:
- Problems in the muscles: The biggest reason behind lumbar disk pain is muscle strain or other muscle issues. Strain because of truly difficult work, twisting, or different activities that can put pressure on your spine like heavy lifting, cause the disk to rupture or slip at times.
- Disk degeneration: Intervertebral disks are pads that are spongy and act as shock absorbers. This can cause pain in your disk. This condition can be referred to with many names, however, is famously known as degenerative disk disease.
- Lumbar Disk Herniation: Herniated disks are most common reasons behind the lumbar disk pain. A herniated disk may be caused all of a sudden because of damage to the spine or truly difficult work or happen gradually as a form of general wear and tear in the spine. Leg pain (sciatica) is the most widely recognized symptom of a herniated disk.
- Sacroiliac Joint Dysfunction: The sacroiliac joint, which attaches to the base of the lumbar spine and the tip of the tailbone, can cause lumbar disk pain or even sciatic pain if there is any kind of fracture in the joint that allows for movement or rather, limits any particular movement.
- Spondylolisthesis: Spondylolisthesis happens when one vertebra slips behind the other or underneath it. The slip most normally happens in the lower lumbar vertebrae (e.g. L4 –L5 or L5 – S1). In case that the slipped vertebra presses the nerve root at that point, it can bring about shooting leg pain and gradually foot pain as well.
There are certain ways in which this problem can be treated to a certain extent. These methods are as follows:
- Common medications: Muscle relaxants. This solution works as an anti-depressant of the nervous system and expands as well as relaxes the tense muscles, easing pain from muscle stiffness or fits
- Back supports: A few patients find that a back support can be used to bring comfort and gradually diminish the pain. There is some proof that using a brace every day, can speed up the healing process and lessen the pain. A back support may likewise be useful after back surgery.
- Back Braces: Epidural steroid infusion. This infusion includes a steroid inserted specifically into the external piece of the dural sac, which surrounds the spinal chord. An x-ray, called fluoroscopy, is utilized to control the needle in the right area. The objective of the infusion is to soothe the pain by decreasing irritation around a compressed nerve root. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.
Doctor I had body pain while wake up. I am just 23 year old. I feel sleepy during day. I can not have confidence to join any job. Any instant solution. Please suggest me.
In Ayurveda, vata is considered to be extremely important. It regulates the movements of your body and mind. In the body, large intestine is considered to be the main site of vata as well as in the bone tissue. Therefore, medications which are administered through the rectum affect the bone tissue. Vata maintains and regulates our daily activities, nervous system as well as our excretion. An enthusiastic and a lively mind are all manifestations of a balance of Vata.
Subsequently, its imbalance is considered as detrimental to health. Basti therapy is a treatment that manages the pain and treats the diseases arising from this imbalance. In this, a liquid concoction of sesame oil and other herbs are inserted through the rectum, which in turn treats various ailments arising from the imbalance of vata, such as pain in the joints, in the spine and back as well as painful menstruations.
Before Basti therapy, Abhyangam and Sedanam are practiced. Enema can be assumed, but Basti has power to detox and nourish as well. Yoga Basti for is done for 8 days, Karma Basti for 1 day and Kala Basti for 30 days, or according to the health issues and affected system, in order to drain doshas and nourish dhatus.
There are primarily three types of Basti therapy:
- Uttar Basti
All three of them, individually treat various ailments, some of them are:
- Stiffness in the back and pain in the spine: In this method, pain in the spine and vertebral column are managed and treated. It involves pouring warm, herbal oil on the spinal cord, which is retained by small wells created from flour or gram paste. This method is particularly beneficial for treating back problems. This method nourishes the liquid in the joints that consequently relieves you of the pain.
- Bell's palsy: Bell's palsy is a disease where the muscles on the face become weak or you suffer from a facial paralysis. Basti therapy has proved to be particularly beneficial in treating it. In this, a medicated oil is placed on the head for a specific period of time which helps in treating Bell's palsy as well as any numbness on the face.
- Painful menstruation: Though menstruation is a natural process, most women suffer from extremely painful cramps during this time. Anuvasana therapy is extremely useful in lessening this pain. In this various oils and decoction enema is provided to patients, the consumption of which have resulted in significant improvements. Painful menstruation cramps are also treated by Uttar Basti where medicines are provided through the uterus. This method helps in cleaning the blockages in the uterus as well as providing nourishment to it.
Ailments that accompany monsoon: Though monsoon provides relief from the scorching summer, but at the same time it is accompanied by a host of diseases. With the onset of monsoon and the fall in temperature, there is a tendency for acidity and the vata that was accumulated in summer manifests itself in loss of appetite, indigestion and piles. Basti therapy operates as a corrective for the vata imbalance and treats various digestion related problems. At the same time it also prevents return of the ailments. The oils and decoction used rejuvenates the body and as well as help in regulating the metabolism.
I have been experiencing dull pain on left side of my back and around shoulder from 5 yrs, the pain get more when I take deep breath and it feel like something or some muscle inside is squeezing. I have visited all sort of doctors but all they give is pantoprazole any say its gas and all. Recently I got a full body checkup and have high level of sgot, sgpt, cholesterol. What could be the reason for this problem, kindly help as I am worried.
Ice packs and heating pads are the way to go when in pain. Treating pain with hot and cold therapy can be very effective for several conditions or injuries and easily affordable as well. However, the tricky part can be deciding when to apply hot and when to apply cold. At times, the therapy can include both the types.
As a general rule of thumb, ice is used for acute injuries or pain with characteristics of swelling or inflammation and heat is used for easing muscle pain or stiffness. Ultimately, both the therapies work well for treating pain.
How does heat and cold therapy relieve pain?
Both the therapies stimulate the body’s healing response. Heat therapy dilates the blood vessels, promotes blood circulation and alleviates muscle spasms. Additionally, it also alters the sensation of pain. Heat therapy employs heating pads or heating lamps for direct application of heat and also moist heat like warm baths, heated wash cloths or heated pads.
On the other hand, cold therapy constricts the blood vessels, reduces swelling and numbs any deep pain. At first, applying ice may be uncomfortable, but it helps by soothing acute pain. Cold therapy employs ice packs, coolant sprays, ice bath and also cryo-stretching, which uses cold to reduce muscle spasms during stretching.
- Using heat and ice. Whether you are using a hot pack or a cold therapy, ensure you apply the right temperature.
- When applying heat, it should not be too hot or it may lead to burns or scalds. The skin must be checked at regular intervals. Heat should not be applied to a new injury as it can increase bleeding around the injured area and make it worse. Heat is helpful for the following problems:
- Ice has been used for a long time to treat soft tissue injuries, where there is swelling. It is used to manage pain in the short term and can also be used on a long term basis to treat pain. Cold therapy is helpful in the following ways:
- Precautions when using ice and heat
Shoulder pain while lifting overhead objects might be a result of strenuous activity involving tendons impinging bones of the shoulder. Impingement syndrome is also called swimmer’s syndrome.
What causes it?
It is caused by activities involving tendons and bones of the shoulder, for example strenuous activities, such as swimming, tennis and gym activities involving muscles of the shoulder. Even reaching for overhead objects and painting might aggravate impingement syndrome. If not treated at the right time, the syndrome might become extremely painful as the tendons begin to tear.
General pain in the shoulder is one of the most common symptoms, especially while reaching for overhead objects or using shoulder and arm muscles in general. If it occurs for a prolonged period of time, then it might actually lead to a tendon tearing and leading to a rotator cuff tear. This would overtime lead to decreased ability to use the arm muscles and the bicep muscles might tear as a result of prolonged negligence, despite swimmers syndrome. A doctor would recommend a physical exam and x-ray to rule out possibilities for bone abnormalities and arthritis.
How to prevent and treat it?
Those who have extreme shoulder pain and have been diagnosed with swimmer’s shoulder are referred to a physiotherapist with whom, regular sessions help restore mobility of the affected areas. The physiotherapist recommends the patient numerous stretching exercises to practise, preferably under a hot shower. In addition to physiotherapy, a doctor will prescribe powerful painkillers which have to be administered orally on a regular basis.
These oral painkillers have to be taken under the guidance and prescription of a doctor as they will have a host of side effects such as acidity and should be taken post meals. In case of ineffectiveness of orally administered painkillers, cortisone based injections might be given, but it is a double-edged sword as the effectiveness of these injections decrease over time and it might make the muscles and tendons weak. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.
Hi from last 2 days I have continuous headache, feeling uneasiness, with body pain not able to focus on work. Apart from that have the acidity problem and get the boil near anus once in two months. And also feeling of having the short breath problem. Is this due to continuous travel and climate change. Habit of smoking no drinks and purely Vegetarian is the diet.
I have a tmj problem. Past 4 months I have a pain in my under chin and under tongue. Under my tongue touch my under chin was pain. I use antibiotics but no results. Is there any problem for me. please help me.
Once feared to be highly contagious and fatal, leprosy is today a disease that can be treated and even cured. Leprosy or Hansen’s disease is a bacterial infection caused by the bacterium Mycobacterium leprae and affects the peripheral nervous system and skin. Leprosy has been categorized into two types – tuberculoid and lepromatous – with the latter being more severe. Both these categories have been further subdivided into more categories. Skin lesions are the most prominent symptom of leprosy. If left untreated, leprosy can cause permanent damage to the skin, nervous system, limbs and eyes.
An early diagnosis of this disease makes treatment easier. Apart from antibiotics, homeopathic medicines are also effective when it comes to treating leprosy. Homeopathy is a holistic form of treatment that addresses not only the symptoms of the disease, but also the root cause of the infection. One of the biggest advantages of homeopathy is that it has negligible side effects. When it comes to leprosy, homeopathy can be used to reduce inflammation and pain, drain sores and promote suppuration. It can also strengthen the immune system to prevent recurrent sores and boils. Some of the homeopathic remedies that may be helpful are:
Sulphur: If the patient has a tendency to suffer from eruptions, curvature of the spine, wrinkled and flabby skin and has a voracious appetite triggered by diseased glands, sulphur is effective. The symptoms may also be aggravated by washing and the affected area may itch more on scratching. There is a tendency for the folds of the skin to be sore.
Graphites: If the patient has swollen lymph glands, mesenteric glands and prominent skin sores, this medicine is useful. It also treats moist eruptions that bleed or ooze tenacious discharge before turning into scabs on the scalp, face, joints and in the folds of the skin. The patient may experience an absence of sweat and hair fall.
Calcarea Carbonica and Silicea: The combination of these two medicines help in treating a patient who suffers from a swollen abdomen and has open fontanelles. Excessive sweating is another symptom treated by Calcarea carbonica and Silicea.
Rhus Toxicodendron: This is prescribed in cases where the patient has reddish skin that is covered with vesicles and suffers from intense itchiness.
Cantharis: It is used when the patient has large blisters on the skin accompanied by intense burning. The blisters may look like typical burn blisters.
Croton Tiglium: It is used to treat small blisters that itch terribly and form pustules that dry into yellowish scabs.
Although homeopathy is considered safe and free from side effects, it should not be used to self-medicate.