Treatment of Scalp Reduction
Mole Removal Surgery
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Polishing Treatment
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Reconstructive Surgery Procedure
Restoration Aesthetics Procedures
Cutaneous Fillers Treatment
Prp Hair Transplantation
Pityriasis Rosea Treatment
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Laser Resurfacing Procedure
Submit a review for KulkarnisYour feedback matters!
Vegetables are wonderful for maintaining healthy skin
10 reasons why you should include cucumber to your diet
Cucumbers are said to have the following benefits: Potential antidiabetic, antioxidant activity, cleansing action of toxins and waste, soothing effect against skin irritation, and prevention of constipation. And here are 10 health benefits of cucumbers in more details.
1. Help you stay hydrated
Cucumbers are 95.2 percent water, which means that a 5-ounce serving contains 4.8 ounces or 150 ml water. That’s already about 26 percent of your daily water intake through food.
2. Support heart health
Cucumbers contain potassium (152mg per cup), which can help lower blood pressure. A review of the best studies conducted on potassium intake showed that a higher intake “is associated with lower rates of stroke and might also reduce the risk of total cardiovascular disease.”
3. Protect your brain from neurological diseases
An anti-inflammatory substance called fisetin is present in cucumbers, as well as strawberries and grapes
It has recently been suggested that fisetin plays an important role in brain health: It would have “the ability to reduce the impact of age-related neurological diseases on brain function,” and it would also help maintain cognitive function in people with Alzeimer’s disease.
4. Protect your skin against the effects of aging
There is a reason why cucumbers are used in skin care: They have been shown to be effective as a potential anti-wrinkle agent in cosmetic products, protecting our skin form the effects of aging.
5. Fight inflammation in the body and reduce the risk of Cancer.
Cucumbers can help lower the inflammatory response in the body. They contain polyphenols called lignans, which can potentially reduce the risk of certain cancers and cardiovascular diseases.
They also contain plant nutrients called cucurbitacins, which have anti-cancer properties: “Scientists have already determined that several different signaling pathways required for cancer cell development and survival can be blocked by activity of cucurbitacins”.
6. Relieve Pain
Flavonoids, which are anti-inflammatory substances, and tannins in cucumbers have both been shown to limit the release of free radicals in the body and to reduce pain.
As explained in the Journal of Young Pharmacists, “traditionally, this plant is used for headaches; the seeds are cooling and diuretic, the fruit juice is used as a nutritive and as a demulcent in anti-acne lotions.”
7. Reduce bad breath
Bad breath is usually caused by bacteria in the mouth. Fiber and water-rich vegetables like cucumbers can boost your mouth’s saliva production, which in turn helps wash away the bacteria that cause the odor in the mouth.
8. Protect your bones
Cucumber are a good source of vitamin K: One cup contains 22 percent of the recommended daily intake of vitamin K. This vitamin is essential for bone health, as low vitamin K intakes have been associated with a higher risk for bone fracture. Vitamin K is also important for improving calcium absorption in the bones.
9. Prevent constipation
Cucumbers are rich in water, and their skin contains insoluble fiber. Both water and fiber help food to move through the digestive tract quicker and more easily, helping prevent constipation.
10. Maintain a healthy weight
Cucumbers are very low in calories (16 calories per cup) and they also contain fiber in the skin. And foods that contain fiber can help maintain a healthy weight.
How to lose fat from hips and thighs
Dietary changes –
- Check the oil that you are using. Vegetable-based and olive oils are good for you. Cut down on ghee, butter, cheese, paneer and margarine.
- Limit your carb intake. Restrict yourself while eating potatoes, white rice, sago, pasta and other products made of refined flours.
- Use only skimmed milk and skimmed milk curd.
- Give up on all the fried foods until you get that shape. Nothing will come easily. Avoid fries, pakodas, samosa, fried momos, chips, and other fried snacks.
- Increase your fibre intake. Eat whole cereals, oats, broken wheat / daliya, brown rice, brown breads, fruits with skin and a lot of green veggies. If possible mix bran into your flour.
- If you are a non-vegetarian and enjoy fish, you will love this diet. Eat fish upto 4 times a week. Bake it, grill it but don’t fry it. You can have other lean meats up to 2 times in a week. And egg whites for breakfast are a good idea.
- 2 tsp of triphala churn, along with ginger water is excellent way to help you liver to break down fats speedily and effectively.
- Cut the intake of wheat. Extra carbs always end of on hips and thighs. Include other cereals like jowar, bajra, and mix these flours with horse gram flour and soya flour.
- Go very light with your dinners. A plate full of salad made out of veggies, sprouts, fruits along with soups will help. Fill in with a very small portion of brown rice or daliya. In short have a fiber and protein rich dinner and go low on carbs.
- Eat dinner around 7.30 pm and having a small walk after it will only add up to your goal.
- Consume as much of water as you can and eat different varieties of melons for better results.
How to lose fat from hips and thighs through exercise:
- Walking is the best exercise for your hips and thighs. Walking up to 4 km per day will make your goal appear closer and closer.
- If I ask you, “how to lose fat from hips and thighs”? you would probably answer cross trainer or the cycle at gym. Frankly you are not helping yourself if you are doing these to lose fat from hips and thighs. These exercises will only help you in tightening your muscles and then bulking them up.
- If you have been walking already, but don’t see much result, then you might need to increase the distance by a km and the intensity of walks from the 30th minute onwards. Also check your diet to ensure you are following the tips above.
- Lunges and squats will help you too. Remember to check your posture while you do these exercises. Wrong posture can cause pain.
- Running and jogging, hiking and trekking will help you too.
Thyroid and weight loss
Losing weight with hypothyroidism is a challenging task. All those with hypo thyroid and weight loss on their mind, go for a very low calorie diet which can further lower the body’s metabolism, worsening the problem. Hence the correct approach is needed.
Keep a check on your thyroid levels: remember the answer to your weight loss question is solving the reason for weight gain. If you have a thyroid problem and weight loss is your goal, you must keep a check on your thyroid levels. Take your medications regularly and keep your levels as close to the normal range as possible. And you will see your weight coming to normal. Check your thyroid levels every 3-4 months, or at least once in 6 months.
Increase your activity: lowered metabolism is the main hurdle for those struggling with thyroid and weight loss. Increasing the activity levels through exercise will help in increasing the metabolism. Increase your activity levels by including a 30-45 minutes exercise session, be it walking, yoga, tai chi, swimming, cycling or gymming. Take the stairs every time you have to climb up or down. Short medium paced walks after your meals will be beneficial too.
Increase your water and fibre intake:
Hypothyroidism can cause chronic constipation, water retention and edema. Increasing water and fibre intake will help in regularizing bowel movements. Increased water consumption will also help in flushing out your lymphatic system, further helping water retention problems.
Increase selenium intake: to supplement selenium in your diet, include bran, whole wheat, tuna, onions and tomatoes in your diet.
Increase iodine intake: increasing iodine intake will help in improving the thyroid functions. Eat iodized salt. If your doctor advises, go in for iodine supplements as well.
Increase your metabolism: the key for thyroid and weight loss is increasing your metabolism. Here are some tips on how you can do that.
i] Have 5-6 mini meals – Small and frequent meals helps in reducing the sugar spikes and balance the blood sugar level. This will help in avoiding hunger pangs. Small frequent meals help by keeping the digestive system on the go. It helps in burning more involuntary calories and prevents storage of fat.
ii] Green tea – Drinking green tea will increase the metabolic rate and your energy levels. Hypothyroidism makes you feel tired and fatigued all the time. Green tea will help in decreasing the stress levels and will give you the most needed energy kick.
iii] Warm water and lemon – A glass of warm water and lemon early in the morning and after your main meals will help you in keeping the metabolism rate up through out the day.
Thyroid and weight loss:-
Foods to eat: Include a lot of carrots, whole grain cereals, avocado, apricots, fish, asparagus, olive oil and sunflower seeds.
Foods to avoid: Eat less of broccoli, lima beans, cabbage, peanuts, sweet potato, mustard, kale, kohlrabi, linseed and soy products. These foods may interfere with iodine uptake in the body. Don’t cut these foods out completely, just keep these to a minimum.
Whether the excess weight comes from thyroid or other hormonal issues, the key to weight loss is to correct the underlying condition while monitoring your diet, eating the right things and avoiding what’s wrong and exercising. A healthy lifestyle since the very beginning is the solution to every weight related problem, including thyroid and weight loss.
Doctor! I want to become fair. I have a little Dark Complexion. Can You please tell me Some Effective tips so that it can help me!
Teeth may be lost due to various reasons - decay, periodontal disease, age, trauma, etc. Whatever the reason, losing a tooth causes some side effects, as noted below:
- Reduced chewing efficiency, thereby affecting nutrition
- Aesthetics, more effect if front teeth are lost
- Structural support to the face - puckering can happen
- Overall nutrition affected
For someone who has lost a tooth or teeth, dentures are a boon. There are various options for people, and choice can be made based on economic, cosmetic, and overall health conditions.
Partial/complete: If only one or few teeth are being replaced, it is a partial denture. This can be fixed or removable. In case of old age or trauma where all teeth are lost, a complete denture would be in order. In most cases, this is a removable denture.
Fixed dentures/Removable dentures: Depending on whether the denture is fixed in the mouth or can be removed when not in use.
Metal or ceramic or combination: In some cases, for aesthetic or economic reasons, the patient can decide to go for a metallic fixed partial denture. The fabricated crowns will have a metallic surface but is acceptable given the strength, especially in posterior teeth, which take a heavy mastication load.
In cases of front teeth loss, the denture should almost always be a ceramic one, especially for cosmetic reasons. If the person cannot afford, a removable denture can be done.
The optimal denture should be chosen based on a number of factors including the functional and aesthetic expectations.
Caring for dentures: It depends on the types of dentures you choose.
Fixed dentures: This requires religious brushing, flossing or interdental brushing, and rinsing. The edges of the denture can put pressure on the gums and cause irritation, this needs to be watched for.
- Clean the dentures after every meal
- Be careful when handling them to avoid fall and breakage
- Handle the clasps with care, altered clasps may not fit properly
- Clean the bone and gums around the denture after each meal
- Soak the dentures overnight in water or a denture-soaking solution
- Avoid soaking it in hot water, can lead to warping of the denture plate
- Avoid hard brushing of the dentures
With any denture in the mouth, visit the dentist regularly every 6 months to keep a constant vigil on your overall dental health. Ill-fitting dentures, especially, need to be corrected immediately as they can lead to irritation, ulcers, and even infections.
With these small precautions, the denture can function to its optimal level and serve as a good replacement of the lost tooth.
Even rice has 200 calories and even 2 chapati has 200 calories then y it s recommended not to eat rice for weight loss.
Hello sir/mam My skin is effected with sun tan and acne prone and hyper pigmentation and dark circles and more some allergies.
Forget spending time and money at your local spa. The secret of glowing skin is as close as your kitchen. Treat you skin naturally with herbs that are meant to nourish and glow your skin. Pure ayurveda discovered natural face mask made of genlte, natural ingredients targetting your skincare.
E-prescription of face mask according to your skin types.