Doctors in Mallya Hospital
Treatment Of Acne/Pimples
Treatment of Headaches
Treatment of Hair Fall
Treatment of Hair Loss
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Female Hair Loss
Treatment of Dandruff
Treatment of Greying Hair
Treatment of Black Spots on Skin
Treatment of Hair Growth
Skin Whitening Procedures
Treatment Of Acne Scars
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Treatment of Oily Skin
Treatment of Rashes
Glowing Skin Procedures
Management of Dark Skin
Hair Health Treatment Procedures
Treatment & Management of Stress
Submit a review for Mallya HospitalYour feedback matters!
There are many structures in the lumbar spine that can cause pain. Any kind of trouble to the nerves and veins that goes through the spine, joint issues, the disks themselves, the bones and the muscles - would all be able to act as a cause behind the pain.
Numerous lumbar spine conditions are interrelated. For instance, an unstable joint can lead to disk degeneration, which can put weight on the nerve roots and cause the disk to collapse at times. The following are the main reasons behind the lumbar disk pain:
- Problems in the muscles: The biggest reason behind lumbar disk pain is muscle strain or other muscle issues. Strain because of truly difficult work, twisting, or different activities that can put pressure on your spine like heavy lifting, cause the disk to rupture or slip at times.
- Disk degeneration: Intervertebral disks are pads that are spongy and act as shock absorbers. This can cause pain in your disk. This condition can be referred to with many names, however, is famously known as degenerative disk disease.
- Lumbar Disk Herniation: Herniated disks are most common reasons behind the lumbar disk pain. A herniated disk may be caused all of a sudden because of damage to the spine or truly difficult work or happen gradually as a form of general wear and tear in the spine. Leg pain (sciatica) is the most widely recognized symptom of a herniated disk.
- Sacroiliac Joint Dysfunction: The sacroiliac joint, which attaches to the base of the lumbar spine and the tip of the tailbone, can cause lumbar disk pain or even sciatic pain if there is any kind of fracture in the joint that allows for movement or rather, limits any particular movement.
- Spondylolisthesis: Spondylolisthesis happens when one vertebra slips behind the other or underneath it. The slip most normally happens in the lower lumbar vertebrae (e.g. L4 –L5 or L5 – S1). In case that the slipped vertebra presses the nerve root at that point, it can bring about shooting leg pain and gradually foot pain as well.
There are certain ways in which this problem can be treated to a certain extent. These methods are as follows:
- Common medications: Muscle relaxants. This solution works as an anti-depressant of the nervous system and expands as well as relaxes the tense muscles, easing pain from muscle stiffness or fits
- Back supports: A few patients find that a back support can be used to bring comfort and gradually diminish the pain. There is some proof that using a brace every day, can speed up the healing process and lessen the pain. A back support may likewise be useful after back surgery.
- Back Braces: Epidural steroid infusion. This infusion includes a steroid inserted specifically into the external piece of the dural sac, which surrounds the spinal chord. An x-ray, called fluoroscopy, is utilized to control the needle in the right area. The objective of the infusion is to soothe the pain by decreasing irritation around a compressed nerve root.
We all would have noticed that with age, hair growth along the earlobe crease is not something abnormal. We all have seen people who develop these as a part of ageing. There was nothing unusual about it at all. However, what is unusual is that science has found a very interesting correlation between heart attacks and hair on the ears.
Yes, it does sound very unusual, but there have been studies conducted which say that hair growth on the ears could be one of the first warning signs of the onset of coronary artery disease.
What is coronary artery disease?
The heart is a pump that sends out and receives blood from the rest of the body through a channel of highly interconnected blood vessels. The ones which carry pure blood to the rest of the body are known as arteries and the ones which collect impure blood and bring it to the heart are known as veins. Due to changing food patterns and sedentary lifestyle, there is a lot more fat in the body, which also travels through the blood. Due to their heavier nature, they settle along the walls of the blood vessels, thereby narrowing the blood vessel thickness and reducing the blood flow to the various organs. This is the onset of coronary artery disease.
Early Indicators of coronary artery disease:
- Hair loss (often premature, either in the temple region or the crown)
- Fatty deposits on the eyelids
- Earlobe crease i.e people with diagonal earlobes are more likely to develop heart disease
- Hair in the ears
The last two are interrelated, as hair growth in the ears is more common in people with diagonal ear lobes.
The next correlation is between testosterone and hair growth in the ears.
People with more testosterone in their bodies are more likely to develop body hair, including in the ears. Scientifically, it has been established that people with greater amounts of testosterone are more likely to develop heart disease. Interestingly, the correlation is stronger in younger age groups.
Another interesting fact is that though coronary artery disease is linked to the presence of ear hair in both men and women. However, sudden cardiac death was more common in men than in women. Both these had hair growth, though.
There is another group which dismisses this theory saying that with age, both hair growth and coronary artery disease are likely to develop, and there is no significant correlation between the two. However, if taken as an early warning sign, ear hair growth can definitely guide in taking preventive measures, which can help control the problem in its early stage, which is definitely welcome to improve the overall quality of life!
The sound of the word cancer can be really traumatic and the fact the one may most of the time be unaware of this condition can be hard to handle. The same is the situation in the case of lung cancer as it does not produce any remarkable signs and symptoms in its early stages. However, there are ways in which you can be aware of this life-threatening ailment. Here are some tell-tale signs of an early stage of lung cancer:
A stubborn cough:
Beware when a cough is lingering on for long with no sign of relief. When a cough is related to cold and respiratory infection, it will subside within a week or so. But in case the cough is persistent, it can be a symptom of lung cancer. You should never dismiss a stubborn cough regardless of whether it is dry or producing mucus. You should talk to a doctor right away as he can check the lungs and may order for other tests to determine whether you have cancer.
Becoming easily winded or shortness of breath is considered the most prominent symptoms of lung cancers. This may occur when cancer blocks or inhibit the airway or when the fluid from the tumor starts building up in the chest. If you find that it is becoming difficult for you to breathe in doing tasks that you found easy before, you should not ignore it.
When the airways become inflamed, blocked or constricted, then the lungs would produce a wheezing and whistling sound while breathing. It can be associated with a host of other causes that are easily treatable but could also be due to lung cancer.
Even though headaches are considered one of the most common health problems, if there is a persistent headache, then it could be a sign that lung cancer has spread to the brain. It is important to understand that all headaches are not associated with the brain metastases. There are times when the lung cancer creates pressure on the superior vena cava which is in charge of supplying blood to the upper part of the brain. This pressure can also lead to headaches.
Pain in the bone:
If the lung cancer has spread to the other parts of the body, then it may produce mild pain in the back and other parts of the body. It tends to become worse during the night when you are resting on your back. But it can be difficult for a commoner to differentiate between muscle and bone pain. In case you are suffering from bone pain, you will see that it is becoming worse with movement. Moreover, lung cancer is also associated with pain in the shoulder, neck, and arm even though it is very rare. You should be very attentive to the pain and aches in the body and consult with an expert at the earliest.
You can easily combat lung cancer if diagnosed and treatment is started in its early stages.
With an upsurge in the technology, it has touched almost all aspects of our lives including our relationships. Today, technology has changed the way we interact with each other, no doubt it also helps us by removing the geographical boundries and help us stay close to our loved ones, at least virtually if not physically. One such act of virtual closeness is sexting.
What is sexting?
Sexting is a mix of ‘sex’ and ‘texting’, that is when you are sending and receiving texts, images and videos, which are explicit in nature. This may include the following:
- Nude pictures
- Sexual pictures
- Explicit texts and images
Sexting can be exchanged if you share the following kinds of relationship:
- Between two partners in love with each other
- Between partners who are not in relationship
- Between two person where one of them hopes to be in a relationship
What are the reasons for stexting?
There are various reasons why you might want to sext. Such as:
- Anxiety about being portrayed as a shy, rigid and not sexy person
- A constant feeling to showcase one’s sexuality
- Wanting someone’s acceptance
- Being in a romantic and faithful relationship
- Being in a long distance relationship and wanting to have sexual relationship
- Pride in one’s body and wanting to show it off
Why sexting is good for you?
Most of us has done or have had the thought of sending kinky dirty texts or images to his/her partner. These steamy texts and images have proved to improve relationship and increase sexual satisfaction. Now over 80% people are of the opinion that one of the ways to bring about a spark in a relationship is through sexting. While other ways might be scarier, sexting is a much safer way to get indulged for some sexual pleasure if the contents are not shared on social media sites and kept only with the significant other. However, trust is essential while sexting. You obviously do not want to get engaged in sexting with a person you have talked or met once or twice where there is hardly any element of trust. Generally, if two people are sexting with each other, it is implied they share a particular amount of trust.
What are the risks involved in sexting?
While sexting is a good idea to spice things up, it can also be dangerous and can pose some serious consequences. Once the images, texts or videos get into wrong hands, it can take a serious toll on your health, mentally and physically. Few people might only engage in it for bullying others. Sexting can collide with reputation of a person and not just socially, but digitally as well. Sexting can also lead you behind the bars so extreme caution is recommended.
A Jet Airways aircraft Boeing 737, travelling from Mumbai to Jaipur with 166 passengers on board, had to return to the airport as the crew forgot to turn on the cabin pressurisation system which maintains air pressure inside an aircraft to a comfortable level.
The mistake led to several passengers suffering from nosebleed, bleeding from ear and severe headache. Some of the passengers were even admitted to the hospital with these complaints.
What does Air Pressure mean?
Air pressure, also known as Barometric pressure or atmospheric pressure, is the weight of the atmosphere pressing down on earth. It is measured by a barometer in units called millibars. The standard or average atmospheric pressure at sea level on the earth is 1013.25 millibars per square inch, which is about 14.7 pounds.
What are the causes of Air Pressure?
Air pressure is caused due to air molecules present in the atmosphere. The higher the altitude, the lower is the air pressure, which makes it tough for humans to survive without proper equipment.
The aircrafts use cabin pressure by pumping in ‘bleed air’ to maintain barometric pressure. This pressurisation becomes highly necessary when the aircraft touches altitude above 10,000 feet (3,000 meters) from sea level.
What health issues do low Air Pressure cause?
Low air pressure can cause mild as well as death threatening conditions which include:
Blood pressure: As the air pressure reduces, the blood pressure also starts falling. It can be observed if you are feeling dizziness or a blurred vision.
Severe headache: Change in barometric pressure can lead to severe headache or migraines by creating a pressure difference between the atmosphere and air-filled sinuses.
Joint pain: As per a study, the change in barometric pressure increases the severity of joint pain and arthritis.
Blood sugar: Change in air pressure bring cold fronts , which is not good for a diabetic person.
Hypoxia: The lower oxygen pressure reduces the oxygen tension in the lungs, subsequently in the brain. This can lead to dimmed vision, sluggish thinking, loss of consciousness and eventually death.
Altitude sickness: In the most common response to hypoxia, the human body starts hyperventilation. It does help in partially restoring oxygen in the blood but it also leads to carbon dioxide to out-gas which increases the blood pH level. In this condition, people may suffer fatigue, nausea, headache, sleeplessness and even pulmonary oedema.
Decompression sickness: It leads to tiredness, forgetfulness, headache, stroke, thrombosis and subcutaneous itching.
Barotrauma: As the aircraft climbs or descends, passengers may face discomfort or acute pain as gases trapped inside their bodies try to expand. The most common problems faced due to this situation include air trapped in the middle ear or paranasal sinuses by a blocked Eustachian tube. It can also cause pain in gastrointestinal tract or even the teeth.
What emergency steps should be taken in situation of low air pressure?
The effects of low air pressure may vary from person to person. Some people do not feel any health problems even while being at an altitude as high as 8,000 feet while some would start feeling restless from 5,000 feet onwards.
There may be many precautions including carrying an oxygen cylinder always while travelling to the high altitude places. In aircrafts, oxygen masks are provided to each passenger but if you are planning to go on a trek, you must know some important aspects of surviving at high altitude places. Have a look:
- Avoid smoking and alcohol consumption
- Avoid switching on the heater
- Take proper sleep at night with a pillow under your head
- Keep yourself hydrated and do not over-hydrate
- Do not overeat
- Never exert yourself
Emergency tips to keep yourself safe at high altitude places:
- Ginger or ginger water
- Lavender oil
These things can help you keep your mind and body fit even at the reasonably high altitude places.
Are you tired of those acne and pimple marks which keep popping up on your face and do not let you boast of that flawless skin? Acne and acne marks are both very irritating as these hide the beauty of your skin. But there are many methods in which you can use to remove your acne and pimple marks without much ado. While many ointments and chemicals are available in the market, at times simple home remedies are also equally effective. Here are ten effective ways to remove your acne marks.
Aloe Vera Gel: Fresh Aloe Vera gel helps the affected region to cool down and the marks to fade in no time. Apply aloe Vera gel every day and leave it overnight for best results. These are available in pharmacies and chemists but it is best to get fresh and organic ones to apply onto your skin.
Baking Soda: Baking soda exfoliates and cleanses the skin. Apart from its various uses in cooking, baking soda also helps in removing scar marks naturally.
Coconut Oil: Coconut oil can be applied directly in the affected region. It acts as a natural cleanser due to the various vitamins present in it. However, in case you find the oil too heavy for your skin, you can wash it away after keeping it for thirty minutes. Else, it can be worn as the skin absorbs it naturally.
Cucumber: There is a reason cucumber is used in facials all over the world. Apart from hydrating the skin, it also makes sure that the vitamins are absorbed by the skin to keep it fresh, moist and healthy. You can cut cucumber chunks and leave them on the affected area for sometime and rinse your face with cold water.
Honey: Honey might be a bit sticky on your skin but it gives best results when applied daily on the acne scars. However, you must use organic and fresh honey and not the processed one available in supermarkets.
Lemon Juice: Lemon juice can be applied once or twice a day for as long it takes to heal the scar marks.
Potato Juice: Potato juice is a natural healer. Cut a few chunks and press them against the infected area for thirty minutes everyday. You would be scarless in no time.
Vitamin E Capsules: Vitamin E capsules can be punctured and the oil directly used against the acne scars.
Rosehip Seed Oil: Rosehip Seed Oil is readily available in the market and helps to heal your skin fast.
The bladder is a muscular sac that is seated just above the pubic bone. The organ stores urine produced by the kidneys allows us the control the frequency of urination by the expansion and contraction of its muscles.
Pain in the bladder is usually caused due to one of three reasons:
- Interstitial cystitis: This is a chronic condition which affects more women than men. It makes the bladder inflamed and irritated. The bladder walls turn stiff because of this which makes it difficult for the bladder to expand. Interstitial cystitis may be caused by a defect in the lining of the bladder.
- Urinary tract infection: Urinary tract infections can affect a person at any age and may develop in the ureter, urethra, bladder or kidneys. However, it is most commonly seen in the bladder. This infection is caused by bacteria that enter the body through the urinary tract.
- Bladder cancer: Cancer that develops in the bladder is known as bladder cancer. Transitional cell carcinoma is the most common type of bladder cancer cell. This begins in the innermost layer of the bladder lining. Pain during urination and discomfort in the lower pelvic region are common symptoms of this disease. Once the cause is diagnosed, antibiotic medication can help treat bladder pain.
Along with that, there are a few things you could do at home as well-
- Drink plenty of fluids: Ideally, we should drink 8-10 glasses of water a day. Water keeps the body hydrated and helps flush toxins from the body. It also helps dilute the urine. This can make urination less painful as concentrated urine may be acidic and difficult to pass. Water also helps prevent the formation of kidney stones and thus helps the kidneys function optimally.
- Urinate frequently: Do not try to control your urine. Holding urine in for extended periods of time allows bacteria to multiply within the body. It is also important to urinate after intercourse as sexual activities can push the bacteria present on the skin deeper into your body. This is important for both men and women.
- Dress comfortably: Avoid synthetic, tight fitting underwear and clothes. Instead wear, loose, comfortable clothes that are preferably made out of cotton. These clothes will help keep your skin dry and not allow bacteria to breed.
- Pain relievers and heating pads: Sometimes, antibiotics can take a day or two before addressing bladder pain. In such cases, pain relievers can help deal with the discomfort and cramps. Heating pads can also help soothe abdominal and lower back pain that results from bladder infections.
- Diet: It is recommended that alcohol tomatoes chocolates caffeinated beverages may contribute to bladder irritation and inflammation BB.
- Smoking: Smoking makes the bladder symptoms worse therefore should be avoided.
- Certain stretching exercises: This also help to relieve PBS symptoms Drug therapy also used for this but takes around 6 months to relieve symptoms.
Is there any cream, gel or capsule which could increase the penis size because my penis is so small, sir. Waiting for your answer. Thank you.
Hlo, I am 24 years old girl I have pimple scars on my face and pimple to. How I remove my scars because it is too dark on my face. Laster treatments are beneficial or injurious for skin? please give me right path.
Polycystic ovarian disease or PCOD is a disease of the ovary that is characterized by the larger size of the ovary, fluid-filled sacs in the ovary, multiple cysts etc. In this condition, the ovary is covered by a white, tough, and thick outer covering. PCOD can have many implications including hormonal imbalance, menstruation cycle related disorders, insulin production and its usage etc. Ayurveda explains PCOD as a Kapha disorder and aims at clearing the obstruction of Vatadosha of the pelvis, normalize the menstrual cycle and balance metabolism.
Causes of PCOS
As per modern science the cause of PCOS is not fully understood. It is unknown.
- Hereditary – Genetics may be a factor. PCOS seems to run in families, so your chance of having it is higher if other women in your family have it or have irregular periods or diabetes. PCOS can be passed down from either your mother's or father's side.
- Hormonal imbalance – In PCOS there is abnormality in secretion of androgens, luteinizing hormone(LH), sex hormone-binding globulin (SHBG), prolactin. This may cause you to stop ovulating.
- Insulin resistance- Your body may have problems in using insulin leading to abnormal blood sugar levels. This increases the levels of insulin in your body, which increases androgen secretion again leading to hormonal fluctuations. The exact reason why these hormonal changes occur isn't known.
- Mild inflammation- Women with PCOS have mild inflammation, this type of low-grade inflammation stimulates polycystic ovaries to produce androgens in the body.
Ayurvedic approach in treating PCOD
Ayurveda looks at a holistic approach of treatment wherein the mind and the body are treated as one. The first step towards treating PCOS disorder is to reduce body weight along with lifestyle modification. The next step aims at countering the condition of PCOD with Panchakarma - a century-old treatment mechanism of Ayurveda. Some of the Panchakarma methods used in treating PCOD include Vamana, Vasthi, Virechana, Nasya etc. Before applying the Panchakarma therapy, oral administration of medicated oil is necessary. PCOS is a complex disorder which falls in artava kshaya, anartava, rasa vaha sroto dushti and medo vaha sroto dushti.
There is a definite cure for PCOS in ayurveda. But you must be patiently strong and willing as treatment may extend upto 6 months or 1 year.
Treatment includes panchakarma and internal medication. Panchakarma procedures like udvartana, vamana, virechana and basti.
- Uthara Vasthi: This procedure is very different from normal Vasthi in terms of its administration, ingredients, and quantity. This medication is applied to the uterus through the vagina. This is one of the best therapy when it comes to treating the polycystic ovarian syndrome.
- Vamana: Suitable herbal medication is prescribed to induce oral vomiting. It ensures that the toxin from inside the body comes out before the medication takes its effect on the source.
- Virechana: This is one of the cleansing methods that is prescribed in Panchakarma therapy. A patient is given herbal purgatives in the form of medicated oil to clear blockages of the Vata Dosha.
- Basti: This is the form of Panchakarma therapy that is meant for cleaning the alimentary canal. It has a calming effect on the Vata aggravation. This is the mode of medication where medicated herbal oil is injected through the anus. This procedure in Ayurveda is known as Basti. This is followed by another round of oil medication that has a mixture of herbal decoction, medicated oil, herbal paste, rock salt etc.
Benefits of Panchakarma in Women with PCOS